• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Rituals," Ellone smiled, "Not all Shades are made on accident by stupid people messing with lich phylacteries."

"Shuffle!", Adran stopped and grabbed Shuffle's shoulders to make her be still, "Sit. Down." He pointed her to a chair, "And be still, or you won't eat."

"Hm."

Shuffle blinked before hopping up into the chair. Food took priority for now, so she did her best to sit still, though it was very hard and she stilled wiggled on occasion.

Most of the others showed up as he summoned the food, save for Niudisa and Poli. Niudisa was busy keeping an eye on Ellone while Poli was still fine from the last meal.

Ellone didn't go down for dinner either, but she didn't produce any food for herself, either.

"After dinner, it might be a good idea to hang Shuffle up," Adran reminded Erina as she came to the table.

Erina gave a nod. "Right. I'll be sure to do that."

Corona looked at them. "That sounds pretty bad out of context."

Adran blinked, "Okay, I worked for Asmodei and even I know not to make everything a sex joke."

"That did not stop you, however," Joanne shook her head.

"If I was talking about her execution, I'd have said 'It might be a good idea to have Shuffle hanged.'" Adran rolled his eyes, "Grammar matters."

"I believe that is the only area we agree on," Joanne agreed.

"What is your Oath? Do you even know?", Joanne spat with venom, "From what covenant with your beliefs do you gain power? From everything I have heard from you of your contract, you a warlock with a celestial patron, not a paladin." She looked at Adran for his addition, but he just put his hands up.

"I'm not stepping in that mess."

Corona sighed. "Those who stand for Chaos, stand for disorder, mayhem, and chance. Without chance, there is no variation, and the world is dull. As servant of Chaos, I act directly on her orders, for a list of rules can be predicted. My mission is subject to change at her whim. Likewise, my oath is subject to change at her whim. Nothing is guaranteed under Chaos." She gave a shrug. "That's the current one, anyway. Most people don't have what it takes to live under that."

Joanne's fork and knife impaled the table and the paladin left in a huff, sword glowing in its scabbard as she walked away. "I wouldn't do that," Ellone warned as the paladin started towards one of the tunnels, but the sound of smiting and fighting going on just got a shrug from the fairy as she focused back on what she was doing.

"Okay, that just sounds like a summoning incantation and a poorly worded contract at the same time, I'm not gonna lie," Adran shook his head, "Do all gods accept that?"

Corona watched Joanne go before looking at Adran and shaking her head. "No. Only Misery. She's unique among other deities. Sometimes it seems like she's just trying to step on their toes, and those of anyone who believes in them. Where I'm from, the common deities are a group of elemental gods that work to keep the world in balance. Misery has often acted directly against them."

Joanne was no longer the only one struggling to grasp the pantheon Corona revered. "Are you sure Misery isn't a fiend?" That sounded like the behavior of one of the lords of the Hells, not a god. Not even a trickster god. Even Loki only played pranks.

"Pretty sure, yeah. I've never read anything calling her anything different, but then there's not a lot written about her."

Adran pinched the bridge of his nose, "You didn't make a good deal," that was all he said before he left the table himself, going to sit quietly in his tent.

"I don't think I've seen anyone ever piss them both off for the same reason before," Jerry chuckled as the conversation ended. "I think there's a new favorite."

Corona nodded. "I almost always get angry looks when I talk about Misery."

Emil spoke up. "Most people don't like the concept of chaos. They want something solid they can depend on. It's understandable that something standing completely opposite that would upset them."

Niudisa glanced over. "I'm impressed, at least."

Fia tilted her head. "Maybe their shared disagreement will help them get along with each other."

"I doubt it," Jerry shook her head, "Those two haven't gotten along since the beginning." She nodded at Shuffle, "Shuffle's gotten between them a few times. He works with demons, she works with celestials."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back