• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom DC Universe RP

He had found his paper, it was the scrap he used to record the data of his victims. He turned around to go back to the chamber, there he'd look at her and write in her details, height, build (he didn't have a weight scale), age, gender, and all that good stuff. He tried to pluck similar women to make the results and testing more authentic, but then again kidnappers couldn't be choosers.
When he looked inside Holo's cell and found it empty, his heart gave a start.
"Escaped!" He shrieked unhappily.
"I don't think he brought his phone on his flight." She said truthfully, because the way the call had ended it sounded like Katar had dropped everything to start flying.
She knelt beside Shayera's bed, laying her head down near the foot of it. "I'm so sorry that I asked you to do this, I didn't think this would happen." She admitted, in fact, she had been hoping there would be no emergancy at all.

Lillian thankfully managed to escape before he had found her, and as she was on her way out she heard his cry of anger when he realized she had escaped. As much as she wanted to stick around to investigate the place more, she knew she wasn't in the shape to right now. Even though the fear toxin had worn off, she was weak, and tired still from it and the fight. She figured it'd be best if she could escape now, and figure out where this building was for future reference. It would be better if she could come back another time with full strength, and fully prepared.

~

Shayera cursed a bit under her breath when Renee said Hawkman likely didn't have his phone on him. That hothead...she probably shouldn't have even let him find out in the first place. She should have known he'd come. And it wasn't that she didn't want him to, persay, but more so didn't want to hassle him, or have him thinking she couldn't handle taking care of herself or anything. She sighed to herself, hearing Renee's words of apology "Don't" she spoke softly, opening her eyes to force a smile through her pain for Renee "He still got locked up. So it wasn't all for nothing. Plus, I wanted to help. I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't prepared for a fight. So don't blame yourself."

Quickly Crane raced down the hallway, trying to find her. He slammed his fist against a sign that had the "Apex" logo on it. "Dammit!" He cursed to himself.
"Girl! Where are you? I'm losing my temper for tonight!!" He screeched unplesantly, it wasn't often he lost his cool, but now he was stressed. He couldn't have her escape and know where he worked.
"Do you want some beer?" Renee offered, changing the subject. They still had a little while before Katar returned. "I have budwiser or wine coolers." She wasn't sure what Shayera would like, she looked more like a wine type of gal, something Renee didn't particularly care for herself.

Lilly could only use her powers so much for a limited period of time, especially depending on how much she used them. Such as now, when she turned her entire body passable, it would take more out of her. She could hear Scarecrow calling angrily out for her, and could hear the panic in his voice. She didn't listen of course, and as much as the hero in her told her to fight and win, she knew she had to get out of there, and so that's exactly what she did. She managed to easily avoid Scarecrow by passing through walls and rooms, and finally, found her way to the ground level and out of the building, quickly running down the street and away.

~

Hearing Renee's offer of a drink, she smiled a bit appreciatively, but just shook her head, though, instantly regretted it as she grimaced in pain at the movement she caused "Ah...no, thank you" she let out a slow breath as she tried to calm herself and the pain from the movement she'd just done "I think...I'll just lay here and rest a bit....if that's okay with you..." she spoke softly as she tried to relax, and mentally will the pain away by ignoring it. That was easier thought than done though.

Crane searched for hours and hours, until he calmed down and realized his game was lost. He sat down at his desk for a moment, dry and sullen before he scrambled up. "Crap." He had to move locations, fast. He wasn't sure if the girl was still injured but he couldn't risk her finding him unprepared.
"Right, of course. I'll leave you be. I'll be back when katar returns." She told the other woman softly, thinking it best to go wait outside. She left the room and sat down on the porch, looking up at the sky with a sigh.

It would be 2 hours before Katar arrived, and he prompted landed in front of Renee with a grim look on his face. "Where is Hawkgirl?" He demanded to know, not his usual polite self.
Renee raised a brow, a bit intimated by him. "In the shack." with that, Katar stormed off into the shack, opening the door swiftly.

As Lilly made it back to her own place, she made sure to memorize the location of that building. She knew there was a chance that Scarecrow might try to cover things up and move or something now that she'd been there and escaped, but she also still needed to be careful, and couldn't just rush back out there. Thankfully, Lilly usually had the weekend days off unless there was some sort of emergency or something, which, thankfully for here, this weekend there wasn't, so she was able to rest and recover herself as the weekend passed.

~

Shayera gave a light nod to her, though hardly moved her head for fear it would just cause another ripple of intense pain. As Renee left her to rest, Shayera closed her eyes and tried to do just that, rest. It was a lot harder to do though, as she couldn't get comfortable, and she just kept wondering when this pain would go away. Thankfully, after about a half hour the painkillers had kicked in, numbing the pain so it at least wasn't as intense. Hearing the door quickly opening she opened her eyes seeing Hawkman, sighing softly "Thank you for coming, but you really shouldn't have."

Crane put on a fresh batch of coffee, shot whatever victim he had in a chamber with a pistol and started to box things up. He wouldn't rest, only occasionally stopping for breath and coffee, but by 9 AM he had everything boxed up. He slumped in his chair, not sure how he could move them. Should he just hire descret movers to gut everything? Where would he put it all?
He remembered you could rent storage. That'd have to do. He spent an hour calling a storage facility, paying them handsomely before he went out into the streets, dressed as regular crane.
He came upon a group of men playing basketball not too far away.
"Hello. I have a buisness offer for you." He said to the men, who paused their game to surround Crane. "I need items moved, if you could, with your own vehicles, move them to my storage I'll pay each of you 200 dollars, but I'd need it done right now."
The men, obviously, took the offer.
Crane was out of the building entirely by 1 P.M., all that was left was the dead woman's body in the basement, which he had hid from the movers.
Hawkman's eyes softened when he saw her, he studied her body and then went to stroke her face. "I shouldn't have let you come." He said, mostly to himself. He thought it was his fault, sometimes, although he would never admit it, he thought himself as Shayera's sole guardian, she NEEDED him to be safe. "Can you fly? We need to get you home."
He wouldn't let Shayera wander out of state alone again.

Lillian spent that Saturday trying to recover herself. She typically went out on the weekends as Holo, sometimes during the day even, but today Lillian didn't do that. She did go for a walk as herself, simply Lillian, however, to look around the area from last night, though acting like she was just out for a stroll. She didn't have enough of her strength back yet to preform as well as she could as Holo if she ended up in a serious fight.

~

Looking to her husband, she knew that Hawkman was just trying to protect her and cared, and that's why, but sometimes it annoyed her how he could baby her in a way, like she couldn't do anything on her own. Sighing, she closed her eyes momentarily "If I could fly I think I would be on my way home right now" she pointed out with a shake of her head "Don't you have that conference meeting tomorrow? You should have stayed home to prepare and rest for it. I'm fine, and Renee is taking perfectly good care of me."

'Good Morning. ' Crane texted his intersted woman around noon. 'How has your day been so far?' His back was all sorts of sore and he didn't want to do anything but sleep all day, but he figured he might as well text Lilllian before he took a nice, long nap.

--- -
"By putting you in a shack?" He pointed out ,though looking around Renee had clearly taken the time to make it more liveable, it looked like a very tiny apartment now.
"Can you stand? I could carry you... " he shook his head when the conference was mentioned. "No, it's not important." At least he was concerned about Shayera, at the very least.

Walking around the streets she had been on last night, she tried to look as innocent, and inconspicuous as possible. If anyone asked and caught on that she was looking for something, she would just say her cat ran away, and being a young female who seemed clueless and not like a threatening or fighting type at all, so people easily bought it without a question. She found the building with that familiar name 'Apex', however, she had to move suddenly as she noticed people moving boxes around. She frowned a bit, furrowing her brows as several young teenagers were hauling boxes off somewhere. Emptying the place? She wasn't surprised....it probably had to do with her being there and escaping. For now she knew there was nothing she could do about it, so she didn't intervene. Heading back home, her phone went off and she smiled seeing a text from Johhny, to where she responded. 'Morning yourself. It's been a pretty uneventful day, how about for you?'

~

Shayera sighed a bit, though she couldn't argue with his words, considering his opinion of the shed was pretty similar to her own when she first saw it. At least he wasn't seeing it the first time like she had though, this was a big improvement since then, and a lot better in Shayera's opinion. She knew he was probably lying about the conference not being important for her own well-being, she knew how much he enjoyed his human job and lifestyle here on earth. When he asked about her moving, she shifted to try and sit up, clearly struggling a bit and in pain as she sat up "It hurts to move at all...I'm not sure I could make it back home right now."

'The same, unfortunately.' He lied, he was lying in his bed now having taken some pain killers. He recalled Holo mocking him for not being very athletic, while that had stinged his pride right now he thought it was very true.
'Should've paid more attention in gym. ' He thought bitterly.
'Got any plans for today?' He added to his text.
Catar looked down and his shoulders slumped. He couldn't find another way to transport her either. Well, if he couldn't move her then he'd stay with her.
He sat down, leaning against a small chair Renee had. "I'm staying here with you."

Displaced from her own living area Renee lit up a cigarette, watching the stars. Perhaps she'd have to sleep on the couch afterall.

As she walked back to her place, she knew she was likely losing her biggest lead to Scarecrow. But right now she there wasn't much she could do about it, thinking bitterly to herself. Looking back ti her phone as she got another reply from Johnny, she responded as she unlocked her apartment and headed inside. 'Nothing too much. My weekends are usually days off, so I might take the time to clean up my apartment' she responded, setting her phone down on the counter in the kitchen as she got herself a glass of water, sighing to herself and wondering her chances of running into Scarecrow again now that it seemed he was moving his location. She doubted he was closing down, but more likely just relocating.

~

Shayera didn't miss the slump of his shoulders at the realization he couldn't get her home right now. Watching as he moved to sit while saying he would stay, she glanced back to the door of the shed, wondering where Renee had gone. With Katar here now it didn't surprise her that she might have wandered off to herself, though she did feel a bit bad. "You don't have to stay Katar" she suggested, though at the same time he did just fly all the way here for her, so she didn't want to just shoo him back home.

'Same. Perhaps we can meet up again this weekend? Something light?' He wasn't sure if he felt like dining at a restaurant, his funds would quite honestly be low from all of the moving and bribing he had to do for now.
'A picnic?' He added as a suggestion.
= = =
Katar looked down at her, he forgot his wallet back home (a gross lack of foresight on his part) and well, he couldn't really demand space here.
"I'll be calling, regularly." He told her, while he couldn't stay, he WOULD absolutely be informed how she was doing. He leaned down to plant a kiss on her lips, and slowly with his hand he brushed the side of her face tenderly. He hated this. He hated that she was injured and that he couldn't take her home or stay by her side.

Lillian was glad that Johnny seemed interested in her, since she likewise was interested in him as well. She was glad that they two of them had started to hang out at first, which then turned into the couple of dates they'd had now. She smiled a bit, seeing his suggestion of a picnic. 'A picnic? I didn't peg you as the romantic type' she responded with a light tease 'But that sounds good to me. Tomorrow?' she responded, since today was Saturday and it was already getting a bit late for a nice picnic.

~

When Katar seemed to think a bit more logically about the situation and everything, and seemed to give in to the idea of going back home without her, since there wasn't much he could do for her here anyways so he might as well relax back home and prepare for work. She gave him a light nod when he said he'd be calling regularly "Of course" she agreed, not at all surprised or bothered by it, kissing him back lightly before he pulled away again, him clearly seeming reluctant to leave "I'm sure I'll be able to fly back home before you know it" She assured him.

'Sounds good. ' Jonathan sent that, pausing for a moment. 'And I'd argue pic's aren't neccesarily romantic. They are, very calming and delightful. ' He, despite his pale complexion and the need to stay indoors a lot because of his work, enjoyed the outdoors in short bursts.
= = =
He grumbled, clearly, despite it being the ONLY option, was not an option he was actually fond of!
"Do you need anything? Before I go? Food, water?" He looked around and noted the minifridge and blankets atop of Shayera, it seemed the host, Renee, had been taking good care of her.
Despite knowing that, Carter mentally still thought Shayera needed him.

Lilly didn't see how a picnic date wasn't romantic, though regardless either way she didn't care nor mind if it was or wasn't. But in her opinion picnics weren't really a thing of the modern day anymore, more of a relaxed, old fashioned type of date, since nowadays most people were caught up either fancy restaurant dates or the likes. 'The weather should be really nice tomorrow, so it works well. Should we meet somewhere like we have been doing, or one of us pick the other up?' she asked.

~

Shayera was well aware Katar didn't seem to like the fact of leaving her alone, even though she tried to assure him she would be fine without him. It wasn't really a concept that Katar believed in. As he continued to try and make sure if he could do something for her, she shook her head lightly "I'm alright for now. I think I'm just going to try and get some rest" she said, since she figured that's really the only thing she could do right now to really help her body heal and everything.

"I can pick you up." He wouldn't let her pick him up, not for any solid reason just that he was paranoid about his white lies and all of that. 'Give me your address? What time works for you?' He would hope it'd be in the early evening, because he didn't want to deal with the traffic during lunch hour. But that was just him being picky!
= = =
Finally, Katar left. He had chatted with Shayera a bit more and finally said his goodbyes, but didn't bother to greet or say goodbye to Renee, but that didn't bother her much. Slowly, the young woman returned to her shed, looking at Shayera.
"You good? I can leave you now if you'd like." Unlike Katar, she was acutely aware that Shayera was tired and probably wanted to be left alone.

OOC: Renee's leopard form

Attachments

• fuckleopardsmurr.png
    fuckleopardsmurr.png
    640.7 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back