• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Demon Hunting: Welcome to the Rejects (CLOSED)

Da Doofus

Veteran Geek
It's the new millenium, and you are one of the few who know this.
Demons are as real as anything. You've done some investigations, attended some exorcisms that aren't fraudulent. However, you have yet to realize that as far as demon hunting and the realm of the supernatural goes . . .
You're in the little league.

That is, until you stumble into the lives of two of the most unorthodox fellows of your career.

I’m interested
Well that was quicker than I thought lol.
Happy to have you, welcome, welcome. Have a drink!

Ok so it's set in the year 2000, and it's narrative driven as far as direction and events. But you do have sway.
I'll avoid spoilers for now but I truly think you will like this.
All I ask is commitment. If it starts to lose your interest, let me know. I prefer that than a forever inactive thread.

Well that was quicker than I thought lol.
Happy to have you, welcome, welcome. Have a drink!

Ok so it's set in the year 2000, and it's narrative driven as far as direction and events. But you do have sway.
I'll avoid spoilers for now but I truly think you will like this.
All I ask is commitment. If it starts to lose your interest, let me know. I prefer that than a forever inactive thread.

I tend to get annoyed when people leave halfway through a roleplay or say they don't like it, so there's nothing but commitment here

I've been hurt before, but it's good to hear it anyway.
:p

Ok so any questions at all before I start us off?

Are there any specific needs for characters to be or could I just use my own OC? If not, I'l use a different one from my main one.

It's the new millenium, and you are one of the few who know this.
Demons are as real as anything. You've done some investigations, attended some exorcisms that aren't fraudulent. However, you have yet to realize that as far as demon hunting and the realm of the supernatural goes . . .
You're in the little league.

That is, until you stumble into the lives of two of the most unorthodox fellows of your career.

Another fake exorcism to get online attention. So far, the tip off that there'd been an increase in supernatural sightings, (both staged or otherwise), was proving to be a bust.
Not one possible lead has pointed you in the direction of the recent paganistic murders through the city. Neither the news reporters or the cops see the signs, but you did. Someone or something was making moves.

You were now in a taxi, on your way to another lead. It was nearing midnight, and the tabloid newspaper in your hand had an article about a man found drained of all bodily fluid by the docks.
A scenic part of town at day, but the night may bring other perspective.

The greasy-haired driver with a poorly trimmed beard glanced back at you.
"So . . . Why you goin to the docks this late?" He asked, passing a lane of blocked traffic in favor of an alternate street.

Are we doing the roleplay in messages or just on here?

Another fake exorcism to get online attention. So far, the tip off that there'd been an increase in supernatural sightings, (both staged or otherwise), was proving to be a bust.
Not one possible lead has pointed you in the direction of the recent paganistic murders through the city. Neither the news reporters or the cops see the signs, but you did. Someone or something was making moves.

You were now in a taxi, on your way to another lead. It was nearing midnight, and the tabloid newspaper in your hand had an article about a man found drained of all bodily fluid by the docks.
A scenic part of town at day, but the night may bring other perspective.

The greasy-haired driver with a poorly trimmed beard glanced back at you.
"So . . . Why you goin to the docks this late?" He asked, passing a lane of blocked traffic in favor of an alternate street.

"I'm... meeting a friend. Yeah, they said that they'd help me look for something," Axel replies nervously, twisting her mint green hair in her hand.

He eyed her hair for a moment with a suspicious brow.
Returning his eyes to the road, Axel may have heard him mutter something that sounded like: "Friggin hippies."

A few more minutes passed, and the oceanic bay glittering in the moonlight and distant lit bulbs came into view.
"Here you are, miss." The driver yawned, stopping near the docks.
"That'll be $13.50."

Axel cautiously handed him the money. As she stepped out, she swung her hips and stated confidently, "do i look like a Hippie to you?", then slammed the car door shut. After she had made sure that she wasn't being followed, she hid behind a stack of crates, waiting for the scene before her unfold.

(I like her already)
The clock struck 1:00, it was now two days into the new millenium, and nothing was transpiring before her.
A stray cat wandered by, but fled once it saw her, but nothing so eventful happened yet.
2:00, and only the almost hypnotic sounds of water washing over the concrete barriers and beneath the wooden planks kept the night from bland silence.
3:00

It was beginning to look like another bust.
Then a trash can rolled noisily down from the nearby uphill street, followed by a distant crashing and echoed shouts.

(Thanks)
Axel takes a deep breath in. She's waited for a moment like this most of her life since she knew that demons and the supernatural were real. How did she know this? Well, as a child she would always see small black demons floating about everywhere and was invited to attend True Cross Academy. She had slain her first demon at the tender age of 15, knowing how dangerous they could be. Unfortunately for her, Axel was so concentrated on the scene in front of her that she failed to notice the figures approaching behind her.

No such figures appeared however, only pigeons startled by the noise from up the street to her right.
As it continued, it started to sound like a struggle. Without any premonition, a flash of light came from that direction, followed by another crash.
The voices grew more aggressive, and was there a snarl mixed in as well?

Axel was becoming more anxious. She tightened her jacket around her once more, wishing she had worn warmer clothes, however her eyes stayed adamant on the scene in front of the crates she was hiding behind

The noises grew louder, the source was approaching, and footsteps joined the grumbling voice.

"Now why'd you have to go and swat at me sunglasses for then?" It said in a cockney accent. Whatever was happening was behind a stack of boxes to her right. Too tall to see over.

"Back off, Shuck." The second voice pleaded, scurrying on the ground away from the attacker. On the concrete it sounded like claws were scraping on the rough road.
"I don't know nothing."

"Then what you doin on the docks this late, eh?"

"Maybe I like fishin." The second fellow spat.

"Maybe you can be bait, then?" Footsteps that clopped like hooves stamped on the ground before a sound of an impact sent the second one wheezing. "C sent one of his girl out here and the client got jumped. Who did the sap in?"

"I don't know nothin."

"There's a new boy in town, Geph. I want his name."

"Go fuck yours-"

Another impact, and a box got knocked over next to her. Whoever was asking the questions had the other fellow pinned on the other side.

"Who's the new boy?" He roared.

Axel was trying to stay silent during all of this, not wanting them to find her. She took a deep breath and repositioned herself. Her foot slipped from underneath her, her body flying to the right where the voices are. Axel landed on her back where the boxes used to be with her legs flailing in the air.

“Ermmm..... hello?”

What now gawked at her were two creatures of obvious demonic physiology.
The one that was pinned to the boxes by his torn shirt collar had grey, rough skin and a gargoylish face. Standing almost 7 feet tall if he stood upright.

His attacker was much larger and had fleshy caramel skin and furry legs that stood on two large cloven toes. His face was like a mix of a horse and a wolf, with emerald green eyes.
His other most notable feature had to be the silkenly groomed mane of ebony hair that draped down his back and had two braids draping down his chest from the front.

They stood frozen and in absolute bewilderment at her presence.
Both creatures darted their eyes between each other and her.

"Evenin, ma'am." The larger one grinned with fanged teeth.

The grey demon took this opportunity to thrust his knee into the brown one's crotch, keeling him over in a pained wheeze before darting off with a fedora in hand.
The last thing Axel would see of him was the fedora being placed on his head, and a flash of light transforming him into a man wearing a torn jean jacket.

"Damn shifty-eyed poncey twatter." The caramel demon groaned, his hands over the aching part of his pants.
He glanced at Axel. "Would you believe me if I said we just came from a costume party?"

Axel's almost white-baby blue eyes sparkled.

"I've been studying demonology for years after I saw the small floating ones as a child." Axel stood up and brushed off the dust from her, and looked up at the two men towering over her 5"2 frame, "so, what are your names and what are you doing here?"

The other one had disappeared in his escape down the street, leaving only the larger one.
He sighed and stood upright, a full 8"7, and brushed a silky lock from his face.
He had a body riddled with muscle beneath a white T-shirt and a leather jacket with torn sleeves at the shoulders.

"You see then, luv . . ." He gestured with his left arm, which was as thick as a tree-trunk, and drew a snubnose .44 magnum with his right.
Within seconds, it was pointed at her from his hip.
"You work for the Church?" He cocked an eyebrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back