• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Emilia shrugged. "I learned to like fashion from my mom, but she didn't start out that way, so she says. I don't know much about Roy and Siege's fashion tastes, but I think Roy wears robes more for function. I know Nidia dresses the way she does because of how it looks. I'm kind of in the middle. I made my own clothes primarily for the looks, but I also put these in." She held pointed out a circle sown into one part of her dress."

Milia leaned over to look at it. "What's that?"

"It's a summoning circle."

"I summon a few things, but yes, demons are included. I've sewn the patterns into just about all my clothes. That way I can summon something at a moment's notice." Using the circle she'd shown first as an example, Emiia made a few small flames and muttered the words under her breath, popping out an imp, which she promptly commanded to sit down and hold still.

Milia leaned back with wide eyes. "Woah!"

Jalin nodded, "There are many things that can be done on land that remain impossible in water. Methods of summoning involving fire are among them." He noded to Milia, "What of your world?"

Milia blinked before regaining her composure. "Ah, well, the ocean seems really empty, but you just need to know where to look. There's all kinds of life around reefs and such. Go too deep and there's the weird stuff though."

Emilia tilted her head. "What about culture? Are there any cities down there?"

Milia paused. "Eh...no?" She avoided eye contact as she answered. She was a terrible liar.

Jalin smirked, "Milia, your heartrate changed." He could feel it through the blood on the boards, the change in the pulse running through her tentacles.

"So, there are cities?"

Milia shook her head. "I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to talk about it. I could get in trouble."

"You don't need to tell us if you don't want to," Jalin replied, "What about houses? What do you use to build your homes? You can't possibly spend the night huddled under whatever piece of debris you can fit under."

Milia stayed quiet for a bit, likely considering whether or not she should say. “There’s...building methods. Magic that shapes corral and stone.”

"On land, we use plants and stone to build our homes." Wood came from the trees, which were plants. Jalin tapped his cane on the ground, "This boat used to be a portion of woodland before someone chopped the trees down to build it."

"Oh, trees are the really big ones with green on top, right? I've seen them along the shore before." Milia looked down at the deck. "I can't imagine what has to happen to make them like this."

"A lot of shaping, cutting, and fastening," Jalin held out his cane, "This used to be a tree as well. And certain stones. Very many things on the surface are made from natural materials manufactured into something else." Although such manufacturing would be nearly impossible underwater. It was impossible to refine metals without extreme heat, and saltwater would destroy the result even if they managed to process any metal out of ore.

"It does seem like there's a lot of different stuff up there. And that's just among the things I've seen."

"A little bit. I can, and I've explored some small islands before before, but I get tired kinda fast. Swimming is easier. I know that if something bad happened I wouldn't be able to get away fast enough."

"Hmm," Jalin nodded, "Before I lost my eyes, I've accidentally pulled several octopuses onto the dock before, they seemed to have little trouble navigating with speed, but exhausted themselves without water. Are you similar?"

Milia nodded. "Pretty much. I move slow to conserve my energy, but I still wear myself out faster than swimming." She held out her arms. "I also have bones, so I can't squeeze through small spaces like they can."

Milia nodded. "But I've mostly been sitting around, so I'm fine. It's not exactly dry out here anyway."

"Oh, I wasn't following. I noticed the weather doing something weird and spotted the ship coming towards me, so I just put myself in the path."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back