• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

Shuffle left the magebane on the raft in favor of swimming. She poked her head up at the mention of the fish. “Yeah!”

Emil shook his head as he flew nearby. “I believe that about covers it for the time being.”

Fia had settled next to Lyak. She seemed to wanted to comfort her, but she just didn’t know how.

Poli, about halfway through the raft trip, reformed the bodysuit.

Jerry shrugged, "I've got his key rock, though," Jerry fished the rocks out of her pocket, one from Lyak, the other from Yidi's corpse, "So even if it is still there we can just walk through."

“Mm. It still seems like a lot of effort to have to open it every time we want to go through.”

Jerry shrugged, "I mean, the alternative is an anti-magic field, and unless we're keeping magebane with us, that's not feasible."

"Coming up on the exit hall," Adran called once the tunnel came into sight.

“Mm.” Shuffle just looked ahead and kept on swimming.

Niudisa fluttered a bit ahead to see if the hedge was still there, just out of curiosity.

The hedge was in fact still there, but seemingly less... alive than it had been before. Almost like whatever was making it so durable wasn't there anymore. Amdis pulled the makeshift raft up onto the mud beach and everyone got off or climbed onto land. "Alright, let's get out of here." Adran put his horse back on her page, and the group moved up.

"Here's hoping this works," Jerry muttered, walking up with the key rock, the hedge opening like it had for Yidi and Lyak before. "Cool."

Emil gave a nod as he landed with the others. “At least it will be easier to pass through here, even if the grove is still dangerous.”

Niudisa glanced back. “Here’s hoping the tarrasque’s in the swamp keep stuff from moving back in there.”

"Tarrasques are rare but territorial, the feeders have more to fear from them than us," joanne nodded, "I only hope they do not become corrupted."

"We'll find out later," Jerry shrugged, and then switched languages to tell Raine and Lyak that the upcoming territory was more dangerous than the swamp and to stay close to the party.

Raine gave a nod and made sure to stand closer to the middle of the group.

Shuffle ahead and started sniffing around on the way back to the forge.

Lyak followed Raine, and once they had the space around them, Jerry brought Asta to full size, giving Lyak a near heart attack and making Jerry laugh. "Hear that, Asta, you scare the hell out of goblins," Jerry shook her head. How had hanging out with man-eating beasts become normal to her?

Raine wasn’t quite ready for it either, jumping and stepping back.

Asta glanced over. “Any race would be right to fear me.”

"I mean, intimidation is valuable, but yeah, it's better to be respected, or better yet, unknown," Jerry shrugged, patting Asta on the shoulder, "Hey, it's not like fear isn't a valuable tool down here, we're just from different worlds."

When they got back to the forge, one of Thoradin's constructs was waiting, knocking on the door once it saw them to alert the other constructs to open it to let them through. "We got magebane and killed Yidi," Jerry called, "Veo, I need you to take a look at something."

“Of course...” Asta stayed quiet as he walked with the group.

Erina looked over as the group returned. “Welcome back. It’s good to see you’ve all returned.” She paused as she noticed the goblin and kobold among them. “And then some...”

Raine, seeing yet another predator, quickly hid behind whoever was closest.

"They're shy," Jerry chuckled at Raine's response. Lyak seemed too shellshocked at the moment to muster more than a grunt and just sat down where directed. 'Raine, this Erina, friend.' She relayed the same to Lyak before Veo rushed over.

"What is it, did someone get hurt?"

"Something like that," Jerry nodded, and then leaned in to whisper, "Listen, I think it's best we find a quiet corner to do this, I don't want Asta to freak out any more than he already has." She pulled out one of the decks that they'd found, and somehow she'd retrieved from Emil's bag without the bat noticing, "There's a soundproof surgery tent somewhere in here." Veo nodded and gestured to the corner she'd been working on medicines in. Jerry turned to the others before following, "Raine and Lyak don't understand common, but they can pantomine pretty well, so if you need them for something, communicate with that, unless you can cast Comprehend Languages on them."

Thoradin walked up to see what they'd done to the magebane, clicking his tongue in disappointment at the pot. "That is nae enough to restore your items."

"Oh, we've got more, Jerry was just insistent we plant some in this pot," Adran reached into the bag of holding to pull out the rest, and Thoradin's eyes just about bugged out of his head.

Erina smiled at the newcomers. Raine just went and sat down, keeping an eye on the spider.

Shuffle smiled proudly as the rest of the magebane was pulled from the bag. “I grabbed as much as I could.”

"Half the garden, yeah," Adran laid the bundle on the table, "We've also got this," he produced the goodberry bush pot as well.

"Thor's hammer ye got de' good shit!", Thoradin clapped appreciatively, "Them's rare, what that goblin been up to, eh?"

Adran shrugged, "Well, his granddaughter's sitting on your mech's foot," he gestured towards Lyak. "Careful, we just killed her grandfather." Then he leaned in, "Do not piss off Jerry or Niudisa, those two are terrifyingly happy cutting things up."

Niudisa fluttered over. “Oh, right. About these pots. They’re enchanted to sap mana from their surroundings in order to make sure whatever’s planted in them stays fresh and ready to harvest. That said, I’ll be keeping my distance from them.”

Erina got up from her loom, heading over towards Lyak.

"As long as they dinnae interrupt me constructs, I've no quarrel wit' 'em." Thoradin waved it off, "Er, what would it take to trade ye for one o' dem?"

------------------------------------
After some fishing, Jerry found the card she was looking for, pitching the soundproof tent and walking inside with Veo, unfolding a pair of chairs as well. "Alright, Poli, I'm gonna need you to come off for a while, okay?", Veo asked.

------------------------------------
Lyak didn't do much as Erina approached, she looked up to see who was approaching, and then looked back down at her lap.

Niudisa rubbed her chin. “Hm... Considering their use, they’re very valuable. Basically an endless supply of any plant, so it’s good for food or rare alchemy ingredients. I’d set the price pretty high.”

—————

Poli started pulling off again. “Ah, when I was forming the bodysuit earlier, I felt something under those wounds. Bone, or something else hard like that.”

—————

Erina stopped at what she considered a respectable distance and folded her legs under herself, looking Lyak’s clothes over.

"Name yer price," Thoradin gestured to his forge, "Ye know what I can produce."

----------------
"We'll see- oh my gods, who did these stitches?", Veo just about screeched. "Did they put the needle through with a sledgehammer? I can see bone! How are you still walking?" Poking out of the gashes on both sides were four bony protrusions, one a bit below the other.

"That's what I didn't want Asta seeing," Jerry shook her head and sat down backwards on the chair so Veo had better access to her injuries. "When I was a fairy, the old goblin, he... well he tried to dissect me. His granddaughter tried to stitch me up, and when my polymorph wore off, the stitches didn't expand with me."

"Gods, Jerry, I don't understand how you're still conscious, this looks horrible!" Veo fumbled around her bag for the tools she needed and started cutting and removing the stitches.

-----------------
Lyak didn't seem to actually have clothes. Sure, she was wearing some kind of cloak about her shoulders, but she was barefoot, and her pants seemed more a patchwork of cloth and leather than actual clothes, probably made herself, and from the waist up she didn't have a shirt so much as she was covered from throat to wrist to belt in old bandages, stained with sweat, swamp-water, and smelling faintly of herbs like Veo's medicines. About the only thing on the goblin that could be considered an independent clothing item would probably be the piercings in her floppy ears or her hair sticks.

“Hm... Remind again what you already intend to to help us out? And what you’ve done so far.”

—————

Poli settled off to the side, as usual.

—————

Erina concludes that the girl’s wardrobe definitely needed work. She tried to figure out how to communicate her offer. After a few moments, she got up and went back to her loom to get the dress she had made before sitting in front of Lyak again to show it to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back