• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D 5e

I'm sure I linked everything I needed to link, building characters is a time involving part of DnD yeah, but it makes you more attached to the char with the amount of work you put in. Besides all of those are really important things to have for your character. 

And multiclassing can be fine, just you will be organizing it on your own, I've never done multiclassing myself. I will look it up if you're going to be doing that, just I personally have no experience with it.

I'm working on the campaign so when everyones characters are 100% then we can set up a day and time, unless we're doing play by post then I can create a new forum post.

I'm sure I linked everything I needed to link, building characters is a time involving part of DnD yeah, but it makes you more attached to the char with the amount of work you put in. Besides all of those are really important things to have for your character. 

And multiclassing can be fine, just you will be organizing it on your own, I've never done multiclassing myself. I will look it up if you're going to be doing that, just I personally have no experience with it.

I'm working on the campaign so when everyones characters are 100% then we can set up a day and time, unless we're doing play by post then I can create a new forum post.

Would you consider a spear to be a monk weapon? It's exactly like a quarterstaff, but it's piercing instead of bludgeoning, and you can throw it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, good to know. One of my previous DMs wouldn't allow it for whatever reason.

That doesn't make any sense, it's a simple weapon so I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. If it was an op flaming spear I could understand, but there's no reason why you can't. I'm quite fair, if you find something cool that you would like to add, I wouldn't mind trying to work with you to allow things. Just ask :)

That doesn't make any sense, it's a simple weapon so I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. If it was an op flaming spear I could understand, but there's no reason why you can't. I'm quite fair, if you find something cool that you would like to add, I wouldn't mind trying to work with you to allow things. Just ask :)

Cool. My previous DM only thought that an unarmed strike was a punch and thought that there was no way to use a spear or quarterstaff and still be able to use unarmed strikes as a bonus action when using one.

Cool. My previous DM only thought that an unarmed strike was a punch and thought that there was no way to use a spear or quarterstaff and still be able to use unarmed strikes as a bonus action when using one.

Yeah no maybe just didn't read through the monk? Idk but I don't see why I wouldn't allow you to do that. You do have proficiency in simple weapons and it does say you can start with any simple weapon, so weird.

Didn't do it with the proposed cs (don't have google+ so far, so that's a slight problem), but it would be appreciated if you could take a look. The background is homebrewed (see the list in the respective sections on what I took there - let me know if it looks alright or if I should change something), and I'm lacking the right deity for my bond. Might be worth taking the one of our cleric... on the other hand, if someone wants to be the helpful hand I relied on, feel free to message me - that way, I would have a reason to be wherever the story starts as well. Background is horribly formulated for the moment, but should indicate the general idea I had. Just noted I forgot a long, dark cloak and usual clothes in my inventory. Any feedback on the character is greatly appreciated, especially the choice of the cantrips and other spells and the choice of attributes.

Unbenannt2.png

Unbenannt1.png

Unbenannt3.png

Didn't do it with the proposed cs (don't have google+ so far, so that's a slight problem), but it would be appreciated if you could take a look. The background is homebrewed (see the list in the respective sections on what I took there - let me know if it looks alright or if I should change something), and I'm lacking the right deity for my bond. Might be worth taking the one of our cleric... on the other hand, if someone wants to be the helpful hand I relied on, feel free to message me - that way, I would have a reason to be wherever the story starts as well. Background is horribly formulated for the moment, but should indicate the general idea I had. Just noted I forgot a long, dark cloak and usual clothes in my inventory. Any feedback on the character is greatly appreciated, especially the choice of the cantrips and other spells and the choice of attributes.

View attachment 164786

View attachment 164788

View attachment 164789

Wow, no offense to everyone else's characters but this one is probably the best.

I just kinda want to know if there is still room before I spend all night making a character

So we're just waiting for everyone to finish up their characters?

I don't think so - there is still a ton of work to do for our dm (thanks for that). The more he has to work with character-wise, the better he can adapt his ideas so that the chars fit in... but in gteneral, there's not much for us players to do atm, at least as long as our dm doesn't need help with something.

Did we already choose whether we'll be writing or skyping/chatting/whatever else? I think the starting day will heavily rely on that, too, since we most likely won't be able to get started in the middle of the week if we choose the latter option.

20160905_054032.jpg

God I worked on this thing all night....... I'm a noob at character creation so lets hope there's room and this is good

Edit: I'm watching a video and fixing stuff

I can't say anything about the stats etc., just something that you should keep in mind: DnD is based on the idea of a group experience, in particular the interaction of the characters. Loners as characters, especially those not following orders, have a tendency to never live to their potential due to a lack of interaction with the others. If you play such a character, make sure that you give him a reason why he won't work alone in the following tasks, why he searches contact of others etc.

Of course, this might be something you already thought of, and in this case don't mind this reminder. Just wanted to note that neither the dm nor the other players can do all that much if your character is only focused on working alone. Instead, you are more likely to run into a situation where the only logical decision might be to leave the party and do what your character did all the time before - work alone.

Edit: Seeing your post count, you probably didn't need this reminder - just read it as a note for others...

I know this but because of her bio is about losing her parents and being very reserved in her orpanage which due to some events no longer is here made her more of the loner type. More like she is a loner but if you knock some sense into her or have someone she would trust talk to her about that would get the point around but most of her life she was a loner but she still has common sense were sticking with someone in a BAD situation is better then alone. Also as the Edit said I am fixing some stuff and finishing her bio.

Also as the Edit said I am fixing some stuff and finishing her bio.

I'm aware that there is much more thought behind this than just a few sentences can include - just read the word "loner" and got a bit worried for a moment. It might be worth having at least one person in the group who already falls under the "trustworthy" category for your character, then. Other than that, our dm will hopefully provide a plot that gives you a reason to be there in the first place, and everything else will fall into place as time goes on.

Did we already choose whether we'll be writing or skyping/chatting/whatever else? I think the starting day will heavily rely on that, too, since we most likely won't be able to get started in the middle of the week if we choose the latter option.

I believe we more or less decided to use a voice chat/text chat, for when we start this up.  I couldn't tell you what day we'd be starting, but @Meredith had a pretty good idea where we would start at 9:00 pm GMT (So for Ender, Meredith and I that would be 5:00 pm and for Crom that would be 4:00 pm) because that's Sol's timeline and it's pretty far ahead of ours.  I don't know what your time zone is Silanon, but we could probably work it into that timeframe.

I'd like to hop in, if that's okay. I'm new to D&D aside from spectating Pathfinder but I can probably find out most of what I don't already know easily enough.
Character Sheet available Soon™

Users who are viewing this thread

Back