• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DC Universe RP

"Perfect. We could go for an evening or dinner date, whichever you prefer?" He would prefer the evening, as it meant he could go out hunting in the night.
"Actually," He didn't want her to choose dinner, "I think evening would work best. I tend to want to go to bed quite early. " He lied, but you wouldn't be able to tell that he was lying.
'Awesome. Come by anytime. : ) ' She left it open for Shayera to choose whenever to come by. She was just very glad she didn't question or press more about the situation she was in.

Lillian was about to suggest the former option of the two he gave, but wasn't given a chance to actually reply before he had spoken up again. She smiled a bit, relieved that he wanted to do the evening as well. She didn't know it, but they were both thinking the same things regarding the date and timing.

Nodding her head a bit, Lillian smiled "That sounds perfect to me. I think I'd actually prefer the evening too anyways, so that works perfectly" she agreed. With the date plans for Friday pretty much settled now for the most part, their lunch get together was coming to an end with the both of them finished with their meals. With the check having been paid for and everything, she spoke up "Well, I have an appointment I need to be getting to soon, but I'm glad we got to do this. I look forward to Friday" she smiled to him.

~

Shayera was glad that Renee seemed to be feeling better, though did worry a bit for her and her crush see seemed to have. It had to be difficult, falling for someone who was already married? She did hope Renee the best though in all of it, if she ended up with the one she was interested in or not...she was a kind woman, and definitely deserved to be happy.

'Sure thing, keep me updated how your crush is going' she responded smiling to herself, not having a clue that she was actually talking about herself and she was the one that was Renee's problem.

'I enjoyed it too. I'll text you closer to Friday.' He smiled, taking his wallet to pay for both of their foods. Once the waitress left with his money he stood up and said his goodbyes, heading out to to go to the grocery store to buy food for home and certain household bleach to use for his nasty toxin.
'Will do!' Renee wasn't sure if she wanted to, but she would keep being friendly regardless.
'Text me ahead of time when you're coming. Maybe I can cook for you a change! It will be in the house, not the shed I promise. : ) ' She added, hoping Shayera would take advantage of her offer.

She smiled a bit and nodded to him "I'll see you then" she agreed as they finished up their meal, parting ways with him as they said their goodbyes. She headed towards her office where she held her counseling appointments with her clients. She had an appointment in about a half hour and wanted to make sure to prepare properly for her client and everything.

Later that night, Lillian was back at it again as usual, as Holo. She'd taken a pretty good beating the previous night from this 'Scarecrow' guy though, so she was being cautious. She was more so out looking for information about it to try and learn more about this new nuisance in her neighborhood.

~

Shayera smiled a bit in amusement when Renee commented cooking for her, and seemed to be sure to point out that it would be inside the house and not her shed. 'I'll let you know' she responded, thinking it would be nice to be the one to go visit her, especially since Renee was inviting her.

She'd just have to be sure to check with Hawkman and make sure he'd be fine handling their usual thugs around their own city for the day while Shayera would be gone. Not that she doubted Hawkman could handle it himself.

She wouldn't find the scarecrow tonight, but if she searched hard enough she'd find one of the few survivors. A homeless man was huddled up in a cold street corner, his companions were by a barrel lit on fire for warmth, but he stayed far away from it, shaking in the darkness and mumbling nonsense about the 'apex'.
'Cool ' Renee texted back, taking a sip out of her beverage of choice, budwiser lite.

It would be a few weeks later, Renee having been texting Shayera semi-regularly by this point, asking how her day went and all that. Finally, there wasn't much to do in St. Roch, and Hawkman had a conference the next day, thus he spent most of his waking time prepping for it, so it left the winged warrior with little to do.

Holo was trying to gather more information about this 'Scarecrow' guy. She wasn't sure how to prepare herself entirely against him, other than to get a oxygen mask so that she wouldn't breath in those toxins, as those had been the downfall of her fight with him. But still, she knew next to nothing about him, and if she wanted to be prepared to encounter him again, she needed to learn more.

That night though, she did find a troubled homeless man, who seemed overwhelmed and distress - not in the typical way some homeless people were. Approaching the man, she crouched down to his level, showing she meant to harm towards him "Excuse me sir, are you alright?" she tried talking to him.

~

It took a while until Shayera had enough time and things were calm enough in her own city for her to be able to leave it for a bit. But after about another week or two things were relaxed enough, and Shayera had continued to keep in contact with Renee she considered stopping by.

Hawkman was busy preparing for his conference the following day, so he'd be available should something happen nearby. After letting him know, she decided she'd pay Renee a visit, as it had been a while since they last saw her. Texting her first though, she wanted to let Renee know first before just suddenly showing up. 'I've got some free time finally. Is that offer of your cooking still open?'

"Get away from me!" He screeched, while the other men by the fire just shook their heads.
"He's crazy lady, ain't no use in helping him. He won' eat, won' sleep, just stays there crying."One of the men explained, rubbing his hands over the fire barrel.
"Yeah, found him in the river, half dead when wes pulled him up. We think he got some brain damage or sumthin'." Another joined in.

Renee didn't respond right away, but when she did she told the winged warrior that it certaintly was.
'Course! Got a preference?' Granted, Renee wasn't a chef but she could always learn something real quick if she needed to.

Holo blinked a bit when he started to scream and freak out, and she frowned as she looked at the man. She opened her mouth to speak again but heard other people calling over to her. She glanced over to them before back at the cowering man on the ground. She sighed a bit, before standing back up straight and walking over to the group by the fire.

"Did you know him before you found him in the river?" she asked, wondering how he got in the river and if he'd been missing, for how long. As well as if they knew him, they'd know if he'd always been that way or if something had changed him. She continued on to her more important question "Any of you heard of a guy going by the name of Scarecrow around here? Wears an ugly burlap mask?"

~

Shayera waited until she got the okay from Renee before she would actually start heading over to her town. She wasn't expecting her to say no, unless she was otherwise busy with something else, and as predicted, the woman was welcoming her over. Shayera smiled a bit, and after letting Katar know she was heading out, she left. Not that he probably heard her much, since he was so focused on his work and preparing for the conference.

As she flew towards Renee's home, she got another text, and smiled a bit 'I'm not picky, Anything is fine with me. I'm on my way over now, see you in a couple hours' she responded, before continuing her flight.

"Doesn't ring a bell, but we fished the guy's wallet out, and he had one of those lawyer cards. Masson and Crawley." The man said, while he had said wallet he didn't want to cough it up because it was apparent he took the money that had once been inside.
One of the other patrons frowned, thinking for a moment. "I might've heard something like that. Just that he comes out at nights and kidnaps people. That's it though..."
'See you' Renee responded. She wondered if she should tell her then, or just let it slide.
She started to cook around 6, making some beef stew. Her room mates weren't home so thankfully it'd just be the two of them.
Eventually Renee texted back. 'Backdoors open. Come right on in.' And when Shayera DID come in, she'd be greeted with a pleasant smell of food cooked just for her.

She sighed a bit as they didn't seem to know the criminal, though one did think he might have heard of him. Though they still didn't seem confident about their information, so who knows if it was who she was looking for. Hearing they found the mans wallet though, she grew more curious, mentally writing down that lawyer firm in her head, before asking another question "Was there an ID in the wallet?" she asked. She could care less about the money in it or what the guy did with it, knowing he likely took whatever was of value.

Holo didn't stay around much longer, and with the little information she had gathered, left the men alone as she headed on her way. She didn't stay out too much longer, and before long, had finally headed home. The following days she continued to try and gather what information she could about Scarecrow, though she hadn't gotten very far. Eventually Friday rolled around, and Lillian had to shift her attention to getting ready for her date that evening.

~

After a little while, Shayera had arrived in the town, and even though she'd only been there once before, it didn't take her long to find the house that she had been looking for. She was about to text Renee that she was there, before seeing she already had another one sent from her, telling her to just come on in when she got there. She headed to the backdoor like the text said, before landing on the ground just before it.

She paused a moment, wondering if it was really okay for her to just walk in. She knocked on the door first, to at least announce her arrival, before taking a few steps inside "Renee?" she called.

"Yah, here it is..." He fumbled in his dusty, dirty coat for a moment to pull out the worn ID. He watched vacantly as Holo left, wondering just all she was on about.

Friday evening Crane was already up. He had ran some tests, and his subjects had all died. So naturally, after his date tonight he'd have to find some more. Dressed formally for his date he sent a reminder text. 'Meet you at the resturant at 7!'
It was mostly just to make sure she wasn't late, if Crane was on time then he felt she should be too.
When the sha heard the knock Renee practicaly jumped up from the couch, where she had bene resting upon. Food was ready, she had just been waiting for Shayera to come. Looking over at the woman her tail wagged wildly, "Hey! You came." She sat on her tail, a bit embarassed that it gave her excitement away.

As that evening came around, Lillian had gotten herself dressed up nicely for the date and ready. While she was getting ready she got a text from him and smiled a bit before responding 'Can't wait :)' she replied, her way of acknowledging his text and confirming that she would see him then. And while the text was meant to be cute and flirty, she honestly was looking forward to the date.

Before long, it was nearing seven and Lillian was on her way to the restaurant. She arrived at at 6:53, where she headed inside to wait for him, since the sun had since set and the dark evening chilled the air. She didn't think she'd have to wait long, since Johnny seemed to be the punctual and put-together type of guy.

~

As Shayera entered the home slowly, she called out by the back doorway for Renee, looking for her. Hearing her voice, she followed it, feeling a bit awkward entering the unfamiliar home alone, but as she rounded the corner where she saw Renee, she smiled a bit "Hey" she greeted, before her eyes fell on the motion of her tail, to which Renee seemed quick to sit on in attempts of hiding and stopping it.

Shayera hadn't missed Renee's clear excitement though, and couldn't help but giggle a bit in amusement. "Well of course I came, I told you I was on my way didn't I?" she pointed out with a smile as she entered the room.

He arrived just a few minutes after she did, looking firm and proper. He looked delighted to see she was already here -- he had, afterall, looked forward to this date and he was also glad she wasn't late. It was a pet peeve of his, people who were late.
"My, you look lovely this evening. I hope you didn't have to wait too long for me." He said, sitting down across from her.
Renee was blushing, though it was hard to tell because she had fur.
"Well, yes, yes you did." She agreed, smiling back as Shayera entered the room. She stood back up and motioned to the table. "Food's ready, I'll set it out. Would you like something to drink?" She asked, grabbing some plates from the kitchen.

Lillian had kept herself busy as she scrolled through her phone before she heard his familiar voice and she looked up, smiling a bit as she put her phone away "Thank you. You look rather nice tonight as well" she smiled back at him before shaking her head "Not at all, I only just arrived myself, you're timing is perfect" she said with a smile as their waiter came over now that the both of them were there, handing them menu's and asking for their drinks.

~

Shayera followed Renee's motion towards the table and smiled as she moved towards it "Sure, water is fine with me, thank you" she said as she moved to sit down "The food smells great" she complimented, looking forward to a meal with a friend, especially after the bit of a flight she had to get here.

Crane just ordered water, normally he'd want wine but he had to drive himself back home, so he thought against it. "Well, I try." He tried to be bashful.
"How was your day so far?" He inquired, curious as to how she spent most of her day.
Renee purred loudly, appreciative of the compliments she received. "No problem." She beamed, getting everything sorted and finally handed Shayera a water bottle.
"How was your day? Your flight?" She asked, knowing that it was long and probably tiresome for the winged warrior.

After they ordered their drinks, the waiter left them to their conversing and to look the menus over for what they wanted to eat. After he left she looked back to Crane, smiling a bit at his bashfulness and finding it cute, whether he was genuinely being like that or acting it for the sake of the date. Either way, Lillian found it cute, and she smiled a bit as she shrugged her shoulders a bit at his question "It's been alright. Fridays and weekends in general are pretty calm and slow days for me as far as work goes. How has your day been?"

~

Shayera thanked her when she was handed the water bottle and set it down beside her on the table while looking to Renee as she watched her pull the food out and everything. Once she was joined at the table, she glanced around the room a bit curiously, wondering where her roommates where. Didn't she say she lived with other people? The curiosity momentarily vanished though as Renee asked her about her day and the flight. "Oh, it wasn't bad at all. The weather was perfect for the flight too" she commented.

"Oh, you know the usual. Testing, paperwork, observations. No progress in my studies but it isn't going bad either." He explained, again purposely being vague because he didn't like lying too much, for fear he'd get caught in his lies.
"How is your Monday looking?" He asked, curious to see if she'd like to meet up again for a quick coffee.
Renee watched Shayera look around and blinked for a moment, before she guessed what the other was thinking about.
"They're out at a party. I stayed behind." She explained, taking a bite out of her food. "Worked out well." Renee had a small TV on in the kitchen and she was listening to it for news reports.
"How are you and carter doing?"

She nodded her head a bit as she listened to him, concluding how his research wasn't going badly and she smiled at that "Well, that's good to hear. Research like you're doing takes a lot of patience and hard work, but it pulls off. Though, I'm sure you probably already know that" she said with a smile, glancing up as the waiter arrived with their drinks before asking if they were ready to place their orders. Lillian gave hers, waiting for Crane to give his own before continuing on about his next question.

"Mondays are pretty busy for me, particularly in the mornings. Why, did you have something in mind?" she asked with a smile, sensing that he was asking if she would be free at all.

~

Shayera was curious about the silence in the house and was curious about to ask Renee, but she already seemed to ready through her thoughts and answer before she even had to ask. She smiled a bit, looking to her "I see. Is partying not really your thing? Or did you stay because I was coming? Because I wouldn't have minded postponing coming over if you wanted to go out with them" she said, not know how her relationship with her roommates were and if she had originally wanted to go out with them or anything.

When asked about herself and Carter, she was a bit surprised, since it almost seemed like Renee wasn't asking just casually, but more so about their relationship in particular "Same as always I suppose, why do you ask?"

He looked up at the waitress and smiled charmingly enough. "Potato soup please." He looked back to his lovely female companion, and shrugged. "Well, I was wondering if you had time to grab coffee during lunch, but if you don't we could always do it another day." He added, trying to see if this was going well and if she'd still like to see more of him.
"I stayed because you wanted to come. " She answered flatly, "And it's okay. I'm young, aren't I? My lifespan is a lot longer than a human's, so I'll have plenty of years to party." She laughed, nervously as Shayera asked about Renee's questions.
"I'm just curious, that's all." She insisted, taking another bite. She looked down at her food and then looked over to Shayera. "Is the food okay?"

She thought about the offer, nodding her head in agreement "I should have some time around noon if that works for you. It's when I have my lunch break" she suggested. Monday's were usually one of her busier days with clients because it was just after the weekend, and while her weekends were pretty free except for occasional emergency appointments, the beginning of the work week was busy because of the fact it was the start of the week. But she had some time for a coffee break with him, and the fact she enjoyed his company.

~

When Renee told her the truth that the reason she stayed was because of her, Shayera felt a bit guilty, as though she was intruding on time Renee may have wanted to spend otherwise. She could have come another time. It was rare for Shayera and Katar to have people who actually wanted to spend time with them, so Shayera didn't want to end up ruining the time she got to hang out with Renee by being more of a bother than anything. After her assurance though, Shayera felt a little better, and smiled a bit with a nod " I suppose you're right" she agreed as she continued to eat "And the food is great" she complimented with a smile.

"I shall make time. I do get to have a bit of control in my schedule, even when it's just an hour or two of leenway." Well, also because his test subjects were chained to the wall involuntarily. They had no real say in his schedule, aside from having to replace them.
"Awesome. I don't cook much so I was worried it was bad." She chuckled. Her attention was pulled to the TV, where there was a special news bulletin about an attack downtown. Renee looked back to Shayera. "I hate to ask but could you...?" Her armor was not with her, she couldn't help lest risk being gunned down.

She smiled happily when he said that he'd be able to make time for around then to meet up with her for coffee "That sounds great then, I enjoy being with you" she spoke honestly. Little did she know that he was actually the man causing her such troubles in the more criminal world.

~

Shayera smiled a bit and shook her head "Don't be worried, it's quite good. I wouldn't have been able to tell that you hardly cook had you not told me" she spoke, before she heard an announcement on the television that caught her attention before Renee even asked her to. She looked back to her and smiled "Well, what would be a worthwhile trip without some thugs to knock around?" she joked lightly, showing she had no problem going to take care of the problem "I'll be back before dinner is even cold" she said as she got up from the table. Well, perhaps not that quickly.

Crane warmly smiled. When their food arrived he leaned back in his chair slightly. "How has your own work been going?" He asked, hoping to keep her talking. He was unaware of who she was, which was god for everyone in this room as he'd tear apart the whole place trying to subdue her.

Renee's face was sullen and worried. "Be careful, you don't know what you're up aganst." She was quite concerned for Shayera. On the TV the news report seemed to escalated as a building crumbled from a fire. Shayera needed to leave now before the casulties rose.

As their food arrived and he asked about her own work, she shrugged her shoulders slightly "It's been going fine I suppose. Nothing any different than usual really" she spoke as she picked up her fork now that their food had arrived and she began eating. Dinner was quite nice and peaceful, and the two of them continued to talk, either about work or whatever else, and they actually seemed to get to know each other a bit more. Well, so they both felt, though neither knew the truth behind the other still of course.

~

After Shayera got up and was about to head out, she smiled a bit at Renee's warning and just nodded her head "I"ll be fine" she assured her before she left the house, and quickly headed off in the direction of the commotion. It didn't take more than a minute to get there, flying quickly and with her mace in hand, she quickly went to work, first making sure no innocent civilians or anyone were left in the building, and getting anyone left out quickly, before turning her attention to the culprit.

Last edited:
Once they finished Crane leaned back in his chair, feeling stuff and full. He would have to leave soon, take a nap and go out hunting for new subjects.
"Well, I really enjoyed myself tonight. I hope you have as well?" He asked, trying to pegg and see if he had been a good dinner companion or not.
Shayera would find the culprit right as she turned the corner, as a man dressed like a cirucs' ringmaster aimed a gun at her and it shot a fireball at her.
"NO!" He screamed angrily, "You're not te one I want!!" He stamped his feet down as if he was having a tantrum. "Where is Typhoon?" He shot a few more rounds at her, missing each time a little less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back