• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic CYBERPUNK: Archangel - OOC

Hey all!

Seeing as most people have at least give a little snippet into their character or at least a concept ill do the same.

I have a netrunner in mind who is either ex-NCPD or ex-NetWatch. He was the type of individual who wished to make it in Night City legally, working to improve the city's living conditions. He's an older man in his 30s to 40s with an ex-wife and children, both of whom think he's a useless, work-addicted, bad father who would do better in any other career. He's currently living in a small apartment (after the divorce) and with little prospects for advancement at work has lately experienced a early mid-life crisis. He's quit his job and gone solo in the last year.

That's the idea I have in mind.

1458808645036.jpgSylvia_BDU_1.jpg

Graye Winfrey, better known as "White Rabbit" due to her disguise.

1470243639171.jpg

so I have a dilemma, I've come up with 2 characters.

Number 1 is a solo who is a NUS military vet who was basically a child soldier and is a bit more introverted because of some shit that went down before he left. Due to being chipped with experimental Militech chrome before he left he might have some issues later down the line.

Number 2 is a rockerboy and Night City local who is emulating Silverhand. Hates Corps, Chaotic, and always looking for thrills. He doubles as a merc when not playing gigs because it's fun.

RIGHT? This has been itching at me. I'm super curious.
Saaaaame.

If only finding a satisfactory Cyberpunk was FC was that easy. I'm jealous of people who can make their own art like LuckyOuie LuckyOuie . She's drawing her own character from scratch.
I’ve found something I really like and done some Photoshop to get it down to what I want. I do have a graphics tablet so I could do my own too, but I lack the time at the moment x.x

View attachment 1027010View attachment 1027014

Graye Winfrey, better known as "White Rabbit" due to her disguise.

Really nice. I saw you put this up before and I think so far you’re the only one.

I’m flip flopping between two options. One is really fun with some distinctive style and theming. The other is more basic, but might make more sense in a business where disappearing after a job could be preferable.

1st
6A2B386D-1367-4440-944A-36F76CFBA4F8.jpeg

2nd
7j8dda3gocd51.jpg

I’m flip flopping between two options. One is really fun with some distinctive style and theming. The other is more basic, but might make more sense in a business where disappearing after a job could be preferable.

Being recognizable is also part of being a cyberpunk, depending on your point of view. It can be your "brand". Hence my character wearing a suit, poncho and helmet that can change color, and bunny ears on the helmet.

Being recognizable is also part of being a cyberpunk, depending on your point of view. It can be your "brand". Hence my character wearing a suit, poncho and helmet that can change color, and bunny ears on the helmet.
True. Style and attitude brings out the “punk” side of the setting. I guess a better way to put it is down to if I want to go that stylish and commit to the presented gimmick, or something that has a bit more room for adjustments.

Plus, I do prefer the hair style of option 2. The whole half shaved/undercut style is something I do feel is part of the vibe.

so I have a dilemma, I've come up with 2 characters.

Number 1 is a solo who is a NUS military vet who was basically a child soldier and is a bit more introverted because of some shit that went down before he left. Due to being chipped with experimental Militech chrome before he left he might have some issues later down the line.

Number 2 is a rockerboy and Night City local who is emulating Silverhand. Hates Corps, Chaotic, and always looking for thrills. He doubles as a merc when not playing gigs because it's fun.
I don't think we have a Rockerboy concept up in the air yet, and Rockerboys are the #1 way to start riots and get free drinks for the table 🤣

Finished my character's abilities section. check it out. does it look fair?

ABILITIES SECTION
Stats:
Cool: 6
Reflexes: 3
Intelligence: 6
Technical: 4
Strength 3

Cyberware:
Frontal Cortex - Visual Cortex Support
Optical - Kiroshi Optics Mk 1 - mods: explosives analysis
Circulatory System - None
Immune System - None
Nervous System - None
Integumentary System - None
Operating System - Netwatch Netdriver Mk.5 (special)
Skeleton - None
Hands - None
Arms - Monowire
Legs - Lynx Paws

Equipment:
M-76e Omaha - painted in black and purple to imitate another gun called the Lizzie
Balisong - handle painted holographic pink (it's not in the game but can my character have one, pretty please?)
GASH anti personnel grenade

If only finding a satisfactory Cyberpunk was FC was that easy. I'm jealous of people who can make their own art like LuckyOuie LuckyOuie . She's drawing her own character from scratch.
now everyone's gonna expect my stuff. if it was bad art i couldve act like it wasnt mine -- i cant believe youve done this!

This is what I'm using. She might have a sword, she might not. I tried editing it out and putting a gun in her hand but it looked a little... eh. We'll see, if she doesn't then I'll just make a note on the CS.

s8U4Ofr.png

This is what I'm using. She might have a sword, she might not. I tried editing it out and putting a gun in her hand but it looked a little... eh. We'll see, if she doesn't then I'll just make a note on the CS.

s8U4Ofr.png
Deception tactic. Gonks approach thinking they’re getting an awesome sword fight. Then you pull the gun from behind your back and shoot them in the face.

Deception tactic. Gonks approach thinking they’re getting an awesome sword fight. Then you pull the gun from behind your back and shoot them in the face.
Well it's true that they say to never bring a sword to a gunfight.

I've decided on using the solo concept for a char, got the FC figured out.

dd19029efce81516401e0bd98ca4f131.jpg

378ac5091f77d8b1a75dc638cc811b50.jpg

"Only a heathen would bring a gun to a sword fight. And only a moron would bring a sword to a gunfight."
- Derek Landy, Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)

I see we are posting character art. I'm stuck between two. My main issue being I'm not sure if ones art style is too realistic-like for this. The first one has much more of the Netrunner feel with a hint of ex-cop/detective/PI but might be a little too realistic. The second has a very ex-cop that's had enough type of deal and gone rogue. Both of which work well for the concept.

First idea
vyacheslav-solovov-char-7.jpg
Second
https___m00rkas_tumblr.com_post_652886173648371712_my-favorite-divas-vaughan-belongs-to-sticky...jpg

"Only a heathen would bring a gun to a sword fight. And only a moron would bring a sword to a gunfight."

I see we are posting character art. I'm stuck between two. My main issue being I'm not sure if ones art style is too realistic-like for this. The first one has much more of the Netrunner feel with a hint of ex-cop/detective/PI but might be a little too realistic. The second has a very ex-cop that's had enough type of deal and gone rogue. Both of which work well for the concept.

The second one is really good and has the right kind of attitude to it. Though, the beard on the 1st one is magnificent.

Both are pretty good options honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back