• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Niudisa fluttered over to take a look at the feathers, as if shopping for fruit. The ones she liked, she plucked with the magic hand.

Corona dipped her head to Jerry compliment. "Thank you. It's good to put my training to use."

Raine poked her head out of a bush. "Is it done?"

Some of the feathers came away with blood, and sqeaks and chirps of pain from the phoenix as it was plucked.

"Yeah, it's done," Jerry nodded, "Come here, this is kinda funny." She looked back at Corona and then at the other paladin of the group. "Do you think you could-" Jerry didn't get to finish the question before Joanne answered.

"I am trained with many weapons, but mounted combat is not a skillset I am comfortable with. I am not capable of using a lance in the manner Corona has."

Corona nodded. "Misery asks that I use this spear and shield specifically, so learning anything else wouldn't do me any good at this point."

Raine hopped out of the bush and walked over, though she didn't quite see the humor.

Niudisa made sure to collect what blood she could as well. When something doesn't leave a corpse, you gotta get what you can.

"Hmm," Joanne was not familiar with the goddess Misery. She was quite familiar with the Aesir, but for other gods she had only received basic instruction in combating other divine fighters if she had to, not the pantheons that powered them.

"This little bird was so big and bad half an hour ago, now look at him, bleeding and plucked like a chicken for dinner." Jerry chuckled and gave the phoenix a shake, getting a groan in confirmation that the bird was still alive. "What do you need the feathers for, anyway?"

"I think a phoenix-feather hairpin could be beautiful," Veo offered.

"Certain rare potions require phoenix feathers, and some others need phoenix blood. Not only that, they can be used to make potent fire arrows, but that would benefit you more than me. Ah, and a quill pen made from one would look neat and maybe have some kind of magic effect." She glanced at Veo. "I've got plenty, if you want one."

"It's not like we've got a shortage," Jerry shrugged, "We can tie this thing up and have Fia sit on him until we need him."

"That would be nice, yes," Veo smiled. Apparently, she felt the need to defend that, "What? I'm a healer, not a fighter!"

Fia paused for a moment, shuffling her wings a bit. "Mm... I've never met another phoenix before now. I've always wondered what it would be like, but...it's just not what I was expecting...."

"This one is hardly the norm," Joanne shook her head, "I have heard tell of other firebirds older than nations that have watched empires rise and fall, this cruel one," she glanced back at the hatchling, "Is the first I have ever heard of that was not at least wise if not benevolent."

"I do not know. Perhaps remaining underground for many centuries has addled his mind in ways we cannot understand. Birds are meant for the sky, after all, not the caves."

Niudisa nodded. “That would make sense. Even Urodork went more than a little nuts without being corrupted.”

"My name is Urodor!"

"Shut up, Urotwit! You don't have rights anymore!" Jerry tossed one of her knives so the blunt side hit the cage hard enough that it rattled and tumbled off of the cart, giving Urodor a shake and hopefully addling him if the party was lucky.

Niudisa finished putting away he newly obtained feathers before brushing off her hands. “Well, that’s all I need for now.”

Jerry nodded and turned the phoenix right-side up. The half-plucked hatchling looked pretty out of it, making it easy for Jerry to tie him up to keep an eye on him for now. "In the meantime," she glanced around the springs going further down in the caves, "I think we got incredibly lucky with this spot."

Erina nodded as she walked up with her cart. “Aside from the bird, this seems to be a safe place. I would assume that means this is all healing water.”

Emil glanced at Veo. “Well, I stand corrected...”

"I mean, you were almost right?", Veo offered, "Where we were wasn't a good place to camp.

"Yeah, this is magic water, it doesn't feel tainted like the swamp did." Jerry dipped the tip of her tail in the water and it came back steaming, whether that was because the water was just very, very warm or because it was burning corruption was up for debate, really.

Joanne went back to the carts for something, "We have gathered new items and materials, and we will not likely find a safer place for some time. We should settle here for a while. It will give Erina time to finish her weaving, and Niudisa time to finish her alchemical works."

"And this looks like the best chance we've found for a safe place to bathe," Adran commented. found a flat rock and drew a circle on it with his chalk, "You can set the hatchling down here, it's the same barrier I use for demons."

"I meant earlier, when we were figuring out the laundry. I said it was unlikely we'd find a spring of healing water, yet here it is."

Erina went ahead and started setting up her loom. "I will try to get the rest of the outfits done as soon as I can." She paused for a moment. "I should have asked before, but is anyone here against wearing a skirt or dress?"

"Oh, well then it's a pleasant surprise," Veo smiled, "I'm perfectly fine with a skirt!"

"My usual activities make a skirt impractical," Joanne shook her head, then glanced back at Jerry. Jerry had been a man at the start of this dungeon, after all, she did not know how the rogue would go about this.

"I...", Jerry did not have an answer to that.

Erina gave a nod. "I've never made anything like pants before, so I'll need to study some to figure that out." She looked at Adran.

"Well, if I anyone would let me borrow their pants, it would be you. I'll need them at some point, otherwise no one gets new pants, and that includes you."

Erina looked over and nodded. "Mm, very well. Thank you."

Emil spoke up. "Well, let's set up camp then."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back