• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Demon Hunting: Welcome to the Rejects (CLOSED)

Axel looked even more confused. "I've been making silver bullets this whole time when I could have just bought them? Oh well, at least I'm learning things. Also, why does 'Az' need this much protection? What is he? Most wanted on the FBI list? Also demons are meant to hate elves."

"One breed of demon you mean." Shuck corrected. "Fomorians from Ireland and Faes. Rest of em . . . Fairfolk just get in their way." He took her through the facility. "Elves were waging a dummy war starting about 500 years ago. Hell sends demons up to distract the populations and species of an area to make it easier to do their work." He glanced behind her. "Remember the Crusades? That whole thing was planned. To make it easier to undermine Church activities and smuggle the Plague into cities."
They cleared a box of supplies and an office came into view. A light glowed from the window, and a figure sat at a desk.
"As for Az . . . Well Heaven's got a grudge lastin over 200 years with the boss, and Hell has always wanted that head on a stick. Even the splinter groups."

"So, why do you think that he's going to offer me a job when a taxi driver literally mistook me for a 'Hippie' about," she looks at her watch, "2 hours ago."

"Cause you're one of the Fairfolk, in the most demonically infested parts of the world . . ." He looked at her. "And you ain't been picked off. That's my guess."
They started to ascend the stairs to the office.

Axel grew wary with each step she took. "I'm not fully fair-folk. I'm half human too."

"That makes it even more impressive." Shuck said. "Half-breeds are really valuable to some of the Demon Lords . . ." He pauses as they approached the door. "And I've dealt with a fella who'd drool over the chance to get his claws on you."

"I hope he knows that my machette would like to say a few words to him then. I will not stand someone drooling over the chance to use me for their benefit only. Men disgust me. Also my pistol may be getting a little rusty and I need to try out my new silver bullets."

He almost opened the door, but stopped at her comments.
"Ok . . . I need to clear the air with this." He faced her. "You need to stop with the dick measuring." He smirked, unamused. "You can go up and down how tough you are, and how you'll kick whoever's ass to next week . . . But I know as you are right now . . . A real demon who is trying to kill you, and not just some newbie sent to possess a small girl, is going to floss his teeth with your hair and use your ribs as toothpicks." He was deadly serious. "So calm down."

He opened the door, and a woman with flawless features sat at a desk writing something onto a clipboard. Her hair was white as fresh snow, and her eyes were blue in the brightest hue of the sky.

"Ere she is, Az." Shuck smiled. "The one who pantsed me in the cafe."

Axel whispers to Shuck, "wow she's hot. Is she single?" before smiling at Az. "Yes, I managed to gross him out with a small piece of intestine that got caught in my hair."

Az looked up from her desk.

"Well that's a nice first impression." She said blankly. "Sit down." She pointed at the chair in front of her desk.

Her tone would cut into Axel like a cold blade. As though some part of her being felt an instinctual terror at displeasing this woman.
She appeared human, but there was something else about her.

Axel sat down in front of her desk, just staring at her. After a lot of silence, she finally spoke after realisation. "You're not a full demon are you? Only the fairfolk have eyes and hair of that hue and color."

Az stared back, her face not shifting from the blank stare.

"Sit down, please." She said with her eyes narrowing.

Shuck rubbed his temples and sighed in growing anxiety.

Az stared back, her face not shifting from the blank stare.

"Don't try to assume anything of me, young lady." She said with her eyes narrowing.

Shuck rubbed his temples and sighed in growing anxiety.
Shuck's boss put away the clipboard, and folded her hands in her lap.
"You've caused a good bit of trouble tonight, I hope you realize. For Shuck, myself, and the safety of everyone in this building."

Axel started to shift in her seat. There was something about the woman in front of her that she couldn't seem to put her finger on. The harder she thought about it the more she started to notice things: the grain pattern in the desk, the exact hue of her eyes, how nervous Shuck seemed to be and the dark presence in the corner of the room that was starting to slowly progress t's way forward.

"I've known you for mere moments now, and I can see you're boastful, proud, impulsive, and a bit stubborn." She glanced at Shuck. "I'm frankly amazed you two aren't already fast friends."

Shuck stepped forward. "Now hold on, Az-"

"What happened with Geph?"

Shuck sighed. "He got away when this one spotted us. I'll nab him again, I know where he is."

"It'll have to wait. One of the safehouses got attacked earlier."

"Not the one with-"

"Yes. That one." Even she sighed in annoyance.

"I told you we shouldn't have left him alone there."

"You were right." She softened a bit, leaning back in her seat. "Did you get anything from the body at least?"

"Yeah . . . I think C's involved. The bloke was one of Janice's regulars. Apparently somebody wanted a poke at her girl: Samantha, so bad that he murdered that fleshy to get her." He shrugged. "I'll look into it."

Az returned her eyes to Axel. "Take her and clean up the safehouse."

"What?!" Shuck barked. "She's nothing but trouble-"

"Then this is her last chance to make up for the chaos caused tonight." She stared intently at the half-Fair.
"To redeem herself."

"Why would we be fast friends and I'll go if I get my machette and knives back."

"Since it seems you two have similar qualities." She looked at her. "And I must confess, he seems to differ from you in the department of manners."
She returned to her desk.
"You'll get your weapons back once you leave. I'm fairly sure that was explained to you already."

Shuck cleared his throat.
"Ma'am." He said to Az, gesturing to Axel and opening the door on her behalf.

Axel smirks. "Since when did you become a gentleman and thank you kind sir."

"I've opened every single door thank you very much." He squinted as she passed, shutting the door behind him. "And I think you pissed her off a bit."
He began descending the stairs. "Didn't botch the interview completely though it seems."

"What did I do wrong? I've always been told to be myself, whats wrong with that?"

"Let's see, you walk into her home, and assume what she is without so much as an introduction." They passed the supply crates again. "And you tried to negotiate a given job as an initiation." He looked at her. "So I think a bit TOO much of yourself." He smirked.

Az watched them from above.

"But fairfolk ARE the only supernatural creatures to have that hair and eye hue and color. Also is she single? She's hot?"

"First off, no they're not." Shuck opened the door to the hallway for her. "Second, she's none of your business."
They proceeded through the hallway, the clopping of his hooves echoing faintly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back