• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

temporarybliss

derek hale deserved better
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It was a warm, yet breezy Summer day in Shiyoda, Japan. Spring had just ended and the warm summer air was refreshing to anyone who breathed it in. The large house that the Higurashi's called home stood taller than any of the ones around them, most of which housed small families that they’d speak to on occasion, but not frequently enough that they’d consider them friends or even acquaintances.

The neighborhood was small and cozy, one with nosey neighbors and gossiping housewives, but the Higurashi kids had ended up there after their father decided to be done with them. Cherry Blossoms grew on trees outside of the large mansion and the breeze blew a few petals around causing a beautiful scene in front of the old building. The house was far too large for them to clean it all in one go, and it was still tidy, just a bit dusty from all of the empty space they had.

Ever since they had gotten new roommates in the form of animal spirits though, the mansion had become a bit more lively. For some, it was a revelation, something they desperately needed to feel alive again. For others, it was an annoyance and they just wanted one second of peace and quiet. Whatever the inhabitants feelings were, one thing was for certain; the summer was only just beginning and things were only going to get crazier from here.

• how he's feeling...

still half asleep but hungry

Tanjiro

the dragon

"do I really have to get up?"
Tanjiro woke up late in the day, the sun pouring into his room and onto his eyes. He groaned in protest, flipping over to avoid it. The dragon was hoping to get a few more hours of sleep until his bodily functions forced him to accept that wasn't going to happen. Namely, the rumble in his tummy. Was it really time for breakfast already? With a glance at the clock on his bedstand that read 10:38 in bold red letters, one could argue it was rather more like lunchtime.

With a stretch, Tanjiro finally committed himself to getting up. It didn't take long to throw on a plain white t shirt and some jeans before he moved to leave his room. With a glance around the empty compound, it looked as if there wasn't many out and about. It made sense. Either they were lazier than he was and still asleep or inside their rooms or they were probably out and about like normal people. That was fine for Tanjiro. He couldn't stand social interaction so early in the morning. At least let him eat first.

With that thought in mind, the white haired boy made his way to the kitchen. If Tanjiro was lucky then someone else would have already made something and he could just eat that. If not, then he knew enough about cooking to make a simple omelet or something.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Haru Ito

• mood

A bit dizzy, nauseas and tired.

Haru woke with a groggy start. Something unusual for him. Not that he was much of a morning person but he took good care of his body and mind. He felt sluggish, even after getting the recommended eight hours of sleep. He yawned, reaching up and rubbing the sleepy haze from his eyes. He groaned to himself in a low tone. Something else unusual for himself to do. He was a quiet person and never really gave any indication of dissatisfaction or discomfort of any sort. He felt it to be rude.

Blinking slowly, he looked around his room, trying to remember exactly why he felt the need to stay up as late as he had the night before. When his eyes stopped at the small window next to his bed, he leaned forward at what felt like a glacier pace and pushed aside the curtain. The morning sun was just cresting over the city limits; the early morning commuters making their way to their jobs quietly as they could in the dawn. He yawned again, feeling the heaviness of fatigue lulling him back to bed. He could feel his eyelids fighting to stay open and without a second thought, he slapped his right hand against his cheek–successfully shocking himself awake.

With a shake of his head, he threw back his blankets and swung his feet to the side, standing up completely and stretched. He made a soft grunt but just as he was about to take a step towards the bathroom, he felt woozy and lightheaded. He steadied himself quickly and reached up to hold his hands to his head, hoping that it would ease the swaying he felt. He took a deep breath, suddenly feeling like he was going to be sick. He lowered a hand to his mouth, plopping back down on the edge of the bed and took slow and even breaths.

The last time he had felt this way was when he was a kid and ended up in the hospital.

He didn’t have the luxury of that happening again. He took a few more even breaths as the sickly feeling he had subsided and he gave out a little sigh. He stood up again, slower this time and when the lightheaded feeling didn’t come on this time, he chalked it up as just standing up too quickly after waking. It wasn’t a big deal.

He spent the rest of his morning getting ready for the day. Washing his face, his teeth, getting dressed and grabbed for his satchel bag and took one last look around the modest bedroom and grabbed his keys from his nightstand. He slipped out of his bedroom as quietly as he could and headed downstairs to the front door. He sat down on the little landing that met the foyer that met the front door and tied his boots. He stood up slowly and left the house. The door shut behind him with a soft snap as he walked towards the front entrance of the property. As he made his way to the street, he pulled his long ebony locks into a high ponytail, leaving his bangs to frame his face perfectly. He was halfway down the walkway as he was doing this when another wave of lightheadedness attacked him and he nearly stumbled. Catching himself, he leaned over slightly grabbing at his knees, nearly gagging at the bile that scorched his throat but didn’t leave his mouth. Swallowing it back down almost instinctively before he let out a shallow breath.

“Are you alright, young man?” A business man walking by called out to him, stopping at the entrance way of the complex. Haru looked up at him from his frozen spot, hunched over and just nodded.
“I’m fine, Sir.” His voice was raspy and breathless. It didn’t quite convince the older man, and Haru cleared his throat, straightening himself up and giving the elder a forced smile, “I just tripped.”
“Ah, well you be careful now.” The male said with a nod of his head, and continued on his way.
“Yeah…” Haru said softly, talking morley to himself. He took a deep breath and reached up to touch his forehead again, begging for that swimming feeling to leave him. 'What the hell is wrong with me?'

He took a few more breaths before he started to feel better again and went about his way. Pulling his phone from his pants pocket, he looked at the time and sighed, ‘If I don’t hurry, I’ll be late for the early train.’

Quickly as he could, he made it to the train station and boarded the train he needed just as the doors were about to close and found a seat near the middle. Sitting with a winded sigh, he pulled his satchel bag to his lap and rested his head back against the cool window and closed his eyes. Maybe he was just stressed? He had been putting in a lot more hours at the Library and not eating as much lately because of that. That was probably just it. Nothing to worry about.

Getting off at the right station, he weaved his way through the streets up to the Library – by this time, the streets began to get full of people going to work. He was always so careful of not bumping into anyone in his rush, not wanting to accidentally hurt someone or worse, making himself transform in front of a bunch of strangers. He bowed his head respectfully to a known customer as they were leaving, and slipped in through the door before it closed completely. He quickly made his way to the customer service desk to say hello to his co-worker and on and off again dating partner.

Haru stood there quietly watching Missa engrossed in what she was working on. From what he could see, it looked like she was alphabetizing the reference books. When it seemed like she would never notice him, he cleared his throat softly. Missa looked over her shoulder with a gasp, shock clearly evident on her pretty face, her eyes wide and her mouth hung open in her startle.
“Haru, what are you doing here?” She let out a breath realizing who he was, her eyes trained on him intently.
The male just glanced at his coworker, not a single part of his mask of indifference out of place as he regarded her. “I need to do some research.”
“Research? I thought you knew everything.”
She joked, her eyes going from wide to accusatory, “I was sure you were a machine.”
“Perhaps you should find a way to turn into a machine, you would be more efficient at your work.”
Haru shot back lazily. They stared at one another for a long moment before a wide smile cracked on Missa’s pretty face and a small giggle left her. Haru’s lips twitched in a half smile for just the briefest of seconds before settling back in its usual frown. Or its usual RBF position as Missa liked to call it.
“What do you need to research? I might have the books you need still up here.” She asked, turning towards him a bit more.
Haru was silent for a moment, thinking if he should confess his secret to her or not. Deciding against it, he explained what he was looking for in a vague way,“Just a side project I’m working on, I need some books on curses.”
“Curses?”
She raised a brow. That was completely out of her wheelhouse and something completely out of the ordinary for Haru to wonder about. “Well, I think all the books that may reference something like that would still be in the back. Not a lot of people checking them out.”
“Sure.”
Haru said in a bored way. He gave her one last look before heading around the counter to go up the three steps that would lead to the back racks. “I have someone meeting me, blonde, when he comes can you point him in the right direction?”
“Sure thing!”
She looked at him even more shocked than she had been when he suddenly materialized behind her. “But I’ll believe it when I see it.”
“Believe what?”
Haru stopped for a second, looking over at the female.
“That you have a friend!” She teased, sticking her tongue out at him for a second. Haru resisted to roll his eyes at her, but instead turned away from her and continued on his way to the back.

He began his looking through the shelves diligently, but couldn’t seem to find any book they had referencing curses of any kind. By the time he got to the fourth stack, it must have been late morning, kids and other people talking in hushed tones filled between the stacks and tables. Haru kept to himself, mostly doing his best to just find anything helpful at this point. He brought his wrist up so he could look at his watch, seeing what time it actually was. Hikaru was supposed to meet him soon and he didn’t want to have the younger male show up with nothing to show. He was just nearly done flipping through the pages of what seemed like the hundredth book he had looked through when a young woman turned the corner of the shelves he was standing at and smiled when she finally found him. She was a regular here and she had noticed him walking back and forth through the stacks from her spot at one of the study tables. She was out of school, but she still found some excuse to come to the library if only to get a glance at the tall and handsome male.

Her footsteps were light, but her perfume filled the space between them and Haru turned slightly to glance at her. He noticed the way she fidgeted slightly and blushed softly when their eyes caught for a moment before she turned her eyes downwards.“Excuse me…Mr. Ito?”
“Yes, Ms. Hanahime? Did you need help finding a reference book?”
Haru paused in what he was doing to give her his full attention. Even though he wasn’t technically at work, he was willing to find something if need be. If Haru was anything, it was helpful, especially when it came to expanding the mind.
“N-No…” She stuttered softly, her fingers tangling in the material of her skirt. She stood before him awkwardly, her face becoming more red as she desperately tried to get her feelings out.“I-I-I wanted to say something to you…”
“Oh, okay.”
Haru placed the book he had been holding back on the shelf and turned to face her completely now. After a pause, he watched her carefully, his head tilting to the side a bit, his long hair falling from his shoulder like a smooth silk ribbon. It caught her eyes and she stared at the soft looking strands, longing to feel it between her fingers. The silence between them grew and although it didn’t show on his face, he was beginning to get confused and concerned for the girl’s wellbeing. She looked flustered and red and he wondered if she was feeling ill.
“Are you feeling well, Ms. Hanahime?” Haru asked suddenly, “You look flushed.”
“I f-feel fine.”
She stammered on, becoming more red. Her inner monologue went crazy about how he noticed her blushing. She took a deep breath and looked up into his eyes with a determination that he had never seen from her before, not even when she was studying for last year's finals. “Mr. Ito, you’re very kind and a hard worker and although you don’t ever show it, I know you care for everyone that comes in here…and if it wasn’t for your help last year, I don’t think I would have made it through my finals, and I just w-wanted to say that I really l–”
“Warm vanilla.”
Haru suddenly said, cutting her off unintentionally.
“Warm vanilla?” She asked confused, her fists tightening more in her skirt. She couldn’t believe that she had worked up all this courage to tell him how she felt and he just cut her off before her confession like that…and by saying something so completely random.
“Your perfume.” He stated simply.“I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it reminded me of until just now.”
“My perfume?”
She blinked a few times as the information settled into her brain. She blushed a deeper red as the inner monologue rampantly flashed through her body and soul at the realization that at least some part of him was always thinking about her. Always trying to figure out what kind of perfume she was wearing. Her cheeks were a deep red and she let the knowledge of her delusion fuel her until she marched directly up to him, nearly closing the space between them. Her sudden movements caught Haru off guard and he took a few cautious steps back and was trapped by the rack of books behind him,“Mr. Ito I really like you and I think I know you well enough that I would be the perfect girlfriend for you, please go on a date with me so you can see that we are perfect for each other!”

Her proclamation sent an alarming shiver to run down his spine. For the first time in a long time, someone else surprised him to the point of breaking his mask of indifference and as his lips hung open in a gape, his mind frantically searching for a way to escape the trap he was in, he couldn’t help but notice the way she kept leaning in towards him. He prayed to any higher being that could hear him, that someone, anyone for that matter would come around the corner and help him.

Waves

Dean Lewis

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

good morning...

The insistent beeping of his text tone woke Jun from his deep slumber. Something he was not all that happy about. He had gotten back to the house late because his client the night before kept him several hours past what the appointment was originally scheduled for. He didn’t mind the extra cash from the overtime since his rate doubled, but Jun had many clients and he couldn’t give any one of them special treatment otherwise they felt like they could take advantage. It’s happened to him in the past and he really didn’t want to deal with that hassle again.

Groggily groping around the bed beside his pillow, eyes still closed but his brows furrowed more when he couldn’t locate the slim device. The beeping wouldn’t stop as text after text was delivered. He peeked open an eye, looking through half-lidded, blurry vision, he finally located his phone and brought it up to his face. He double tapped the screen, bringing the device to life, blinding him with the screen’s brightness. He made an indignant sound from the back of his throat as he adjusted to being awake fully. Opening his messenger, he scrolled through the non-stop berate that he was receiving from the very client that he had spent most of his night with.

Groaning, he flipped over to his back, and pulled his other hand up to hold the phone above his face as he typed his very clipped reply back. Threatening that if the client didn’t stop harassing him he would terminate their relationship. Luckily, he was his own boss and could do things like this. This client was already overly needy as it was, and now…it was just like that other situation.

He made his point very clear and a simple “sorry” was replied back to him. He sighed as he blacked out the screen and brought the phone to rest against his broad and naked chest. He had a tendency to sleep completely nude, but now in his current living situation; sharing a house with other people that shared the same affliction as him; he opted to just sleep without a shirt and a pair of boxers at the very least. Glancing at the small alarm clock that was nestled above his head on the bookshelf headboard, and read the time. It was nearly 11 AM.

With a yawn, he threw back the sheet his legs were entangled in and pushed himself up into a sitting position. He stretched a bit, pulling his arms one at a time in front of his body before raising them both above his head as he laced his fingers together tightly. With a soft grunt, he finally clamored out of bed, looking around for his lounge pants and sliding them on to just below his navel. He took a moment to think it over if it was worth putting on a shirt but deciding it was properly more appropriate since there were females in the house as well, he found a tank top and pulled that on.

Sliding his phone into one of the pockets of his pants, he left his room, closing the door behind him with a soft snap of the latch going into place. He padded his way as quietly as he could down the stairs and found his way to the kitchen, the savory smells of eggs cooking waking him more. He turned the corner and leaned against the archway and watched quietly as the smaller boy was absorbed into what he was doing. Jun wasn’t a pro by any means but he enjoyed cooking and wasn’t too bad at it.

Finally, he moved away from the archway and made his way to the fridge, grabbing for the pitcher of orange juice and quietly moved about the kitchen, being careful as not to disturb the other male as he got a glass, poured some juice, then just as he was about to put it back, he turned to glance over his shoulder at the other, “Do you want some O.J.?” It was only polite to ask.

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

Tanjiro

the dragon

"huh?"
Unfortunately Tanjiro had no such luck with the leftovers. Still feeling very groggy, the boy bent down in front of the open fridge that he had been hoping to scavenge to fetch the necessary ingredients for his omelet. Which was pretty easy considering that all he needed was some eggs, milk and butter. Or it should have been easy at least. Tanjiro's mind was still foggy so identifying which was which was a task in of itself.

In the end, the dragon was able to complete the task even if it took an embarrassingly long time. Blending the ingredients in the clear mixing bowl was much simpler in comparison and ended up in the frying pan without incident. Tanjiro watched as it sizzled, the aroma of melting butter slowly filled the room. He stared blankly at his future meal without really seeing it. He could feel himself zoning out, his mind drifting to other things. His mind was still muddled, not able to focus on any one thing for very long.

It was while Tanjiro was mentally drifting that an unexpected voice came from the direction of the fridge. "Do you want some OJ?" Startled, Tanjiro shot a foot in the air. He whirled around, clutching the spatula he was holding close to his chest. Only upon seeing the somewhat familiar face of Jun, did Tanjiro breathe a sigh of relief. Now, he didn't know Jun very well. There weren't many chances he got to talk to pretty much any of the other residences here, mostly because Tanjiro himself holed up in his room, only to come out on the rare occasion. So that meant that Tanjiro was even more nervous upon seeing their faces.

In Tanjiro's combined shock and nerves, he completely missed that he was being directed a question. The only clue Tanjiro had to indicate he was missing something was Jun holding up the pitcher of orange juice expectantly. The dragon glanced between said pitcher and Jun's level gaze as knots began to form in Tanjiro's stomach.

♡coded by uxie♡

good morning...

Jun stared at the other male expectantly. He swished the pitcher in his hand and asked again, “Do you want some orange juice?” He moved to the opposite side of the kitchen as he reached for another glass, about to pour some juice for the other. “Didn’t mean to startle you, sorry.”

He watched him out of the corner of his eye, noting the tiredness he exuded. The corner of his lips twitched up into a smirk as he regarded the shorter boy fully. “Up late?”

He didn’t bother waiting for an answer before he poured enough orange juice to fill the glass in his hand half way. He took a few steps closer to Tanjiro, another zodiac member he’s only really met in passing but committed to memory easily, to reach around him to the empty space on the counter next to the stove and placed the glass there.

He was close enough now that he could see just how tired the other was, and could only smirk slightly at how adorable he thought it was. Maybe Tanjiro was in need of his services to help him get a better sleep. He reached up with his now free hand to cup the smaller boy’s chin in his warm grasp as he leaned down closer to him. His face a mere few inches away when he looked down at him with half-lidded eyes, a sparkle of flirtation in his eyes, “If you need help getting to sleep, I can offer my services, Tanjiro.” He lowered his voice some and said his name in a teasing way.

He glanced at the cooking eggs for a brief moment before sliding his eyes back to the male. “Your eggs are going to burn.”

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

• how he's feeling...

very flustered and confused

Tanjiro

the dragon

"huh? HUH?"
Upon the restatement of Jun's question, Tanjiro relaxed somewhat. Tanjiro gave the older boy a crooked, unsure smile. "Uh, oh. Yes. Thank you, errrr... And, it's... okay... I'm sorry I was so spooked..." Wait, should he be apologizing? What if it comes across as insincere? No, he definitely over-reacted. An apology was necessary, right?

Luckily for Tanjiro, his spiral was halted when Jun continued to inquire about his sleeping habits. It was true that the dragon had been up late last night working on his blog. He had an idea stuck in his mind that just needed to come out, inspired by the book that Tanjiro was also up late reading. By the time that he realized that the sun had long fallen below the horizon, it was already midnight. Even past that, Tanjiro was very much a night owl to begin with. It was normal for him to fall asleep at one or two in the morning.

However, before Tanjiro could express this, Jun stepped in closer and startled the poor boy once again. There was something off about the way his arm snaked around behind Tanjiro, even if it was only set his glass on the counter. Instinct kicked in and Tanjiro automatically took a step back to gain more distance only to encounter the stove behind him. It was then that Jun's hand grasped Tanjiro's chin. His wide grey eyes met Jun's to convey his shock. "Ser-services?" he squeaked. The electric air surrounding them gave Tanjiro a hint as to what Jun was referring to but his mind still didn't fully grasp the other man's meaning.

At the mention of the eggs, Tanjiro gave a small cry with a jolt. Only at the reminder did he frantically turn to try and salvage his omelet. As he flipped to it's other side, Tanjiro found that it had turned a dark brown. It certainly wasn't optimal but at least it was still edible...

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

good morning...

The younger male’s reaction was almost too adorable for Jun to take. He couldn’t deny that he enjoyed getting such a shy reaction from people, especially cute males like Tanjiro. He leaned in a bit closer, their noses almost touching, and gave him a sultry smile, “I could hold you close to my warm and willing body until the ease of sleep found you. I wouldn’t mind, especially with someone as cute as you.” He paused for a moment, looking into the gray eyes staring up at him. There was no doubt that Tanjiro had his full attention. “I’ll even do it for free.”

He finally stepped away from him, putting the space between them when Tanjiro turned to address the almost disaster of his breakfast. He put the pitcher he still had been holding in his other hand back in the fridge and collected his glass from the small counter next to the appliance after pouring it. He chugged down the juice with loud and thirsty gulps, satisfying his dry mouth. He cleaned the glass out and set it on the dish drain next to the sink to dry completely before rummaging through the cabinets and pantry, also looking for something to eat.

Rifling through various boxes of cereal, granola bars and various other things that didn’t sound appetizing to him. His stomach grumbled and he was glad his back was to the other male to hide the blush that crept along his cheeks from the noise. He hadn’t had much to eat the day before. Between spending all that time with his client the night before and getting home so late, he didn’t have anywhere he could stop to pick up something, even convenient, or be able to cook anything because of how late it was. He didn’t want to wake anyone.

With a heavy sigh, he began his mission again. This time he dug through the freezer and finally found something at least somewhat suitable to his picky tastes. Blueberry waffles; albeit frozen, but edible.

Popping open the box, he stuck two in the toaster and placed the box back in the freezer when he was done with it–after making sure that it was closed without popping back open. He waited patiently for the pastries to finish toasting silently. He turned to lean back against the counter, crossing his arms over his broad and inviting chest, and crossed his ankles as well. He looked the epitome of relaxed. He watched the light haired boy closely in his quietness. He wondered if he thought he was joking with him; about his offer.

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

yuitext.png
1654824989805.png

It was morning. Do you know what morning meant? Breakfast. What did Yui love more than sleeping? Food. That's why she was always the first out of bed and flying right down to the kitchen where her mom was preparing a stack of pancakes with eggs and bacon. Knowing her eldest child was always the one to eat the most, her mother had given her six pancakes stacked on one another with whipped cream on top and dripping syrup down the sides. Yui's eyes were sparkling with joy as she took them to the table and chowed down on the most amazing breakfast ever (At least in her eyes). Her brother soon followed suit but never ate nearly as much as his older sister did. After all, if he ate just as much, his family wouldn't be able to keep up with the costs of food. The pink-haired female spoke up happily, asking her brother if he'd love to go out shopping with her for her new school year. He accepted and she was overjoyed with this knowledge as she quickly finished her food and dashed right back upstairs to get dressed.

Unfortunately she had to wait because Rin also had to eat his breakfast before getting ready himself. So sitting on the couch she waited, watching a cooking show and bouncing her legs excitingly. Once her brother finally finished his morning routine, she dragged him out the door and happily skipped along while holding her brother's hand. While she knew she couldn't hug him, she could still hold his hand and that alone made her pretty happy. As a matter of fact, he was aware of her situation and knew he couldn't embrace her like he had done many times before. So he had to settle for hand holding or being dragged by the arm and having the smallest interactions for being close with his sister. While taking the bus, she hummed and danced in her seat as she looked out the window. Maybe I can get Rin some things. Surely he'd love it! He may not say much but I know my little brother! Yui thought as their bus came to a stop and the girl rushed out, bouncing about excitingly as she headed into a mall for some supplies.

Yui ran into a random store, gathering notebooks with bright colors, pencils that smelled like fruits and candies, even got a sticky note pad that was shaped like an apple. Anyone could tell that food was on her mind as she tossed various items into a basket that her younger brother held. Going down toward another Isle, she realized she forgot the mini erasers shaped like all kinds of foods, sweets, and more "Riiiin I'm so sorry, could you please go back and get those erasers that look like foods please? I forgot them and I really liked them, I thought they were so cute..." at first he hesitated but smiled and put his hand upon her head before walking off "You're the best Rin!" she shouted, giggling as she went down another isle in hopes of finding something else.​

• how he's feeling...

still very flustered and confused

Tanjiro

the dragon

"well that was weird"
The blush on Tanjiro's face was made very prominent by his pale features, even as his back was facing the source of his embarrassment. Jun's words echoed in the younger boy's ears. So he meant to cuddle Tanjiro until he fell asleep? That seemed like it would make his issue even worse.

Though thanks to whatever just now occurred, Tanjiro definitely felt wide awake now. Enough to actually notice Jun moving around the kitchen while he went through the cupboards. The snow haired boy quietly observed until it was time to plate the mess on the skillet. At least one of the sides was perfectly cooked. He nervously glanced between his omelet and Jun, wondering if an offer to make the other boy one as well would be rejected. Tanjiro definitely didn't want to give him the one that was already made. Even after smothering it with ketchup, he wondered if it would still taste alright.

In the end, Jun ended up deciding on his own breakfast and Tanjiro missed his opportunity to ask. He felt mildly disappointed, but the feeling was offset by the nerves that lingered after... he still really wasn't sure what to call that. The thought occurred to him that he might be able to take his leave since his omelet was done. That seemed... rude somehow and that would mean take food into his room, which he tried to avoid. There were too many precious books that could get ruined that way, not to mention his laptop.

A course of action decided, Tanjiro took his plate and glass of orange juice and sat on the barstool set upon the kitchen island. Jun would probably leave after his waffles were done cooking anyway. Which was fine, since he didn't really know how to respond to Jun's offer.

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood devious

location bookstore

outfit here

mentions n/a

tag n/a

Miura, Aki

/* ------ right side ------ */

Aki’s lithe fingers flipped through the stacks of crisp waxy magazine covers with a practiced ease, his eyes taking only but a moment to scan the titles for the small mental list he was in search of. Two magazines were already tucked neatly under his arm for safekeeping, their glossy covers reflecting back the pale fluorescent lighting of the washed out bookstore.

“Um, excuse me?” A small voice pulled him from his haze of concentration. Aki’s eyes slid over slyly, taking in a young woman who had appeared at his side. She was dressed fashionably, her arms pulled into her chest as if she was trying to appear somehow smaller and as unintimidating as possible. “Um—I was interested in that magazine at the front of that stack, if you don’t mind me taking it quickly?” She smiled at Aki softly, her round eyes turning glossy in a silent plea.

Aki took a half step back, his slender hand having stopped its deft browsing of the editions before him. He looked down, cocked his head slightly at the title of the magazine the woman was referring to, then turned his attention back to the young woman at his side. “I was actually planning on purchasing that one,” he deadpanned, his expression unchanging as he addressed her.

The young woman shifted uncomfortably, her mouth shifting into a round ‘o’ as she processed Aki’s statement. “Oh—oh I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude. I had just assumed that because you weren’t looking at it or holding it--and it’s about make up so I didn’t think you’d personally be interested in that because--I mean, not that you couldn’t be into makeup if you wanted to, I just--” she stammered through her sentence, cheeks flushing pink. The woman held her hands up to her cheeks, no doubt feeling the heat that flooded through them. It was a cute reaction. “Ah--never mind forget I said anything at all, it’s unimportant.” She offered a sheepish bow, her eyes pinning to anything that wasn’t Aki’s face, before motioning to leave.

A dangerously sly smile crawled across Aki’s face for a brief second, almost like an illusion, before he replaced it with a warm, jovial look instead. “Ah—forgive me, I was only joking. It’s all yours, have at it,” he said, reaching forward to grab the smooth magazine before handing it over to the young woman. The glossy cover shouted bold colors and loud typography across the front. He eyed it curiously, having not taken any time to actually read what was on it before. The woman faltered for a moment, taken aback by Aki’s odd behavior before bowing shallowly several times and scurrying away.

Aki watched the young woman as she made her way through the crowded bookstore shelves back over to her friends, the expression on his face unreadable. Her body language was slack, almost crumpled in her defeated embarrassment. It was a hobby of his to provoke the people around him into some kind of reaction, just to see how each person would respond when confronted with an embarrassing or awkward situation. Watching others scramble when their confidence in social etiquette seemed to have slipped was always amusing. Not like they had actually misunderstood any cues, it was all do to Aki’s deliberate bucking of societal norms that caused those around him to boil in distress. He turned his attention back to the crates of magazines before him. Some would say he enjoyed this hobby of finding amusement in others’ distress a bit--too much for his own good.

The young man strode up to the front of the bookstore, eyes sliding to his peripheral as the group of friends the young woman had rejoined were now exiting the store while chatting amiably. He could feel her gaze on him as they walked outside and past the window, her leftover embarrassment still clinging to a light blush on her cheeks. Aki never left them to stew in discomfort for long, always correcting the awkwardness his meddling caused with a kind smile and soft words to ensure them no harm had actually been done. It was the least he could do, no? He thanked the cashier and after receiving his change, slid the pile of magazines from the counter and made his way outside as well.

Summer was beginning to show itself in the air, the light humidity and warmth of the sun pricking at the back of his neck. Aki shifted slightly, adjusting the bag he had slung over his shoulder as he resumed his slow gait in the commute back from his University. He had become rather listless after losing his home for what was now the second time due to sudden and unexpected circumstances. Everything had begun to feel less and less certain since his mother’s death, and frankly, Aki had decided to enjoy his everyday routines as much as he could. There was no telling when they’d suddenly dry up and disappear, as short lived and quickly forgotten about as an unexpected summer storm. So Aki decided to enjoy what he could, which included a longer commute from his University to the Higurashi mansion which he was now forced to call home for the time being. Aki’s green eyes scanned across the neighborhood, debating whether he should take another detour before returning back to the mansion--and his dizzying new reality.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

good morning...

When the shorter male turned to take his food somewhere else to eat, Jun quickly closed his eyes, hoping that he hadn’t been caught staring at the other. He hoped that the boy wasn’t taking his plate to his room so he could bask in his adorable presence a bit longer. Definitely a better way to spend your morning than in solitude. He wondered if he was going to leave, but when he heard the scraping of the bar stool being pulled out for him to sit, a small smile graced his handsome face.

He peeked open an eye, looking over his plate and was astounded about the amount of ketchup he put on the omelet. He opted to not say anything but decided right then that one day he was going to cook a good breakfast for Tanjiro. There was no way he was going to allow that cute male to go a day without tasting a proper omelet.

When the toaster finally popped that his waffles were done, he waited a few seconds for them to cool before he grabbed them and made his way to the barstool next to Tanjiro. He could have easily sat on one of the other ones, keeping a free seat between them to give him a bit of space, but Jun was going to make sure that his presence was still there and he wasn’t going to give up on Tanjiro just yet. He turned in his stool a bit, leaning against the bar top with his elbow, pressing his cheek into his free hand as he held the waffles between his fingers with the other. He kept his gaze level with the other’s face and allowed his lips to pull back in a sly smile.

“That looks delicious.” His voice was low and held a slight huskiness to it. His eyes never strayed from the male. He hadn’t meant the food at all, in fact, his attention never stayed too long on the food at all, other than that brief moment that he noticed the lake of ketchup covering the simple egg dish.

He leaned in closer to the male a bit, but still kept some space between them. He cocked his head a little more to the side, resting on his hand, “Mind if I try a bite?” He teased him. Although his true intentions were to try a taste of Tanjiro, he would settle for the omelet if the other actually allowed him a bite.

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

tsuji takehide

• mood

bemused, surprised.

"You're the best, Rin!"
Of all the voices Tsuji expected to hear on his stop to the grocery store, it certainly wasn't Yui's. Her excitement was audible even to him, who was merely an aisle away from her and her brother. The sound made him huff out a quiet chuckle, already figuring she got the kid to go fetch her something food-related.

He shook his head, the small braid in his casually-styled hair swaying with it. "Yui! What're you making him do now?" He spoke out, raising his voice so that the pink-haired woman could hear him. Plus, he figured it would give her a good scare. Might as well have fun, right?

The annoyed patrons didn't seem to think so, passing by him in the aisle with confused, frustrated glares. Tsuji didn't pay them any mind, and instead decided to walk where Yui's voice came from. It didn't take long, only walking a few paces before rounding the corner to find an excitable Yui, nearly bouncing in place.

"What're you doing here? The sushi lunch special is on Thursdays.." He teased, throwing the pack of toilet paper he was holding into her cart, not even bothering to ask for approval. Their things would all end up at the same place, anyhow. Golden eyes took a peek inside her cart, only to find exactly what he imagined. Anything and everything food themed.

"School shopping?" Another question, this time prompting him to arch a brow in curiosity. Tsuji now stood next to Yui, back bent slightly forward to have an easier time conversing with the smaller woman. With his calloused hands shoved into the pockets of his light jacket, he patiently awaited the (surely interesting) explanation.

never change

COIN

♡coded by uxie♡

Yua Nakamura

The Cat

Mood:

Melancholic and a bit lonely

Shiyoda

Outfit:

Tags:

Yua let out a gentle sigh as she looked over the prepackaged dango at the convenience store near the train station. She wasn’t sure which one to pick this time. She hummed to herself in thought before just going with the tri-colored pack. Cute little round balls of green, white and a light pink color. She paid for them, along with a few other snacks that her father liked and a juice he enjoyed. She gave a polite head tilt to the young male working the register before she left and walked further down the street to pick up some flowers and new incense.

She treaded carefully through the streets before turning the corner, heading in the direction of the cemetery with long streams of sad thoughts flowing through her mind. She missed her father the most. He was her best friend besides her brother when she was younger and now that he is gone, she always felt so lost and alone. Her brother drifted away from her and her mother…well, she kind of just disappeared in a sense. She didn’t want to think about the sad things but somehow they were always at the forefront of her mind.

Another soft sigh leaving her lips, Yua turned another corner and groaned at the heat of the summer air. She was glad she had pulled her long hair up into a high ponytail that day, a black bow adorning the hair tie that kept her hair up. She had worn a black dress but chose a shorter one in lieu of the one she was normally going to wear. She didn’t wear dresses often, in fact she dressed like a boy most of the time and it wasn’t for her curvaceous body, and her feminine features, you would have sworn she was a male. At least where style goes.

She reached up with her free hand that wasn’t holding the large tote she was carrying with everything she got that day, and fanned at her face and neck. She let out a slight huff upwards, momentarily blowing her bangs from her face for a moment before they settled back into place. She was just about to pause in her walking to cool down for a moment when she noticed the familiar face walking towards her. A soft blush tinted her cheeks at the idea of not being alone and wondered if the male that she now called a roommate, would accompany her.

Speeding up a bit, she stopped in front of the dark haired male and gave him a small sheepish smile, “Aki?” She questioned, going through the catalog of faces and names through her brain, “Are you heading back to the house?” She looked over his face for a moment, before shifting her eyes nervously to the side, “I know this might seem a little weird since we don’t know one another very well…” She paused, glancing at his handsome face, noticing just how perfectly symmetrical it looked, making her blush even more, “But if you weren’t doing anything, would you like to come to the graveyard with me?”

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

Ooc: I’m trying to find a fancy I like that suits him xD If anyone has a suggestion please let me know!

5c4ced6f6e50b576ee9227372363661f.jpg

It was finally break time for the dual haired colored male and with that he released a content sigh rising up from his sitting position. “Hey I’ll be back in a bit I’m gonna head out to grab a coffee and something to snack on.”he informed another young man who nodded giving a thumbs up before going back to his task. “See yah in a bit.”Taichi said as he finally headed out the door into the bright sunlight. The warm breeze ruffling his shaggy black and white hair causing several white strands to cover one of his silver colored eyes. “At least the weather is nice today maybe I’ll head to my favorite café today instead of the nearest one.”he murmured to himself before continuing on his way. His thoughts drifting off as he headed down the street gaze watching the cherry blossoms float about in the air. It would be nice to just float about without a care in the world however he was stuck being a creature who unfortunately couldn’t just laze about.

It didn’t take him very long to enter the establishment however he was currently distracted trying to avoid a few girls who seemed interested in him. He had no problems being kind of flirting with other young women that is until this sudden cursed had sprung upon him.
He was side stepping a girl with a polite smile when he felt another form brush into him. His eyes widened lightly as he turned himself quickly catching the figure and righting them back to standing position before they could hit the ground. “So sorry about that.”he said quickly then blinked as he recognized this woman. It took him a few seconds as they hadn’t had much interactions yet other then a few brief hellos and a quick introduction before.”It’s Anzu correct?”he asked looking down to meet their eyes. “Let me buy you a coffee and treat as an apology for bumping into you. I think it’s only fair since I about sent you sprawling to the floor.”he said as a smile curled his lips.

• how he's feeling...

slightly befuddled

Tanjiro

the dragon

"this omelet really isn't my best..."
After cutting off a portion of the omelet with the side of his fork, Tanjiro paused in the motion of bringing it to his mouth when Jun took the seat beside him. Any calm that Tanjiro might have achieved during the quiet pause left him. Jun seemed like a nice enough person, he supposed, but the way he acted made Tanjiro flustered in a way that was hard to understand. If you add that Tanjiro fully expected that he would have left by now, it didn't set up an environment that promoted ease. That was even disregarding the way Jun was staring at him.

"That looks delicious." Jun commented after Tanjiro finally began to eat. Was Jun really referring to his omelet? The older male was the first one to notice that the dragon had over cooked it. Well, it wasn't as bad as Tanjiro would have expected. There was a slightly acidic burnt taste but it was easy enough to ignore. If not for that, the crispiness wasn't too bad.

Tanjiro cocked his head at Jun's request. "Are you sure...?" He really didn't mind the idea of sharing but Tanjiro was hesitant force subpar food on others. "If you want an omelet, I can make you a better one. I don't usually burn food," Tanjiro said with a wry smile.

♡coded by uxie♡

good morning...

A coy smile graced his lips, trying his damndest to not reach out and pull the other’s face closer to his own and tasting the breakfast Tanjiro made for himself on his lips. He leaned in a little closer, “I just want one bite.”

He stared at the other expectantly, drumming his fingers at the top of his cheek, his eyes moving slowly up and down the smaller male’s body before settling back on his face. He wondered how many different ways he could make Tanjiro blush and he felt almost compelled to find out a few of them right there on the bartop. He had no intentions of getting close to anyone in the house but upon seeing the faired head boy’s face and innocent features, that plan flew itself right out the window.

Jun was a flirt by nature. Always had been; even as a young boy. He would see someone cute and test the boundaries of their interactions. He mostly enjoyed getting reactions out of people. See what they would do in compromising situations, but if Jun had to be honest with himself, he just liked the idea of someone craving him in every way. Especially if it was someone he found attractive.

His job opened many opportunities for himself to find those reactions but ever since this curse came unto him, he had to change some rules around. He only took male clients once he realized that women caused him to transform. Not that he cared, but it was always a very awkward situation when that happens. So he opted to just cater to the needs of males and business was booming.

He was known for teasing and flirting with his clients a little too much sometimes. Making them believe that he was offering much more than what he actually was and that put him in almost dangerous situations; so, he did his best to just focus all his flirtatious energy on someone he saw fitting–and right now, that was Tanjiro.

He leaned in closer still, placing his waffles on the counter, then used that now free hand to place on the back of the barstool that Tanjiro was sitting him, nearly trapping him in his spot. He sat up a little straighter, taking his hand from his face and instead reached for Tanjiro’s chin again, rubbing his fingers along his jawline for a moment before pulling the other to look at him more. He was nearly as close as he had been just a few minutes earlier while he was distracting him from his cooking and that coy smile became wider. He gazed down at the shorter male with half-lidded, hungry eyes and came closer, the tip of his nose just barely rubbing the dragon’s. “Unless you prefer to let me taste it on your lips?”

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

After what seemed like terribly long hours in the clinic, Anzu finally took a break and gave a little sigh as she walked through the sliding glass doors of the clinic’s entrance, avoiding a small boy and his mother as they rushed into the clinic. She had seen them several times this week alone and held in her breath with the fear that the mother would stop her and demand that she see her son…again. Thankfully though the woman just grabbed her small child’s wrist and scolded him for just bounding around aimlessly and not watching where he was going.

Anzu didn’t give the woman time to realize who they almost bumped into when she realized that the woman just hadn’t recognized her yet. Scurrying down the street, she reached a hand up to run through her long wavy locks and quickly made it to her favorite little cafe on the main street. Since working at the clinic, going to classes and taking care of Yuriko, which in itself was a full time job; she didn’t have a lot of time to find things she enjoyed but this cafe was close enough and their treats and drinks were always the perfect pick-me-ups.

She made it inside, staying out of the line to look over their menu. She tried to have something different every time she came so she could write down her favorites. She was lost in her thoughts on what to choose when suddenly she felt the push of someone bumping into her. Careening towards the floor, she let out a small gasp, ready embrace for the fall when the one who bumped into her caught her. She closed her eyes in anxious fear that she was going to transform from the contact but when she didn’t, she opened her eyes and focused on the voice speaking to her.

She recognized the voice instantly and gave the male a small smile as an adorable blush tinted her pale cheeks. Registering completely what he was saying, she blushed even more and held her hands up and shook her side to side, “Oh no! I couldn’t let you do that!”

When the silence of the cafe dawned on her, she could instantly feel the stares of the other patrons and the glares of the women who were clearly pining after the dual-haired male. She didn’t blame them, he was very handsome–probably one of the most handsome men she has ever met.

She straightened herself out of his hold and put a little distance between them, looking at him as the blush spread further across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose, “It was my fault entirely, I was standing in the way, please allow me to treat you.” She continued, her voice soft and twinged with embarrassment.

The Dog

Anzu

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

• how he's feeling...

unsure and embarassed

Tanjiro

the dragon

"too close!"
There was that energy again. The way dark haired boy stared at Tanjiro that gave him a weird feeling in his stomach, leaning in too close to give any comfort. The dragon was finding it difficult to eat under his gaze despite how hungry Tanjiro was before he entered the kitchen.

Again, Jun's arm found its way behind Tanjiro. He watched apprehensively. When the older boy moved in closer, Tanjiro tried to lean away as he did before but Jun clasped his chin in a strong but gentle way. His heart pounded loudly in his chest, face flushing at the unexpected closeness.

Tanjiro had read about these sorts of situations before. It wasn't that he was ignorant. But never did he ever think that someone would be addressing him in such a way. Didn't this sort of thing only happen in fiction? And if it didn't, then why would it be happening to Tanjiro? Since he spent most of his time away from the general public outside of his classes, he had no way of knowing, no way of understanding, no way of coping... This might have been this time Tanjiro had been flirted with to this degree, if he had ever been flirted with at all.

To Jun's illicit question, all Tanjiro could offer him was a strangled noise originating somewhere from the back of his throat.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

the human

asuna.

mood

sleepy. anxious.

outfit

see photo

the higurashi mansion

interactions

NA

tags

NA

As tired as she was, Asuna couldn’t ignore her alarm on her phone any longer. She’d already hit snooze multiple times and just because it was officially summer break didn’t mean she could just slack off for the next two and a half months. No. She would be even better than she was now, that was a promise she made to herself. Mind you, it was a promise made before this whole ‘curse’ thing came to fruition, but nevertheless, it was a promise that she planned to keep.

Her phone read late 11am, which is not how she wanted to start off her day, “Damnit…” The girl groaned, rolling over to push herself out of her bed. She could already hear conversation downstairs in the kitchen, which meant that some of her recent housemates were already up and moving. She definitely preferred to be the first one awake, so she could go straight to rehearsing without having to deal with too much morning commotion, but after last night’s late session with her private teacher, Asuna was far too exhausted for her usual early morning routine.

Prior to all of the extra bodies in the house, Asuna would’ve just wrapped a robe around herself and gone downstairs, however with all of the extra testosterone floating about, she didn’t find herself as comfortable in simple shorts and a t-shirt. Instead, she got dressed for the day, taking a moment to smooth through her dark hair with a brush before going to her and Kanao’s shared bathroom to brush her teeth and other morning toiletries.

Once ready, the girl headed down the steps, peeking her head into the kitchen with a small and curious smile, “Morning.” She said softly, not wanting to be rude, but also not particularly wanting to intrude on their conversation. The girl slithered through them, going to the pantry for a granola bar and a water bottle before slithering out just as quickly as she came. She'd make herself coffee later, when the kitchen was a little calmer. It was nothing against those guys, she was just barely awake which meant all of her anxious thoughts from when she was asleep were rushing in to greet her for the new day. She couldn't deal with those on top of trying to talk to people this early....

With a deep exhale, she tore open her small breakfast, tossing the wrapper before going to the main hall where her mother’s grand piano stood, beckoning her to the bench.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

good morning...

Jun couldn’t help the way his coy smile turned into a smirk at the boy’s reaction. It was honestly too much for him to handle. He had the urge to pull him into his lap and nuzzle into his neck.

At the lack of words coming from the fair haired male, he slid his fingers further up his jawline until he was completely cupping his cheek softly. He moved in closer, brushing the tip of his nose against Tanjiro’s for a moment. “Are you embarrassed Tanjiro?” He asked in a teasing way. His voice lowered to nearly a whisper, his warm breath tickling at the boy’s supple lips. He longed to touch them, to feel them against his own.

“I had a rough night last night…” he started gently, “and nothing would make me feel better than tasting your omelet.” The hint of a completely different meaning hung between them. He glanced down at Tanjiro’s lips for a moment, his tongue sweeping out over his top lip slightly, just barely away from caressing against the other male’s.

He held his position, waiting patiently for what the boy would do. Would he push him away? Would he close the distance between them? Would he do nothing at all? So many scenarios played inside of Jun’s head at that moment and they were not all bad. He wouldn’t force himself on the boy if he pushed him away, but he sure as hell was hoping that he was going to close the space between them. A good morning kiss was something Jun was more than willing to get from this cute, smaller guy.

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

• how he's feeling...

on the verge of a brain explosion

Tanjiro

the dragon

"GAH"
His cheek tingled where's Jun hand connected. A feeling that was intensified when their faces nearly connected in an unbearably intense moment. Tanjiro's breath caught in his throat at the feeling of Jun's against his lips. Even under normal circumstances, Tanjiro probably wouldn't be fully able to answer the other boy's question but the fact that he might as well have been on top of him definitely was not helping matters. Besides, Tanjiro's feeling went much deeper than just embarrassment, though the dragon definitely would not have been able to describe his emotions in any capacity if pressed.

If Jun had not been radiating a particular type of energy, Tanjiro would have had no problem sharing his omelet, especially upon hearing that he had rough night. As it was, it was all Tanjiro could do but let out a strange, strangled noise when the sudden sensation of Jun's tongue against his upper lip. If his face was red before, it was a neon sign now. Tanjiro reeled backwards in response and fell over the arm that was keepinghim in place. With a loud THUMP, he crashed to the floor.

Tanjiro's head connected first and it throbbed in pain. He had to rest on the ground for a moment to regain his bearings. Sitting up with a small, "ow," Tanjiro rubbed the sore spot on the back of his head.

♡coded by uxie♡

good morning...

Jun wouldn’t–no–he couldn’t tear his eyes away from the other. He didn’t even care to acknowledge the dark haired Higurashi sister that appeared suddenly in the kitchen then disappeared just as fast. He inched forward about to press his lips to Tanjiro’s when the boy suddenly lurched back and fell to the floor. He made a surprised sound himself, grasping desperately to catch him but gravity was quicker.

Guilt suddenly fused its way through every fiber of his being. Getting up from his own stool, he quickly kneeled down next to Tanjiro, eyes open a bit wider with mild panic. He immediately reached for the dragon’s head, checking for blood. “I’m sorry, man…I was just messing around. You alright?”

He looked over at the male, trying to see if he was hurt anywhere else. Leaning down a bit, he gave the male a playful smirk, “Already falling for me, huh?” He joked lightly, trying to ease the others' pain a bit and maybe any embarrassment he might have felt. He reached up to run his fingers through his fair hair, feeling for any bumps. “Want me to kiss it better?” His smirk widening a bit, but his voice held that playfulness to it.

Lothlorien

♡coded by uxie♡

• how he's feeling...

in pain and distressed

Tanjiro

the dragon

"well, that's embarrassing"
As Tanjiro's fingers connected with the sore spot on his head, he winced at the shot of pain that stabbed him. But, on closer inspection, it would seem that he would be left with a small bump as a reminder. "It's okay. You, uh, just startled me," Tanjiro said with a small laugh. He didn't know how to respond to Jun's concern otherwise. The reassurance rang a bit hollow as not a few seconds later, the smaller boy recoiled when Jun's light touch found where he hit his head.

Tanjiro released an airy laugh at Jun's joke. He couldn't help but acknowledge the ridiculousness of the situation. "Careful what you say, I might find a way to fall through the floor," Tanjiro shot back. Oof that head injury has really affected his wittisms. Even if it was true. At this point Tanjiro might really find a way to have the floor reach up gobble him whole. If Jun doesn't do it first, that is. He took that small moment to fall into his open hands with a groan.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll !
Mood
Annoyed

Outfit
Professional Suit & Tie

tags
N/A
Emiko Watanobe
“There, all better.” Emiko smiled at the child that he had treated. Looking to her mother Emiko briefed her on what he had noticed about the child, and what he recommended for the future before their next visit. He then directed her to the receptionist where she could schedule her next appointment. Emiko turned to the doctor supervising him in the room once the mother thanked him and left. “How did I do?”

“You’re practically ready to be on your own. There are a few pointers I could provide you that I noticed though.” The doctor referred to his notes on what he suggested Emiko could do better, and Emiko listened eagerly to his instructor. A few days a week he needed to go through these evaluations to make sure he was doing everything he needed to do before eventually going on his own, and making appointments for people to see him. The pointers were good ones but Emiko was annoyed at how he wanted him to be less creative, and instead follow the textbook way of doing things. Doing things by the books is why you keep losing clients, he thought to himself.

After thanking the doctor, Emiko gathered his things for the day and decided to end his shift a bit early. Considering he practically had to deal with another critique to his practice Emiko decided to stop at the coffee shop for an afternoon coffee. “Good afternoon Watanobe-san!” The cashier greeted him enthusiastically.

“Please, I beg you, call me Emiko.” He chuckled as he walked to the front. “I would really appreciate it.”

The cashier blushed at his request, but shook her head. “Absolutely not, as our most loyal customer-” She lowered her voice, “And to keep my job,” then raised her voice again. “I’ll call you by your formal name.”

How annoying she is, he thought. “Well, I appreciate that, uh,” He glanced at her name tag. “Lei-”

“Please, call me Mya.”

“Absolutely not. As a hard working lady I must call you by your formal name.”

The woman’s blush increased in redness as she continued to giggle at his comment. Just give me my coffee, he huffed internally. He ordered a White Mocha Frappuccino, and got a treat for free, courtesy of the cashier. Thanking her for the generous offer Emiko walked out of the coffee shop sipping on his espresso drink, and taking bites of his sweet treat. Maybe I should change coffee shops…But they treat me so well, I probably shouldn’t, he thought to himself.

Walking to the nearest bus stop Emiko made his way back to the Higurashi mansion while taking all the time in the world to get there. Spring was a beautiful season to be taking strolls as the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

Mother loved going on walks around town just to be able to see them...

That thought alone caused Emiko to snap out of his thoughts, and push them back down as he made it to the bus stop. There were a few people waiting but luckily he was able to find an empty spot to sit. Pulling out his phone from the back pocket of his pants Emiko was about to go on social media until he looked up to see an old woman carefully making her way to the bus stop. Checking his watch he noticed that it would still be another 15 minutes before the bus was to arrive, so he stood up, and gestured for the woman to have a seat. "Come, please, have a seat."

She carefully walked with her cane supporting her to the seat he gave up for her. "Thank you so much."

"It's my pleasure." He gave her a smile back as she reached out to him for help to sit down. Extending his hand out to her she was able to take a seat, and reached up to pat his cheek. "Thank your mother for me, she raised you well."

That statement alone stabbed at Emiko's heart, but he continued to smile warmly to her. "Of course, thank you." Old hag, he thought. I could have left you standing...
Scooting to the side to lean on the bus stand he continued to sip on his coffee, and pushed the nasty thoughts he had to the side as he was enjoying his afternoon so far.
coded by reveriee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back