• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Ah... You said you needed a ring, right?"

Niudisa fluttered down to look at it. "Hm... It should work, if someone can figure out how to attach it. Then her armor would function as a harness as well."

"It's just," Adran put up his hands.

"Here," Joanne stopped and knelt to take a look at the ring. "It should be comparatively easy to," she took the ring and put her sword through it, twisting until it cut through one side. "Turn around," she instructed Shuffle, "And sit still."

Shuffle nodded and turned to sit down, holding still as she was told.

Erina looked at Adran. "What's the matter, Adran? You seem upset."

Once Shuffle was still, Joanne carefully found a spot in the center of Shuffle's back to pierce through her leather carefully with a knife, threading the hook through and then twisting the ring back into position, tapping into her own paladin magic to affix the ring back in place. "There." She ruffled Shuffle's hair and smiled.

"I don't like putting a leash on an intelligent being." Adran shook his head, "Except for demons and celestials, it's not right."

"You have a collar on your leopard.", Jerry pointed at Beri.

"My sleigh ring serves multiple purposes," Beri's tail swished, agitated, "Anything attempting to bite my throat must also crush the ring to do so. My harness to pull a sleigh or carry equipment uses the ring to attach around my front without choking me."

"And it's the safest point to grab if I need to calm him down," Adran finished. "I don't put my cat on a leash."

Shuffle smiled back before tilting her head at the conversation at hand.

Erina thought about that for a moment. "Well, if that's the case, ask her. If she agrees to it, it's not a problem, right?"

"Then explain it to her. She's an intelligent being, after all."

Corona scratched her ear as she watched the group discussing Shuffle's leash.

"Mm, very well." Erina turned to Shuffle. "What do you understand so far?"

Shuffle smiled at her. "I get a leash!"

"Do you know what that is?"

"Ah...no."

"It will be a line of silk attached to that ring Joanne just put on your armor. If we go through a place like where we just were, where wandering off can be dangerous, someone else will be holding the other end of that string to stop you from leaving the group. Like when I held your hand but with more room for you to move. It could also be tied to something to keep you in one area."

"Oh. ...but it's to keep me safe, right?"

"That's the main reason, yes."

Shuffle nodded. "That's fine then."

Erina nodded. "Next time we camp, I'll see to it that a suitable leash is made. And anyone who uses that leash for anything besides keeping Shuffle safe will be whipped. Understood?"

"I'm not calling anyone out specifically. Just making sure everyone understands."

Corona finally spoke up. "So, I'm confused. Is she the group pet or not?"

"She's more like the child," Jerry partially shrugged.

"The web of relationships in this party is complex," Joanne shook her head, "You will not be able to understand it on the first day."

"I see..." Corona looked at Shuffle for a moment before deciding to try something. "Hey. Who's a good girl?"

Shuffle paused for a moment. She wasn't sure what the answer was. She briefly glanced at Joanne, but she wasn't certain enough to answer yet.

Corona pointed at Shuffle. "You are."

Shuffle blinked before she smiled, tail wagging behind her.

Corona snickered. "Yeah, I'm voting pet."

"Oh-kay," Jerry said a little louder than intended, "There's a few people in this group you don't mess with." She pointed at Shuffle and Fia "You mess with them, we're all gonna kill you. You touch Veo, we're gonna break some limbs."

"If you touch Adran, Beri, or Erina, the other two are going to kill you," Veo added.

"You touch Jerry, Asta's going to eat you," Adran continued.

Asta nodded. "After Jerry stabs you herself, of course."

Corona blinked. "Ah... You're a close group then." About that time, the floating ball of light finally faded from over her head.

"There are few bonds greater than the bonds between survivors." Joanne nodded.

"We should probably keep moving, guys," Veo called, now a ways down the path.

Emil gave a nod. "Yes, this is no place to camp." He followed after Veo, with others of the group doing the same at their own pace.

The group saddled back up to move on, heading into the next part of the cave system. They came out of the tunnel into a lush grove around a set of hot springs. The plants all seemed vibrant and healthy, Veo's flowers changed colors erratically in excitement at this fertile place. The pools all seemed to be some manner of rainbow spring, terraced down further into the cavern. "Oh, yeah, sulfur!", Jerry whooped.

"Sulfur?" Emfa looked confused.

"You can see it in the rocks, I can use it to make blasting powder."

"Oh." Emfa frowned, alchemy wasn't her thing. The sound of flight overhead drew the group's attention as something large and orange, like Fia's own fiery plumage, flew about within the canopy, difficult to see clearly as it was quite fast for it's size. Were it so inclined, a creature that size could probably pick up Fia, Raine, or Lyak and take off with them with little difficulty.

Corona glanced up. "And of course there's something here..."

Niudisa nodded. "Can't be corrupt though. This area has way too much purity."

Fia seemed especially curious, hopping forward to try and get a better view through the canopy, though her shifting wings suggested she was inclined to fly up.

"It's big whatever it-" The giant thing slammed down to the ground in front of Fia. An enormous bird, built like an eagle the size of a man, but with fire in its bright red plumage and ash for scales on its talons. A whoosh of hot air and a ring of fire spewed out when it landed.

"Half-breed," it sneered when it saw Fia.

"You sure it isn't corrupted?", Emfa asked.

Fia jumped back as the bird landed, looking up at it. "A...another phoenix?"

Niudisa glanced over. "Not corrupted doesn't mean not hostile."

The phoenix cocked it's head at Fia, not at all impressed with her. Then at the party. If a bird face was capable of the expression, it would probably be scowling. "What brings you lot into my home?"

Emil spoke up. "We are traveling to the ruins' depths. We seek only to pass through." He glanced at Jerry. "And perhaps gather some sulfur as well."

Niudisa rubbed her chin as she watched the bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back