• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Asta kept his head down as he perched on her shoulder. “I’m sorry... I suppose I can’t be strong in every regard.”

Jerry just shook her head, "I don't need you to be strong here, I just don't like that it's that easy to get you in another woman's bed." She walked out of the tent and went over to where Veo was entertaining Turac by presenting him with brightly colored fruits to eat. "Thank you."

"No problem," Veo smiled and handed Jerry a pomegranate, "He likes the rind," she smiled and went back to her tent.

Asta just stayed quiet for the time being.

Shuffle was back to wiggling and “singing” again, moving about the floor in no particular direction.

Shuffle blinked and looked at Jerry as she was freed. She hopped up, gave a trill as she rubbed up against Joanne, before running off to Fia.

Joanne raised an eyebrow at Shuffle's behavior, "Does she normally make that noise?", she asked, referring to the trilling.

"Nope."

Emil shook his head. “It’s likely a result of her present state. I’ve met other women who’ve done the same, all of whom were feline.”

Emil shook his head. "No, I don't. As far as I know, the only way to end it early is to...satisfy her urges. Otherwise, for feline races, it lasts about a week."

"So we must prepare to wait this out," joanne sighed. She looked at where Jerry and Asta were feeding Turac the pomegranate, "You two have lost decision-making priveleges regarding the sleeping arrangement."

"Hey!", Jerry protested, "We didn't do that to her, you morons did! We've had this discussion!"

Emil spoke again. “Also, since Shuffle is not purely feline, it may be longer or shorter than what I’ve seen.”

"She's not purely anything," Jerry rolled her eyes.

"In any case," Nalla said as she sat down in front of the fighter's tent, "We can only hope to avoid trouble."

Corona scoffed. "Avoid trouble? Down here? Not likely."

Emil shook his head. "Not all trouble. But we can try to avoid as much as we can."

After a while, everyone eventually settled down, or in Shuffle's case found something to do so she wasn't making trouble. Jerry and Asta found Turac very easy to entertain, as babies often were. Anything food related would keep him busy until two bites later it was gone, and anything shiny held his interest easily. Dragons were predictable in that regard, even as hatchlings they wanted a hoard. His treasure stomach wasn't very big, however, and the little turtle was disappointed he could only swallow a few brass coins, the gems, silver, and gold coins proved too large for him.

Likewise Eleonora's attention was easy to hold as long as whoever held her was doing something with their hands and gave her something to look at. Eventually her food caught up with her and she coiled up on Erina's carapace to sleep off her meal.

Joanne and Emfa sat down to sharpen their weapons when they found nothing else to do. Veo had realized by now that, with the group constantly splitting up, she needed to make sure everyone had potions, so she scrounged up every bottle she could get her hands on and filled them, labelling them with a braid from one of her vines whether it was a hydra potion or a greater healing potion. Having those potions in Pseudo-Bottomless Bottles made that much easier to keep doing. Up in her corner, Ellone was having fun with Urodor, "He's pretty talktative," she noted, "He really doesn't like you guys."

Asta stayed with Jerry to look after Turac, doing what he could in his smaller form. It was actually much easier to interact with the little dragon turtle when he was worried about stepping on him.

Erina, having finished her major projects, decided to embellish her own plain dress with some of the colored threads she still had. This of course meant she had to remove said dress, but she didn't mind.

Corona found a spot to settle down, holding her spear in both hands as she closed her eyes.

Emil took to playing music again, just a gentle melody on the violin.

Niudisa looked over at Ellone. "We've kicked his ass twice now. I'd be surprised if he did like us."

"Nothing fazes you, does it?", Ellone raised an eyebrow, "No questions how I can commune with soul gems, how I got control of the sickletails, nothing."

"Magic, of course. And I figured you'd want to keep your secrets, but if you want to brag, by all means, go for it."

"It's really quite simple," Ellone produced a bright blue gem from her miniature storage bag, "I've caged a Shade." She looked over at Jerry and Asta playing with Turac, "Your friend's one, you can cage her and do the same."

"Caged?" Niudisa glanced at Jerry before looking at Ellone again. "Different from regular soul trapping, I assume."

"Not really, no." Ellone shook her head, "When a Shade is matured, the multiple souls within are merged into almost one, and if you're good enough, you can soul trap it in a black gem without overloading it. From there, it's malleable, and it's an amazing conduit."

"Interesting... But that second soul is far from mature, and they haven't merged just yet. Besides, she's still useful to me as she is."

"Your loss," Ellone shrugged, "If she's only got two, it's not really worth it, anyway. Mine's got six." She put her gem away and focused back on Urodor.

"Who's hungry?", Adran asked as he got ready to summon dinner.

"How do six souls end up in one body in the first place?"

Shuffle came running over at the dinner call, shifting the table to the side as she rubbed against the legs of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back