• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Dead End: Zombie Apocalypse Rp

bloodLove

The end has come and the world we know is falling apart.

Plot: The world has been destroyed by the zombie apocalypse. The story will follow a group of survivors fighting for their lives and searching for a safe place to stay.

Setting: North Carolina

Your character can be part of the original group or someone they come across later. The zombies must die fully before turning and it can take a few minutes to an hour for them to turn. After they turn there is no trace of who they were before, only instinct. Most of the world has been taken over. The government is gone, Internet is down, and there's no electricity. The group is currently in a house that hasn't been found yet.

Read the rules before joining.

Anyone is welcome to join.

Links to character sheet, OOC chat, and rules: 

https://www.rpnation.com/topic/262116-dead-end-zombie-rp-rules/

https://www.rpnation.com/topic/262117-dead-end-zombie-rp-ooc/

https://www.rpnation.com/topic/262115-dead-end-zombie-rp-characters/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested if you still need someone :D

I only started on this website yesterday, but i've RP'd on other websites, I just don't know how this one works yet, so if you don't want to deal with someone who is going to probably make some mistakes or ask stupid questions I totally get it :)

That's fine! I'll help you out if you need it, I'd love for you to join. You can just fill out the character sheet in the link in the description.

Ok, do you wanna go ahead and start? I was thinking they could be staying in a house right now, anyone who isn't on right now can come in whenever.

The group was staying in an abandoned house for the time being. They had been outside before, but when autumn came they started staying inside. It was chilly outside and they had needed shelter. Dallas was getting the only rest he'd gotten for a long time and was sitting on the couch.

Charlotte paced back and forth, twisting her fingers. This was the first safe shelter they'd found in a long time but she couldn't calm down enough to sit. She had been awake for the last 3 days. Her eyes hurt, her muscles were tired, and she was always hungry. Not that that ever changed, it never seemed like there was enough food. Even when they did eat, all she could think about was how they were going to get more food. And that wasn't even the worst part. Most water sources they had found were polluted, and running water didn't work. She dreaded going outside, but it was usually a common necessity. They didn't have enough materials to stay holed up for a long time. She looked over at Dallas. He looked awful, but everyone pretty much looked awful all the time. At least he could sit, that was something to be jealous of. 

"How can you just sit there?" she asked. It sounded a bit desperate, but in a way she was. "Who knows when they'll get us. They're going to get us,'" she said, but the last part more quiet, to herself. 

Dallas remained there, his face remaining emitionless. He was exhausted and just wanted to rest, but felt bad for the clearly upset girl pacing through the room. She looked just as tired as he felt, and surely looked, and he wished she could stand to sit too. He had spent the past few days never letting his guard down and thinking death was just around the corner, but he just didn't care anymore.

"It's not worth it anymore to stay up all the time," he replied. "I'd rather die a peaceful death than die out there. And anyway, it's bad for you to stay awake all the time. You should get some rest too."

Charlotte nodded "I know. I just can't help it." She sat on the couch next to Dallas, but she only lasted a few moments before she was twisting her fingers again. "I don't know how we are going to do this," she said, trying to take deep breaths. "They are out there. They're all over the place, you saw them!" She was starting to hyperventilate. She stopped talking for a few moments, catching her breath. She sat on the couch for a few moments longer before standing up again. "What are we going to do, Dallas? We have one can of black beans left, and one bottle of water for each of us. That's not enough to survive!" she began pacing back and forth again. She dropped to the floor after a few minutes, sitting with her head on her knees. "This sucks. This sucks so much."

A slight look of concern crossed over his face before quickly vanishing. He stood up and sat beside her, keeping a slight distance between the two of them. 

"We'll be alright," he said, attempting to comfort her. "I know this whole thing is shit, but we've gotta just figure it out," he looked down at the floor, trying to find the right words. He had never been good at this. "Let's try to find some food soon," he suggested. "We'll look for drinks too, anything we can find. Would that make you feel better? But I swear, nothing's gonna happen to you, you'll be alright."

Perhaps it was the slight dripping of the slick oil that brought Gavin to a full wake. Perhaps it was something else. Crawling off of the bare mattress, he stood to his full height and looked around the empty room. It was an attic for an old garage, evident by plywood flooring and the musty smell of sawdust. He'd pull open a well-oiled trapdoor, taking slow steps down the staircase. The dripping was rhythmic and coming from the auto pit. The '88 Crown Vic was an old beast; no doubt the leak was coming from there. Lowering himself onto a trolley inches from the ground, he wheeled under without tools. The squealing of the wheels was highlighted across the grey, stony floor as a drip of oil marked his stubbled face. Moving his head aside, Gavin gripped the dripping segment of the vehicle's undercarriage and realigned it. Wheeling back out, he stood once more and kicked it aside. Oil was a precious commodity that couldn't be spared. The rains from days gone have stilled into the gutters and matriculated into a plastic bucket outside the garage door. Lifting the wooden structure up, he pulled the bucket back inside before shutting the door. It was nearly full, perhaps a gallon or two. Gavin pulled the grey backpack off of him, pulling aside a zipper before pulling out a lighter. He would've had a smoke if there was any. Not that he was an addict. Just needed a release.

The basement of the mentioned garage was where Gavin spent most of his energy. Since there wasn't any windows or areas that was exposed to the outdoors, he could light a candle at night and read. It served as his main room of work as well, with a cast iron pot supported by metal stakes hanging over an empty fire pit. It was this cauldron that Gavin poured the bucket into, water swirling around the black interior before settling. Perhaps rainwater was safe. But he wasn't a risk-taker. Lighting the bundle of kindling underneath the pot, he slowly added chunks of wood gathered throughout the day before. His life was a routine of scavenging, building, and farming a small box of soil outside the upstairs window. Hardly enough to go by, so canning what he can is preferable. Rationing and seeking other nourishment sources was the way to go. A wooden barrel sat in the corner as well, the inside holding a deer skin. It was soaked in tannin, drying the hide out for future use. The meat was in the process of being smoked by a concealed fire, which was larger and required much more fuel. Pipes ran out into the sky, releasing a small bit of smoke. The undead weren't smart enough to figure out he was there. It wasn't the best way to live, but it was enough for him. The meat would take another day before he could salt it for the long winter ahead. He was going to drag his mattress down here and gather logs. The wood was his primary concern. Gavin weaponized tools he was raised around; wrenches, hammers and such. But a good ax wasn't available to him. He'd have to get creative if he wanted to survive this winter. The faint sound of steam being created reached his ears as he stared at the bubbling slew.

"Charlotte calm down, it'll be alright, i know we'll find food and i know that everything will turn out alright" Tonks said optimistically. Tonks looked over to the winter, he knew it would be harsh this year, the worst its ever been. "why don't we rest for a little and have a small group go scavenge for food and water, that way we can all do something to help the group out". Tonks was so tired, the last few days they had been running and running and running. Tonks looked over at his jacket, it was light, and it wouldn't be able to keep him warm much longer. Tonks then says "or we can have one group scavenge for food and one group  scavenge for coats and blankets?"

Dallas stood and moved back to the couch. He stared out the window at the trees swaying in the cold wind. He knew they would need something to keep then warm, and they needed it fast.

"I'm with Tonks," he said. "Just a roof over our heads ain't gonna keep us warm when it starts snowing, not now that the electricity's off. We should get stuff to keep warm and get food too. But for now we can rest, we have enough to last us a little longer."

Nia wasn't the type to pace nervously, nor did she enjoy sitting on a couch. When the going got tough, she got up and got going. That's why she wasn't in the abandoned house with everyone else. Nope, she was down the street armed with a machete and a big kitchen knife, creeping through another house's pantry. Her little solo adventure had been mostly uneventful, with only one dead person encounter. Said dead person was now more dead, his head cut from his body and smashed in the middle of the road, a footprint left in his brains. Nia didn't play. 

"Jackpot, sucka." Nia whispered with a grin, shoving what she'd found into her pocket. She was willing to go out on her own, but she wasn't willing to take huge risks. She found something, be it small, and returned to the group, slipping in through the back window since the front door was barred. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I come bearing gifts!" Her words were likely news to them, seeing as she hadn't announced that she was leaving. Call her reckless. Nia smiled as her eyes swept the three others and their fatalistic expressions. "Look!" She plunged her hands into her far-too-thin jacket and withdrew five (probably stale) Little Debbie Zebra Cakes. Hey, at least they were still packaged. 

"One for you, one for you, one for you..." she spoke as she stepped forward, handing each person a sugary treat that wouldn't sustain them but would hopefully brighten their days. "One for me...annnnnnnd I'll save this last one for...a rainy day." She shrugged, stuffing it back into her pocket before ripping away wrapper. She lifted her gaze to Dallas then Tonk, with a glance towards the ever-nervous Charlotte. "Did...you guys come up with a plan or something?" 

The crass and merciless heat of the pot was wavered by the mitts Gavin wore as he placed the cauldron of water onto the stone floor. It was quite heavy. The water would last him a slight bit, until the snow came. That could be processed like the rain. The meat will keep him going given that his solitary life allowed for proper rationing. It seemed as though Gavin had his winter covered. But there was much to to. Find an ax, gather logs for the upcoming winter, and can the meats. He was running out of salt as well. Perhaps the Carolina shores would be a good source. He could desalinate and harvest the white grain. But that was a several day hike. By the time he made it home, his water supply could freeze over or his home would be raided. The smokehouse, luckily, worked as another preservative in lean times. But it ate up wood like a hungry beast. What was his agenda today? He didn't need to hunt nor did he want to. Plodding around and making noise was never good. He tried to avoid it if he could. The fauna have become insensitive to him over the past few months. After all, the dead don't bother with them, and he hardly intruded on their peace. Nature was reclaiming its land.

Gavin threaded a thin string of steel wool through a wooden notch at the end of a recurved longbow. His handiwork was rugged and makeshift, but the wood was strong and straight. The bow wasn't powerful like a crossbow or a compound archery tool, but it was good enough to hunt with. The pacers that trampled around outside were soft with decay, so the arrows could pierce a skull well enough. He only had a dozen plus a half to work with, so he relied on the monkey wrench shoved into his belt. A hammer may have been a more powerful punch, but the short range scared him. To be frank, the dead horrified him. All it took was one mistake and he'd be dead. Sharp objects were likely the way to go, but he lacked any decent ones. A Rambo knife was no good. He planned on walking uphill, and into town. A firehouse was somewhere in there. A fireax would be sufficient to cut down a tree and split logs. Too bad no carpenters were in town. Their tools would've helped. No matter, Gavin was rugged enough for this. Sliding under the doorway with a crouch, he began his trek upward to the silent and empty districts of homes ahead.

Dallas eyed Nia suspiciously.

"You didn't tell us you were going anywhere," he muttered. "Where were you? Where did you get all this?"

He started chewing his nails, a habit of his, and his gaze moved to the wooden floor. He knew that he was guilty of not telling the group anything, but he was also guilty of blaming others. Still, he was grateful that she had helped them out. Even if the food wasn't nutritious in the slightest, it was energising and something to fill everyone's stomaches.

"Thanks," he said after a pause, so quiet that it was nearly inaudible. "We decided we need to get food and blankets soon. It's getting cold and we're gonna need to stay warm."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back