• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

"Yeah, I know better than to get handsy with Jerry by now," Adran waved it off, "Besides, I'm with you." He turned to go back to and repair his summoning circle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
No one saw Emil and Veo for a while after the end of the first game of hide and seek. They were of course still inside their tent in bed. "Do you think the others wonder where we are?", Veo asked, glancing at the tent flap over Emil's head. In the twin-sized bed, it was a bit crammed even with the two's size difference. Veo and Emil were able to fit so long as they were in a close embrace on the bed.

--------------------
Around lunchtime, Jerry's stomach woke her up. Wiping her eyes, she exited Erina and Adran's tent to go looking for the goodberry bush. The wings had, for the most part, grown in. The framework of the wings had definitely grown in by now, bones, muscle, and scales having filled out the general shape of the wings, the membrane that connected the wings' 'fingers' was missing at the moment, it would probably grow in later. Jerry still looked tired, but she didn't look like a dead woman walking.

--------------------
Adran, Emfa, Joanne, and Beri being dragged along exited the forge through the giant door to go assemble the rafts. "We shall return," the elf announced before the door shut.

Erina paused at that and glanced after him. Any show of loyalty seemed odd coming from him, but she was glad to see he was trying.

—————

Emil glanced back as well, certainly willing to stay close. “No one’s knocked as far as I’ve noticed. Unless someone got injured, they wouldn’t have reason to search for either of us, I don’t think.”

—————

Shuffle had taken to sitting by the food table, looking at the golden cat statue she’d found in Urodor’s hoard.

"Hmm." Veo smiled, "We should probably make our presence known." She planted a kiss on the bard's head before crawling over him to peek outside before getting dressed. Halfway through her blouse she realized she'd never checked if there was anything wrong with Jerry's wings. "Uh-oh."

--------------------
"Hey, Shuffle," Jerry smiled and ruffled Shuffle's hair before popping a berry. "What are you up to?"

Emil smiled and got up after her to find where his own clothes had gone. He looked over at her ‘uh oh.’ “Something wrong?”

—————

Shuffle smiled at Jerry before looking at her statue again. “Trying to stay out of the way. We were playing games earlier, but then me and Beri had an argument and Erina got mad...”

"I never checked Jerry's wings!", Veo almost laughed at the obsurdity. She'd just slept with the bat, and her immediate concern was a previous engagement from hours ago.

--------------------
"Hmm, that's good- wait, you got into a fight with Beri?"

Emil blinked before giving her a small smile. “Ah, whoops. I’m sure she’ll be fine though.”

—————

“Not a fight, an argument. We were all playing hide and seek, and I was looking for a place to hide, but he was there first and he got angry. Then Erina got angry cause we were in the way of her work, so she made us sit. Now Beri’s angry with her, too.” Shuffle has found that the cat statue’s arms moved a bit, so she was idly moving them as she explained what happened.

Veo giggled and hurriedly dressed herself. "I'll be back, I promise," she promised, unlocking the tent to go look for Jerry. She didn't find her in Erina's tent, so she called up over the tent to Erina's workspace on the ledge above to see if Erina had seen Jerry.

--------------------
"Oh, shit." Now Jerry had to work around that when she planned. "What did Erina do to Beri?" She knew Shuffle and Beri didn't get along very well, but what had Erina done to piss off the leopard?

Emil chuckled. “Alright.” He was glad he’d gotten mostly dressed by the time she unbarred the tent flap.

Erina glanced over before answering that she hadn’t seen Jerry since breakfast. She assumed she was still asleep.

—————

Shuffle looked at Jerry. “She made us sit. She said sit and we sat.” She looked at the cat again. “It was weird...”

"Of course," Veo shook her head. She hadn't seen Asta, either, so she poked her head in their tent to see if they were having a chat. Not finding them, she went to go see where the others were.

--------------------
"What?", Jerry was incredibly confused. "How did she do that?"

Fia was still in Niudisa’s tent. She wasn’t getting in the way, so Niudisa paid her no mind as she kept working on enchantments. Asta was still in his nook, having fallen asleep from waiting for someone to find him.

—————

Shuffle shrugged. “I don’t know. She just said the words and it happened.”

"Oh, there you are!", Veo saw Jerry and Shuffle when she got around to the table the party had eaten at earlier. "How are your wings?"

"They're fine, they just itch," Jerry shook her head, "How did Erina control Shuffle and Beri?"

Veo hadn't heard of that. "When did that happen?"

Shuffle looked up and retold what she’d told Jerry. “Now I’m just trying to stay out of the way.” She paused for a moment before glancing around. “Mm, I haven’t seen Fia or Asta since then either.”

Veo just looked incredibly confused. "I was with Emil, how did... Jerry is this how you feel every time-"

"Welcome to my world, yeah."

"I am so sorry."

Shuffle picked up her cat statue and put it away before standing up. “I’m gonna look for Fia and Asta.”

Turning back to Veo, taking her filling-out wings away from the minotaur, Jerry focused on the healer. "So, what were you doing with Emil that involved leaving Shuffle to her own devices?"

"Um," Veo glanced back at her tent, "Chatting with Emil?"

"You're a really bad liar, you know that? Your flowers are pink."

"Dammit."

Shuffle managed to track down Fia first. They both kept low to avoid bothering Niudisa as they left her tent. After that, she started following Asta’s trail.

"Whatever, just don't let it screw us over in the long run," Jerry shook her head, "I've got stuff I need to take care of, thank you for helping me out this morning." She walked past Veo and headed back to her tent to retrieve Poli and psyche herself up for the conversation she was about to have.

Veo, in turn, headed back to her tent, "I told you I'd be back," she winked.

Shuffle eventually tracked Asta to his nook. She poked him a few times to wake him up.

Asta lifted his head and glanced around. “Hm? Did I win?”

Shuffle shrugged. “I don’t know. We’re done playing though. Jerry’s up. She’s wants to talk to you.”

Asta blinked before shaking himself awake as he stood up. “Right. I’ll head over.” He took a moment to stretch before going to find Jerry.

Poli was still in lockbox form on the table.

Emil smiled at her from where he sat on the bed with his lute. “And so here I remained. Is everything fine out there?”

"Come on, Poli," Jerry picked up the lockbox and started pacing within the tent. How was she going to do this? She'd never had to have this conversation with anyone, even as a man.

--------------
"Everything's fine for the most part," Veo nodded. "Jerry's alright, physically, anyway." She sat down and shrugged, "Asta told her he wants to have kids with her, she didn't take that very well, but otherwise everything's okay, I think. Somehow, Erina can control Shuffle and Beri?"

Poli formed some eyes to look at Jerry. “Where we going?”

—————

Emil blinked. “Well... That’s... something. I feel like we missed more than we expected.”

"We are going nowhere," Jerry shook her head, "I am not facing Asta naked after last night."

---------------
"Oh, no," Veo shook her head, "Jerry and Asta happened last night, I found out this morning, and got... sidetracked."

“Ah, right. I don’t know what exactly happened last night, but I could taste the tension. Anyway, I got you covered.” Poli melted out of the lockbox form and formed up the bodysuit.

Asta arrived a little while after, poking his head into the tent.

—————

“Ah. I am curious as to how Erina is suddenly able to command two of our members. Has she been hiding something from us?”

Poli probably could taste the tension, it had practically been pouring out of Jerry's sweat. She took a seat as Asta appeared. She gestured to the middle of the tent. "Have a seat."

----------------
"I don't know," Veo shook her head, "She was wearing a new pair of bracelets today, maybe that has something to do with it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back