• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DC Universe RP

Crane clutched his scythe, which had been sharpened to a fine point. He hadn't need to use it tonight, but he wouldn't mind watching the blood run from this costumed hero.
"You need to count your stars and return home, little girl." He replied in a disorted voice, swinging the scythe meanicingly, "While you still can."
Right now the woman was still unconcious, and was not a factor for Crane to think about right now. All he had to worry about was what he wanted to do with this little brat.

Renee laughed, almost howling. "No, no. I don't need those. " She shook her head like a wet dog, and her body started to release a black dust, it was almost shadow like. But once the dust vanished (no ill side-effects to Shayera's furniture) stood a leopard-woman. Or rather, one of Renee's three forms.

"Dig it? Picked it up on some planet. I love it more than my human form." Renee would've twirled, had it not been for the leg, but she had a beautiful coat and still the same sea-blue eyes. "This way, I'll be warm." Magic was strange and forgein to Thanagarians. Had Katar seen this he would've had to pick his jaw off from the floor!

Watching the man getting up and turning to her, she narrowed her eyes on the masked figure. As expected, he didn't just back down and run off, as pleasant and easy that would make her job right now. But all villains were the same in the fact they had guts of steel and confidence to match it. She sighed a bit, putting a hand on her hip "As comfortable as going home sounds right now, I think I like the idea of seeing you cuffed and behind bars much more" she responded, watching the scythe carefully, though, wasn't all that worried about it. So long as she kept an eye on it and him, he couldn't touch her.

She glanced to the woman on the ground once more, trying to verify if she was alright, and she did seem to be, for now. "What were your intentions with that woman? To kill her?" she asked skeptically, trying to figure out what he had been trying to do with her before she had arrived. Murder? Rape? Kidnapping? She figured it was along the lines of murder, since he had such a violent weapon with him. "Maybe if you behave and cooperate, I'll let you off with a strong warning tonight."

~

Shayera was confused when she started laughing, and the thanagarian tilted her head in slight confusion as she looked to the woman, wondering what she found so funny. When she started to shake her head and a mist form surrounded her body, clouding her in the dark matter, Shayera's eyes widened a bit in surprise, and, not knowing what it was or meant exactly, took a cautious step back "Renee?" she asked confused, and even perhaps a bit concerned at the unfamiliarity of what was going on.

When the mist like dust disappeared, and a new figure stood before her, Shayera just stood wide-eyed, like a deer in headlights as she stared at the leopard formed figure, who was Renee, standing before her. "you....picked it up on some planet?" she repeated her words in confusion, not understanding what that mean "Can you change into any form of species?" she asked curiously.

"What I do isn't none of your buisness, little girl. Why don't you come down here and see what I have in store for you?" He cackled. He swung his scythe around, noting that she was focused on it.

That's right. Keep watching it. That's not the thing you need to worry about. He thought sinisterly. She didn't seem to know who he was, which was to his advantage. Had he been fighting the Bat tonight, there was no doubt he'd try to turn tail and run.

In the back pocket of his belt he had a general fear-toxin in a spray can. It'd cover 5 square feet, which was perfect for close combat. All he had to do was get close to this hero to give her the fright of her life.

"Yes. I can. But, it's not without it's downside." She explained, rubbing her feline nose. "I can't make a new form. It's a copy of someone. The human form and this form are copies of someone walking around somewhere." She held out two of her cat-fingers (?), "It makes me really ill. I coughed up blood when I first changed into my human form. " Three digits in the air now. "Transformation is super fast, but it's still breaking and reforming bone. So everytime I change it hurts like you can't believe."

Despite being quite considerable downsides, she had quite the advantage. It was strong magic, nad it allowed her to adapt and survive on numerous planets. The leopard regarded Shayera. "I'm ready to go whenever you are. "

Lillian glared when he didn't back down at all and further challenged that what he did wasn't her business. "On the contrary, it is my business. You're in my neighborhood and that makes it my business" she sneered at him in irritation now. She got the impression that this man wasn't an ordinary small time criminal, so she knew she'd have to be particularly careful.

Watching the scythe, she ran at him. While it wasn't inhuman speed speed or anything, she was still incredibly fast. Charging at the figure, she first focused on getting him away from his victim, not wanting the unconscious woman to get hurt in the crossfire of the fight that was about to ensue. She kicked the man back, knocking him into the wall and distancing him from the woman, all the while watching his every move, evading any attacks he may throw.

~

She listened to the feline formed Renee as she explained how she was able to take the form and what it allowed her to do, as well as some side effects that came along with it. Shayera was still a bit stunned in her place where she stood as she was still processing this incredible ability. Being from Thanagar, she wasn't entirely familiar with magic. She traveled to other worlds before, and of course knew what magic was, but the concept of it was still pretty crazy to her, in an incredible sort of way.

Distracted from her shock and thoughts when she spoke of being ready to go when she was, she snapped out of her thoughts, shaking them from her head, before nodding a bit "Right, sorry" she apologized before motioning to head outside with her "I just don't see something like that every day" she explained before outstretching her hand to Renee for her to hold on to and once confirming she was ready, Shayera flew up into the air, her wings expanding wide as they cut through the air.

Crane swung his scythe but he missed his target, and in return he was kicked back against the wall. His body shook as he landed against the brick behind him, giving a grunt.
While smart, he wasn't the most athletic. But that was okay. He got back on his feet, twirling his scythe around dangerously as he stared at Halo.

"Come on, I haven't got all day little girl." Came his obnoxious taunting.
She gave a wry smile. "You've been hanging with the wrong crowd then, magic's pretty fun." She replied knowingly. She was glad she thought her words out because she almost added the word "baby" at the end.
She crawled into Shayera's arms, being carried bridal style as Shayera extended them into the air.
Renee's tail flickered as she looked down, admiring the sight. Like magic to Shayera, she didn't get to fly often. She was used to running.

"The city is gorgeous. No wonder you roosted here." Alright, enough with the bird puns, they aren't that funny. She thought to herself, but she found them funny regardless.

Looking to him Holo just smirked a bit when he further taunted her, despite so far being on the losing end of the fight with her knocking him back. "Are you sure you're not having second thoughts about your position right now?" she challenged, though it seemed he wasn't willing to back down and was more than confident enough to take her on still. She wondered if he was knew to the area or something, most criminals were at least aware of who Holo was. It didn't bother her though, regardless, she planned to beat him.

When he had swung his scythe at her, she didn't bother dodging it, which she noticed the criminal seemed confident that he was about to hit her. Instead of bothering to dodge though, she used her abilities and while her body still looked entirely there without disappearing or moving, the scythe passed right through her body, and she took his moment of either confusion or surprise, whatever it was, and knocked him back into the wall again with a hard slam.

~

"Magic is pretty foreign on my home planet, so it's rather impressive to actually see it. It's like...I know that it exists, yet because of my unfamiliarity with it my head doesn't quite realize it actually exists. Until seeing it like now, of course." she explained, before making sure Renee was ready and taking her hand, and pulling her up into her arms as she leapt into the sky as her wings snapped out in expansion.

As she headed in the direction of central Texas towards Renee's home, she heard her pun, and couldn't help but giggle a bit. It was such a bad pun...but yet perhaps that's why it was funny. Smiling a bit to herself, she started up further conversation with Renee "I do enjoy it here, and it is gorgeous I agree, though I still think I would prefer to be back home." she commented, before turning the conversation to Renee "How long have you lived on Earth?"

He had been caught off guard. Scowling angrily, he glared at her. When she moved closer to him though, he smiled. "Enjoy."
There was a soft click behind him as the canister exploded. All around the area Holo and Crane occupied would be engulfed with toxic fear gas. It wouldn't kill her, but she'd see her worst nightmares before her very eyes.
"Try playing your tricks on me now." Crane jeered scornfully, slowly returning to his feet. It was alittle harder each time to get back up, he found.

Renee eventually yawned, laying her head on Shayera's shoulders as she watched the scene below them. "A few years, at this point. I can't remember what my homeland smells like anymore, it's been so long. " She eplained, she didn't sound like she missed her homeworld, but rather, she sounded like she was just stating facts.

"What about you? What did your world smell like?" She asked, being some sort of canid creature smells were important to her.

Seeing as talking to him to try and get him to give up wasn't really getting anywhere, Holo had given up with trying to be nice with him. Clearly he wasn't about to give in any time soon, and he was the type that she would just have to force down. So be it, then, she figured. As she had attacked him again, she pulled her arm back with a fist, about to punch him in the head in attempts to knock him out, but before she could do that, a click echoed through her ears, and a smoky toxin exploded around them.

Her eyes widened, and she quickly made her entire body 'holographic' where nothing could touch her, in case whatever this was, was a sort of bomb or something. That was what she first thought when she heard the click. But even though nothing could physically touch her, breathing was different, and therefore she still inhaled the toxins despite attempting to cover her mouth and nose, it was already too late as her vision started to distort and change. She coughed as she inhaled the toxin, covering her mouth as her eyes widened in fear as her eyes and brain started to deceive her as the toxins immediately took effect. "Wh-what is this?!" she gasped out in a panicked fear, her heart racing in her chest as nightmarish visions from her childhood, from the events that lead to her abilities appeared before her.

~

Noticing Renee yawning and seeming to grow tired, Shayera smiled a bit down at the woman, letting her get comfortable in her arms. It was a bit of a flight anyways. When she was asked what her home world smelled like though, she was a bit caught off guard by the question, not really knowing how to answer. "How it smells?" she repeated the question curiously in thought "I'm not really sure...I never thought about it in that sense much..." she commented in thought.

Glancing back down at Renee, she gave a soft smile "Why don't you go ahead and get some sleep? Just tell me your address so that I can get you there if you're sleeping when we arrive" she explained, not minding if the woman slept in her arms. She'd had a long day, and an injury to add to her exhaustion, it only made sense that Renee might feel so tired and need some rest. They still had a little bit of the flight left to go before they arrived anyways.

"You like it?" Crane asked. "I made it. It's a special fear toxin." He moved around, manuvering around the hero to try and find the woman he had knocked out before.
"Tell me, what are you seeing? Spiders? Zombies? That's what most people see. But you're not like most people, are you?"
Finding his prey he took his scythe, going back to find Holo, swiping at what he thought was her back. While she was under the toxin's effects he needed to take her down. He couldn't win in a fair fight.

Renee gave a loud yawn before she nodded. "Yeah, it's Cherrygrove Street, in Kaneda,. the only house with the shed with holes in the roof." How she knew that, she didn't explain. Whenever Shayera did actually arrive there, with Renee fast asleep, she'd find the address lead to a worn down house with an equally worndown shed.
By this point Renee had her head pressed against Shayera's neck, snoring lightly as she mumbled now and then in her sleep. She spoke mostly about food, wanting steaks, lettuce, and oddly enough watermelon popcicles.

Renee seemed to stir right on time, lifting her head away from her transportation's neck.
"Mrr?" She blinked, looking down at the ground below them. "By the shed. That's where I'm set up in." She yawned.

Holo was struggling to grasp what was reality and what wasn't in front of her eyes. Everything was distorted, and whenever she opened her eyes, she couldn't see anything but nightmarish images. She struggling to grasp her sanity, clutching at her head as her body spun with fear. She couldn't really see the real images of what was before her in reality, everything blurred or distorted by an image created by her brain and fear. So despite her best attempts to clear herself away from the images, she tripped and stumbled.

She was vaguely aware of where the criminal she had been fighting was, but even he was distorted as something else too, and she couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. She ignored his taunting questions, asking her what she was seeing, and focused on trying to get a hold of herself. Knowing she couldn't fight like this, she tried to at least get away, but ended up crashing through a broken down door of an abandoned building in the alley they were in, stumbling to the ground and clutching her head as she trembled in fear. And despite her best efforts, she couldn't really keep up with her abilities either, leaving her vulnerable.

~

Shayera listened to Renee list of where she currently lived. As she flew in the direction that she was provided with, she was curious about her explanation of where she resided. It didn't sound pleasant or too comfortable, though, Shayera wasn't one to judge. If anything was more concerned, since the way Renee spoke of the place she was staying at, it didn't seem to be one of her own really. Regardless, she carried Renee in the direction of where she listened, and eventually, had arrived at the shed with holes in the ceiling - it was easy to spot one flying above the street it was on.

As she lowered towards the ground, her wings gliding her down as her feet gently touched the ground as she landed, she looked down at Renee as she felt her body stirring in her arms, and her voice signaling that she had woken up, as if on cue with the landing that they had arrived. "...Where exactly do you...sleep? I'll set you down there, so you don't have to worry about your leg."

He kicked her, sending her tumbling down to the ground. Since this was a new batch, he wasn't quite sure how long it'd last. But, he planned to take advantage while he could.
"It'd be just so much easier if you gave up, little girl. Aren't you tired? " He asked, taking the blunt end of his scythe and jabbing it towards her stomach.

Renee shifted slightly. "In the shed. It's not that bad." She had been living on the couch but she got tired of people walking in and out all hours of the night, so she moved out to the shed.
Inside, there was a small generator powering a fridge, lamp, and fan. All of tat was turned off though. The roof, which had holes leaked onto the floor and bed, to which Renee's solution was to put buckets everywhere. Otherwise, it was pitifully cozy. Renee thought it was better than living in barracks, so she had no complaints.

Lillian gasped out as he kicked her, wincing in pain as she stumbled to the ground. She grit her teeth as her palms pushed against the floor, trying to pull herself back up. She needed to get away. She couldn't fight in this condition. But her thoughts also went to the woman that she'd been trying to save. She couldn't just give up and let the man do whatever he had been planning on with her.

Before she was able to get up, she felt a rough jab to her stomach, causing her to inhale sharply, grunting out in pain as she grit her teeth. She quickly grabbed on to the blunt end though that was on her stomach before he could pull it away. "The only thing I'm tired of....are your games" she hissed out as she shoved the scythe in his direction in attempt to hit or cut him with it, considering the blade side had to be close to him wherever he was holding on to it, since he'd hit her with the blunt side.

~

Shayera wasn't so convinced when Renee said it wasn't so bad, but she didn't say anything for the time being. She just headed towards the entrance of the Shed once directed that was where Renee stayed and slept pretty much. As she headed into the run down shed, she glanced around the space, which was clearly old and falling apart - if the roof wasn't example enough of that.

Walking over to the bed in the room, Shayera moved to set Renee down on it carefully, her eyes still scanning around the dark room curiously. "So....how long have you lived here, then?" She wondered if this is where Renee had been staying her entire time on earth. And she could only imagine how much more uncomfortable the room was with the change of seasons, such as when it rained, or snowed.

The scythe jabbed into his stomach, making him stumble backwards, but due to his poor footing he just outright fell down.
"You're playing a dangerous game in of itself, little girl. If you can't take the heat you shouldn't put on the costume." He replied scathingly, crawling on the ground a ways before he got back up.
He reached for a lid to a garbae can, and flung it at her, hoping it'd startle her and make her fall to the ground.
By now, Crane was panting. He was not an athelete, but he didn't want to flee just yet, not while he still had the upper hand.
Renee laid down on the bed, on her stomach. When a water droplet dripped onto her nose she shook her head, glancing up at the ceiling before she looked back to Shayera.
"I think a year. Before I had an apartment with someone, but the rent was really high and hard for me to pay. Then I couch hopped for awhile, made a deal with the guys here and I've been here ever since. " Of course, Renee always wanted to fix the roof. She just never got to it.
"I think it's nice, I mean, rent's modest and I get privacy." She explained, she had low standards.

"Of course I plan to move out, get a real apartment. Just haven't found the right place." She added, well aware that Shayera thought her shack as awful.

Lillian's vision was still blurred and distorted from the visions her mind was creating from the toxin, but she could hear the man stumbling and falling over. She supposed she had hit him, is what she could guess. But the issue still remained was that she was still effected by the toxin, and she didn't know how to get rid of it, when it would wear off, or how to fight the man in this state.

She struggled to get back up to her feet, when she heard the rattling of something and looked over in the mans direction, not that it helped too much since her vision was still clouded with nightmares. But she could distinguish an object flying at her, and she yelped out a bit in surprise as it collided right into her. Of course, with the toxin affecting her, it wasn't as simple as a garbage can lid, and it was an unidentifiable monster-like creature in her eyes, as she quickly flailed the object off of her.

~

Well, at least she hadn't been living here the entire time, right? Shayera tried to consider positively, not wanting to really offend Renee since they still didn't really know each other all that well, but still....a year in this dump? Shayera couldn't really imagine it, and honestly, she didn't want to. When Renee said how rent was modest and good for her, the fact that she had to pay rent at all for a place like this was ridiculous.

"You're paying at all? For a place like this?" she couldn't help but scoff a bit in disbelief. Shaking her head a bit, she looked back over at the girl "Really...I mean, I'm not trying to judge your situation or anything but...this isn't really a way to live. Especially for over a year? Certainly there must be better options available for you?"

Crane stalked around the young woman and then he grabbed her shoulders from behind, now that she was distracted by her nightmares. He slammed her into the wall, hoping the blow would be enough to her face that she'd bleed.

"How does it feel? To be surrounded by your fears?" He asked in his disturbed voice.
Renee shifted slightly, rather uncomfortably. "We're out in the country, and in the big city nearby there has been price increases in rent. If I could find someone to live with, it wouldn't be so bad. But from my experience humans tend to not want to bunch with a fluffy alien all that much." She explained, scratching behind her ear. They were talking near 800 for a one bedroom apartment as a standard.

Distracted by the visions, as hard as she was trying to ignore them and focus on the man, she suddenly felt herself shoved against the wall causing her to cry out in pain and struggle against his grip. While she may be petite in size, she was strong, as she of course had to be, fighting crime every night, and from what she could tell this man didn't seem to be all that physically inclined when it came to strength, so she struggled against his hold, hoping that she might be able to overpower him.

She cringed as his distorted voice echoed through her ears, sending chills down her spine. Her head was throbbing from the hit it took against the wall, and she spit out some blood from her lip that had split from the impact. "Who are you?" she hissed out, shutting her eyes in hopes the attempt would block out the fearsome images clouding her vision. She'd never faced an opponent like this before, and she wondered just what underworld this criminal had crawled out from.

~

Shayera sighed a bit as she listened to Renee's explanation of why she was stuck in such poor conditions. Still though..."You don't have to live in the city, do you? There aren't any small countrytown apartments around here for rent?" she questioned. She figured those places couldn't be all that expensive. Usually towns like the one they were in, just outside the city like it was a different world, the prices were typically dramatically different.

Either way...Shayera didn't know why she was getting herself so involved and bothered by it. Maybe it was just because it was in her nature...but it didn't sit right with her just letting Renee continue staying in a place like this. Even if it wasn't her place to but-in or anything...she did want to help the girl. She would offer her to stay with her and Katar until she either had enough money, or found a better place to suit her expenses...but she wasn't so sure how Katar would feel about that.

"I'm the scarecrow, don't you see? Just because I lost my strawhat doesn't mean it shouldn't be obvious." He sneered. He thought about taking her back to his lab and doing all sorts of cruel experiments on her, but the truth was he didn't know when the toxin would run out and he didn't have anymore sedatives.
Calculating the risk-reward, he thought it best just to let the hero suffer and take the unconcious woman while he still could. Next time he came out though, he'd bring more of the toxin and sedatives, and Halo wouldn't be so lucky.

He dropped her, glaring down at her from above.
"Next time, I suggest you turn tail and run." He taunted, turning away to collect his prize and vanish into the night.
"Possibly, I couldn't say off hand. I know there's a motel nearby, in the town next over." But Renee didn't really want to live there. She looked up at Shayera, a frown on her face.
"Why do you care so much? I have food, shelter, a bed and I can go in the house to shower and cook. I'm not struggling. " She pointed out. She had only moved out in the shed to have privacy.

Hearing his name that he went by, she thought it sounded familiar. But she didn't entirely recognize it and therefore was confused as to why it sounded like she knew the name. And not just a normal actual scarecrow, but something about a villain by that name rang a bell in her head. Only, her head was currently too messed up to really figure it out and realize why it seemed familiar.

She twisted in his grasp in an attempt to sock a punch to his face. She kept her eyes still closed, since it helped to cut off her vision to stop the images before her, though, it didn't help to fight. She missed landing the hit, and consequently was shoved to the ground. Where by the time she recovered enough, Scarecrow was gone.

~

Shayera was asking herself the same question. Why did she care so much? She told herself and just passed t off as her being a caring person who wanted to help others. And while that was true, she didn't understand her own actions at the moment really.

"You're right, it's not really any of my business, I apologize if I was intruding too much" she apologized before she looked up at the night sky she could see from through the holes in the roof "Anyways, I should be on my way back now. Take care of that leg" she said with a smile as she excused herself to leave to head back home.

Scarecrow took the poor woman to his chambers, and locked her up. She would be safe for now, but come tomorrow she was going to be really unhappy. He thought about Halo a lot. She was interesting, he would quite like to know how her powers worked, but more importatnly, what she was afraid of. Perhaps he'd have to set a trap for her soon....yes, he liked the thought of that.

Instead of returning to sleep, he spent most of his night thinking of ways to trick the hero into his hands.
Renee cocked her head as Shayera started to leave, watching her appreciatevly.
"You know, you should tell Katar to appreciate you more. You deserve it." She replied dryly as she pulled some covers over her head, moving a bucket that was on the bed slightly so it'd catch more water droplets.
"Cus he doesn't, you know."

Lillian ended up falling unconscious in the abandoned run down building that she'd last been fighting Scarecrow in. Without the criminal before her to worry about and fight, her body fully succumbed to the toxins in her body and felt the full exhaustion of it all.

When she next finally woke up, it was a few hours before sunrise. The fear toxin had fully worn off at some point in her sleep, and when her eyes fluttered open she felt groggy and confusion. As the night and fight before fell back into her memory, her eyes widened and she was instantly fully awake as she sat upright, looking around before cursing silently to herself.

~

As shayera was dismissing and excusing herself, about to exit and head home to leave the woman to her rest and everything, she stopped short when she heard Renee speaking up again, saying how Katar should respect and appreciate her more.

Shayera was a it surprised by the woman's input about her relationship with katar, though she didn't mind at all, and smiled lightly to the woman with the a light nod " I appreciate your kind words. Get some rest now" she spoke kindly before leaving the woman in the shed, jumping up and leaving through a hole in the ceiling as she flew through it and into the night sky.

Crane stood up from his chair and looked over to the testing chambers, which resembled almost a prison like facility. He thought about Halo, but then remembered the fine woman he had met at that socialite gathering awhile ago.
He reached into his desk and pulled out the numbers she'd given him, and wrote a text.
He deleted it, and then rewrote it a frew times, just trying to get it perfect.

'Just woke up. Nightmare, of all things. Want to grab coffee later today? '

Yeah, that would work. Crane thought it was a nice mix of professional - casual. Or at least, the best mix he could write himself. Looking at the clock, he waited until it was exactly 5 AM. to send it. A good 2 hours after he had fought Halo.

Renee watched Shayera fly away, then she studied the size of the hole. Jesus. She thought. If it's large enough for giant birds to fly through I really need to fix it. She drummed her fingers on her chin, wondering how to go about doing that.

--One Week Later--

Renee's leg had healed, and she had finally taken the time to patch the roof to her shed, and install a few more shelves for storage. Honestly, she was really happy with it. She wondered what Shayera would think of it though.
Thinking of Shayera...she wished she could see the woman again. Something about her intruiged Renee.

But how would she do that though? She didn't have Shayera's number...hmmm. She went out to the gas station to get a full tank, and decided to visit St. Rouch. She always wanted to do a road trip, so it would work out well for her. She wasn't going to tell Shayera she drove JUST to see her, however. That'd be creepy. Am I being creepy? Renee wondered as she filled up her tank.

Hours later, she was in St. Rouch. It had taken her most of the day, and by now it was 5 PM. Exhausted, she changed into her armor, and patrolled the streets. She knew eventually the hawks would find her, and if she could beat up some thug in the meantime that would be great.

Groaning a bit in sore pain, she rolled over from her side that she'd woken up on, over onto her stomach to pull herself up on her hands an knees. She felt like crap. Rightfully so. A tough fight where she got knocked around, and not to mention the obvious mental torture she'd endured. She shuttered as she recalled the encounter with that toxic gas of sorts...just what the hell was that, anyways? She didn't want to know what kind of chemicals made it up to cause the brain to react in such a way...it was unfortunately incredibly ingenious - though in a bad way. It definitely took a highly skilled chemist and brain to figure something like that out.

As she stood up on her feet, she reached into her suit to check her phone, though it had been on silent. She noticed a recently received text from the man she'd met at that party, seeing his offer to meet up. She was about to respond, before realizing what time it was. Too early. No person in their right mind would be up this early without a reason. He seemed to have a nightmare...though she almost found it ironic, considering in a way, she dealt with the same thing last night. She'd wait at least an hour if not two before responding.

'Sounds good. What time were you thinking? Sorry about your nightmare, they're terrible.'

~

After leaving Renee once assuring the woman would be all set and okay, Shayera had headed back home to the loft with Katar they had. It took a couple hour flight, though it wasn't as long since she wasn't carrying someone. Not that Renee had been heavy or anything, by flying with extra weight did slow her speed down a bit. Though nothing noticeably bothersome or anything. Once making it home, as expected the dirty dishes were still there in the sink. She sighed a bit, running a hand through her wavy hair before moving to clean them before she went to sleep for the night, despite how late it was. About a half hour later, she finally joined Katar in rest.

Some time had passed, and while Renee wasn't constantly on the redhead's thoughts or anything, she certainly wasn't absent from them either. Shayera found herself thinking about the woman from time to time, but never got too distracted. Currently, she was around patrolling the city a bit to make sure nothing serious was going on trouble wise and all. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be that way. But something still caught her eye. A familiar figure in the streets, and Shayera found herself smiling a bit as she swiftly landed beside the girl "What brings you here, Renee? Tourism?" she joked lightly, though was surprised to see the female here.

Crane had gone to rest for awhile, so he wouldn't see her message until 9 AM, a good 4 hours later. He read it, didn't respond right away. He made himself a fresh hot batch of coffee and sipped at it, and afterwards made some scrambled egg for himself. It would be around 9:45 AM when he responded.
'11 AM?' He texted back. 'We could do later in the day, if that's too soon.'

"Got bored of the dry Texas planes, birdy." She replied back in a joking manner. "Thought I'd take a drive, see some new places. Try some New Orleans Gumbo. " She turned around, standing upright. She was just slightly smaller than Shayera in this form. One could correctly assume she was in her real form, as she had a forked tail.
She studied Shayera, still admiring her. It was at this point Renee realized what her deal was. She had a huge crush on Shayera.
Oh no. Behind Shayera, landed Katar. Oh no. Renee thought to herself.

"Typhoon." KAtar greeted, while it wasn't dry it wasn't really 'friendly' either. "Glad to see that you are rested." He put his arm around Shayear's waist, pulling her closer to him.

"All thanks to you, hawkman. " Her tail flickered behind her.

Lillian had text him back when she got back to her place after the long night, so the text hadn't been sent until about 6:30. After sending it, she didn't bother waiting for an immediate reply, instead, she focused on sleep. Hopefully good sleep. Considering last night she'd been unable to sleep well since when she had fallen unconscious, it was due to nightmarish visions and images. Thankfully she had managed to sleep, though it wasn't quite long enough to recover her body from the fight last night, and she still felt tired and groggy.

But seeing she had a text from him again, she forced herself to fully wake up. She mentally groaned at how soon the time was - she still needed a lot of cleaning up to do to look like an innocent, non-superhero girl who got into fights. 'A little later would work better for me. Does noon work?' she responded, asking. She knew it was closer to a more lunch-time, but she figured if he wanted to do that time they may as well get lunch too. It wasn't that big of a deal right? Plus, she needed more than just an hour to clean herself up and look decent enough, not like she'd gotten little sleep and in a fight last night.

~

"Birdy?" she repeated the teasing nickname from Renee and couldn't help but laugh a bit in amusement at the name, not offended by it at all, only finding it humorous. Hearing her reply, Shayera smirked a bit as she said she'd visit to try some new orleans gumbo and get away from dry Texas lands "So tourism" Shayera repeated and concluded with a bit of a smirk, before she heard her husband landing just behind her, and Shayera glanced over her shoulder as the man stepped beside her closely.

She turned her attention back to Renee "It is good to see you in good health. How is your leg?" she asked as she glanced to said limb, seeing it seemed to be a lot better. She also noted that Renee was in yet another form. So far Shayera had only seen the leopard and human forms that Renee wore. She had no way of knowing this was her natural form, so she asked curiously for conversation sake "Is this another form you picked up on another planet?"

Crane thought for a moment. 'Noon works. Lunch instead?' He suggested. he didn't want to eat and then go hang out.
Honestly, he was suprised she even responded to him. He had limited interactions with females. In his youth and in college he had never been very popular with women. They tended to think he was strange and unwelcoming, though thinking about it now Crane didn't blame them.
If only they knew what he did in the dark...

"It's healed, and no. This is my true form. It's the only one that can fit comfortably in the suit, anyway." Renee had a long, curved muzzle that slid into the armor just so. Had she taken the red suit off, the Hawks would be able to see how fluffy she was, like a husky.

"Fascinating. Ever since we've come to Earth we learned about magic. It's always new and interseting." Hawkman commented, having been relayed the information about Renee's forms via his wife.
"It's not often we get visitors -- willingly," His attept of a joke, "Perhaps we should go have dinner together?" He looked to Shayera, this time it was an honest question as he didn't know if she had plans later today.

"I mean, I don't want to impose. " Renee quickly said. She would have to park her truck elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back