• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Yesterday afternoon, we saw a ship be attacked," Jalin used 'we saw' very loosely, there. More like everyone else saw and he panicked. "It ripped the hull off below the waterline to sink it. We know it is not a kraken, as there were no tentacles, but we cannot confirm anything else. Roy believes it to be a dragon turtle."

Milia frowned, reaching an arm over to rub her other arm. "I hope not... I haven't seen one around here, and I don't want to."

"You are afraid of dragon turtles?", Jalin raised an eyebrow, "The twins have one for a brother." Speaking of, Siege and Roy came around the ship again, eyeing the water below.

Milia looked around. "Twin turtles?"

Emilia shook her head. "No, those two." She pointed out the twins as they passed.

Well, that brought up more questions. "Er, yes, I am. It was after a fight with a dragon turtle that grandpa decided to retire. Or so he says. It happened before I was born. They're one of the few things can really threaten a kraken in a straight fight. I've heard enough stories that I don't want to meet one."

"What?", when Siege realized she'd been pointed again, she stopped and turned on her heels, "Something happen?"

"We were just discussing Turac," Jalin said, "Do you think he'd hurt Milia?"

"If she touched his lake she'd stop existing."

Roy stopped as well, looking over and giving a nod. "He's territorial and protective of what's his, but he's not otherwise hostile."

Milia nodded as well. "So staying away is a good plan. Got it."

"I don't fight. I'll just take the peaceful route."

Roy shrugged. "Well, it's not like Turac came with us anyway. His lake is pretty far inland. If there it another dragon turtle out here though, that could be a different matter."

Below the surface, trailing the ship, a great turtle-like shape was fighting the ripcurrents created by the raging storm...

"I dunno," Siege shrugged, "I kinda miss him."

Roy nodded. “Yeah. We never did much, actively, but he’s still good company.” He shook his head. “Don’t get me thinking like that, you’ll make me homesick. Our adventure’s only just getting started.”

"Yeah, well, too bad," Siege crossed her arms, "If I gotta be seasick, you gotta be homesick."

"They don't normally get along," jalin apologized to Milia.

“You must not be that sick if you’re able to patrol the boat and threaten people.”

Emilia nodded. “They care for each other when it matters though.”

"I'm always sick! It's been two days and I've eaten nothing but hardtack! Bricks aren't food!"

"Until they start arguing," Jalin sighed.

"Then use the potions Nidia's given you. You were sleeping through the trip at first."

"They are still siblings."

"I woke up with the mother of all hangovers!"

Jalin sighed again, "Siege, Roy, calm down, this isn't something we need to be fighting over." Two days in and there was already infighting.

Nidia spoke up as she joined the conversation. "You should've said something. I have a potion for hangovers, too. We'd send them home with patrons sometimes."

"That's not the point, Nidia!"

Jalin groaned and turned the head of the cane towards Siege, clicking his tongue. The head shot off, connected to the cane by a cord, and the knob connected with Siege's head. The lion girl dropped like a sack of potatoes as the ratchet system inside the cane drew the head back. "Is she always so adversarial?"

The others were quiet for a moment after Jalin just knocked Siege out before Roy spoke up. "She...does like to argue..."

Nidia went over to check on her.

"Hmm," Jalin shrugged as the knob clicked back into its slot, "I suppose I should keep that unlocked, then."

Siege didn't seem injured, considering her fall, and she was conscious again in less than a minute. She hadn't been given brain damage, but she was a bit foggy. She'd at least calmed down.

“Maybe not.” Nidia shook her head. “She seems fine for now, but repeated head trauma won’t be good for her.”

"There are other options," jalin shrugged, "I could restrict bloodflow to the brain to deprive it of oxygen, if she was bleeding in any way. I could also increase the flow to forcibly calm her down."

"You wha?"

"As you wish," Jalin shrugged, "But if she becomes a problem, I can disable her, and if she becomes a problem for myself, I will."

"Assholes," Siege muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back