• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic CYBERPUNK: Archangel - OOC

That said.

Tech revolver singlehandedly turned me into a god in 2077.

God I loved that thing.

So... actually, there's not too many problems with cyberware. However, there's several glaring problems with that backstory. Firstly, how on earth does a child that's been indoctrinated from birth to be loyal to Arasaka have that same loyalty shattered in a single mission? Arasaka could've very easily spun it to him as them being traitors and the dishonor deserving of death, which is something that's pretty common in the culture of Arasaka. Additionally, if he was trained to not have any humanity, then he should've had no empathy for his fellow candidates even if they weren't traitors. Second, how was Arasaka not able to simply override the very implants they installed and zero him on the spot? Third, how was he able to remove said implants before being tracked down?

There's too many problems with this story for it to be salvageable unfortunately. You may have to reconsider his background.

Retrofitting isn't just upgrading an older model, it's if you add anything new to something that originally wasn't there when it's factory fresh. So yes, customized ones. At the same time, your characters wouldn't have €$100,000 vehicles just lying around considering the backstories most people are going with. If they did, then that would be considered their "special" thing, and would need some explaining how they got a hold of it just like special cyberware or custom weapons would.

Would a cheaper vehicle, such as a stock €$58,000 Yaiba Kusanagi be considered special?

Regarding the back story: I'm pretty determined to get an Ex-Arasaka assassin through, so would you mind if I DM you revisions? I'll be massive making changes to it, and fleshing things out so they make sense.

Edit: In case it helps my need for the Kusanagi, Jackie— at the start of the game— had a custom Arch Nazaré. A base Nazaré costs €$ 71,000.

Last edited:
Would a cheaper vehicle, such as a stock €$58,000 Yaiba Kusanagi be considered special?

Regarding the back story: I'm pretty determined to get an Ex-Arasaka assassin through, so would you mind if I DM you revisions? I'll be massive making changes to it, and fleshing things out so they make sense.

Edit: In case it helps my need for the Kusanagi, Jackie— at the start of the game— had a custom Arch Nazaré. A base Nazaré costs €$ 71,000.

Certainly. It's not the ex-Arasaka assassin that I have problems with, just that backstory. That'd probably be your hidden background if you wanted that kind of character though, since obviously going around saying something like that doesn't really bode well for people. And if you're concerned about your equipment, again I didn't have many problems with the rest of your draft. The only thing I would say is if possible, try to get more points into Cool, just because you're going for optical camo.

Purity Purity Would a deep dive port in the back of the head like Lucy or Brigitte have fall under special equipment, or could I use that to get a Netwatch Netdriver Mk.5?

Trying to decide between:
A failed actor turning to a cowboy like gunslinger edgerunner.
or
An ex cop martial artist type with guerilla arms or equivalent.

Would do netrunner but i think other will grab it first.

Honestly, on the fence on what I'm going for. I've got the stat specs figured out in my head, just gotta get a unique background going.

Do we have a designated driver?

If nobody has claimed that spot...

For my character, who is supposed to be disguised as much as possible while out in the streets, I´m going with a form-fitting bodysuit, covered by a poncho. What I´m wondering is: would (fake) floppy bunny ears fit better on a hoodie that closes up to her nose, or on a fancy helmet with a full-face-cover visor that can show lights and even high quality images?

For my character, who is supposed to be disguised as much as possible while out in the streets, I´m going with a form-fitting bodysuit, covered by a poncho. What I´m wondering is: would (fake) floppy bunny ears fit better on a hoodie that closes up to her nose, or on a fancy helmet with a full-face-cover visor that can show lights and even high quality images?
From what I understand, you're gonna be able to display cool smiley faces on the visor? Take my money.

Hoodie does sound comical, though.

Here's my Cyberware, not too bloated, I hope.

Cyberware

Frontal Cortex - None
Ocular System - None
Circulatory System - None
Immune System - None
Nervous System - None
Integumentary System - None
Operating System - Biotech Σ Mk.1 (Eases processing for bike-drone control);
Skeleton - None
Hands - Smart Link (For ease of target acquisition on the road);
Arms - Classified;
Legs - Fortified Ankles (Motorcycle crashes can be quite hard on these badboys, ya know?);

Weapons

Arasaka TKI-20 Shingen - The combination of smart-link, size, and style makes this the perfect weapon for an edgerunning biker.
M-10AF Lexington - A pistol for the man from Militech.
Punknife - Utility, really, you never know when you'll need to cut a wire or a throat at moment's notice;

Motorcycle - Yaiba Kusanagi CT-3X (With Classified)

Actually I may have been aiming for that DD role, but if you want it then I'll give it up.

From what I understand, you're gonna be able to display cool smiley faces on the visor? Take my money.

Hoodie does sound comical, though.

I´m thinking I should just take both. Helmet under the hoodie, ears on the hoodie should work fine.

Actually I may have been aiming for that DD role, but if you want it then I'll give it up.

I meant nobody has taken it yet. I have no intention of riding or driving anything except my motorized rollerblades.

A DD with a chonky car would be ultra nice because my very friendly mountain of a crusader does not want to walk far in heavy armor. :(

that or we get comfy with Delamain.

I was going to take a a suped up Thorton Mackinaw as my special for my Nomad-Solo, but if the crew is large enough, two cars might be a good idea.

You can find my character pitch on the first page.

With my character primarily pouring stat points into intelligence and not really dealing with cool, she may end up hacking from the car more often than not. Hope she and our driver(s) can come to some kind of agreement concerning tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back