• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Demon Hunting: Welcome to the Rejects (CLOSED)

"You were going with Shuck Leeds to save a safehouse, right?" He inquired. "The little . . ." He gritted his teeth and exhaled. "scamp who's holed up there . . . I want you to bring him here. Shuck too if you can." He explained. "You already met Hedley outside: the driver. He'll pick you up once you have them, but you'll have to convince Shuck to get in.
The other guy . . . I have business with him." His face softened. "Shuck I just want to see. I worry about him. Working for Azrael and all." He chuckled. "Oh that's right you don't know that yet?" He grinned with pride.

Axel looks the man dead in the eye. “Is that the hot lady with white hair and curves that I pissed off accidentily earlier? That reminds me, I need her number.”

"Well aren't you trying to play the field?" He chuckled, writing something down in a nearby notepad. "She is NO lady." He shook his head. "I mean being the former Angel of Death tends to kill a dating life, no pun intended."
He glanced at her with a slight puppy-dog eyed expression. "And here I am feeling jealous."
In a flash, he spun the chair around and once he faced Axel again, he had shifted himself into a feminine form. The same hair, golden fangs, and red eyes, but his/her tuxedo's coat now looked strained at an overly generous bust.
"This move me up on the list?" The new voice dripped with honey. She winked and licked her lips, miraculously applying a layer of scarlet lipstick to match the piercing eyes.

Axel smirks. “You were already up on the list anyway. Also it depends on the compensation which depends on whether I cooperate or not.”

"Fair enough." She shrugged before a puff of smoke returned the individual to the original, masculine form.
Wiping the lipstick off, he shot another charming smile.
"I'm offering a full-time position, flexible hours, many benefits, complete immunity from anything wanting you dead on Earth, and a date with Onii'baba if you want."
Flicking his wrist, a photograph appeared in his grasp. Once he lay it upon the table, it was of a demoness of impressive beauty. Her skin a silver hue with speckles of black and red, her figure a perfect hourglass, her face accentuated with golden eyes and full lips. Behind the horns, a stream of ebony locks that flowed past her wide hips.
"She's a bit tall mind you, but she is one of my most successful employees." He added in. "All for the price of a half-demon and a human."

"Then to Hell with her." The photo turned to ash, chuckling at his comment. "BDSM freak anyway.
So . . ." He leaned forward. "Is it a Deal?"

He cocked his head and giggled.
"Sorry . . . But that's not an option at the moment." He snapped his fingers. "Hedley!"

In a moment, a tiny, pitch-black imp creature with a donkey head appeared next to him in a puff of smoke.
"Ye, boss?" He asked in the Irish voice of the driver outside.

"Lock the door, and call Sam." The man instructed.

The little imp clopped past Axel and locked the doors to the office before departing in another smoke cloud.

The man stood from his desk. "I don't think you fully realize the importance this situation is to me. In fact, I'm betting you still don't know where you are or . . ." He grinned wickedly, his red eyes taking on a reptilian quality for a moment. "Who I am."

“Well, I’m going to be taking my leave now, and you’re a hot bad guy.”
Axel walks to the open window.

Once the curtains parted, the cityscape became visible. Industrial plumes of smoke belched from towering iron chimneys. Beyond the line of buildings, the land was volcanic and coated with falling ash.
It looked . . . Hellish.

"Not A hot bad guy." He said while standing next to her and gazing at the wasteland beyond. "THE hot bad guy."
He glanced at her. "I've got many names, but please . . . Call me Luci."

“Sorry but I don’t care about your name hot bad guy. Now, I’ll be leaving,” Axel states as she starts to climb out of the window, removing the cape on the way.

The moment she stepped out from the tower that spanned unnaturally high from the ground, she found herself on the floor of the office floor once more. The window was to her back as though she had merely jumped inside.

Luci was slowly clapping before her.
"Very impressive parkour, dear." He commended. "Although I feel I may have miscommunicated my position in all of this."
The office door opened.
"Let's take a stroll, hmm?"

“What makes you think I want to go on a walk with you?”

"Because you're a guest, and I do consider myself a hospitable host." He bowed politely. "And I'm still keeping the offer on the table."

A demoness in a pants-suit approached from outside.
"Sir, your 4:00 is here."

"Tell those two I'll be with them shortly." Luci said blandly.

"But sir-"

"If those two want to get in the 2016 election, then they'll be good little humans until I tell them to kill each other."

"Yes sir."

His red eyes returned to Axel. "Not much affects you does it? Most Fomorians would be shaking in their boots to be where you are right now." He smirked.

Axel smirked back. “I’m not normal, haven’t you figured that out yet? Also what is a fomorian?”

"Fairies, Elves, and the like." He shrugged. "Same beastie." He explained. "Think the difference between dogs and wolves. Wolves being Nephilim, Fomorians are the dogs. No offense."

“I might take back the offer for your number. You’re a dick.”

"Well that's not nice." He feigned sorrow. "I prefer to think I'm an entrepreneur providing an essential Cosmic service."
He stepped aside and offered a passage down the hallway.
"Please, hear me out."

Axels phone starts to ring before she gets to answer. It’s an unknown number.
“Hello.....what do you mean I need to get out of here.....I’m perfectly fine thank you.....no I’m not being sarcastic.......i have to go.......nope, don’t want to hear it. Goodbye.”
She hung up on the other person. “Please continue what you were saying.”

His eyes flickered again.
"I'm starting to think it won't matter what I have to say." He folded his arms behind his back. "Cain?"

A blade would press against Axel's back, tearing into her shirt and almost drawing blood.

"Yes, sir?" Said a voice against her ear. It hissed behind grinning teeth.

"I think negotiations are over." Luci frowned. "See if Onii'baba can take her as another pet." He turned away.

Then the tower shook from a thunderous explosion, tumbling the knife wielder to the ground.
The Devil himself turned back around in a snarl, his eyes blazing and his face shifting from a human appearance to one not born of natural means.

Every fiber of Axel's being would scream one word.
Run.

Unfortunately, Hell's God stood in the way of the elevator beyond, which left only the window.

The guy controlling Axel let go as soon as he saw the god. Axel thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to get away. Unfortunately, an old wound opened up, preventing her from making no noise as she tries to get away. Starting to crawl, she hisses when it hurts too badly and decides to stay where she is on the floor.

The tower shook once more, and Axel and the Devil slid on the floor toward the wall, a sign that the tower was falling.

The window shattered and a strong-gripped hand snatched Axel up and carried her out the window. She heard the spinning gears of rappeling gear as the crumbling building zoomed past her vision faster than she could keep track.

In some of the windows, demons of different sizes were trying to escape.
Her rescuer landed on the ground and sprinted for the next stop. All she could hear was falling stone and a sputtering motor.
The next thing she knew, she was tossed in a bullet hole ridden van with Shuck's face glaring at her as he removed the rappeling gear.

"Sheesh. Just put out a red carpet, and you'll just walk into Hell with a smile." He scolded, getting in the driver's seat.
"Don't worry bout the safehouse. It's rubble, but me and the freak got out."

Gunshots and inhuman screams came from a nearby building jutting from the wall.
"That'll be him now." Shuck said, trying to get the battle-damaged vehicle to cooperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back