• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic CYBERPUNK: Archangel - OOC

My boy John. I am prepared to be smited by the GM, let your judgement be merciful.
When old beliefs and changing times clash, mentally warped and twisted ideals come to fruition. Those that cannot learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and the Inquisition is only one example of many. John is the product of intermingling religious faith with unbridled aggression.

Righteously motivated and unwaveringly steady in his conviction, he stands as both a testament to hysterical beliefs as well as the willingness to persevere against all odds through sheer mental conviction. More than a few chrome-junkies and heretical netrunners have been purged in his holy crusade.

The fanatic will judge all cyberware tainted sinners accordingly, come wisdom and come fire.​

(Brief note: Yes, the above description kinda makes John look like he wants to smite everyone with cybernetics. Do not worry, he will still be able to get along with other PCs due to backstory changes and changes instilled by the GM, as well as through pre-rp relationships with other PCs. He is a religious fanatic, and not the easiest to get along with (especially if a PC is a heavy chrome junkie) but in the end, he is not a pure anti-everyone character, just another unique case in a unique city.

John is an ever encroaching powerhouse of religious zeal, trained from childhood by the Inquisition. He moves methodically, relishes being the target of heavy gunfire, and specifically seeks out enemy netrunners. While in a team, he works to negate opposing quick hacks through use of constant pressure, aggressive advancements, and an overwhelming amount of grenades. He is mostly natural with the exception of minimal BioWare, making up for his lack of cybernetics with intense training, unconventional tactics, and a unique juggernaut suit of astoundingly heavy mechanically based armor. He isn’t fast, exceptionally intelligent, or uniquely gifted. John is just well armored, well trained, and unreasonably agitated by people who have more in common with TV remotes or toasters than their fellow man.

While not smiting those who have fallen from grace, John is known to spend his time in the presence of others rather than alone. He highly values team cohesion, and is often more than willing to put his trust in people who may or may not have his best interests in mind.

Cybernetics: Absolutely not.

Bioware- Minimal body adjustments mean minimal advantages. The bioware he sports is used to enhance natural body functions rather than replace them.

Skin Weave: In a process similar to muscle and bone lace, nanites thread fibers through skin tissue, making it much more resistant to damage. The result is bare skin that has resistance to damage similar to light body armor (think Kevlar). Skin weave is transparent to the naked eye for the most part, but can still be detected with careful observation. It takes a couple weeks for the nanites to complete the upgrade.

Muscle & Bone Lace: Muscle and bone lace use nanites to thread microscopic artificial fibers through muscle and bone tissue. The result is that the tissue is both stronger (physical strength is enhanced) and more resistant to damage. The full process is slow, and takes a few weeks to complete. Muscle and bone lace will enhance overall strength and durability, but not to the degree of an actual artificial cyberlimb.

Grafted Muscle: This is vat-grown organic muscle. It functions identically to natural muscle. Grafted muscle will enhance both appearance and strength. It can be combined with other forms of bioware, such as muscle and bone lace. When properly grafted, vat grown muscle is completely indistinguishable from natural muscle. It is a common component of biosculpting.

Weapons: John relies heavily on grenades and anti cybernetic weapons. These include a mix of CHARs, EMPs, and Flashbangs. Aside from that, he’s rocking an E-Tool that he uses to gently smack anything he doesn’t want to throw explosives at.

Special: Through a combination of appropriated MaxTac armor, repurposed Maelstrom metal, and assorted Millitech plating, John is fully armored up with a juggernaut suit. Moving slow is par for the course while wearing it, and it has limited functionality aside from providing exceptionally high damage resistance (which is very useful for someone that likes to detonate explosives within spitting distance of his foe). His vision in the suit is limited, and it’s mechanical nature only allows basic electronics. It includes a full gas mask that is covered by a damage resistant metal visor, a voice amplifier, and an integral calling system to allow easy interaction with any allies that are outside of yelling range.

Last edited:
Regarding stats: I assume strength and the body attribute from the game are the same with just an altered name? Also, until when can we submit characters? Is there a deadline?

With Capacity instead of Empathy/Humanity, it'll be easier to keep your marbles (in theory)

Also, therapy is a thing in Night City, for addiction to stims as well as chrome. It's not cheap, but its there. That's how Morgan Blackhand and Dillon Murphy managed to live long and fruitful careers, the latter being able to retire, get married, and have a gaggle of kids.

Well if I remember correctly, neither used too much cyberware, Morgan especially. But yes, therapy and experimental drugs do exist.

How does this look Purity Purity ?

~*Cyberware*~
Frontal Cortex - None
Optical - Kiroshi Optics Mk.1
Circulatory System - None
Immune System - None
Nervous System - None
Integumentary System - None
Operating System - Raven Microcyber mk.3
Skeleton - None
Hands - None
Arms - Gorilla Arms Mk.1
Legs - Reinforced Tendons

~*Weapons*~
EMP Grenades
(Refuses to use guns. Will use Quickhacks, Grenades, and Gorilla arms in combat. Planning on her to work past her problems with them down the line, ending up with a Smart Link and a DR-12 Quasar Tech Revolver)

Looks pretty straightforward. Of course, this is also pretty barebones, but I'm mot looking for too much detail here anyway.

My boy John. I am prepared to be smited by the GM, let your judgement be merciful.
When old beliefs and changing times clash, mentally warped and twisted ideals come to fruition. Those that cannot learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and the Inquisition is only one example of many. John is the product of intermingling religious faith with unbridled aggression.

Righteously motivated and unwaveringly steady in his conviction, he stands as both a testament to hysterical beliefs as well as the willingness to persevere against all odds through sheer mental conviction. More than a few chrome-junkies and heretical netrunners have been purged in his holy crusade.

The fanatic will judge all cyberware tainted sinners accordingly, come wisdom and come fire.​

(Brief note: Yes, the above description kinda makes John look like he wants to smite everyone with cybernetics. Do not worry, he will still be able to get along with other PCs due to backstory changes and changes instilled by the GM, as well as through pre-rp relationships with other PCs. He is a religious fanatic, and not the easiest to get along with (especially if a PC is a heavy chrome junkie) but in the end, he is not a pure anti-everyone character, just another unique case in a unique city.

John is an ever encroaching powerhouse of religious zeal, trained from childhood by the Inquisition. He moves methodically, relishes being the target of heavy gunfire, and specifically seeks out enemy netrunners. While in a team, he works to negate opposing quick hacks through use of constant pressure, aggressive advancements, and an overwhelming amount of grenades. He is mostly natural with the exception of minimal BioWare, making up for his lack of cybernetics with intense training, unconventional tactics, and a unique juggernaut suit of astoundingly heavy mechanically based armor. He isn’t fast, exceptionally intelligent, or uniquely gifted. John is just well armored, well trained, and unreasonably agitated by people who have more in common with TV remotes or toasters than their fellow man.

While not smiting those who have fallen from grace, John is known to spend his time in the presence of others rather than alone. He highly values team cohesion, and is often more than willing to put his trust in people who may or may not have his best interests in mind.

Cybernetics: Absolutely not.

Bioware- Minimal body adjustments mean minimal advantages. The bioware he sports is used to enhance natural body functions rather than replace them.

Skin Weave: In a process similar to muscle and bone lace, nanites thread fibers through skin tissue, making it much more resistant to damage. The result is bare skin that has resistance to damage similar to light body armor (think Kevlar). Skin weave is transparent to the naked eye for the most part, but can still be detected with careful observation. It takes a couple weeks for the nanites to complete the upgrade.

Muscle & Bone Lace: Muscle and bone lace use nanites to thread microscopic artificial fibers through muscle and bone tissue. The result is that the tissue is both stronger (physical strength is enhanced) and more resistant to damage. The full process is slow, and takes a few weeks to complete. Muscle and bone lace will enhance overall strength and durability, but not to the degree of an actual artificial cyberlimb.

Grafted Muscle: This is vat-grown organic muscle. It functions identically to natural muscle. Grafted muscle will enhance both appearance and strength. It can be combined with other forms of bioware, such as muscle and bone lace. When properly grafted, vat grown muscle is completely indistinguishable from natural muscle. It is a common component of biosculpting.

Weapons: John relies heavily on grenades and anti cybernetic weapons. These include a mix of CHARs, EMPs, and Flashbangs. Aside from that, he’s rocking an E-Tool that he uses to gently smack anything he doesn’t want to throw explosives at.

Special: Through a combination of appropriated MaxTac armor, repurposed Maelstrom metal, and assorted Millitech plating, John is fully armored up with a juggernaut suit. Moving slow is par for the course while wearing it, and it has limited functionality aside from providing exceptionally high damage resistance (which is very useful for someone that likes to detonate explosives within spitting distance of his foe). His vision in the suit is limited, and it’s mechanical nature only allows basic electronics. It includes a full gas mask that is covered by a damage resistant metal visor, a voice amplifier, and an integral calling system to allow easy interaction with any allies that are outside of yelling range.

Well, as you guessed, I'm having difficulty figuring out how an Inquisitor wants to join the crew. He would most likely have to be a former member, or have an EXTREMELY compelling ulterior motive. Remember, it's not just that the Inquisitors hate everyone with cyberware, pretty much everyone hates the Inquisitors. Other than that, the rest looks acceptable.

Purity Purity In your established continuity, who is the current leader of the Aldecaldos in 2080? Panam?

This is something I forgot to address. Despite the fact I'm leaving a lot of choices V made in this world ambiguous, the one thing I WILL say for certain they did is go through the whole Don't Fear the Reaper ending. Therefore, Saul and Panam are still joint leaders.

Regarding stats: I assume strength and the body attribute from the game are the same with just an altered name? Also, until when can we submit characters? Is there a deadline?

Yes, strength and body would be the same. And right now, seeing as registrations are not even open yet, there's not currently a deadline.

Sadly, good ol' Dillon isn't expanded on much, but Morgan's cyberware list is extensive. Help's being Mike's favorite xD

Thanks for the detes, man! Good to know!

Finished up on the first draft of the character sheet I'll be submitting. Would appreciate some feedback to know if the cyberware should be dialed down and if the backstory makes sense.

REGISTRY SECTION​

Name: Jin (Real name: Kyousuke Sasaki)
Date of Birth: 2058
Height: 6’0
Race/Ethnicity: Japanese
Nationality: Japanese
Place of Birth: Night City
Place of Residence: Night City, Japantown

INFO SECTION​

Early Life:
Kyousuke was sold at birth by parents that owed major gambling debts to the Tyger Claws. The Tyger Claws that bought him, in turn, sold Kyousuke to a little known corporation known as Arasaka. From Night City, Kyousuke was transferred to an undisclosed Arasaka facility in Japan where he became part of a classified Arasaka program to raise specialized agents.

With each candidate child taken from birth and raised their entire lives by Arasaka, the program intended to create lifelong soldiers that lived and breathed loyalty to Arasaka. Intended to be raised without humanity, the children were routinely beaten in training and forced into competition that made sure only the strongest survived.

Significant Events:
Once Kyousuke’s training was complete, he was sent out on field missions where he operated as a hitman for Arasaka.

Kyousuke was eventually assigned to a squad dedicated to hunting down a sect of turncoat Arasaka agents and disposing of any data linking them to the corp.

This would be his final mission for Arasaka.

Tracking the group of traitors with the help of unremoved cyberware, Kyousuke and his squad eliminated the traitors and proceeded to search for data. It was there that Kyousuke found out that the group of “traitors” he had eliminated were runaway candidates from the same program he was raised in. Then and there his loyalty for Arasaka shattered. Though he was not able to save any of the candidates, he at least managed to kill the squad he was with and escape Arasaka.

Making sure to not make the same mistake as the failed runaways, Kyousuke stripped himself of any cyberware implanted by Arasaka and fled to Night City.

Now in Night City he operates as a mercenary for hire known as Jin. Working his way up amongst the local fixers and making a small name for himself as a solo with a hatred for corpos, specifically Arasaka.

ABILITIES SECTION​

Stats:
  • Cool: 4
  • Reflexes: 6
  • Intelligence: 3
  • Technical: 3
  • Strength 6
Cyberware:
Frontal Cortex - None
Optical - Kiroshi Optics Mk.1 with Threat Detector
Immune System - None
Nervous System - None
Integumentary System - Subdermal Armor, Optical Camo (Special)
Operating System - Moore Tech Berserk Mk.1
Skeleton - Microvibration Generator
Hands - None
Arms - None

Equipment:
Katana
Constitutional Arms Liberty
Yaiba Kusanagi CT-3X - Painted black with gold accents (Only if this isn’t considered a special)

EXTRAS​

FC Credit: Tbd
Music: Tbd

Well, as you guessed, I'm having difficulty figuring out how an Inquisitor wants to join the crew. He would most likely have to be a former member, or have an EXTREMELY compelling ulterior motive. Remember, it's not just that the Inquisitors hate everyone with cyberware, pretty much everyone hates the Inquisitors. Other than that, the rest looks acceptable.
Yes, very cool. I am glad the rest is acceptable, since that was what I was more worried about. Regarding the backstory and being an Inquisitor, that will ultimately depend on what direction you think would be most appropriate for your setting. Inquisitors fell off in the later years of Night City, and their barebones description allow a little leeway with how they can be played out.

Either way, I have a few plans for him that’ll make him more tolerable towards and by other PCs, and one will involve your suggestion of being a former member. When the CS pages are available, it’ll be ironed out pretty well :)

Looks pretty straightforward. Of course, this is also pretty barebones, but I'm mot looking for too much detail here anyway.

Yeah, I was going with something on the simpler side to start. I have my eyes on some Frontal Cortex mods for down the line when I’ve got the stats for them.
Current picture of the character’s backstory has a traumatic experience with a Cyberpycho that has left her cautious about what she upgrades.
We’ll see as the story goes on if she needs to push more chrome to keep up.

My dumbass didn't remember to check everything the day of, but guess whos poppin in.

Speaking of wares. If someone could grab me an ARCH Nazaré I'd be grateful. I'll pay for it of course... eventually, promise!

f974a7de70f94617da960f53c2bd702e.png

don't you ambush me with that, god it's goregous, gotta give a man some warning.

yea know for the speacial thing, it may end up being more of a determent than anything, but I believe it's more fun that way.

experimental prototype cyberware that ultimately was tossed in the trash is generally not good to have on you. Even less if it was installed and tossed out with you with it.

But it sounds fun so i'mma do it if I can, shitty, barely working, cumbersome.

Finished up on the first draft of the character sheet I'll be submitting. Would appreciate some feedback to know if the cyberware should be dialed down and if the backstory makes sense.

REGISTRY SECTION​

Name: Jin (Real name: Kyousuke Sasaki)
Date of Birth: 2058
Height: 6’0
Race/Ethnicity: Japanese
Nationality: Japanese
Place of Birth: Night City
Place of Residence: Night City, Japantown

INFO SECTION​

Early Life:
Kyousuke was sold at birth by parents that owed major gambling debts to the Tyger Claws. The Tyger Claws that bought him, in turn, sold Kyousuke to a little known corporation known as Arasaka. From Night City, Kyousuke was transferred to an undisclosed Arasaka facility in Japan where he became part of a classified Arasaka program to raise specialized agents.

With each candidate child taken from birth and raised their entire lives by Arasaka, the program intended to create lifelong soldiers that lived and breathed loyalty to Arasaka. Intended to be raised without humanity, the children were routinely beaten in training and forced into competition that made sure only the strongest survived.

Significant Events:
Once Kyousuke’s training was complete, he was sent out on field missions where he operated as a hitman for Arasaka.

Kyousuke was eventually assigned to a squad dedicated to hunting down a sect of turncoat Arasaka agents and disposing of any data linking them to the corp.

This would be his final mission for Arasaka.

Tracking the group of traitors with the help of unremoved cyberware, Kyousuke and his squad eliminated the traitors and proceeded to search for data. It was there that Kyousuke found out that the group of “traitors” he had eliminated were runaway candidates from the same program he was raised in. Then and there his loyalty for Arasaka shattered. Though he was not able to save any of the candidates, he at least managed to kill the squad he was with and escape Arasaka.

Making sure to not make the same mistake as the failed runaways, Kyousuke stripped himself of any cyberware implanted by Arasaka and fled to Night City.

Now in Night City he operates as a mercenary for hire known as Jin. Working his way up amongst the local fixers and making a small name for himself as a solo with a hatred for corpos, specifically Arasaka.

ABILITIES SECTION​

Stats:
  • Cool: 4
  • Reflexes: 6
  • Intelligence: 3
  • Technical: 3
  • Strength 6
Cyberware:
Frontal Cortex - None
Optical - Kiroshi Optics Mk.1 with Threat Detector
Immune System - None
Nervous System - None
Integumentary System - Subdermal Armor, Optical Camo (Special)
Operating System - Moore Tech Berserk Mk.1
Skeleton - Microvibration Generator
Hands - None
Arms - None

Equipment:
Katana
Constitutional Arms Liberty
Yaiba Kusanagi CT-3X - Painted black with gold accents (Only if this isn’t considered a special)

EXTRAS​

FC Credit: Tbd
Music: Tbd

So... actually, there's not too many problems with cyberware. However, there's several glaring problems with that backstory. Firstly, how on earth does a child that's been indoctrinated from birth to be loyal to Arasaka have that same loyalty shattered in a single mission? Arasaka could've very easily spun it to him as them being traitors and the dishonor deserving of death, which is something that's pretty common in the culture of Arasaka. Additionally, if he was trained to not have any humanity, then he should've had no empathy for his fellow candidates even if they weren't traitors. Second, how was Arasaka not able to simply override the very implants they installed and zero him on the spot? Third, how was he able to remove said implants before being tracked down?

There's too many problems with this story for it to be salvageable unfortunately. You may have to reconsider his background.

Are regular vehicles considered specials too?

I'm not a native english speaker, but retrofitted vehicles mean customized ones, right?
Retrofitting means upgrading an older model with newer components.

Retrofitting isn't just upgrading an older model, it's if you add anything new to something that originally wasn't there when it's factory fresh. So yes, customized ones. At the same time, your characters wouldn't have €$100,000 vehicles just lying around considering the backstories most people are going with. If they did, then that would be considered their "special" thing, and would need some explaining how they got a hold of it just like special cyberware or custom weapons would.

"I found this gun in a dumpster, some idiot made the pistol fire rifle calibers.

Sure I needed to get a hand and wrist reinforcer to use it but its cool right?"

He says, breaking his wrist again hip firing it.

That type of speacial thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back