• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e - Godlike Envy

I'm this close to having Sledge take Magic Initiate to learn Friends and Prestidigitation. The 1st level spell, I'm not sure about, however.

if you want, it'd be hilarious to see. 

the door thing reminded me of a story... 

we were playing pathfinder, me and the group were hunting down a necromancer, he had info we needed to taking him alive was the best option, hard to do with lots of undead in the way but several blows with a maul solved it no problem. however, in the noise and battle he had hidden himself in his sanctuary, a magically enhanced door that was said to be invincible. 

We had a plan to lure him out, he was out of spells and it was gona be a tad hard to draw him out... Who knows what he had in there... As such a thought occured to me. 

"the door in very strong right? Well, are the walls that strong to?" 

long story short, we took that door with us, was pretty handy in the creation of our hide out's safe. 

Oh. Her stats were decent.

Str - 11

Dex - 15

Con - 14

Int - 7+1 (Tiefling Racial bonus)

Wis - 12

Cha - 16+2 (Tiefling Racial Bonus)

I got an eighteen but I didn't want her to start with a twenty for Cha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah I learned that I like under powered characters. I think that 7 was the first below 8 I rolled so. 

D&D Crash course... Well, google "D&D 5e Player's Handbook PDF" and you should find a link right at the top to a site you can download it from. From there, just skim through and we'll walk you through your character.

Here's how I image my character.

Someone looks back to her.

"Why are you always dancing?"

"Oh, you don't hear the music?"

"No there is no music in a church."

"oh it must be in my head."  Just keep's drinking.

Omg.

I just realized how many skills i'll be proficient in.

I have two from background.

Any three from my class.

Two from Expertise.

Three from collage of Lore.

Screw me.

Omg.

I just realized how many skills i'll be proficient in.

I have two from background.

Any three from my class.

Two from Expertise.

Three from collage of Lore.

Screw me.

That's bard for yea. 

Well, bard rogue. 

Skills up the wazoo! 

Are yea human? Cause that's one more.

Expertise doesn't grant proficiency in more skills, just lets you double your proficiency in skills you're already proficient in. I think you're only still getting 5 proficiencies.

Had to see that for myself. Damn. You're almost as much of a skill monkey as the Rogue. Though with some fidgeting, the Knowledge Domain Cleric can get more.

Aye, Expertise is worth it's weight in gold. 

Granted, prof is just as much of a great buff as is. 

Coming from pf to this, I have to get used to lower numbers. And the fact two handing doesn't mean 1.5 str dam. 

Mixed up the latter a good deal when I started. Grew used to the lower numbers easily, it was around level 5 I started wondering "Man, how do I get stronger in this game?" next thing I knew I was bloody slaughtering minotaurs just due to the fact I attacked twice.

Felt better after that.

Sledge is going to need healing. And I'm still working on modifying the one level 3 feature to actually add some durability. He's going to need it, given how few times he can use his Great Swing ability. I've settled on 1d4+1 and getting more at later levels, to a max of 4d4+4 at 17th level and up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back