• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GummyWorm

Old Member
Sugar (dndi888) 1.jpg
Artist: Sugar (dndi888)

Legend has it that seven heroic souls once saved this world from annihilation, and ever since they went their separate ways, they were thought to have vanished from the public eye - until now. Something terrible has befallen them... gripped by some unseen presence, they returned not as venerated heroes, but as unrecognizable vessels of death that brought cities to ruin and indiscriminately slew mortals by the hundreds in fits of unparalleled savagery. The kingdoms of this land have put forth an order (and gracious reward) to bring these fallen warriors to justice, or otherwise send them to their graves. All over the continent, adventurers and mercenaries take up arms in pursuit of the hunt, and others - the scholars and researchers - are more keen on uncovering the truth of this corruption, and whether or not it can be reversed. Either way...

Their tale is long over, and now it is time to put them to rest.
Or so goes the story.

---

Hello! This is a low to mid power fantasy RP detailing the events of an adventuring party that has chosen to undertake the mission of taking down seven legendary heroes who have, for some reason, lost their wills to dark forces unknown to them. The setting is largely open-ended but technological advancements are limited (no guns and such, but there are some things akin to magitech). The story will begin on the trail of Elfein of the Sacred Blade, the first of the seven fallen heroes -- and their leader -- in the city of Isoule, a settlement bordering the great forest. It is rumored that she has passed through these woods, evidenced by the spread of corruption to its native life, driving them mad. You are here on a bounty of sorts, maybe for the short-term, maybe for the long-term. Regardless, there is no escaping the fate that awaits you, should you tread this doomed path...

[ Cyrel ] God of the Crown: A deity that values order, discipline, and the hierarchy. As the judge of kings, disrespecting a superior is sacrilege.
[ Venaht ] Goddess of War: A deity that venerates the glory of battle and strong wills. As the icon of battle, deserting your peers or refusing a duel is sacrilege.
[ Mian ] Goddess of the Harvest: A deity that nurtures the land and those who live within it. As the herald of cycles, wasting food and hunted game is sacrilege.
[ Rasheed ] God of the Arcane: A deity that seeks to push the power and ingenuity of the mortal soul to its limits. As the seeker of knowledge, lies are sacrilege.

---

Character Sheets Here

Last edited:
Hmm... is there anymore in terms of the world and how it is or generally how magic works or what not? What races there are in the world? Mostly stuff to get a feel about how things function in order to build a character. I notice the character sheets do lack a Background section though still its good to have some kind of idea establishing things of which a character can latch onto like a past that might motivate them to act (aka as an example what if they are related to one of the fallen heroes? Perhaps they have some link to an order of which one of them came from? Or just unrelated information linked to the world giving them a connection outside just 'random adventurers).

Some background on the dark force is good though that one is probably more of a ??? to be fair given how the story is it doesn't seem very normal so I assume its something completely new though still it could be good to give snip its about what little is known like what the fallen heroes have been doing exactly (basically are they just attacking people and doing bad acts or is it more organized and thought out? Are they on their own devices or seem to be working possibly towards some kind of goal, granted that also can be unknown at this point)

I legit forgot to add bio to the cs skeleton lmao thanks for pointing that out

As I brought up earlier, the setting is fairly open-ended so most races you can think of are generally open for use (this is somewhat relevant to the story), within reason of course since there are general power limitations and whatnot. The covenant section of the CS page gives a little bit of insight into what might be happening, but as far as the narrative goes people will find that the attacks are ofen mixed between being random and organized.

Alright, so I'm assuming like its pretty much just a big open world so there isn't some like big empire or anything and most places are just their independent kind of place or is there like small kingdom broken up along the area with their own political workings and the like?

Is there some established group putting together this group of adventurers or is it more just a vague call to action without real organized structure behind it where its more happenstance that the group comes together for the job (granted I'd assume at least some effort would lead them into the same general area)?

Also given the heroes saved the world, is there a little more on the calamity they stopped? I'm figuring its a big enough deal they would be prominent and the disaster blatent enough that people who of experienced it or at least know what it was about which might also lead to some investment from people to want to stop the seven heroes or perhaps have a motive to figure out what is going on.

I was going to flesh out more of this stuff IC but I can put some details out there for the time being

There is no big empire (or at least no big singular empire), and there are definitely smaller kingdoms alongside them

There are established groups putting adventurers together but you are not starting in one of them, they will become more prominent later on so for now your characters will be seeing it as a more vague call to action until these encounters.

As for the calamity - one of the gods (currently unlisted) was banished to the physical plane and became mortal, and was forced to live this mortal life for a thousand years. Before the thousand years were up, they had planned out their revenge for centuries and unsealed an ancient evil with the intent of using it as a weapon against the gods. A team of seven heroes worked together and vanquished it before it fully came to fruition, and then they parted ways following their journey. After that... well, something mysterious has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back