• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D 5e

I don't have a problem with starting later this month.  As for characters I believe that Crom and I both have barbarians, Ender is a monk, you are our sorceress, and Meredith would be our ranger.  Sunstone is still working on his cleric cs and Sol. hasn't yet confirmed if Blu3 will be joining us.  If he is allowed, I think we should either let in one more person before closing applications or just close them.  If he isn't allowed I'd say just close the applications.

@Blu3 It does seem we already have 7 player slots, I'm afraid I can't run a game for any larger, considering quite a few are new players to dnd as well I'm not too confident in managing a game for so many people. Sorry about that!

@Cheesemick To confirm you're still playing your Warlock? What time and date would suit you?

@Sol. Yes I'ed love to play a warlock! Whenever we can get my character sheet ready ^^' sorry for bothing you with that .

Sorry guys! I've been working

I'll get back to everyone about their characters when I come back from work. But how about we set up for this Saturday for our first session? If we do a mix of teamspeak/discord and in chat roleplaying that way those that don't have mics/don't want to share their voice can still take part.

If we set up for about 9pm GMT then I can work around that, even the Friday would be better as I can rp for longer, as I work Sunday. But Friday we can go late into Saturday.

Also I need everyone who wants to take part to post here with the name, class and race of their character, so I can get numbers so I can find out if we can take more people for the campaign or not. Thank you!

Name: Tersis Nailo
Race: High Elf
Class: Druid

Right so we've also got a warlock that has been messaging me. So that's 6 confirmed. @Sunstone how is your cleric building going? Private message me if you want some help. I always play cleric when I'm a pc, so I know a lot about them.

I can't handle any more though. 7 is more than I tend to be comfortable with but I can run it.

At work now, but Friday is probably the best time for me. Then we can set it up for once a week after that.

Does this 7 include me? I assume you've seen my posts, that were before our warlock showed up.

Well I would have like to known that before I stayed up all night making a character sheet. Well hey you know where am.

@TheDox No it doesn't include you sorry. Before which Warlock showed up?

The warlock is @Cheesemick who posted page 2 to join

The two barbarians are @CromLaughs and @GinkyGotBack Crom posted page 1 and Ginky posted page 3 both to join.

The Monk is @Ender The Spider King who posted page 1 to join

@Silanon is our sorceress who posted page 1 to join

@Meredith is our ranger who posted page 2 to join

and finally @Sunstone is our cleric who made the forum post in the first place :)

@Blu3 Sorry about that. I have been busy with work and mainly reading private messages helping with character development. I did say in my previous post I would be reading through the character sheets when I returned from work. I haven't really been keeping track of how many wanted to join, this is not my forum post so I don't get notifications when others post.

However it would have been wise to wait for confirmation before spending all night on a character sheet. Again I'm sorry you wasted your time but hey, at least you have a 5e character sheet if you need one :D

@Cheesemick, @Ender The Spider King, @CromLaughs, @Meredith, @Silanon, @GinkyGotBack, @Sunstone

What program would you like to use for the session? Discord is free and easy to use, so might be good if we just want voice based.

Skype is also an option as well if you would prefer the video session, though I could probably set up a session on Roll20, I just don't know how to work that place.

Discord is what I'm most comfortable with, it's free and easy to use, and we can set up multiple rooms for character sheets and what not, so it may be more helpful. But it's up to you guys in the end.

Also for the time. We are mostly all in agreement about later being better, so it's just working around this. If you guys all want to wait until the 15th to start though, we could work something around that, just that's going to take a little bit more time to actually get into the roleplaying. 

Again it is up to you all, I want to hear your opinions, I have said the times I can do, and we would need to work around my schedule, which is the most awkward (I'm sorry please don't hate me) Because I can't change shifts because my boss is a cruel task master.

We can also set up sessions for once a week, depending how well the first session goes as well.

Now forgive me for slow replies, but I am going to bed. I'll reply to you all in the morning.

It looks like Sunstone gave up on this completely. If he did, could I take his place?
I'd appreciate it much more than I should.

@TheDox Ask Sunstone, they'll be able to tell you if they've given up their place or not. I can't just decide to swap and change, they could be extremely busy and slow at replying, that's not their fault, and it's not fair to kick them out because of that. Besides that would leave us with six players which is what I'm the most comfortable with dm'ing anyway, so we'd probably just leave it at six players.

I'm fine with discord, have used it occasionally - should work out. I'd prefer a later starting date than the 15th, but I also want to get this going before people lose interest. If I can't make it earlier, I'd certainly jump in to the second session. But as I said, I'd do my best to get into the game whenever we are starting. I propose some kind of poll in regards to the starting date and different times that would work out with your schedule - just list a few options that are reasonable for you, and we'll see at what time most of us can join the fun. Once per week sounds reasonable to me as well, more often would be way too ambitious to work out in the end.

I'm cool with discord, skype works too. I don't mind~

Never used Discord, but I'm not opposed to DLin' it. The 15th is a Thursday. Are you guys talking about doing it the Saturday after? I work at a bar so weekends at night are typically work times for me, but if you give me a couple weeks notice I'll take off work to play d and d hahaha

So who's gonna make the server?  And should we invite each other to it before we start just so some people can get a feel for it?  I don't have any qualms about making the server myself and testing it out with you guys.

Never used Discord, but I'm not opposed to DLin' it. The 15th is a Thursday. Are you guys talking about doing it the Saturday after? I work at a bar so weekends at night are typically work times for me, but if you give me a couple weeks notice I'll take off work to play d and d hahaha

Friday or Saturday, presumably. It'd be good if we could make up the exact date and time soonish, so that those of us who have something else to do around that time can try to arrange things. For me, any time should work, really, but I might be the most flexibe one, there.

So who's gonna make the server?  And should we invite each other to it before we start just so some people can get a feel for it?  I don't have any qualms about making the server myself and testing it out with you guys.

If you're fine doing it, I'd say go for it. Would be nice to have a look at the functions before we actually start - if we're planning on having 2-hour sessions (as someone proposed earlier) we don't want to waste the first one by dealing with technical issues.

It would probably be the Friday. I have that weekend off so either the 16 or the 17th works for me

I can always make the discord server as well, I guess because I'm the DM I'm not opposed to do it, I know how to work one. If you guys have your discord names I'll add you. Also I think testing it out and introducing ourselves and your characters will be a good way to go about it, maybe go over some basic rules as well so we're not power playing and we all have an understanding of our limits. This is D&D so there will be a lot of on the fly roleplaying, but we are playing together so we have to respect each other and our characters. I'm not a strict DM either, I like players to explore the world and create their own scenarios and want to stretch the limits. So yeah, talking about it will be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheDox Uhhh I don't mind personally, but I mean it will mostly be voice chat we'll be doing it on. Will you want to talk as well

@Sol. I knida also want to spectate and the same as Dox i'll use the text chat but listen in the voice chat.

@Sunstone will you be joining us? We're going to be setting up to play the 16th ish of September and it's on Discord, which is here if you want to download

@Ender The Spider King and @CromLaughs, do you guys have the Discord link? Or do you want me to send it to you again? Most people have joined the chat.

I got it, but I am currently going through some computer troubles, and I'm not sure if I'll have it up and running again by the weekend, so I might miss out on the first session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back