• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Jalin nodded and tapped his cane, "We shall return when we have further news." For now, they had to pack, their day in the palace was coming to a close that night.

"Good. You're dismissed."

Roy, Emilia and Katsuo dipped their heads before heading back to their rooms. Once they were out of the throne room, Roy glanced at Jalin. "I would appreciate if you wouldn't brag on us quite so much. We don't need to encourage people to expect more from us than we intend to give."

"I did not hear you volunteering answers," Jalin replied, not turning his head to face Roy as they walked, "If I am the only one speaking, I have no reference for what is acceptable. I have bragged little, but you said even less."

"I said what I needed to. Beyond that I remained quiet for the king to speak or end the conversation. I don't think it will be a big deal with time, but it could get us in trouble in other circumstances."

"And therein lies our differences," Jalin tapped his cane as they got back to their chambers, "I cannot see if my conversational companion is waiting for me to respond, I can only interpret based on the lack of speaking." He nodded to Roy, "If you would rather I not spoke, then I will leave negotiations to you."

"Mm, perhaps better would be to have a subtle signal for me to indicate when it's better to keep quiet."

"I am open to suggestion." Jalin nodded to Turac as they got back to their chambers. "Evening."

"She's still in there," Turac nodded towards' the guys' room.

“Perhaps just clearing my throat or a touch on the shoulder.”

Emilia looked at Turac. “Have you checked on her?”

"She can't help it. Just be patient with her." Emilia went over and knocked on the door. When there was no reply, she opened it and peeked in.

Nidia was fully clothed this time, but she had face buried in the bed where Turac had spent the night.

"Well, she's clothed."

"That is progress," Turac nodded.

"Progress will have to be paused," Jalin replied, "Our day in the castle will come to a close tonight, and the King has given no indication that it will be extended, so we must prepare to leave and find lodging for the night."

Emilia gave a nod. "Nidia."

Nidia looked over and raised her tail. "Prrr?~ ....Er, yes?"

"Time to pack up and go."

"Ah, alright." Nidia stood up and stretched.

"That will also mean Siege must be thawed out," Jalin said to Turac. The dragon shrugged and went to go steamblast his sister. Her shivering, soggy, visibly irate form wrapped in a length of towel cloth came out soon after to retreat to the girl's chambers.

"She will be alright," Turac declared.

Roy shook his head. "Let's hope the rest of us will as well."

Nidia and Emilia stepped out of the boys' room before Emilia paused at the door Siege had just gone through. "Siege, can we come in to pack our stuff?"

Jalin nodded and stepped into the guys' room to retrieve his pack. "We have nothing to fear."

"F-f-fuck off!", came Siege's shivering reply.

"You're good," Turac nodded, "She's too cold to be doing anything else right now."

"That's a concerning phrase." Roy went to gather his belongings as well.

Emilia glanced at Turac. "It's not for my sake, it's for hers. I'm not to get on anyone's bad side, whether they can do anything to me or not."

"You shouldn't be so skittish," Jalin admonished, "We have made promises we can keep to the satisfaction of our benefactors and we have made no enemies. Infighting is the only thing that presents weakness."

"Well it's not like she's goin to let you in anyway," Turac shrugged, "And our collective needs trump her desires."

"Yes..." Roy glanced at the book box Sinach was in, flicking his ear towards the the wall to the room Siege was in. "And we've clearly got that settled."

Nidia shrugged. "What happens during heat stays during...heat. Yeah, that one doesn't work so well..." She went ahead to try and get into the room.

"I did not say it was an issue we didn't face," Jalin chuckled, "Just not a deadly one."

The door wasn't locked, and inside Siege was wrapped in a fluffy blanket and shivering.

“Mm. Let’s hope it’s not.”

Nidia looked at Siege and tilted her head. “Hm... want some help?”

"In the meantime," Jalin hooked the book box with his cane and flipped Sinach into his pack, we have lodging to resolve."

Siege shook her head and tried to get off another 'fuck off', but her teeth were chattering too much for cohesive speech. As Nidia herself was well aware, being encased in ice was terribly cold, and Siege had been frozen for much longer than Nidia.

“At what point should we let him out of there?”

“Hm, I’m gonna help anyway. You need it.” Nidia started walking over to Siege.

"When he stops trying to insult us through his punishment," Jalin replied, "Or when we have need of him that we are willing to tolerate his mouth for. Whichever comes first." The goal of Sinach's punishment was to teach him to watch his mouth, after all.

Siege, being too chilled to function at the moment, couldn't do much more than shake her head and scoot away from Nidia.

“Fair enough.”

“Oh, come on. My fur is warm, it’ll help.” Nidia sat next to Siege as she hugged her.

Siege grumbled and tried to shove Nidia away, but wasn't able to actually force Nidia off. In spite of herself, Nidia was actually pretty warm.

When the group had all packed up, and gotten Siege calmed down as much as an irritable lion could be calmed, the party was ready to go find a cheap inn to stay the night, they strapped their bags and got ready to leave the castle, after formalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back