• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Actually," Jalin smiled, glad he'd payed attention all that time in the port, "It's so that they've always got at least one eye adjusted to darkness when they go below decks." He nodded towards one of the pirates flipping an eyepatch up as he went down the stairs to the hold. "My blindfold is to protect my eyes."

"Because," Jalin reached back to undo the knot, taking off his blindfold to show her the stones, "The eyes are gone, and I have to fill the void."

Milia flinched back as he removed the blindfold. “I...I didn’t know those could just be taken out of there...”

"Yes, well," Jalin smirked as he put the blindfold back on, "They did not come out by my choice." He gestured to her tentacles, "Something would need to attack you to remove one of your limbs, wouldn't it? I was attacked, annd the cost for surviving was the loss of my sight."

"Right." Milia nodded before looking at him for a moment. "You're different from most sailors I've met."

"It means I, and my friends," Jalin pointed around to Roy, Nidia, Emilia, Siege, Katsuo, and the tiny paper dragon poking his head out from under the overhang of Katsuo's pauldrons, "Are on an adventure. This ship is our transport at the moment."

"Oh. How is that different from a sailor? Crossing the sea sounds like adventure to me. Especially if you're not from the sea."

"I do not sail," Jalin shrugged, "I am just using this ship and crew to get myself and my companions from point A to B. It's no different from remoras hitching rides on sharks."

"Well," Jalin felt around and tried to get Emilia's attention by holding her leg as she walked with his magic, making a small arrow pointing back to where Jalin was speaking with Milia. "I believe my companions will have an easier time than I telling you, I haven't bee able to see for the last third of my life."

Emilia looked down as something grabbed her leg before looking over. She headed over to see what was up.

"Oh. Well you can tell me about the things that you don't have to see, right?"

"I doubt you will find descriptions of noise interesting," Jalin shrugged, nodding towards Emilia. "Emilia, this is Milia, Milia, this is Emilia."

There was a pause before Milia replied. "Wow, that's confusing."

Emilia giggled. "A strange coincidence. It's nice to meet you."

"Emilia, Milia is quite interested in the world of land-dwellers, and as I cannot see it," Jalin gestured to Emilia, "I thought you would have an easier time."

"Oh, of course." Emilia quickly settled down, legs folded under herself. "Hm....where to begin..."

Milia smiled and settled in front of her.

"May I?", Jalin gently tapped Emilia's carapace with his cane. There wasn't anything nearby for Jalin to sit on, and he didn't think the captain and crew would particularly like if Jalin moved crates around.

Emilia glanced back before she nodded. “Ah, of course.” She looked to Milia again. “Let’s start with fashion, one of my favorite things.”

“Alright. I don’t know much about it myself. Wearing clothes at all is a high class thing where I’m from. Everyone I see from the land wears such strange, complicated things though.”

"We wear clothes to protect ourselves from the elements," Jalin said as he carefully navigated around Emilia's many knees to sit on her carapace, trying not to do any harm. "Sea life and some beastkin have their own ways of protecting against the elements, but for those of us that lack our own fur, it's a necessity." Jalin knew all too well how many ways the world could kill someone, being a necromancer kinda brought with it a knowledge of many ways someone could die, as may required different methods of revival. "Other beastkin that can do so because of social pressures." He shrugged, "I believe Siege, Roy, and Nidia fall into that category." He couldn't tell that Roy and Siege were mostly human in that regard, he just knew they were goat and lion beastkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back