• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dark Wings, Dark Words (OPEN and Accepting)

Jabroni

We are currently OPEN and accepting new characters (see below).

ADOsAj0.jpg

The king is dead! Some say it was the pox that consumed him. Others say poison. No matter the cause, the lords of the Seven Kingdoms receive a raven from King's Landing requesting they attend the royal funeral. Others might hear about it and head that way for various reasons not withstanding. King Harald's eldest son is not but ten-and-five years old, so power currently rests in the hands of the Queen Regent, Meralith Tully. Power will transfer to her son on his next name day, which happens to be in six months (299 AC). She has been described by her peers as pious and good-natured if not gullibly so. What this means for the realm, who can tell? One thing remains certain as ever in everyone's mind - winter is coming...

OOC:

When the RP starts, we'll give it a couple weeks for people to get their characters made and enter their opening posts. From there, everyone can begin to unravel intrigue plots and war plans as they scheme their way around.

Roles: See the link below for information about the different houses. I take no credit for this at all, as the spreadsheet was compiled by @Hypnos in an RP I participated in years ago.

ASOIAF - Troops

Royal Family:

Queen Regent - Meralith Tully ( Jabroni Jabroni )
Heir to the Iron Throne (age 15) - Cedrick Arryn Jabroni Jabroni
Siblings and Relatives -
Great Houses:

Lord/Lady of Winterfell, Warden of the North - Bryant Stark ( Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford )
Lord/Lady Paramount of the Mander, Highgarden, Warden of the South -
Lord/Lady of the Eyrie, Warden of the East -
Lord/Lady of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West -
  • Petran Lannister (Youngest Son of Casterly Rock) Darth Darth
Prince/Princess of Dorne, Sunspear - Ellaria Martell ( Silvertongue Silvertongue )
Lord/Lady Paramount of the Trident, Riverrun -
Lord/Lady Paramount of the Stormlands, Storm's End -
Lord/Lady of the Iron Islands, Pyke - Reynir Greyjoy ( wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta )

Vassals:

[Many Different Possibilities]

Targaryens:

The Banished (Dragonstone) -

Visenya Targaryen Silvertongue Silvertongue

Characters from Essos:

[Many Different Possibilities]

Brief History:

Sixteen years ago, Harald's Rebellion (282-283 AC) struck the killing blow on House Targaryen. Harald Arryn raised his banners in revolt against King Aerys II, whose deteriorating mental state had destabilized the realm. He rode south of the Vale with all his power and was supported by House Stark, House Martell and [Enter House Names Here] at the Battle of the Trident. Loyalist forces led by Prince Baelyx Targaryen and supported by [Enter House Names Here] outnumbered the rebels but were inexperienced. Fierce fighting took a toll on both sides and it seemed the battle would rage on for days. However, during the chaos, Prince Baelyx was struck down by a Stark bannerman and the battle quickly turned sides. King's Landing eventually found itself besieged and later sacked by uprisers, signalling an end to the conflict.

All members of House Targaryen who survived the Sack were either forced to join the Night's Watch or banished to the island of Dragonstone. Dragonstone's liege lord was entrusted to keep the peace by ensuring their lifelong confinement. Many lords protested against this decision, but King Harald led the rebellion and had Targaryen blood in him. "I will not slay mine own kin. It is unjust and a great offense to the Will of the Seven," he said. "Show me a man who would slaughter innocent babes at their mothers' breast, and I shall challenge him to a trial by combat." When no one dared accept his challenge, King Harald's decree was final.

Shortly after the end of Harald's Rebellion, Lord Vickon Greyjoy launched another revolt in an attempt to declare independence for the Iron Islands. Their reaver parties, while initially successful in surprising coastal defenses, were ultimately smashed along the straits of Fair Isle. What was left of the Iron Fleet withdrew back to Pyke where a brutal siege resulted in the end of hostilities. Lord Vickon was forced to bend the knee to King Harald and swear fealty a second time.

What Kind of King?

King Harald was not loved by all, this is true. He butted heads with his lords on several issues such as raising taxes to pay off the Iron Bank of Braavos and forbidding trade of any kind with Slavers Bay. When it came to matters at home, he had no intention of stripping families from their homes or seizing lands from commonfolk, even if it benefitted the Crown. Based on these tendencies, one could say Harald was a populist and capable Master of Coin in his own right. However, on a personal level he has been described as brash and unmoving. He insulted more often than he praised and that is why some whisper "His Bitterness" or "High Horse Harald" behind closed doors. Some even go as far to say he loved the Targaryens more than his own people and broke his oath by siring multiple children with one of Aerys' daughters on Dragonstone. For now these are all accusations but if found true would reveal a horrible scandal.

Character Sheets

OOC Discussion

Rules

1. Disagreements should be handled in the OOC chat or private message. If parties are unable to agree, I'll make a final decision.
2. Targaryens can only start out on Dragonstone or the Wall.
3. Magic users like red priests and wargs will be nerfed. What they can do will be similar to parlor tricks, having minimal impact on the world around them.
4. Player-Versus-Player (PVP) is decided by those involved. Refer to Rule #1 when handling this.
5. One (1) post per week requirement. It doesn't have to be fancy - one (1) paragraph minimum to show at least some effort was put in.
6. Last but not least, we're here to enjoy ourselves! Try to keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Yoo, count me in! I have an idea for a Stark. Either I'm going to play a Ned Stark esque guy, or I'll actually play a Starl bastard that was legitimized, as he was the one to strike the Prince down, and took his late father's place.

Interested! Playing someone Dornish could be very fun or a sibling to the heir.

So many possibilities.

Last edited:
Yoo, count me in! I have an idea for a Stark. Either I'm going to play a Ned Stark esque guy, or I'll actually play a Starl bastard that was legitimized, as he was the one to strike the Prince down, and took his late father's place.

Interested! Playing someone Dornish could be very fun or a sibling to the heir.

So many possibilities.

interested! toying with ideas for someone from the iron isles >.>

Glad to see there's some interest! The character sheet is now up for anyone who wants in.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Silvertongue Silvertongue wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

I'd be interested in this!

Not too sure on the specifics, but I'd be partial to a Lannister or a Targaryen. (Is there a GM preference for balance?)

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford - hello rusty, long time no see

I'd be interested in this!

Not too sure on the specifics, but I'd be partial to a Lannister or a Targaryen. (Is there a GM preference for balance?)

You are more than welcome to take either role, or one of each if you feel so inclined. Just keep in mind if you decide on Targaryens then you will be chained to one location for quite awhile. Either you're a member of the Night's Watch or a "ward" (hostage, really) of Dragonstone.

I’m Down

Awesome! Feel free to head down to the character sheets. Let me know if you have any questions.

Well it was having a character who was a bastard son to the king thrown aside kinda thing

I can definitely see that happening. King Harald may have been "just" for the most part, but was he honorable? Your character could shine a light on what really went on behind the scenes. I can imagine Meralith - if she knew about him - wouldn't be very happy about it. Or if it was kept a secret...hmm.

i have released the kraken

tumblr_ljobdkJDXW1qawe8so1_500.gif

What is dead may never die!

I can definitely see that happening. King Harald may have been "just" for the most part, but was he honorable? Your character could shine a light on what really went on behind the scenes. I can imagine Meralith - if she knew about him - wouldn't be very happy about it. Or if it was kept a secret...hmm.

What is dead may never die!
He could owo

Can I still join?

Absolutely! There are still plenty of spots.

This looks cool how alt history can we go from the books or show?

That depends on what you have in mind. You can pretty much change the entire family trees of any house, but I'd like to keep those names intact (Stark, Lannister, Tyrell, etc). So far what's set in stone is:

1. King Aerys II went mad and killed a bunch of people with wildfire.
2. Greyjoy Rebellion happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back