• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Dead End: Zombie Apocalypse Rp

Nia nodded to Charlotte decision and proceeded into the supermarket. She chose the isle with the cans, seeing as they were likely to be the most nutritious thing they could still consume. Footsteps sounded from the other side of the store, making a chill creep up her spine, but it was like Charlotte said: if they ran now they might starve. Maybe dying all at once from a zombie attack was better then slowly wasting away. If Nia was gonna die, she wanted to die with a can of spam in her hand. 

"I think I found something." Nia said quietly. The aisles were trashed, but Nia dropped to a crouch and reached to the back of a shelf and pulled out two cans of black beans. "That's what I'm talking about." She swung her bakpack off of her back and tucked them inside, then stood and continued looking. She thought she heard voices from the entrance of the supermarket, but couldn't be sure, so she didn't try to go look. Food. They were getting food right now. She cast a wary glance towards Charlotte.

Charlotte desperately searched the isles for food. She had never moved so fast in her life, and, frankly, she wasn't being quiet about it either. She was knocking non-food items on the floor, trying to see as much as she could as fast as she could. She only found a few things. One was a single serving small package of Doritos. Not the most nutritious thing, but it would fill up a stomach if someone where truly starving. Along with that she found a can of corn. She cursed, wishing somewhere there would be more. She continued to search frantically. She spotted an office room. The door knob was rotted, and the floor was wet underneath it. There must have been a leak in the sealing. She stared at it a moment before raising her steel handle above her head and coming down on the handle. It loosened, but not enough to pull off. She did it again, two, three times before it fell off entirely. She kicked the door open and rustled through the drawers of a desk. 

Nothing. 

She wen't through the file cabinet, but, of course, there was only files. She didn't have much time left, and she finally opened a closet. 

Jackpot 

She called out to Nia, trying to grab the Military rations she had just found. There was 5, which wasn't much, but they were calorie rich and potentially the best thing they could have found for their situation. Her heart beat out of her chest, and the noises outside where getting louder, but they needed this.  

"Wait up Dallas" Tonks said as he was sprinting after him. Tonks was furiously getting tired as he didn't like to rush into situations without a plan. The supermarket was in view and the thought of the girls in there scared him, a lot.

Albert  and the rest of the group made it to the supermarket doors and without hesitation Albert readied his shotgun and went inside. By the time they made it to the store it began to rain and the storm clouds above have blocked out the sun making the already dark store much darker along with the sound of rain hitting the pavement from the outside, the exposed floors of the market, and the occasional boom of thunder. Albert did not know what the others were going to do, but he just wanted to find the people they were looking for and leave. Being cautious Albert walked slowly through the aisles. As Albert walked his feet came into contact with bullet casings and empty bottles and cans. Hard to believe this place once had all sorts of people coming and going. Now it's nothing, but a graveyard of memories, bullet shells, and corpses.    

Seeing the vandalism and the long dead corpses Albert felt a feeling of sadness as he walked further down the aisles. Back before the apocalypse Albert came to this market often to get groceries and to see his girlfriend. He remembered they day everything happened and how everything went to hell. The first thing he did when he heard the news was come here to see if she was all right. As Albert was remembering better days he heard a voice calling out to someone named Nia and quickly recollected his thoughts. The voice came from a room a few aisles down. Thinking these were the two they were looking for Albert started making his way towards the room with his shotgun ready. "Hello? Dallas's friends?" Albert asked hoping they won't shoot him.       

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas rushed through the door along with the others. He raised his gun, but didn't spot any zombies at the moment. Lowering his gun, he started scanning the store for Nia and Charlotte.

"Charlotte!" he called out, not caring if the noise attracted zombies or anyone else nearby.

He started walking through the aisles of the store, searching for the two others.

"DALLAS STOP" Tonks yelled. Tonks walked into the store and grabbed Dallas. "Now listen Dallas, we need a plan, okay what if this is a trap, what is their are tons of zombies in here, is there is something else in here, you have our spot away"

Dallas glared at Tonks.

"Well I've already given it away then," he snapped. "And look, we're not fucking dead."

He scanned the store again, searching for the others, then turned back to Tonks.

"We don't have time for a plan, they could be dead by the time we get one. I don't care if there are zombies or anything else in there, if there are then they can kill me instead of Nia and Charlotte."

Maddie saw the group of survivors come in from the shelf she was on. She hopped off and landed not so quietly, accidentally knocking into some empty cans. She tiptoed to another aisle, hoping she wouldn't be noticed.

Dallas spun around at the sound of the cams getting knocked over. He carefully started heading towards where Maddie was, careful not to get caught in any traps. He hoped that the sound came from one of the others in the group.

Nia grumbled under her breath when Charlotte started making more noise, but she figured they were already in a deep pile of crap, so they might as well make it out with something of substance, right? That or die. But Nia wasn't dying today. 

She rushed into the room at her friend's call, machete lifted high, and saw Charlotte tugging on...food! Nia helped her, then froze at the call of voices. She heard Dallas but also others, and distrust hit her like a punch in the stomach. She swallowed hard and stepped to the doorway, peeking her head out. She saw a strange man with a gun, and what looked to be Dallas slipping around the corner. 

"Stop right there!" She yelled at the stranger who was Albert. "I...I have a gun and I'll shoot you. Don't come any closer. Let my friends go." You never knew who was kidnapping who in this world. 

"What the hell was that". Tonks looked over the pile of cans which Dallas was headed into, tonks was about to follow him when he saw nia come out with a gun and Albert with a gun. "Albert stop put your gun down, and nia he's with us" Tonks said rushing over to Nia and hugged her. 

Dallas ignored the situation behind him, trusting that Tonks had it under control. He continued down the aisle where the cans had fallen, then turned onto the one where Maddie was. As he saw her he raised his gun.

"Who are you?" he asked her.

Well she didn't really have a gun. She was bluffing to scare the "bad guys" away. It seemed they were fine, or so Tonks proved when he rushed into her and gave her a hug like a friendly puppy dog. Nia was stunned into not responding, but when she came to she gave him a pat and maneuvered herself out of the hold. It was too...friendly. She didn't want to get close to anyone. She never knew who was dying next. 

"You guys brought company?" She asked with zero enthusiasm, looking over her shoulder at Charlotte warily. 

(sorry) "well Nia, you know us, we'll always help people in need, even if it involves putting ourselves at risk, but yes, these are our friends and they haven't killed me or dallas so their friendly, wait i haven't heard from Dallas". Tonks looked back at the isle Dallas was in and his face turned white, "dallas, you there?", "Everyone stay here, Nia you come with me" Tonks said as he walked towards the isle Dallas was in.

Charlotte stood behind Nia in the doorway, letting her be Charlotte's shield. "What the hell?" Charlotte said under her breath. They had new people with them. She had just gotten used to their situation now, and not only that but they would need even more food ontop of what they already got. Clothes too. Pretty much everything. 

When Tonks and Nia walked away, Charlotte was left to deal with everyone else by herself. "I can't believe they left me alone with this stranger," she thought. She held her hand tighter around her steel handle, knowing it was no match for the mans gun. 

Dallas turned to look at Tonks and Nia when they walked over, still pointing the gun towards Maddie.

"I'm fine," he said. "You can go back and get out of the supermarket, I'll be out when I'm done here," he turned back to Maddie. "There's traps in here," he said. "They're dangerous, not something you wanna get caught in from what I heard. You'd better get out of here if you wanna survive."

As he spoke he kept his gun aimed at her head, he didn't know who she was or if he could trust her yet.

Mari crept in hiding behind a shelf but she hit a can and it fell making a thud on the ground

Maddie froze in place when she saw Dallas holding a gun and pointing it toward her. "Well then... guess I should've stayed on the shelf." She chuckled to herself.

Dallas glanced around the store. There weren't any zombies in sight, but out the back window he spotted a couple. More could be coming soon.

"We've gotta get out of here," he said to his group and to Maddie. "We don't got much more time before more of the dead get here, not with the noise we've been making."

He lowered his gun slightly, but kept it ready in case Maddie tried anything.

Albert watched as the two left towards the other end of the supermarket and when they were out of sight he looked back to see Charlotte. After a few more moments of silence Albert sat on a nearby box and laid his weapon beside him. "So....How are you doing?" Albert asked her. Sadly he did not get much of a reaction from her and looked outside. The rain was coming down even harder now. A minute passes and Albert decided to continue. "Look. I know that you're probably skeptical about me and all, but I'm not goanna start any trouble with your group." Albert said. Hoping she would respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlotte pursed her lips, reluctant to respond to him. She was relieved that he had sat down, though, but she didn't let herself let her guard down. His gun was still a threat. 

She frowned at what he said. "You should know as well at the rest of us you can't just take peoples words as truth," she said quietly. "How do I know that you don't have some ulterior motive? Or that, if you do stay with us, you won't get mad at us one day and just go ballistic with your gun," she said, her voice quivering a bit. "How did you even survive by yourself? How do we know you don't have people looking for you? ....We don't have a lot. We are just trying to get by..." 

"Well it's good you don't take peoples words as truth. I myself have trust issues, so I don't blame you for thinking that way. You may not believe me, but I'm telling the truth when I say I'm not a bandit.  If things don't work ok out I'll leave simple as that." Albert told her in his usual calm tone. He tried his best to be non-threatening since he could tell that the girl was scared. He heard her voice quiver during the questions and any sudden movements could really be bad for him. "As for the survival thing." He was going to tell her that he was in a group, but decided against it. Remembering them brings back painful memories. "......I guess luck has been on my side. I did piss off some bandits by taking some stuff and killing a few of them, but that was a few months ago and a few miles from here. I'm pretty sure they either forgot about me or are dead by now. Hopefully dead." Albert said with a hint of hatred especially at the last part. When he was finished he looked back outside to the rainstorm waiting for her response.  

Charlotte listened to him, still nervous. She didn't know if she could trust him. She wasn't sure if her group did, either, although they seemed not to mind him. 

"A few months ago?" she said, biting her lip. "I guess...that's alright. They probably don't care anymore, at least," she said, trying to convince herself it was true. "And we could use your gun, I suppose. Having another person with a gun could be really good." She still wasn't sure about him, but she didn't seem to have a choice. She could talk to the rest of the group later, but it seemed he was with them for now. "I suppose..." she said. 

"I'm going to go find the rest," she said, grabbing the military rations. They were full in her arms, but she wasn't about to let Albert carry any. Not let, atleast. She hurried off the other isle, to find Dallas saying they should get going. "Will someone hold some of these?" she asked, trying to hold on to them aswell as her steel handle. "Please?" 

Dallas turned at the sound of Charlotte's voice and saw her holding all the supplies. He backed away from Maddie and stood beside her, then cautiously put his gun away.

"I'll take them," he said, holding some of them for her.

His eyes moved suspiciously back to Maddie, but she didn't seem to be trying anything so he kept his gun away. He just didn't want Charlotte with her when he didn't have any weapons.

"Come on," he said. "Let's go." He turned to Maddie. "I suggest you leave too. You can come with us for the time being if you don't have a group. If you do decide to come, don't expect that we'll share any food with you or shelter, we have enough people as it is."

Maddie smirked at Dallas. "I have my own food, so I got that covered. I guess I'll tag along with you guys for now... but I make no guarantees that I'll help you guys out in a sticky situation... pretty sure you would do the same."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back