• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

D&D 5e

I've got a barbarian character pretty much good to go if that's cool with you guys? I used the 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 combo detailed in the handbook. From what I understand it's essentially the most balanced possible outcome from rolling for stats. Or you can just roll an extra time and take away your lowest score. I think either way it'll even out.

I'm making a stout halfling monk  and I usually go with the 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 method, but I decided to risk it and I rolled really good rolls. I rolled an 18,15,14,8,11,15

We should all use the same variant - and for fairness, I'd prefer everyone using the 15/14... - I'm aware that this is a game of luck sometimes, but I'd prefer noone to be screwed from the beginning. Thinking of a Drow- Sorceress right now, aiming for a chaotic-good alignment to make her fit in the party. But it would be great to know about the setting first, just to make sure it makes any sense in the context.

Just remember that you'll have disadvantage to every attack and perception roll when in direct sunlight, so let's hope we fight and do things indoors or at night. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm uncomfortable with characters starting with attributes already at max (20) - which is possible this way. but if everyone uses this variant, I'll go with it as well.

Just remember that you'll have disadvantage to every attack and perception roll when in direct sunlight, so let's hope we fight and do things indoors or at night. 

True thing - also, Drow are quite difficult in regards to the usual society you face - noone likes slavers next to himself, and even though my character would end up being quite the opposite, people tend to only see the person and judge on the basis of that alone... that's why I would love to hear if the dm would be comfortable with it, or if I should go with an elven bard or something along those lines.

So am I the one that is going to be DM'ing? Because if so I tend to take on a more relaxed approach to 5e, so following the basic rules but things can be rather loose instead of strict. Also to warn that I have never DM'ed play by post before, I have only had experience DM'ing in rl. However if you do want me to DM I will need to come up with a scenario, as I usually rp homebrew, depending if that is alright with everyone I would like to continue that.

However, if you all have another DM in mind I will happy take a step back.

So am I the one that is going to be DM'ing? Because if so I tend to take on a more relaxed approach to 5e, so following the basic rules but things can be rather loose instead of strict. Also to warn that I have never DM'ed play by post before, I have only had experience DM'ing in rl. However if you do want me to DM I will need to come up with a scenario, as I usually rp homebrew, depending if that is alright with everyone I would like to continue that.

That sounds awesome to me, I'm all about relaxation and brews. Would it be easier if we played by voice?

Uhh for me it probably would be, but I imagine our time zones are vastly different which may not work out for everyone, which is why play by post tends to be easier for the majority. However, it depends on what the majority think. I can set up a chat in Discord/TeamSpeak/Skype/whatever if you guys would prefer voice, I still need to prepare a campaign at least

That sounds awesome to me, I'm all about relaxation and brews. Would it be easier if we played by voice?

I don't have a problem with you DMing, if you'd like to~

I'd prefer voice - but I can see that depending on how bad timezone differences are. I have a normal school schedule (available 4pm through 9pm Mon-Fri most times.) I only really have experience doing one campaign by voice with another system, but none so far post-by-post. It might be easier to set up a weekend campaign, if timezones are bad? I'm just thinking that a lot of people have school and things...

It's five pm here at the moment (EST, I do believe.) 

Aaand I'm rambling. :P

Uhh for me it probably would be, but I imagine our time zones are vastly different which may not work out for everyone, which is why play by post tends to be easier for the majority. However, it depends on what the majority think. I can set up a chat in Discord/TeamSpeak/Skype/whatever if you guys would prefer voice, I still need to prepare a campaign at least

Well, I'm down either way. I'm in Central standard time and have some weekday evenings free. However, there are kind of a lot of us wanting to play so pbp is fine with me too. I'm just sayin'

I'm GMT and it's 10pm here, also I tend to work every second weekend, so I'd need to fit it around my schedule, considering I have a rl campaign going on every second weekend as well where I'm a PC, not a DM.

However if we can set it for maybe a Saturday night/Friday night for me that could be done, we'd have to switch between Friday and Saturday but I'm sure we could work out something that would work for everyone.

Well I don't really have a good mic to use, just the sad one built into my tablet, but I'll try my best. But if it doesn't work out, then that's fine and I can leave if everyone else is good with the voice stuff. I live in EST.

If you don't want to talk/use mic you can use the chat function as well, I wouldn't mind reading instead of listening, just I sort of prefer a real time play by play instead of a play by post where it sometimes can take a while for people to reply depending on the situation. While a real time play by play we can set aside a certain amount of time each weekend/weekday to have it running. Whichever is best for people. I'm good from 5pm onwards my time next week so I may consider playing during the week as well. Just I know my time zone is awkward for Americans.

So from what I'm getting via time zones for who's answered so far:

Sol is the latest of us by far. He's at 10:30 PM currently, and in GMT.

Both Ender and I are in EST - it's 5:30 PM currently. We're five hours behind Sol.

Crom is in CT which is like an hour behind me - so six hours behind Sol.

That's not actually looking that ridiculous as of yet.

If we started a game at 5pm GMT, that'd be like, 11am CT, which wouldn't be very good for most American's schedules, and certainly not for mine.

If it was closer to 9pm GMT that'd be more like 4pm CT, which I think is more feasible for the timezones we've heard so far? If we had two-hour sessions, nobody'd be up past 11ish.. I'm not sure if it'd work for everybody, but there's a thought.

...I'm a rambling ram, guys.

Okay so for all those wanting to do a 5e homebrew campaign with loose relaxed rules, I'm going to direct you to this page here. I want you guys to create your characters, warning this is Homebrew so no Tieflings or Dragonborns. If you do want an 'usual' race, message me directly and we can talk about it. If you guys set up level 1 characters, you can roll or you can use points based whatever you feel will fit you personally. If you need help deciding character backstories and how you want to set your character up in the campaign, talk to me and we can arrange something. 

I'll set up a high fantasy campaign, I've already got the beginning stages of a plot set out. We can decide all together who wants to do a play by post and who wants to do voice chat, and we can do a vote over that, and arrange times we will be free.

Send me your character sheets as well so I can fit a campaign around your characters. I want to know what you would like your character to be, how you would like your character to grow and develop. I'll be setting up a campaign which 'should' be ready by at least late Saturday or even if we arrange it for next week so I can have time to prepare, it's up to you guys.

I recommend you at least read through this pdf . As it can really help with the basics,

And as for time zones, that's fine for me if we can set it up at 9pm (my time) then I can at least play for a few hours at a weekend definitely, again it depends when I'm working but I'm sure we can work around it.

Okay so for all those wanting to do a 5e homebrew campaign with loose relaxed rules, I'm going to direct you to this page here. I want you guys to create your characters, warning this is Homebrew so no Tieflings or Dragonborns. If you do want an 'usual' race, message me directly and we can talk about it. If you guys set up level 1 characters, you can roll or you can use points based whatever you feel will fit you personally. If you need help deciding character backstories and how you want to set your character up in the campaign, talk to me and we can arrange something. 

I'll set up a high fantasy campaign, I've already got the beginning stages of a plot set out. We can decide all together who wants to do a play by post and who wants to do voice chat, and we can do a vote over that, and arrange times we will be free.

Send me your character sheets as well so I can fit a campaign around your characters. I want to know what you would like your character to be, how you would like your character to grow and develop. I'll be setting up a campaign which 'should' be ready by at least late Saturday or even if we arrange it for next week so I can have time to prepare, it's up to you guys.

I recommend you at least read through this pdf . As it can really help with the basics,

And as for time zones, that's fine for me if we can set it up at 9pm (my time) then I can at least play for a few hours at a weekend definitely, again it depends when I'm working but I'm sure we can work around it.

Yeah! I'll send you my character sheet in a few hours. Weekdays actually work best for me at that time, but we can figure that out whenever

@Sol. Are we perchance using carrying weight and will we still required to carry food and water and make sure we eat and drink every day so we don't extra suck?

Hey! This sounds like a lot of fun,can I play? I have no idea how to play though so if someone could teach me that would be cool xDD

(help me with magic pls dm)

race: high elf

rolls: 2, 12, 15, 8, 18, 8 (promise none was made up ^+^

class: cleric

----

strength: 2

dexterity: 8

constitution: 12

intelligence: 15

wisdom: 18

constitution: 8

-----

( @Sol.)

appearance: short, blonde hair, green eyes. he wears a graduation robe and a white long sleeved shirt underneath 

personality: hot headed, clumsy, smart for his age, very happy and your average annoying kid

background: when he was 8 his parents found his natural talent for magic, so sent him off to boarding school to learn to be a cleric. when he was 12 and came back to visit his parents he found his town in ruins and ashes everywhere. He then set off to be independent and is at a random tavern in a town which he doesn't know about.

bonds: His parents ashes

flaws: He's 13 and he's hotheaded

equipment: quarter staff, spellbook, 3 gold pieces, herbs and flowers. (if this is wrong for a cleric please tell me)

Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)

Class: Ranger

Rolls: 13, 8, 13,16, 13, 10

STR: 8

DEX: 16 (+2 Racial)

CON: 13

INT: 13

WIS: 13

CHA: 10 (+1 Racial)

That.. looks right to me? Tell me if anything needs to change~

//EDIT: I didn't add racial bonuses in the stats I gave except for mentioning them - dex with be 18 and cha will be 11 on the sheet, as per racial bonus.

(help me with magic pls dm)

race: high elf

rolls: 2, 12, 15, 8, 18, 8 (promise none was made up ^+^

class: cleric

----

strength: 2

dexterity: 8

constitution: 12

intelligence: 15

wisdom: 18

constitution: 8

-----

( Will fill out the rest later)

How did you roll a 2?

Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)

Class: Ranger

Rolls: 13, 8, 13,16, 13, 10

STR: 8

DEX: 16 (+2 Racial)

CON: 13

INT: 13

WIS: 13

CHA: 10 (+1 Racial)

That.. looks right to me? Tell me if anything needs to change~

Seems to be alright, you just add your racial bonus to the stats before adding up your bonus stuffs.

Here's my CS so far, I just need to add more gear and calculate the weight and I'll be all set.

View attachment Tibin.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back