• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Defenders of Earth

slim

destroyer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Defenders of Earth

Ever since the discovery of the predatory species in 2070, the creatures referred to as Kajins, Earth has been in a constant fight and tensions are high as Kajin attempt to take over the planet. So far South Africa has only been the causality of the Kajin’s invasion but everyday they mount attacks in their attempt to wipe out everyone. While only a few hundred thousand live in the colonies they created, their technology and weapons leave them safe from most attacks the other countries have tried launching. Everyone knows that soon the rest of the Kajin will arrive and that will mean the end to all humanity.

The Afforum Academy is the top school for children K-12 to become heroes of the future. It trains children to be able to fight and defend Mother Earth from her attackers. Children from all backgrounds can decide to come to the Academy, but children with criminal records are forced to attend after too many misdemeanors. What better than punishment that being allowed a chance to become a protector of Earth? You can fight for glory and the protection of your home.

___

This isn’t a detailed rp but more on the casual side. I’ll be using chapters, or episodes, to move the rp along and there will be missions and such and all that. Feel free to ask questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability but I’ll try to knock some out right now.

You can make a character from any country but the Afforum Academy is in New Mexico (that’s in America just so you know). Technology will be advanced so I’m all for characters having soom nifty weapons and cybernetic enhancements and all that jazz. The year the rp is starting is 2083 so most characters won’t know what life was before the invasion because the characters are teens/kids (unless you’re playing a teaching role in the academy which i will discuss later). I’ll have pages for explaining what the Kajin are like and their weaponry and all that.

xxx

coding by cychotic

I like this idea, but, I see ages younger than 15 being a bit too young. 15-19 I can understand, 18-19 being senior years soon to leave the Academy possibly acting as class assistants for Instructors to help develop their leadership abilities. In fact, that's the age group I had intended to join the British Army at as you can apply at 15 and attend the Army College at 16-17. Toss the kids younger than 15-19 into military prep I'd say. I was looking to go for instructor anyway so that's not really too concerning for me, it's just my two cents on the implications with it.

On another note I'd like to ask why kids with misdemeanours would be required to attend it. The real world US Naval Academy wouldn't be ushering in people with a serious history of non-conformity or unable to comply with authority figures. Train a trouble maker to throw a punch, he'll likely beat someone down. Train a trouble maker to kill, he'll probably do just that.

Again I like this, just those two things that tickle m

I like this idea, but, I see ages younger than 15 being a bit too young. 15-19 I can understand, 18-19 being senior years soon to leave the Academy possibly acting as class assistants for Instructors to help develop their leadership abilities. In fact, that's the age group I had intended to join the British Army at as you can apply at 15 and attend the Army College at 16-17. Toss the kids younger than 15-19 into military prep I'd say. I was looking to go for instructor anyway so that's not really too concerning for me, it's just my two cents on the implications with it.

On another note I'd like to ask why kids with misdemeanours would be required to attend it. The real world US Naval Academy wouldn't be ushering in people with a serious history of non-conformity or unable to comply with authority figures. Train a trouble maker to throw a punch, he'll likely beat someone down. Train a trouble maker to kill, he'll probably do just that.

I use to be in this thing called JROTC kind of like a junior thing for the military. I was basically a juvenile. I had gotten into trouble, beat a couple of kids down, and gotten close to expulsion. This JROTC (junior military basically) taught me discipline and such and I didn't beat down any kids or do anything worse than that.

I use to be in this thing called JROTC kind of like a junior thing for the military. I was basically a juvenile. I had gotten into trouble, beat a couple of kids down, and gotten close to expulsion. This JROTC (junior military basically) taught me discipline and such and I didn't beat down any kids or do anything worse than that.
At the most that it did, it kept me out of trouble.

Blake Kyknos Blake Kyknos JROTC is not the Naval Academy. JROTC is not the military, it is very much a funded youth organisation with military ties. Voluntarily going to JROTC (Whichever branch) and being forced to attend a military academy, one which intends on making the leaders of tomorrow, are very different.

Yeah I didn’t see anyone younger than 14 actually participating in any dangerous situations, more like that being for older children while younger ones simply are at the academy to train until they are old enough and have enough prowess, but young children with the capability are allowed. It’s like that movie The Fifth Wave since there are going to be reasons children are the ideal soldiers in this situation. Also I noticed some people like playing young characters so I wanted it to be an option.

As for the delinquents, they’re kind of the expendable ones in a sense. I know they’re going to have the rebelling instinct but the government wouldn’t care about their wellbeing and they’d be sent off to fight just like that if they overstepped. I know this may not answer your questions but I’m still working out the mechanics of this rp and will be considering everyone’s thoughts to make this rp enjoyable

ONI ONI but it has many similarities to the military and such even though it is not the schools themselves. And I did not voluntarily join either.

Yeah I didn’t see anyone younger than 14 actually participating in any dangerous situations, more like that being for older children while younger ones simply are at the academy to train until they are old enough and have enough prowess, but young children with the capability are allowed. It’s like that movie The Fifth Wave since there are going to be reasons children are the ideal soldiers in this situation. Also I noticed some people like playing young characters so I wanted it to be an option.

As for the delinquents, they’re kind of the expendable ones in a sense. I know they’re going to have the rebelling instinct but the government wouldn’t care about their wellbeing and they’d be sent off to fight just like that if they overstepped. I know this may not answer your questions but I’m still working out the mechanics of this rp and will be considering everyone’s thoughts to make this rp enjoyable

My points were just my opinion, at the end of the day this is your roleplay and your universe. I only look it at solely how the military would, academies tend to produce officers, people meant to lead and manage. These people, these officers to them are not expendable, personnel in general are not, but officers even more so. A soldier costs a lot money to train, equip, house and maintain. A child's death raises a lot of eyebrows and costs even more money than the death of a consenting adult who is legally considered fully aware and mature enough to agree to/accept the dangers of their career.

ONI ONI but it has many similarities to the military and such even though it is not the schools themselves. And I did not voluntarily join either.
Regardless of its similarities, JROTC, at its core, is a youth corp. I'm aware of the discipline they can instil, I was in the equivalent myself but I know there is a real difference between the two things in question. I wasn't the best kid, but, I was better behaved, more cooperative and willing to learn than the kids who actively treated it like a youth organisation. If you managed to change through that, props to you but there are many who don't and don't want to. If you forced every kid with a criminal history into a very prestigious school that was meant to form the future of leadership out of the top percentage of kids, it would be a tedious and terrible investment. The academy wouldn't be number one if they did that, unless every single person who went there reformed and conformed to become the face of soldiering.

Last edited:
Is dis still accepting? Reminds me of an old RP I did way back when. I wanna go for a teaching role :3
Yeah, this is just an interest check so when I make the actual threads I will tag those interested.

My points were just my opinion, at the end of the day this is your roleplay and your universe. I only look it at solely how the military would, academies tend to produce officers, people meant to lead and manage. These people, these officers to them are not expendable, personnel in general are not, but officers even more so. A soldier costs a lot money to train, equip, house and maintain. A child's death raises a lot of eyebrows and costs even more money than the death of a consenting adult who is legally considered fully aware and mature enough to agree to/accept the dangers of their career.

Regardless of its similarities, JROTC, at its core, is a youth corp. I'm aware of the discipline they can instil, I was in the equivalent myself but I know there is a real difference between the two things in question. I wasn't the best kid, but, I was better behaved, more cooperative and willing to learn than the kids who actively treated it like a youth organisation. If you managed to change through that, props to you but there are many who don't and don't want to. If you forced every kid with a criminal history into a very prestigious school that was meant to form the future of leadership out of the top percentage of kids, it would be a tedious and terrible investment. The academy wouldn't be number one if they did that, unless every single person who went there reformed and conformed to become the face of soldiering.
Gotcha

I’ll try to have all the lore and stuff set up by Friday or Saturday so characters can be made and all that

im interested question though is this like a super power thing or like a special forces thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back