• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Nidia was glad to help, among other reasons.

Back in the city, they had a few inns to pick from. The prices depended on the quality and location. The nicest one was right in the market and definitely high quality. The cheapest one was close to the low-class residential district and looked like the kind of place one would go to get stabbed.

"Well, seems we're spoiled for choice," Turac chuckled.

"For once," Jalin smirked, "Do we want to drop our savings for perfect security, or spend nothing and hope we do not wake up to a knife in the ribs?"

Roy shook his head. “Perhaps something in between... Safe without eating our savings.”

Nidia spoke up. “Mm, I want some comfort, not gonna lie. We can earn money again later. Actually, I could probably play a few songs in the market and pay for our next meal.”

"I want out of the box!", Sinach barked. Jalin knocked on the box to shut him up.

"Why is the book in a box?", Siege grumbled.

"He called you a... working girl," Turac chose to word that very carefully. The sound of Siege reaching for her hammer said that might have been a mistake.

Roy held up a hand. “He’s receiving his punishment for that. Save your energy for hitting bigger things.”

Siege grumbled something to the effect of "I'm gonna hit you", as she put her hammer back and looked away. Turac pinched the bridge of his nose and tried to curve the urge to smack sense into his little sister.

"She's just having a bad day," Turac muttered to himself.

"Why don't we seek out a mid-range inn and sort out our plans from there," Jalin offered.

Roy nodded. “Agreed.” With a bit more searching, the group managed to locate an inn that landed about in the middle between luxury and dangerous. It wasn’t at the market, but it was close enough, and they’d be able to afford two rooms.

Through some haggling they managed to negotiate the cost of the rooms down to not be too expensive, and were able to break for the evening. Siege retreated to the girls' room almost immediately, not wanting to deal with anyone in the tavern on the ground floor.

Roy, Nidia, and Emilia sat in the tavern to rest a bit. After a moment, Roy spoke up. “I’m thinking of walking around the city. Listen in for gossip and rumors to trade.”

Turac looked around the tavern and then back at the party seated at a table. "Perhaps that might be useful."

"I will remain here," Jalin nodded, "I believe I have had my fill of meandering for the day."

Nidia nodded. “I should probably stay here, too. Keeping this much composure is gonna get tiring really fast.”

“And you still have your tail up.” Emilia giggled. “I’ll stay here, just in case.”

Turac smiled, "It has been some time since we've had a proper chat, anyway." He looked around the tavern, again. Nidia was getting looks as her scents reached beastkin noses, some with mixed looks of confusion, interest, or disgust.

"Well," Jalin tapped his cane and stood from the table, "It seems we have our plans, then."

Roy nodded and stood up. “Indeed we do. We’ll try to be back before dark.”

Emilia stood up with Nidia before accompanying her to their room. Not that either of them expected to be let in.

"If we are not back by dark," Turac added as he pushed in his chair, "We will call on the amulet. If we do not call, assume we are in trouble."

"We will wait, then," Jalin nodded and went back upstairs to the men's room with Katsuo.

The door was locked, but since every tenant of the room had a key it was easy to open. Siege was... pacing. It seemed like she might walk a hole in the floor if she kept going.

Roy turned and headed out to walk around the city.

Emilia announced herself and Nidia before opening the door. She spoke as they stepped in, both ready to duck if needed. “Are you alright? I mean, aside from the obvious problems.”

Turac followed after Roy, listening to the sound of the city. "So, how has your adventure been progressing since you left home?"

Both the arachne and the leopard needed to duck, it turned out, as Siege took a leaf out of her mother's book and threw a knife at her problems.

“It’s been...complicated. There’s a lot more to an adventure than I had expected.”

They both ducked, Nidia glancing back at the knives stuck in the wall as Emilia continued. “Any way we can help, or should we just stay out until bedtime?”

Turac chuckled, "I suppose there is, for humanoids." He looked down at his hands, "I am finding activities as a human most... interesting. Their senses are incredibly dull, but they are much more agile than dad would suggest."

"Just don't bug me," Siege growled as she kept pacing. Her tail twitched as she walked, like it couldn't decide whether to express itself or try not to incur Siege's anger.

Roy chuckled. “Dad’s big no matter his form.”

Emilia nodded. “I’ll keep quiet.” She headed over to one of the beds that wasn’t clearly claimed.

Nidia chose to stay in the hallway. She couldn’t promise that she wouldn’t do anything accidentally annoying.

"I suppose it does not help him be more agile in human form that he fights with oversized weapons," Turac recalled watching Asta fight while he was still small and Jerry still carried the twins in her arms. "I remember when we are all small, watching him handle thieves with Shuffle."

“I...barely remember that, I think. Mostly mom’s arm in my face. Peeking past, I saw a lot of movement, something red, and from there the memory goes fuzzy.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back