• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood Sympathetic

location Shiyoda

outfit here

mentions n/a

tag BatsyLaMora BatsyLaMora

Miura, Aki

/* ------ right side ------ */

Aki had been walking in a quiet reverie, enjoying the soft push of an occasional breeze that ghosted through the streets of the neighborhood. It would always start off soft at first, just the audible sound of rustling trees, a sound akin to the rolling tide of the ocean. It would then grow strength as it neared him, becoming enough of a force to pull at his clothing and hair.

The sound of his name traveling through the air brought his attention upward, and the dark haired male paused in his commute. He turned his head to the side, studying the woman’s face beside him. She looked unsure of herself, nervous. Her red hair was enough of a trait for Aki to remember who she was, even if they hadn’t been well acquainted before. The memory of his host walking him through the hallways flashed in Aki’s mind. The woman had been walking about the large grounds of the mansion, and the host had pointed with a single finger and simply said 'Yua.'

“Ah--Yua,” Aki smiled softly. “Yeah, I’m headed back to the mansion now.” His eyes followed hers until the woman’s stormy blue gaze shifted nervously and dropped to the floor. A devious thought flickered through his mind momentarily. He could pull a reaction out of her now, if he wished to. It would be a nice peek into her personality, depending on how she reacted. Aki’s gaze flickered downwards at the staticky crinkling of saran wrapping. Yua had shifted and in turn, the dango she was holding in her hand had made a sound in protest. The pieces began to fall in place the longer Aki took in the possessions Yua held in her hand. What she said next fully solidified his suspicions, and he decided against teasing her.

“Oh--” He said, the look in his green eyes a bit guarded at having been blind sided by the sudden declaration. Now it was his turn to be flustered. Aki snapped his gaze downwards onto the beige pavement of the sidewalk. The feeling of the summer air and the rich scent of the flowers that Yua held in her arms swarmed together in a dizzying effect. His mother’s grave was in the city where they had lived previously, meaning that he could only find time to visit it when he had an extended period off from school. That time just so happened to fall always in Summer. He choked down an uneasy feeling that began to spread through his body and leak into each limb.

“Uh-- I,” Aki swallowed, preparing himself to come up with some kind of excuse to politely decline her offer, but when he met her eyes, he couldn’t find the nerve within himself to refuse. The look in her eyes felt so familiar. He saw himself as a child, clinging to his aunt’s hand as she led him through the sea of headstones. Aki couldn’t leave Yua to do that alone.

“Yeah,” He smiled, hoping to brighten the mood. “Of course, I’ll go with you. Lead the way,” He gestured with his hand, taking a place by her side.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

good morning...

At the wince, Jun felt another pang of guilt coursing through his body. He smoothed his fingers away from the wounded area and cupped his face gently between both his warm hands so that he could tilt the younger male’s head forward a bit. He leaned down and ever so gently he kissed the spot that had been hurt and moved away so he could tilt Tanjiro’s head back to look up at him. “As repayment for hurting you, even though unintentional, I’m offering a free night of my services whenever you desire.”

He pinned his intense gaze on the male, a genuine, small smile tugging at Jun’s lips. Sliding his hands from the other’s cheeks, his fingertips smoothing along his soft skin before letting them drop to gather the smaller ones frame from under his armpits to help stand him up. He did it slowly so as not to cause further harm to Tanjiro. When he helped him settle back into his stool, he grabbed for his waffles that had been abandoned on the bar top–now cold–and headed for the entranceway of the kitchen. “See you around cutie.”

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

Yua

The Cat

Mood:

Melancholic, lonely and a bit relieved.

Shiyoda

Outfit:

Tags:

Yua sensed his hesitation and she reprimanded herself internally. A stream of nervous and berating thoughts swam through her mind as she shifted almost uncomfortably–although her face never showed the inner turmoil. She was just about to plaster a fake smile on her features and dismiss the idea for him but at his acceptance of the offer, she faltered for a moment and looked away sheepishly.

“Thank you.” She said softly, but still loud enough for him to hear over the wind that pushed through them. A small sense of relief twinging her voice. Her hair was swept up by the gust, the long, red, soft strands dancing between them for a moment. The gentle scent of her shampoo filling the space between them; it was a soft floral mixed with something comforting, something akin to warm vanilla. The fragrance of it mixing in with the flowers she had been holding and mingling in a nice way.

When Aki stepped to the side and gestured for her to lead the way, she began her trek again in the direction of the cemetery. She kept her eyes down as she quietly admitted her feelings at that moment to the male. She wasn’t sure why she confessed something so private–at least what was private to her–to him so easily but being in his presence now felt somewhat like finding a kindred spirit. “I didn’t want to be alone.” She let the words slip from her full lips then followed it with silence; the heaviness of her sadness settling between them.

However, as they started walking together, Yua suddenly felt the awkwardness of the moment and argued with herself on why she was stupid enough to ask him to come with her? When she saw the male, it was more out of impulse to ask him. Yes, she didn't want to be alone, and she also didn't think he would agree; so now the uneasiness between them clung at the guilt of the small amount of relief she had felt. She should have never put him in such a weird situation. And now...she had no idea what to say or even talk about. She didn't really know him at all, in fact other than them living in the same house and hearing something along the lines of them being the same age and knowing his name, she knew absolutely nothing.

The onslaught of emotions and thoughts ripped through her in waves, one right after the other until she was a hurricane of disaster inside her mind--but luckily for her, she mastered the art of outward indifference at a young age and used it to the full extent of her capabilities at all times except for the small moments where she was caught off guard and couldn't help the blush that tinted at her cheeks; just like when she saw the male coming in her direction.

She gripped the bag she had been carrying a bit tighter in her hand before mentally shaking away the depressing thoughts that threatened to consume her and instead turned her attention to the male next to her. She glanced at the bag he had been carrying and tilted her head towards it a bit, “Were you out shopping?”

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
yuitext.png
1655004599165.png
leviohsa leviohsa

Yui jumped slightly and suddenly whipped her head around, wondering who in the heck decided to yell out her name in the middle of the store. Obviously they knew her -considering they had referred to her brother in what she was making him do- but she wondered if she knew them. Their voice was familiar, and soon enough she was able to catch sight of the person who called out to her. "Tsuji!" she said happily, bouncing a little bit in her place. Reddish eyes watched as he tossed a pack of toilet paper into her basket and she pouted slightly "Hey, I'm here for school shopping! Not food...At least not yet!" she pointed out as she puffed her cheeks. He was leaned forward and looking right into the basket filled with her stuff and now his toilet paper, he asked her a question to which the young woman answered "Yes. Gotta be prepared for the next school year. It'll avoid the trouble last minute! Plus if I get everything now, I don't have to be sad about it not being here later."

"Listen, I do more than just go places to eat Tsuji. Not always will you find me in a restaurant."
then she paused with close eyebrows and pursing her lips in thought "...Scratch that...You will always find me in a restaurant! But I promise I do much more than just eat!" at this point she was holding her finger up as she spoke "Now why are you here buying overpriced Toilet Paper? You should try shopping at a more local market than an office supply place." wiggling her said-finger, she tsked him and shook that pink head "Tsuji, Tsuji, Tsuji. What are we gonna do with you, huh?" Yui was sure at least he'd know better than to pay top dollar for some TP, but from what it seemed, that was the last thing on his mind. Looking from the cart to him, she patted his arm "We can go shopping at the market after this, okay?"

Yuriko stared at herself in the near floor to ceiling mirror in her room, moving side to side, a soured look on her face. She was having a hard time deciding if the outfit she was wearing was cute enough to be seen in public. The last time she had to worry about such a thing was when she was in elementary school - the last time she attended a school with other students. She smoothed her small hands over the dress she was wearing. She sighed as she figured the one she was wearing might have been a little too extravagant for a day out getting school supplies.

Rummaging through her closet, she finally picked out a dark blue almost black shirt with sheer cap sleeves and a peach colored skirt that sat perfectly at her waist. She slipped on a simple pair of sandals that buckled at the ankle. She ran her fingers through her dark brown hair and smoothed any wayward strands into place. Grabbing a small, thin strapped, cross-body purse, she checked her phone one last time for the weather, hoping that it wouldn’t suddenly storm and she went without an umbrella. She placed her phone in her bag and quickly made her down the stairs where several of the servants paused to bow respectfully to her. She was just making it to the front door when one of the butlers stopped her in her tracks.
“Miss. Nakajima, where are you going in such a hurry?” Taka, one of the eldest butlers that was employed by her parents looked down at the young girl, a gray eyebrow raising in curiosity.
“N-nowhere!” Yuriko huffed out, her hand firmly gripping the doorknob.
“Well, surely, Ryo could give you a ride to Nowhere.” He pressed. He could see the girl tense at the suggestion before she turned sharply on her heel to face him, a determined look on her face.
“I can go by myself!” She huffed in a bratty tone at the man. “I don’t need a bodyguard everywhere I go!”
“Miss. Nakajima, I just meant that town is a very far walk from here and the heat will surely be no joke. You have to remember, your body can not handle such stresses.”
He stared her down and her cheeks reddened at the shame she felt for the way she responded to him.
“I…” she started, turning away from him, thinking it over as she opened the door and was immediately hit with the almost sweltering humidity of the summer air. “I guess that will be fine.”

Soon enough she was in the back of one of the many town cars her family owned and she was riding through the streets until they began to hit the busier streets of the city. She stared out of the tinted window in awe at the beauty of the busy streets and sidewalks. She could barely contain her excitement until she told Ryo to drop her off near the train station. He pulled over and quickly made it to her side to open the door for her. He told her to give him a call when she was ready to leave and he would meet her here to pick her up. He wished her luck and watched as she walked back towards the shopping center.

Standing by a large fountain, she looked around at all the people, unbelieving for a moment that this was all real. She felt like a normal school student. Spending summer break to get ready for the next semester to begin. She couldn’t believe that her parents finally allowed her to go to public school, but she certainly knew that if it wasn’t for Anzu helping her to convince her parents, she would not be here. She watched as a couple of girls that looked to be her age began to walk in her direction and she thought it would be the perfect opportunity to ask where the supply store that was on her list to get her books and other needed items she needed for her classes. It looked like they were carrying bags from the very store she needed.

As they came closer, Yuriko pulled out her list from her purse and stepped almost in their path, waving shyly at them, “Umm…excuse me?”
“Yeah?” The girl in the middle narrowed her eyes at the green eyed girl, “What do you want?”
“C-Could you possibly tell me where this store is?” Yuriko blushed slightly at the sudden embarrassment she felt with the way the other female was regarding her. She held up the list and pointed to the store she needed.
The girl glanced at the list, then moved the plastic bag she had been holding behind her back and placed her free hand on her hip, “No idea.” She commented snidely.
“But it looks like you just came from there.” Yuriko looked at her confused, glancing down at the bag she could clearly see she was trying to hide.
“Nope.” The girl laughed in her face, before urging her friends on, who just stood at her sides smirking darkly at Yuriko. They giggled and walked past her, making fun as they continued on their way.

Yuriko stood there dumbfounded for a moment before huffing to herself and just headed in the direction they came from. From her deductions, it had to be that way. She looked up at the store names glancing down every so often to the list in her hand to make sure she knew what she was looking for. With a sigh, she stopped in her tracks, feeling the heat getting to her for a moment, and moved to lean against the front of a small shop next to her. The humidity clung to her and made her feel breathless as it felt like her lungs were filling with water. Her cheeks were flushed and she reached a hand up to fan at her face. Closing her eyes for a second she thought that maybe this was a terrible idea after all and she should just go home.

“Are you okay?” She suddenly heard, shooting open her eyes, looking into the impossibly shiny brown eyes of a young boy. She stiffened at the sudden closeness he was at when he stepped toward her more. “Are you sick?”
“Huh?” She asked dumbly before the words registered in her brain. “Oh, no, I’m just resting. It’s impossibly hot.”
“Well, duh, it’s Summer!” he looked at her with a look that suggesting he was thinking she was stupid or something.
She huffed and turned her head away, sticking her aristocratic nose up in the air. “Go away, you’re bothering me.” She demanded of him. He raised a brow up at her and a sly smile pulled at his lips.
“Well, you’re in my way, so if you move I can certainly do that.” He cocked his head to the side a bit, calling attention to the door of the cafe she actually leaned against.
“Oh!” She blushed slightly and moved away from the door. She moved to step around the boy when he noticed the note in her hand.
“That store is right around the corner by the way.” He said in passing as he entered the cafe. She blinked in his direction before a smile brightened her face and she waved to him, rushing off in the direction he said. Ignoring the way he stared after her.

Finally making it to the cool air conditioned shop she had been looking for. She sighed in relief and looked back down at the small bulleted list of things she needed. She grabbed a basket to put the items in and silently weaved her way through aisles upon aisles desperately trying to find what she needed. Just when she thought she found something on her list, it was either taken by someone else a little quicker than her or it was the wrong thing.

She was increasingly becoming frustrated and mulled it over in her head to ask for help, but the fear of someone else just laughing in her face again stopped her short and she would just die of embarrassment if anyone here found out that this was the first time she was ever shopping for school supplies. She turned down another aisle that seemed to be a million miles long, but thankfully empty, she searched and searched through all the shelves and could feel the tears of annoyance brimming in her eyes.

She kept glancing between the list in her hand and the shelves, desperately looking for at least one of the books she needed. The tears in her eyes made her vision blurry and she reached up to angrily rub them out of her eyes. She took in a deep breath, settling her nerves. She debated back and forth with herself to ask someone for help but she was still paralyzed with the fear that everyone would just laugh at her. What kind of seventeen year old didn’t know how to shop for school supplies and textbooks?

At the sounds of lively chatter pulling her from her thoughts, she quietly made her way out of the aisle she was down and peered down the other where the two were talking. She watched them silently, feeling a sense of jealousy at how easy it seemed to be for them but there was something else there underneath the jealousy, something akin to familiarity. She focused on their faces, on their voices, hoping that it would come back to her with how she knew them.

Suddenly the thought that she might get caught staring at the pair, frightened her from her position and she pulled back to rest against the end of the shelf as she mustered all the courage she had in herself to ask them for help. They looked nice and with that odd feeling that she got from even being this far from them kept prodding at her, she figured if she was going to ask anyone for help, might as well be them.

She stepped back around the shelving and made her way quietly down the aisle. She stopped arm's length away from the tall male, her short and tiny figure completely hidden behind him. She took in a breath and let it out just as quietly as her steps and reached for the edge of his jacket, tugging on it softly. A deep blush tinted her cheeks, as she looked away nervously, “E-Excuse me?” Her voice was soft and held the frustration and the nervousness she felt, “C-Could you please help me?”

The God

Yuriko.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

tsuji takehide

• mood

unnerved, curious

"Hey, I'm here for school shopping! Not food...At least not yet!"
An impish grin adorned the man's face, amber eyes amusedly watching just how hard the Yui had to try and defend herself. It was quite funny, because of course he knew she didn't only eat.. But he also knew that if she didn't have a snack within each hour, she'd get grumpy.. quick. She was right about one thing though, there were a lot smarter places to get toilet paper.. so at her offer to stop at the market, Tsuji responded in a posh voice,

"Forgive me! I am not usually stooped so low as to be the TP runner. What else is a man of class supposed to do?" The much taller man held up the back of his hand to his forehead, leaning back to feign a woeful look, his voice just as dramatic to match.

His loud voice, and demeanor in general, nearly made him miss the meek voice that piped up from behind him. "C-Could you please help me?" Now even more curious than before, his posture straightened up and he swiftly turned to see the source of the shy request.

Bright green eyes. Piercing straight through his chest. An extremely unfamiliar ache coursed through him, as if he were reuniting with a long lost relative. A love? He had absolutely no idea, and for the first time in quite a while, the man was left speechless. Thin lips were expressionless while his eyes widened. Who the hell was she?

Either way, he didn't like this feeling at all. It was extremely unfamiliar, and it worried him deeply. Blinking a few times, he responded, "Uh, sure. What's up?" Tsuji may not have liked the feeling she gave him, but it didn't mean she didn't deserve help.

never change

COIN

♡coded by uxie♡

mood Sympathetic

location Shiyoda

outfit here

mentions n/a

Miura, Aki

“I didn’t want to be alone.”

Aki simply nodded, allowing silence to take its place between them. He didn’t ask for further elaboration. He didn’t need to.

There was a feeling of electric friction between the two of them as they continued their walk in silence, a kind of awkward tension that drifted in and made itself known. They were acquainted with each other but not well, potentially both afflicted by the same unknown factor that resulted in being placed in the Higurashi household but with no suave way to go about confirming that detail. Aki could feel that Yua was uncomfortable in her new situation, although she did her best to hide her nervous fiddling beside him. Her face was a stoic mask, the only betrayal of her true feelings a tint of blush splashed across her cheeks.

Aki shifted the backpack thrown on one shoulder while he walked. His eye slid to the peripheral to take in his new companion, the beginnings of a coy smile pulling at the corners of his mouth from her question. “Something like that,” he said with a shrug. “I’m doing research with a professor at my University. The bookstore is on the way back so I stop by and see if I can find anything useful in relation to the topic.”

The young man eyed the approaching cemetery in the distance. A queasy feeling began to bloom in his chest from the sight, and he gripped the strap of his backpack to avoid revealing the tremor that had overtaken his hands. “What about you? Any day plans after this?”

© weldherwings.

Yua

The Broken Legacy

Mood:

Despair, Guilty

Shiyoda - Cemetery

Outfit:

Tags:

Yua listened to him talk and found that she enjoyed listening to the sound of his voice. There was a calmness to it that settled the raging emotional storm that swirled inside of her. She focused on it as they walked closer to the cemetery, nodding to show that she was listening to him. As they climbed the steps to the top and led him to the row of headstones that her father was in, she slowed her steps a bit. Almost like she wanted to linger back and not come to the journey's end. So, instead she focused on his question. “I’m not sure to be honest.” She answered him, “I don’t have work or classes for he summer so I’m not really sure what to do.”

Apprehension made her fingers tighten on the tote she was carrying, the only visible sign of the turmoil she was feeling. But she pressed on and made it to the tall gray stoned headstone with the articulate, elegant kanji for Nakamura. It was simple but it was perfect to honor her father. She stopped and stood staring at it for a moment before she quietly began to brush off some of the cherry blossom petals that found their way to the tombstone from the wind.

She began to unpack all the items she brought. Replacing old incense with the new, placing the dango offering along with the other snack. She poured a little cup of his favorite juice and then lit the new incense with a match from the tiny matchbox she had in her dress pocket. Flicking her wrist to put out the flame, she stepped back as she placed the box back in her pocket and stood there silently for a moment.

Placing her tote down next to her feet, she placed her hands together and bowed her head a bit, praying for her father for a brief moment. She shifted a bit nervously next to Aki before she began to speak to the man. Her voice was soft and surprisingly even.

“Hi Dad…” She started gently, “I hope you’re doing okay where you are.” She paused for a breath, “I did really well on my Physics test. I didn’t think I would but I remembered what you used to tell me when I was younger and didn’t panic this time.” She gave a little laugh, the sound of it gentle and musical. It was perfectly fitting for her despite her normal temperament and boyish style.

She glanced to her side for a moment, the blush decorating her cheeks once more before she nervously fidgeted with her dress with her fingers. She gathered the soft material a bit, the front of her skirt rising but not suggestively so. She cleared her throat some, her voice lowering a bit, as if she was afraid someone else would hear her conversation even though there was no one else around.

“Dad, this is Aki he’s…” She trailed off a bit, not really sure how to describe her relationship with him, “A roommate of mine.” She settled with the truth. “Mom and Ren left and I didn’t have anywhere else to go when school ended but I met this really nice family and they took me in. The other people that live there have the same…uhm…problem that I have.” She fidgeted a bit more, her head bowing some more, “Please don’t be mad at me. I know it’s improper for an unwed girl to live with males, but I promise he seems really nice. He did come with me here after all when he didn’t have to.” Her blush deepened at the last sentence.

She became silent for a long moment, tilting her head away from Aki, as tears welled up in her eyes as the gravity of the situation became heavier on her shoulders. She sniffled lightly feeling the overwhelming crushing feeling of darkness sizzling at every corner of her being. Without thinking about it, she suddenly reached next to her and grabbed Aki’s hand in her smaller one, holding it tightly, afraid that if she let go she would be swept away just like the cherry blossom petals in the wind of her own despair.

“I miss you so much Dad. I wish you were still here with me.” She suddenly blurted out, her voice wavering with her emotions. “I feel so alone without you. You were the only one who really understood me. I-I feel like I disappointed you and put too much burden on you. I feel so guilty that I’m the rea–”

She cut herself off suddenly, clamping her mouth shut so hard that her teeth clacked together. Tears streamed down her cheeks in this unusual display of emotions. She usually held herself together easily, barely any break of her stoic mask. But with her almost confession of how she felt about her father’s death, how she had been blaming herself all these years for his suicide–all because of the terrible things her classmates told her; that it was her fault–and the way her mother and brother pulled away from her and eventually left her behind when they moved.

She was barely holding on and for some reason with Aki at her side, she felt like she could let go of the control she had been exerting to let the horribleness she felt inside to escape.

yuitext.png
1655158687727.png
leviohsa leviohsa moarte moarte

While Tsuji was being dramatic, Yui couldn't help but both roll her eyes and let out a giggle. He was always a hoot to have around and it was one of the reasons why she clicked fairly well with him and became his friend. It also helped when he had offered food to her just one time and that sealed the deal above anything else. "Oh shush up Tsuji! You're so dramatic." she took her fist and gently shoved his one arm with said-fist before hearing someone speak, but it was just barely. Looking around on her side, she saw no one, but when looking at her dark-haired friend, she slowly tilted back to see a girl who was tugging the edge of his jacket. I barely even heard her, she was so quiet. the pink-haired woman thought as she adjusted her basket and popped out from behind her friend entirely. Looking at the girl, Yui definitely didn't know her, but yet felt oddly familiar which kinda made her feel weird. Alas, Yui went with it "Of course we could help you! Do you need Tsuji here to get something for you from the top shelf? He's great at that!" with a pat on his back, she grinned at the girl "I'm Yui and this is Tsuji! We'd be more than happy to help you with anything you need."

No matter how this girl made Yui feel, she was still in need of assistance and she was more than happy to help. Even if Tsuji didn't, her brother was still around getting her what she asked for and he'd definitely help too. Her brown eyes both shifted from her bestie, to the girl, wondering what was gonna happen next as she rocked onto her heels and off them. Had she not been holding her basket, she would have had her hands behind her back as well. Looking at the piece of paper in the girl's arms, she went to move forward to take a look what was on it. Hopefully she didn't scare the girl from her open personality.​

Hikaru
A small grumble filled the air as one slender arm stretched out from beneath a pile of blankets bundled on top of the bed. There was a pause before more movement caused one blanket to slip down to reveal a messy mop of golden locks, strands of hair sticking up every which way. Delicate eyelids peeled back to reveal emerald eyes which gazed sleepily at the red numbers displayed on the clock sat on the nightstand as a deep sigh filled the morning air. Though he was still tired from staying up far later than he should have researching ways out of the predicament they had all found themselves in, he had promised Haru that he would meet him at the library to look for books about curses.

Pushing the blankets back, Hikaru sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed, stretching his arms over his head as he yawned. He padded over to his closet and pulled on the first set of clothes that his hands touched, not really paying attention to what it was he had grabbed. He paused to run a brush through his hair before grabbing his backpack from his desk chair and making his way downstairs. He considered breakfast but he wasn't feeling particularly hungry and he didn't want to make Haru wait any longer than he already had. He reasoned he could grab something from a café if he found himself hungry later.

He headed through the main hall towards the front door, throwing Asuna a tired smile and wave from where he could see her sitting at the piano, though he didn't head over since he didn't want to disrupt her practice. The door closed behind him and he headed down the front steps and down the main driveway. The driver their father had hired tried to convince Hikaru to take the car but Hikaru had two fully functional legs thank you very much. So what if he had been in the hospital for a year and yeah, he had a tendency to become out of breath easier than in the past, but it wasn't like he was about to keel over from traveling to the library by himself.

One train ride later and he was standing at the steps to the library. Heading inside, he veered off the main path as he approached the customer service desk where a woman stood. "Excuse me." Hikaru spoke up quietly to gain the woman's attention. "I'm meeting with someone here, his name-." but he was cut off before he could speak more than a few words. "Haru is back that way." The woman said, gesturing to a section of the library. Hikaru blinked in slight shock before giving the woman a small bow and hurrying in the direction she had pointed. He thought she had mumbled something about friends as he was leaving but he wasn't able to hear her clearly.

His eyes scanned down the rows as he walked, looking for Haru's tall figure among the shelves. He had just turned a corner, Haru's name on his lips as he spotted the other male when he caught sight of the woman standing there and heard the tail-end of her confession. He was about to high-tail it back around the book shelves to give the two of them privacy but he noticed how uncomfortable Haru looked pressed back against the shelves behind him, the woman practically caging the poor man in.

Alarm bells began to ring through Hikaru's head as he noticed how close the other woman was to Haru and a scowl settled across his face as he headed towards them. Didn't this woman know the meaning of personal space? Normally he wouldn't hesitate to shove himself between them to get her to back away, but a miniature pony was not something that needed to suddenly appear in the library so he would have to get her away from Haru another way.

"Please back away from him, you're making him uncomfortable." Hikaru said as he drew nearer to the pair.
coded by reveriee.

Haru Ito

• mood

Scared, Embarrassed, Annoyed

Haru remained silent, trying to think of what he could possibly say to this girl. Her confession did resonate within him, just not in a way that she had hoped and he panicked on what he could say to her. Just as he was about to respond, he heard the voice of Hikaru and a sigh of relief flooded through his entire being. At least for one brief moment because when the girl noticed the blonde male, she suddenly became more aggressive and a bit possessive of Haru.

She stepped closer to the dark haired male, blatantly ignoring the shorter male, her intense gaze focused solely on Haru and Haru alone. She had this look in her eyes that she was defying the blonde, as if to say ‘I was here first, he’s mine!’

It was in slow motion, he could see it happening; her arms coming up to wrap around his right arm and tugging him close to her body, while she finally acknowledged the blonde, her adoring gaze shifting to a darker one as she glared at Hikaru.

Haru let in a tight breath as the world around him blackened for a moment, the sizzle of electrifying energy from the magic of the curse seized the air between him and the female and with a poof, he was changed from man to animal. His heart pounded in his chest as his clothes limped around him in the absence of his human figure. He looked up at the female with big, bright blue eyes filled with anxious fear. He watched as she blinked in confusion, her mind reeling from what just happened and then lowering her gaze to the sudden appearance of a black rabbit nestled in the clothes of the man she just had been confessing her love to.

She was silent for a moment before the situation dawned on her and she let out a screech, “Ehhh?!”

Haru bristled in his spot, fear and embarrassment paralyzing him. His heart was a drum in his little chest cavity and everything in him was telling him to run, but he just couldn’t. He was completely stuck and the more this girl made that god awful, high pitched screech, the more he could hear people clamoring to get to where she was. Shouts of the people asking what was going on. He backed up more against the shelf behind him, feeling more trapped than before and the only movement he could make was to lock his eyes with Hikaru and silently plead for him to help.

Waves

Dean Lewis

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Hikaru
Hikaru's scowl deepened at the sight of the woman's blatant possessive nature towards Haru, like a dog guarding its favorite toy from another canine. His hands clenched from where they were gripping the straps of his backpack, resisting the urge to yank this rude lady away by her shirt. She was acting like Haru was hers already despite having not heard him voice his feelings towards her and she seemed to have entirely missed how uncomfortable Haru had looked just minutes ago.

At the sight of the woman wrapping herself around Haru's arm, Hikaru instinctively lunged forward though he wasn't sure what he could do given that he would transform should he get too close to the woman but he couldn't just stand by and do nothing! Unfortunately he was too slow and his heart dropped to his stomach at the sight of smoke filling the small space. Breath trembling in his throat, his eyes dropped to the floor as soon as the smoke cleared, his fear proving true as he spotted Haru nestled in his clothes in his rabbit form.

A wince crossed Hikaru's features as the lady filled the air with an unholy screeching sound but he didn't have time to spare by telling her to shut the hell up, he needed to get Haru out of here and fast before he transformed back! Haru backed up to press further against the book shelf, which widened the space between him and the lady and gave Hikaru all the opportunity that he needed.

Ducking low, Hikaru threw himself forward, scooping Haru and his clothes into his arms as gently as he could, hugging the rabbit to his chest. Using his small form to his advantage, Hikaru slipped around the lady and past the cart filled with books to be shelved, darting away before the lady could regain her senses. As he disappeared around the corner, he could hear people filling the other end of the aisle, their confused voices filling the air.

Once Hikaru broke free of the aisles, he broke into a full sprint towards the front doors, ignoring someones shout not to run in the library as he dodged around people. Pushing open the doors, Hikaru hit the sidewalk and kept running, eyes scanning for a place where they could hide away until Haru turned back into his human form.

"It's going to be okay." Hikaru told Haru, ignoring the ache that was building in his lungs as he kept up his mad dash.
coded by reveriee.

Relaxing at Home
Emiko Watanobe

Making his way back home from the bus stop Emiko walked towards the front door of the house. He heard the piano playing from outside, and smiled to himself before unlocking the door to walk in. The piano music surrounded him as he stood at the entrance for a moment to take in the beautiful melody. He had always wanted to learn how to play, but was never a kid that could sit still long enough for a lesson. His parents tried to get him to learn, but he was more of an outdoors kid.

“That’s a wonderful song, Asuna.” Emiko complimented her before heading upstairs to his room. Throwing his things on the bed Emiko took off his shoes, glasses, and undid the tie around his neck to be able to breathe. A snack sounds good right about now, he thought to himself. Even though the cashier gave him a free treat with the coffee it wasn't enough to satisfy his sweet tooth, so he decided to make his way down to the kitchen. Humming a tune while practically jumping down the stairs to the kitchen Emiko pulled out his phone to check any notifications. He had gotten a few notifications for upcoming appointments which he ignored as it’s his off time, and had 3 personal messages waiting to be looked at.

Phone Messages:

1) Himari: I apologize for canceling our coffee date again, but something important came up for tomorrow. If you want to reschedule we can.
  • Reply: No thanks. I’d suggest we quit speaking as it’s clear, through the 5th cancellation, that we’re getting nowhere. [blocks]
2) Hana: Let’s go grab some coffee! When would you be available?
  • Reply: Of course, I’d like that. My schedule actually opened up if you have free time tomorrow?
3) Akio: Ey, bro, we’re going out for drinks, come through
  • Reply: Nah, I'm good. Speaking of which, where's my shirt? 🤔

He was halfway into the kitchen when he looked up to see Tanjiro’s face beet red as a tomato. “Uh, buddy, are you alright?” He asked while putting his phone away. “You look like you're burning up, do you have a fever?” He looked around to see if an item he saw earlier was still around. “I think I saw a thermometer somewhere around here, we should check your temperature to be safe.”

coded by reveriee.

“Tsuji.” She said his name first, "Yui.” She acknowledged the female.

Yuriko tested the names on her lips. The names were firmly planted in her memory now and that unforgettable feeling of being in their presence before tugged at her core. Their names ringing like a forgotten memory through every fiber of her being. This heavy sense of a bond strengthening inside of her. A bond she couldn’t quite understand or begin to explain. These two were a part of that. They were meant to be by her side. They possessed the spirits of the zodiacs and it called to the spirit of the God residing within her. The feeling was overwhelming and she wanted to cry.

Cry like she had just found a long lost family member that she loved so deeply it hurt.

She stared up at the dark haired male for a long moment, then as if something inside of her clicked, she could see visions of the gold eyed boy in the hospital and when she shifted her eyes to the pink haired girl, it was the same.

She clamped her mouth shut, afraid if she didn’t she would blurt out something awfully embarrassing. How do you go about telling these *strangers* that they weren’t exactly strangers to her?

Her fingers clasped tighter in the male’s jacket, her eyes shifting down to her shoes as she bowed her head a bit. She struggled and shifted awkwardly before she suddenly held her list out to the girl as she came closer to her, “I-I need help f-finding these things!” The nervousness in her voice was easy to hear and she hid her face more from them, waiting for the onslaught of laughter and teasing she was sure she would get.

“I c-can’t find anything in this store.” She stammered a bit hopelessly. The dam of frustration threatened to break inside of her. She willed the tears not to come this time and clenched her jaw tightly. She couldn’t make eye contact with the other two after that, unable to show her shame.

The God

Yuriko.

♡coded by uxie♡

mood Sympathetic

location Shiyoda

outfit here

mentions n/a

Miura, Aki

After a bit of time walking through the sea of headstones that filled the otherwise empty land around them, Aki noticed that his steps had begun to misalign with Yua’s beside him. He was now a few paces in front of her, having to consciously slow down his pace to allow her to catch up. Each step she took felt like half a normal pace. He understood quickly, having done the same thing to his aunt the first several visits to his mother’s grave. If you walked slow enough--maybe you’d never reach the gleaming headstone. Maybe it would cease to exist entirely.

The young man offered a nod of understanding to Yua’s answer. He was grateful to have his summer research to focus on. Without some kind of busywork to fill his days, Aki was afraid of falling victim to the listless stillness of his thoughts, a stillness that would allow darker notions to bubble up from their suppression. Usually he would fill his time entertaining his younger cousins or helping his aunt around the house, but this new life would require him to find other ways to distract himself instead.

Aki opted to remain silent while Yua prepared the items she had brought for the grave visit. His green eyes were gentle as they followed the movements of her hands perform acts that he hated to admit were familiar to him. The sharp scent of burning matches fired at his senses quickly before it gave way to the thicker, heavier scent of incense. Aki averted his gaze away from the young woman who stood up to take the empty space by his side. He instead trained his eyes on the headstone before them, tracing over the deeply engraved characters that read ‘Nakamura’ on the side.

He decided to keep his expression neutral, allowing for Yua to openly express herself as she wished. It’s what his aunt had always done for him. Aki found that over the years of visiting his mother’s grave, the best type of support had been the silent kind. The one that was there when he needed it but allowed him to operate as he wished, unjudging and passive. His body visibly stiffened, however, once Yua shifted to the topic of their living situation and her affliction. So she was affected by whatever had happened to him too. Aki winced at the memory of his younger cousin running up and hugging him at home, only to find himself moments later tangled within Aki’s abandoned clothing and accompanied by the green hued form of a snake peeking up at him in surprise.

Silence pounced in on them after Yua took a lapse in her monologue, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. Aki listened to the softened sound of the wind breezing across their surroundings, watching as it stretched the thin tale of smoking incense far into the air. He was pulled from his small reverie when a soft hand slid into his own. Yua’s grip was tight, desperate, as if his hand alone was the one thing tethering her down onto the ground. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze back. Grief was never predictable, always appearing at its worst and strongest when you least expected it.

Aki’s voice was softer than the tone he had taken on before as he said. “I don’t think your father would care about any of that,” He peered over at Yua, whose face was still turned away from him. “I think he’d just be happy that you’re safe, and doing well.” Aki smiled softly. “Death makes it easy to discern what’s important in life and your relationships. And--well, disappointment and blame, they don't ever really take precedence do they?" He gave her hand another light squeeze, tilting his head to the side. “Your relationship with your father sounds nice.”

© weldherwings.

• how he's feeling...

flustered and embarrassed... again

Tanjiro

the dragon

"well now..."
Tanjiro made a motion to try and tell Jun not to worry about his injury only for the older boy to pull him up to his feet by his armpits. It made him feel like some sort of doll, especially considering the ease with which Jun did so.

The dragon felt the remains of Jun's light kiss on his head and the effects of his parting words long after he left. There was that mention of 'services' again. He still didn't know exactly what he meant. In his vacant state, Tanjiro's omelet was left on the counter forgotten for a moment until he effectively woke up again. Tanjiro stared at the egg dish that was bathed with ketchup. He sighed, picking up the plate and throwing away the remainder. He didn't like wasting food but it was overcooked anyway and the way it made him feel was strange. A fluttering in his stomach.

It was just as Tanjiro finished washing the last dish that Emiko appeared in the doorway and made a comment on the redness of his face. The monkey's words only made the flush even deeper. "No, no, I'm fine. Thank you for the concern!" Even though Tanjiro said that, he couldn't help but wonder why Emiko would have a thermometer on his person so readily...

♡coded by uxie♡

Yua

The Cat

Mood:

Despair

Shiyoda; Cemetery

Outfit:

Tags:

At his words, Yua let out a breath as if she had been waiting a long time to hear someone say it wasn’t her fault. She sniffled and reached up with her free hand to wipe the tears from her emotionally reddened cheeks and nose. She finally turned to look at the taller male next to her and looked up at him as if her whole world was collapsing around her. Her eyes were wide and filled with new unshed tears. Her lower lip and chin trembled from the waning strength she had to keep from completely breaking apart in front of him. She had never allowed herself to fully feel the extent of her grief because of how guilty she felt. All it took was the kind words from practically a stranger to let her know that her dad still loved her and wanted the best for his little girl.

She turned towards him a bit, her hand in his squeezing ever so slightly more, her other hand coming out to pinch at his sleeve just above his wrist of the very hand that was holding hers. “Aki…” her voice came out in a wavering sigh.

She didn’t know how to ask him or even if she could get the words out. She desperately needed to be held. She had been strong for herself for such a long time, that asking for help from anyone else was almost sickening to her. She could feel the tightness in her stomach, both from the carousel of despair and the nervousness of such an intimate but comforting request from the male.

Facing him completely, she became paralyzed with the need inside of her to be comforted. Her legs felt weak and her fingers trembled against his own. The unshed tears finally cresting over the dam of her lower lashes and silently dripped down her pretty face. The question burned in her throat, but still she couldn’t get the words out. The desideratum of it threatened to pull her apart and lay her bare before this male. She was completely raw and human in that moment and he was witnessing it like a thief stealing a precious jewel.

She stared up at him, pleading silently that he would read her mind and envelope her in the first hug that she would have gotten since before her father even passed. Even after his death, her mother or brother never comforted her. She was left alone in the black mass of her anguish. She had carried his death on her tiny shoulders, each day chipping away at the person she used to be before he was gone. Someone she could never be again. Someone she gravely wanted to find once more.

But she knew that she was asking too much of him. Even if the words didn’t come out, she knew that it was a heavy burden to ask someone that you barely knew. To ask them to hold you together so you wouldn’t unglue in front of them. Asking them to save you just a little bit at this moment so you finish saving yourself the rest of your life. Yes, she knew that deeply…but she couldn’t help it. Grief took over her and she couldn’t claw her way out of it.

Helping a Friend
Emiko Watanobe

Emiko reached over to place the back of his hand on Tanjiro’s forehead. It was a move that was helpful when it came to an oncoming fever, and he enjoyed using it on little kids. Though, he wasn’t used to using it on adults since their reaction was the complete opposite of a child. “Hmm, it doesn’t feel like you have a fever.” He then dug around in his pockets. “I could have sworn I had one- Ah,” Emiko snapped his fingers. “It’s in my coat, let me grab it, hold on!” He raised a finger before sprinting away back upstairs to his room. Rushing into the shared room he grabbed his jacket, and reached into each pocket, eventually pulling out a thermometer. “Yes!” He celebrated internally before throwing his jacket back on the bed. Rushing out of the room and back down the stairs Emiko sprinted back into the kitchen. “Here, Tanjiro! I got it.”

“How are you feeling? Do you feel fatigue? Nauseous? You should be resting in bed, I can wash the dishes instead.”
He recommended, considering his jump to conclusions on Tanjiro’s health.

coded by reveriee.

• how he's feeling...

mildly overwhelmed

Tanjiro

the dragon

"err... well... this is mildly embarrassing"
Despite not having a temperature, feeling Emiko's cool fingers against his warm forehead made Tanjiro feel better somewhat. It wasn't an illness that made the dragon flush, but rather a very raunchy BL scene from the book that he had brought with him. Tanjiro couldn't find within himself to admit that though. Even if he was mentally prepared to fess up to something so embarrassing, Emiko was already rambling a hundred miles an hour, too fast to get a word in edgewise before running out of the room in search of his thermometer.

Ah. It seems as if Emiko didn't have it on his person after all. Tanjiro stared at the empty doorway that the monkey left through blankly. Was... he expecting him to follow him or wait for him there? After taking a few moments for ponder, Tanjiro silently reopened the book that he was reading from while he waited. This time though, he skipped over the two guys flirting with each other. He didn't want to repeat the strangely vivid imaginings that caused the whitette to blush so profusely.

Under the spell of his book, it felt like only a few moments before Emiko returned with more incessant questions. Or maybe he really was that fast? Tanjiro wouldn't have been able to say. Again, Tanjiro blinked at the other man's questions. "No, I'm fine!" Tanjiro was quick to reassure. "I was going to say it before, but you ran out so fast. I just read an embarrassing part of my book."

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back