• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Designing and RPing in a DND Continent

Bronco

I pull levers
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ahoy travelers! My name is Bronco and I'm a massive nerd.

For some time I've had a small idea, a small idea that grew into something larger after jumping into numerous dnd campaigns. Now before we begin I'd like to establish that this in NO WAY will require any dice rolling. If it did, you'd be reading this under the dice tab (duh). No, instead this will simply be a freeform rp where you can dump all your poor neglected dnd characters (or any character that'd fit the atmosphere) that've been collecting dust recently. But onto what exactly this is...

Recently I drew up a map, a map of your generic fantasy continent. On this map I plan to place a plethora of cities, settlements, and other locations; some of which I've already figured out. Populating these places will also be a slew of factions for yourselves to either mingle with or antagonize. However, the process is nowhere near complete and I find myself in need of some assistance in doing so. There's a whole lot of realestate for you guys to potentially fill in, I'll also be planting in my own ideas along the way. The same can be said for factions you'd like to cook up. Now I have four big ones that'll be the rival "governments" on this land, but the smaller to intermediate forces will be left up to the group. All I ask is that none are incredibly over the top, and perhaps even relate to the big four in some way.

Now, moving on to why this isn't in the nation building forum. You'll need characters to interact with this world, an element that's even more important than the actual setting in my eyes. Once the continent is out of the way, of heck maybe you'll get some ideas during the brainstorming process, it'd be awesome to see what y'all can bring to the table. Perhaps your characters will represent the interests of some faction, or maybe they're fresh arrivals in this new land looking for work. Either way, there's definitely an adventure involved.

So, if you're feeling particularly creative feel free to respond below. I'm hoping that the process won't take super long, as again we're really just dragging and dropping locales onto a map at this point. If it does turn lengthy we can probably cut some corners from the world, y'know "cross the bridge as we get to it" as it were. So yeah, that's the pitch, hope it reals in some of you fellow fantasy lovers out there.

DND Continent.jpg

This sounds 100% like my type of RP! I am definitely down and as a part time DM myself, I'm more than willing to help with set up ideas and what not.

This sounds 100% like my type of RP! I am definitely down and as a part time DM myself, I'm more than willing to help with set up ideas and what not.
i'm down. anything that has as little as an ounce of worldbuilding is instantly a green light for me.
Fantastic to hear, I’ll be around more tonight so we can begin putting the setting together.
As for anyone else looking to join, feel free to hop in (the more the merrier).

Alright then, I'll be adding all of you interested folks to a dm so we can brainstorm.

Hey, is there still room for me to join? I might be more off-and-on, but I'd love to help you out!

I'd love to join in!!! World building is so exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back