• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DC Universe RP

She had already started getting ready for a shower when she heard her phone go off again, and she smiled a bit. She actually liked the idea of lunch. It had the potential to be longer company than the excuse of just getting some coffee. And she liked his company. Well...she thought she did anyways. She didn't know his company was also Scarecrow's company. She only thought of him from when they first met at the party, and to her, she'd enjoyed talking to him then. Little did she know she'd already met him another time, a much less enjoyable time.

"Lunch it is. Do you have a particular place in mind?' she asked back, though after sending it recalled it was relatively new to the city. She already had a few places in mind, casual, but good food places in her mind to suggest, should he not know many places around that he wanted to eat at since he was knew. She didn't know though, so asked first before deciding. While waiting for a response, she stepped into the bathroom and took a shower.

~

Hearing it was her true form, Shayera grew more curious. So far she was fascinated by every form she'd either seen or been told about by Renee, but to see her in person in her naturally born form, it was interesting. It seemed to fit a lot more with the stories she'd heard about her from their last encounter, such as when she was talking about the war she fought in and the arctic weather she'd had to travel through and everything. It made the image of the story a lot more clearer in her mind.

When Katar brought up dinner, Shayera this time didn't mind at all, and actually quite looked forward to it. Now that she actually knew Renee, more than her just being a stranger guest that had worked with her husband, she looked forward to a hopefully even friendlier sort of dinner between all of them. "You wouldn't be imposing at all. So how about it, are you hungry?" she asked with a smile.

'Not offhand. I don't eat out a lot. ' The fast food places made him queezy, so he mostly cooked. It was not only more healthier, but a lot cheaper too.
'Open to any suggestions. Pick whatever sounds good to you. ' He resisted the urge to add a smiley face. He didn't want to be too casual.
Renee nodded. "Sure! I'd love to. " Her tail wagged like a dog's. Katar saw that and smiled, but hid a laugh in case it might've been seen as rude.
"Shall we eat out? You could try the local foods here."
"Sure, I'd love to. Where's the best place to eat here?" She asked, looking to the hawks for suggestion.

Katar paused for a moment, then looked to Shayera. She enjoyed the New Orleans type food more than he did, so it was better that she answer.

Lillian didn't get the text until she finished her shower, which was about thirty minutes later. Usually she didn't take quite that long, but considering she was covered in dirty and whatever other filth from the fight last night, she really cleaned up as much as she possibly could from all of that, half hoping that the shower would just wash that entire night away. Not only was she irritated that she had lost and let the man get away, but also how terribly off guard she had been taken. She didn't plan on letting it happen again, however.

With a towel wrapped around her torso, she picked her phone up off her bed seeing the response. 'Not a problem. How about Andy's Diner? It's food is great, and it's a pretty decent variety of food too' she suggested, glancing to the clock, nearly 11, and continued to finish getting ready.

~

Shayera smiled a bit seeing her excitement at the idea of all having diner together. If it wasn't obvious enough by her vocalized agreement, the wagging tail coming from behind her was further confirmation enough of her genuine excitement. She smiled a bit in amusement, finding it actually rather cute, in a way.

Now that they were trying to decide where to go to eat, the plan seemed to land on her as Katar seemed rather uninterested in where exactly they went, and Renee of course didn't know any places around here really. "Well, why don't we go to one of my favorite places then. They've got the best food around" she smiled as she suggested the name of the place, and then once in agreement, started heading there with the two, as it was within walking distance and really not all that far.

'Sounds good. See you then.' Crane texted 10 minutes later. By now, he was awake. He was already getting ready, washing his face and cleaning his glasses. He dressed in a sweatervest and had on some dark skinny jeans. While it wasn't "professional" it was a little above casual, which is what he usually strived for.
At 12 exactly he walked in the resturant, and stood awkwardly by the door while he waited and looked around for his companion.
"Awesome. Let me go change." Renee smiled, to which Katar nodded. "Yes, we should change too. It'd be awkward if they caught Hawkman and Hawkwoman dining. We'll meet you by the resturant. It's two blocks down, across from the pizza joint." He explained.

Renee met up with the Hawks at the resturant, dressed casually in a baseball t-shirt and basket ball shorts. Her eyes brightened when she saw Shayera.
Hawkman had a suit on, and used it to hide his wings.
"You look good." Katar greeted Renee.
"Thanks, you look spiffy."

Once the plan was decided, Lillian finished fixing and cleaning herself up so she didn't look as tired as she felt. She put on some makeup - not too much, basically just enough to cover the circles under her eyes, as well as wore a calm shade of lipstick, mostly to hide her split lip Scarecrow had given her last night when he'd slammed her face against the wall. Typically, Lillian wasn't one for too much make-up, but today she wore some mainly to hide any showing effects from last night. She didn't look overdone, and it wasn't very noticeable sort of makeup like dramatic eye liner or red lipstick would stand out.

Once she finished, she was right on time and headed towards the Diner they decided to eat at. She wore a nice pair of tight black skinny jeans, with a loose pale blue blouse that hung perfectly on her shoulders. As she arrived at the Diner, she smiled a bit in amusement seeing him standing outside by the front entrance. Walking up to him, she smiled a bit "You could have gotten a table inside instead of waiting out here" she suggested as she greeted him.

~

Shayera nodded a bit with a smile when they decided to get changed and meet up at the restaurant. She headed back to their home where she and Katar changed into more comfortable and casual clothes than their armor they had been wearing during their patrol. Shayera changed into a casual but flowing dress as well as with a cardigan over her shoulders, managing to cover up her own wings as well, and before long she and Katar left to meet back up with Renee.

Finding her at the restaurant, Shayera smiled at the woman, though Katar beating her to the compliment before her. Shayera had to agree though, Renee did look nice outside of her armor and uniform. It was different, but in a good and relaxing way, it was nice to see her looking comfortable. "Well, shall we?" she motioned to the door before heading inside with the two, where they were soon seated to a table with their menus.

"Oh, I prefer to wait. " He smiled, greeting her. He thought she looked nice. She must've worked hard to get ready, he thought.
He moved to secure them a table in the corner.
"How are you today?" He asked, holding her chair out. Perhaps he was being too much of a gentleman, but he prefered to be the gentleman.
They followed Shayera, with Katar sitting next to Shayera while Renee sat across.
"So, you two like ancient weaponry?" Renee asked, noting the mace and axe they had been carrying before.

"Yes and no." Katar said after he ordered some soup. Renee just asked for a salad and water, not wanting to pay for anything else, since gas had been expensive.
"We love our Thanagarian tech but we were fearful of it falling into the wrong hands, but Shayera's grown quite fond of the weapons which require a lot of arm strength." Renee smiled at that.

She smiled a bit when he said he preferred waiting "Well, I hope I didn't make you wait too long" she spoke as they headed in to the diner and took a seat. As the arrived at the table she was a bit surprised the he pulled her chair out for her, since it wasn't such a common thing lately in this day and age, but she smiled a bit at the gentlemanly and cute act. "Thank you" she spoke softly as she took the seat while he then moved to sit across from her.

"I'm doing alright so far today. I could have used a bit more sleep but nothing I can't handle" she said with a light shrug of her shoulders "What about you? So you had to start the day waking up from a nightmare?" she asked as she referenced back to his earlier text about him having a nightmare "That's not a very pleasant start to a day" she commented, before their waiter came to take their drink orders, and she just asked for water.

~

Glancing over the menu as they sat down, it didn't really take long for Shayera to decide on her meal. She came here pretty often, anyways, and therefore already knew her favorite meals and what she preferred to eat here. She had ordered spring pasta dish that was mixed with a bunch of vegetables. They just finished placing their orders when Renee was asking about their weapons.

She smiled a bit at Katar's comment of the weaponry she preferred, and she just shrugged her shoulders "While it's true I do prefer the weapon, I think it's important to be strong enough to hold your own even without one. That's part of why I like them, like my mace, since it allows me to keep in shape while using it."

"Oh, you didn't." He smiled, he hadn't noticed her being too terribly late. He nodded when she mentioned the lie he told her. "It just gave me a start. So I made coffee and breakfast, went through my paperwork and all of that." He explained.
"What about yourself? What have you done so far today?" He asked, trying to get the conversation off of himself. He didn't like being in the spotlight.
Renee smiled. Katar excused himself to go to the restroom right about this time, and that made Renee relax slightly more.
For a moment, there's just silence. All around them there is chatter with other families and couples talking to one another, and Renee couldn't help but blus slightly in embarassment.
"You know, you should give me your phone number. So I could check by next time I decide to take a road trip." She gave a lame excuse. "Maybe I could round up some thugs for you to work out on." She added teasingly.

She smiled a bit, glad it seemed she hadn't made him wait for her too long or anything outside the restaurant. She had arrived pretty much on time that they said the would meet, but he had been there before her so she didn't know if he'd shown up early, been waiting a while or anything. Though it seemed that wasn't the case so that was good.

As they briefly talked about his start to the morning, he turned the question back to her. "I haven't done too much. I didn't have any appointments this morning, and I didn't sleep too well last night so I slept in a bit more than usual. That's pretty much it for me though."

~

Shayera watched as Katar got up to excuse himself momentarily before she glanced back at Renee, and her sharp eyes didn't miss the way Renee seemed to relax with Katar having left, even if for momentarily. She looked to the woman across from her curiously, wondering why that was. She knew Katar could be a bit intimidating sometimes...but she couldn't help but be curious.

"Katar can be pretty intimidating, huh?" she brought up with an amused smile to Renee, pointing out that she noticed Renee's slight change in behavior, and was curious about it. When she mentioned her phone number though, she was a bit confused, before figuring the girl had a point "That's a good idea. And especially if you come bearing gifts like those" she joked a bit referring to the thugs to beat up as a gift.

"Anything going on later?" He asked, ordering a light soup and a coke for his lunch. He stretched and leaned back in his chair, fighting back tiredness. Despite taking a nap, he was still tired. Not that it showed too much. He didn't need another test subject so he'd get a full nights rest tonight.
Renee studied her, giving a small nod. Oh, there was a reason why she was nervous of Katar. But it was a reason she wasn't going to share with Shayera.
Renee pulled out her phone and handed it to Shayera. "Add your phone in there. " She said politely. "And, KAtar's fine. He's polite and all, just has an attitude." She excused herself.

"I have a few appointments later this afternoon. But today surprisingly isn't that busy of a day for me, unlike usually" she said with a bit of a smile. Typically she had appointments all throughout the day keeping her constantly busy, but today was a relatively calm and easy day for her, much to her appreciation. After last night she was glad today wouldn't be too stressful or anything.

After ordering her meal, a salad with water as her drink, she turned the attention back to Jonathan, or, as she knew him anyways, Johnny. "How has your research been going?" she asked curiously, not realizing until that moment of asking him how ironic it was in her current situation the criminal that she dealt with last night, that the work revolved around the human brain and fears.

~

After agreeing to giving Renee her phone number, Shayera thought it a good idea. Especially if she was around New Orleans frequently, it might be nice for them to catch up and hang out when they had the spare time to do so. Taking the phone from her when handed it, she put in her number before saving it for her and handing her phone back to her "There, all set. Definitely let us know when you're in the area again."

Hearing her comment about Katar and why she seemed a bit intimidated of him, Shayera couldn't help but laugh a bit in amusement "He certainly does" she agreed in amusement when Renee seemed to easily notice how Katar had his own sort of attitude about him.

"Slow." Crane replied. He loathed talking about his research, just because he had to lie so much about it. "I had a test subject drop out. Said she wanted to do therapy instead, so I'm going through new subjects in interviews, seeing who would like to do it, try to weed out those who won't actually stick around." He said, which was partially true. He DID have to get new test subjects often.
Katar returned by this point, taking his seat beside Shayera.
"Back. What have you two ladies been talking about?" He asked, taking a sip of his beverage which had just been delivered.
"A bit about you." Renee replied honestly.
"Nothing bad, I hope!" Hawkman laughed. He didn't care what anyone had to say behind his back, but rather to his face. Though he didn't think Shayera would talk ill of him.

Hearing him talk about how he was mostly having trouble with having subjects staying around to really analyze and find any sort of results, she got the impression he seemed a bit frustrated with it. Or perhaps it was the underlying fact he couldn't really talk about it, and how it really was. Lillian had no idea though, and thought he was simply struggling with his research.

"Well, I'm sure it'll get better. In any case, I wish you luck with it all" she said, before she sat up a bit when the waiter came back with their food and served it to them. Lillian had no idea she was actually wishing success and luck to the criminal that caused her so much trouble.

~

Just as she was agreeing talking about Katar's attitude, said man had arrived back at the table and took his seat beside her. Shayera smiled a bit at him and shook her head "Of course not. I don't think there are any bad things about you" she smiled a bit in a joking and teasing manner. Katar knew Shayera didn't always agree with him or see eye to eye, which is why it was obvious she was joking in a friendly manner.

It wasn't any longer after that, that their meals had arrived and been set in front of each of them. Shayera was enjoying the time to go out and eat, since normally when it was just Katar and herself, the man hadn't much interest in dining out.

"Thank. you." He smiled, getting a kick out of it. People were wishing him luck in torturing others. How funny.
"You know, next Friday there's another socialite gathering, might be some big checks there, if you need money yourself. " He told her, willing to help a fellow psychiatrist with their work. Well, just her. He couldn't see himself helping anyone else out of the goodness of his heart.
Renee quietly ate her food, enjoying the salad quite a lot.
"So, Renee, " Katar started, enjoying his food as well, "Any problems with your villains? " Renee just shook her head.
"No, Ringmaster is always a pain but he's had a hard time getting out of prison this go around. Thankfully. I can't stand his fire-shooting guns in the heat."

Dinner went on like this for awhile, with not much of substance to be had. All in all, it was a nice time. Eventually they were ready to leave, and Renee seemed tired. It would be a long drive home so she wanted to buy a few energy drinks for the drive home.
"I had a great time, I really did." Renee said to the Hawkfamily.
"We did as well. You know, not many other heroes visit us." He revealed.

Lillian smiled a bit and nodded to him lightly when he thanked her. She thought it was impressive for him to undertake his own research project like he was....well, the way she thought he was anyways.

When he brought up the party later that Friday, she looked to him curiously with an amused smile on her lips as she teased him a bit "oh really? You're willing to share your resources with me?" She joked lightly with a smile. She wouldn't need funding for anything, she had enough money herself. She wasn't rich per say, but she was definitely well off in finances. However, knowing he'd be there did make her kind of want to go as well, if only to see him again.

~

As diner continued on Shayera enjoyed the company. While the conversation would often die down and become a bit dead at moments, it wasn't unbearable by any means or anything. The company alone was rather really nice. Particularly because when she met with other heros or things of the sort, it was usually because of work. But Being able to actually relax and be able to have a normal relaxed interaction like this was rather nice, and very much welcome.

As diner had ended and they were starting on their parting ways, Shayera nodded in agreement with Katar and smiled to Renee. "He's right, feel free to visit when you'd like, it's be nice" she agreed with a smile, enjoying her company "Have a safe drive back, be careful."

"I can be generous. " He admitted playfully, which was quite close on the borderline to a white lie and gross exaggeration. He THOUGHT making people face their fears was generous and wise.
"Besides, you'd have great company there. There'll be me...and well, perhaps a few doctors and lawyers." He added in a false attempt to make himself more humble.
Renee gave a small smile, "I'll try to do that. Take care!" She said her farewells, and started on the way home. It would be a long trip, but halfway through she took a detour by a gas station to text the new number in her phone.
'I enjoyed dinner! '

She added the dog emoji to be cute, and to reference what she truly was. She wasn't quite sure what to do. She thought Shayera was amazing but she was married. By the end of her time at the gas station she resolved to keep her distance for awhile.

She smiled a bit at his response, enjoying that he seemed to be lightening up a bit and joking some now. He previously seemed so....up-tight wasn't really the right word, but along the lines of being more serious. Though he seemed to be lightening up a little bit more now as he called himself great company, before humbly adding in other people too that would likely be there.

She shrugged her shoulder a bit with a smile "Doctors and lawyers are over-rated" she waved her hand, implying that she agreed and thought that he would be enough good company. "I suppose going to another one of those parties however would be worth it, if you're going to be there" she smiled.

~

Shayera smiled to Renee and nodded her head "You too" she called back to her as she got into her car and started it up to head off back home. Watching the car disappear down the road, she turned back to Katar, and they both headed back to their home, idly talking about the diner with Renee a bit and both seeming to have enjoyed it and her company.

She was just getting ready for bed when she got a text from an unknown number, but considering the content, it wasn't hard to figure out who it was from. She smiled a bit to herself before responding 'I'm glad, Katar and I both enjoyed it a lot too. We'll have to do it again sometime' she replied, before finishing readying herself to sleep for the night before crawling into bed.

He gave another delightful smile. "Well, I'll for sure be there if you will be..." He paused for a moment, before speaking again. "Or we could just say hell to it, meet up at another restaurant later. It'd be quieter, and we wouldn't have to talk to the snooty socialites at the party." He offered, glad to see she was very interested in him.
Renee never responded, but she did read it. In the following weeks she found herself busy dealing with crime and work, therefore she didn't have much time to dwell on Shayera. But the coming Friday she found herself in bed, radio turned up and a cold budwiser in her paw she thought about the Hawkfamily.

She called up WIldcat, an old JSA member (and longtime 'friend' of Hawkman), with him, he and a few other members had founded the Justice Society back in WWII.
"Hey, Grant...can we chat?"
She heard a pause form the other end, and the man spoke. "We already are kid, what's up?"
"Can you keep a secret? "
"Perhaps."
Renee scoffed. "I"m serious Grant, you can't talk about it. "
The older, more grumpy man frowned, before responding. "Is something wrong, kiddo?"

Renee gave a slightly irritated sigh. She was 24 and he was still calling her a kid.
"Look, you know the hawk family right? I"m in trouble man. I've fallen for Shayera. "
There was silence on the other end.
"I know, she's married. But she's just so amazing, I just want to --"
Finally, he spoke. "That's one tail you don't want to chase, Typhoon." He spoke in a very quiet voice.

"I know she's married--"
"No, that's not it." Grant, in his worn-down home rubbed his temples. Jesus, these kids. "The hawks have history. More than you can ever know. Rumor goes that they reincarnate. They die, and then return in another lifetime. Carter* said he's been in love with Shayera for hundreds of years, and I don't doubt it. If you know what's good for you, you'll stay away. Don't even be their buddy, cos' their friends have a tendency to turn up dead."

That was just so much to process, they reincarnate? It wasn't well known, but the hawks were cursed since Ancient Egypt. An evil man named Hath-Set (ironically a priest of the same god Renee followed and was descended from!) cursed them, they die, they reincarnate, only to be killed by Hath-Set every lifetime.
Somehow, the only thing Renee latched onto to comment on was the 'friends dying part'.
"Dying? Their friends? What?"

Grant looked at the window, remembering vaguely Carter's time at the Midway museum. "Hath-Set's after them right?He's after them, but he's willing to torture them. They don't have friends because their friends get killed. Stay away kiddo. You'll find some other dame or er, lad if that's your thing." He didn't know Typhoon's preferences.
"Stay away." With that, he hung up the phone.
Renee was left staring up at the window, watching the full moon.

The next day Renee waited till 12 PM to message Shayera, ignoring Grant's warning.
'Hey. : : ) ' She texted Shayera. She wasn't really quite sure what she wanted to talk about or say. If she told her that she had a crush on her it might scare Shayera off or bring upon Katar's wrath.

**Reincarnation things legit. It started in Ancient Egypt. It's also how Katar was around in WWII but is young now, he had an accident. He remembers his past lives. The killing of friends isn't explicit in the comics but not a stretch. He gets off on tormenting them.

She smiled a bit as he suggested they didn't even need that party as an excuse to see each other again, and they could go to another restaurant, a nice one that was quite. She smiled a bit as she raised a brow, looking to him "Are you perhaps asking me out on a date, Mr. Tattum?" she asked with an amused smile. By now it was clear they both had some level of interest in the other. Though if it was to be anything actually serious for either of them, they had yet to know.

"Because if you are, I think I would very much enjoy that" she added in with a smile. She wasn't trying to hide that she was flirting with him, since she thought that it was pretty clear by now she had interest in him.

~

Shayera would be lying if she said she wasn't a bit disappointed that Renee had never text her again since that night after dinner. And even then it was only a single text. It was rare that she and Katar had friends who were equally interested in spending time around them, and so Shayera, whom had enjoyed hanging out with Renee, was disappointed that the woman either wasn't as interested in being friendly with them as she had thought she was, or, was avoiding and distancing herself from them.

Either way, Shayera had come to the conclusion that unless word with villains was involved, they wouldn't really be hearing from Renee again. So when she actually got a text from her that day, she was a bit surprised, though pleasantly so. She smiled a bit, before responding. ' Hey yourself. It's been awhile, how've you been?'

"Perhaps I am." He smiled, and just took a sip out of his coffee while she talked more. "I would be delighted to take you somewheres nice. Perhaps we can talk more about our line of work some more. " Usually, talking about work was taboo but psychology was so fascinating. How could you not talk about it?
Renee was happy that Shayera responded, wholly unaware that the other woman had been looking forward to speaking with her. But now Renee felt nervous, and didn't want to reveal her feelings.
'Been busy. One of my freaks blasted my armor and I had to send it to a specialist to repair it. Blasted a hole right through the chest plate. ' She explained, which was the truth. It would take Two weeks to repair, another week for it to be shipped back, so unfortunately she was out of commission for awhile.
'How about yourself?'
She paused a minute after sending it. She had to be honest eventually.
'I haven't really messaged much because there is a problem.'

She smiled a bit when he said he basically was asking her out on an official date. Some people might consider what tehy were on right now a date, though it really wasn't or anything. She was glad to be seeing him again though, and the thought of an actual date with him. He didn't seem too much like the sociable type of guy, but she hoped perhaps on their date she could learn more about him.

Nodding her head in agreement, she smiled "That sounds good to me. Perhaps you could tell me more about yourself too, and I'll do the same" she added, since aside from work, they really didn't know much of anything about each other. The only other thing she knew about him aside from his 'research' was that he was originally and recently from Gotham, but that's it.

~

After getting another text from Renee, Shayera was momentarily worried. A hole through the chest of her armor? That didn't sound good at all. Had she been injured from it to? Though Renee didn't seem too bothered about it other than the hassle of getting her armor fixed, so perhaps it wasn't as serious as it had initially sounded.

'I've been same as usual. Beating up some thugs who think they're hot shots around here. I'm glad it seems that you're okay from that attack though. It's unfortunate to hear about your armor...but that's what it's for I suppose, isn't it?' she responded at first, before receiving another text about her having a problem "What is it?'.

He nodded, though she probably wouldn't get to know the real side of him. He was a devious crimminal, and he was aware of that. But he'd tell her something.
"I feel the same way. Where shall we eat? There's a lovely place down on the town square, I've heard." He's eaten there once or twice with some generous money-giving socialites.
'I'm in a bind where I've become interersted in someone whose married. I don't know them that well and I feel bad trying to when I'm hanging otu with their family. Advice?'
Renee avoided saying who it outright was.

In a way, Lillian was the same way as Crane. Even though neither of them were aware of it with the other, they both had these secrete identity halves of themselves, who they hid from the rest of the world as who they really were. Lillian of course was on the opposite spectrum of Crane however, when it came down to basic good and evil sides. However, though she was the one to bring up getting to know each other more personally, like people might do on a date, she was in the same as Crane when she would of course neglect to inform Crane of who she was, as Holo.

As he suggested a place he thought of for their date, she smiled a bit and nodded her head "I think I know where you're talking about. That sounds great" she agreed with a smile, already finding herself looking forward to the date, but didn't let on to it too much, not wanting to appear too eager or anything. "When?" she asked curiously.

~

Honestly Shayera was a bit surprised at the response she received from Renee. While she certainly did like the woman, and may even consider her a friend...she hadn't thought they were this close, that Renee would be delving into such a personal matter of hers with her. It was almost weird to Shayera....not in a bad way, but more so just because she wasn't used to having such personal 'girl drama' with someone talking to her about this kind of stuff.

She found herself at a loss, taking a few minutes to respond since she wasn't really sure how to at first. After a little bit though, she finally replied with what she thought was an appropriate response. 'That's quite a predicament...How long has the couple been married for, and is the person of interest aware of your feelings? I'm not doubting your feelings for the person, but if you're going to meddle with someone's marriage, I would make sure you're really serious about this person.'

Crane, while eager for the date wasn't in any hurry. It wasn't like he was going to die the next day. Unless he accidently released a whole batch of his fear toxin, then that was debatable.
"Friday?" It was Tuesday currently. "I usually do nothing on Fridays, just relaxing or some small paperwork. " Self care was important, afterall.
'It's complicated. I don't really want to cause trouble but I don't want to stop being their friend.' Given the response she got she decided not to give much more information in case Shayera could pinpoint who it was the canid was talking about. Renee was well aware that she didn't know Shayera that well, but she wanted to get to know her.
'Since I'm out of commission, you should come by my city sometime. Remind the baddies that just because Typhoon is out doesn't mean they can do whatever.' She suggested.

Lillian thought about Friday, and while she didn't have anything in particular going on and she was technically free, weekends were high crime days, especially later in the evenings and nights. It wasn't like she couldn't do it, but at the same time she'd prefer to be free in the later evening so that she could make sure to keep the violent crimes and such to a minimal. But she figured if they weren't out late, it shouldn't be a problem really.

Smiling a bit with a nod of her head, she agreed "Friday it is, then" she spoke, looking forward to it. It was around this time that she had by now finished her meal, and was just sipping at her water. While she didn't go on dates often, she was enjoying her time with Crane. It was mostly due to her relatively busy and dangerous lifestyle she didn't often get too close to people.

~

Shayera didn't pay much mind to the fact that Renee didn't answer either of her questions really, and seemed to avoid getting too much into detail. She figured it was just perhaps due to the fact that they weren't extremely close or anything...Renee was probably just asking her in the first place for basic opinions and advice from as many people as she could. It definitely was a complicated sort of situation, that was for sure.

'Well, I don't think it's wrong to still be friends with them at least. You have a right to that' she responded, before she mentioned going to her town to help out with the thugs that she currently couldn't take care of. She smiled a bit 'I'm always up for putting those guys in their place.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back