• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

typically_unusual

Magic Eight Ball
Hi everyone!
So, I'm new to the site, please excuse my terrible formatting or ignorance of etiquette. I'll get my footing eventually.

🌻

Me: I'm Row (a nickname), you can call me that or whatever else takes your fancy. It's been a big old while since I've actually put a post out looking for an RP, I'm more of a lurker who exists in the shadows and sends sporadic DMs when I'm inspired by a post. Roleplaying on and off for at least six years, I'm pretty experienced and would consider myself literate. I'm an adult at the grand old age of 24. In terms of how I RP, I try to post as frequently as possible and will keep you updated on how often I can, as and when it changes. I write what the RP requires. I hate when I feel like I have to push out paragraphs of nothingness because of a partner's expectations and I also just can not cut myself off when I'm on a tangent - so my replies will vary in length. No one liners though, don't worry. I prefer to write in third, past tense. I don't play canon characters, I like to build a character from scratch and have boundless fun (or misery) with them and so I find canon characters kind of restrict that. I can RP here, in PMs, Discord or Google Docs. I like OOC chat, I love getting to know the person I'm writing with, but I'm not always available for really in depth conversations so I'll pre-apologise for that. I usually play female characters because I'm A LOT better at writing them than males, but I'm not against being persuaded to try. Any pairings are fine with me, any gendered character you wish to play is fine by me. I'm a supporter of the LGBTQ+ community so no worries there. I'm ghost friendly, no questions asked. Life happens, I have no expectations and you don't have to feel a second of guilt for discontinuing an RP with me. Saying that though, if it's because you genuinely aren't enjoying the role, if you're up for it, let me know. I want you to enjoy any RP we enter into as much as me, so I hope you'll trust me enough to work with you to change it so you can. I don't really have any limits, in a darker scenario a lot of themes make sense, they MUST make sense though. I won't RP anything dark that doesn't fit.

You: This isn't who you should be, just a little specification so you don't find yourself messaging me/replying to this post when we really wouldn't gel. However, my one requirement is that you be 18+, anyone above 21 is preferred, but at least be an adult. Please put effort into your posts, I love looking forward to reading what I receive and I can really tell when someone is on a roll writing. Don't be a dick, I'm a tolerant person and I'd like the people I RP with to be the same, I 100% will not stand for any prejudice or nastiness. OOC is not a dealbreaker, but please communicate with me when you need to. Come to me with your ideas!!!! Nothing better than finding an absolute gem of an idea because my partner has suggested something.

🌻

My ideas: So...I don't have any set in stone plots but I do have ideas, tropes and themes I'm feeling. Most involve dynamics that would be dark or complex and that's what I love about them. We can use any world, one we build together is fine by me! I have to be honest, I love romance, so I'd really like if it was an underpinning factor. Though, it's not required (but pls romance, you know?). All of the following are ideas I'm interested in, but I'm always open to others. I'll try anything once and fail at it twice.

Potential pairings:
Vampire/Surgeon, doctor
Mafia or gang related individual/Police officer, police officer's child (of adult age)
Detective/Criminal
A.I/Scientist
Apocalyptic survivor/Agent of the apocalypse (one of the four horseman, a demon, whatever fits really)
Angel, Mortal/ Demon, Mortal
Defence Lawyer/Prosecution
Scream type masked killer/Potential victim
Villain/Hero (I know, I know. It could be fun though)
Pirate/Poor lil person stranded at sea, a castaway
Therapist, Psychiatric Doctor/Patient (There could be manipulation on both sides of the road here, it'd be an interesting one)
Hostage Taker/Hostage
King or Queen/Servant
Prince(ss)/Thief or Pauper

Themes/Tropes:
Horror
Action
Thriller
Mystery
Fantasy
Romance
Slice of Life
Apocalypse
Gang/Mafia
War (Pick one, actual or fictional)
Enemies to lovers
Arranged marriage
Hunter and the hunted dynamic
Bad guy falls for the good guy
Unwilling soulmates
An actual enemy vs. enemy storyline with no real let up

I can do fandoms too, just ask me about your preferred fandom and we'll take it from there.

🌻

This was so long, I'm so sorry, probably missed some stuff. Thank you for reading if you did and I hope some of you are interested in what I have to offer, which is me I guess.

I look forward to hearing from any of you!🌻

Last edited:
Just a lil bump
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Howdy! Just want to start off by saying these are some pretty good dynamics you’ve collected here, particularly fond of Hero x Villain pairings. That being said, perhaps we can expand a little further on that? I’ve been kicking around the idea of a Tech user x Magic user for some time now, but it’s never really taken off in any roleplays. Maybe we could mix that in with your idea?

Also, here’s a bit about this faceless respondent you’ve been humoring. I’m 22 and have been roleplaying since the start of highschool (senior in college now for some context). I’ll usually pump out three paragraphs a post, up to five when the story’s at a pinnacle point. Honestly if it gets too long it kinda of bogs down the pace y’know? I’m a fan of banter, warm hearted jabs, and ridiculous arguments between characters. OOC wise I’m available on discord or pms here, whichever you prefer.

I think that about wraps this up. Again, definitely interested if you’re still accepting. Apologies for the long reply by the way, wanted to cover all the required bases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back