• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cursed Island

“Emil’s flute can put him to sleep.”

—————

Erina paused before leaning over to look at the girl. She decided to try a less direct approach. Instead of reaching towards her, she simply held her hand out in front of the girl at a short distance.

Veo shrugged, "I guess." She tied and cut the thread she was using for stitches and fished out a potion to pour down Jerry's throat to make her heal faster. "Poli, when you... do your thing again, leave the upper back open. I know you're gentle, but we don't want to screw up whatever the dragon's doing." Any movements of the new bones that might be forced under Poli's bodysuit might lead to more problems later. As Veo explained that, she wrapped bandages around Jerry's upper back and around the protrusions, more to keep Jerry from re-opening stitches than anything else, if the potion did its work properly.

---------------------
Nyah had given up on trying to communicate with Lyak after Adran explained he couldn't do anything with languages, and went back to the other little ones to entertain.

Lyak hid behind one of Erina's legs when Erina held her hand out. Cautiously, she reached out to take Erina's hand, slowly, so as to be able to snatch her arm back if she thought she was in trouble.

Poli gave a nod. “Got it.”

—————

Shuffle drew away from Erina and Lyak in favor of being distracted with Fia. Raine wasn’t so easy to lure, but she eventually went to see what it was, at least.

Erina smiled at Lyak and kept her hand still, letting goblin girl take things at her own pace.

Once Jerry was patched up, Veo told Poli it was free to form back up, and then opened the tent flap to leave with Niudisa.

------------------
Slowly, Lyak approached and took Erina's hand, watching Erina with wide eyes like a caged animal. Considering she was surrounded by 8 spindly spider legs, 'caged' might not be the wrong descriptor.

Poli hopped over and reformed the bodysuit, leaving the back open this time.

Niudisa headed on out of the tent.

—————

Erina smiled waiting a moment before moving a thumb to hold her hand, though she kept her grip loose enough that Lyak could easily pull away.

"Kijama?" Whatever Lyak was trying to say, it seemed to be more curiosity than fear this time as she came closer to Erina's humanoid half. She was pretty much hugging Erina's arm before she got up to where spider ended and humanoid began.

“I wish I knew what you were saying... I’m a friend. You don’t have to be scared.” Erina could only hope her tone of voice conveyed what she meant.

Lyak cocked her head, tone was conveyed, but exact meanings weren't. Still, it seemed Lyak trusted Erina to some extent. Not smacking the shit out of her seemed to be the minimum requirements for Lyak's trust.

Erina stayed leaning over so she could keep ahold of the girl’s hand as she walked back over to her loom.

Once back at the loom, Lyak ound a place to sit so that she wasn't obstructing Erina's weaving but she could watch very closely and try to emulate it with that light string magic she had used earlier.

------------------
"Alrighty," Adran stood up with the finished contract and went to go find the dwarf.

"Well, aren't ye a trickster," Thoradin shook his head and grinned as he took the brand he used to hallmark his work and seared it into the contract on the signature line. "I'll get ye yer goods."

Erina settled down and got back to work, occasionally glancing at Lyak.

The others had pretty much settled down in their own spots. Emil with his lute, Poli on Jerry, Asta in a corner where he could see the tent where Jerry was, Niudisa idling in the air, and Shuffle and Fia watching Nyah’s plays. Raine wasn’t as enthralled as they were, but she had nothing better to do, so she stayed and watched.

Hours passed as everyone attended their goods. Every once in a while, one of Thoradin's constructs would go around and get measurements of individual party members. Ring sizes, wrist circumference, necklace size, or in Niudisa's case, the circumference of her waist, since she was too small for any of the other such items. About the only thing Thoradin hadn't successfully produced by the time Jerry woke up with a sleep drug hangover was all of the things that involved leather, for obvious reasons.

"What's the verdict?", Jerry muttered, rubbing her face and trying to get feeling back in her legs that had fallen asleep after sitting like that for so long.

"Well, your dragon did a thing," Veo pointed towards Niudisa, "She can explain it better than I can, but basically dragon wants wings."

"I hate this place."

---------------------------------
Adran stood and stretched once Jerry woke up, "Alrighty, we need a plan for the leather and the rafts."

Niudisa nodded. “Yeah, pretty much. And apparently it likes the fairy style, so you’re getting four instead of two. On the plus side, four wings should help your airborne mobility.”

—————

Emil looked over. “We’ll need our hunters for that. And while they’re skinning beasts and keeping them busy, someone else may be able to cut some wood.”

Jerry facepalmed. She was definitely waking up with a blue handprint if that potion wasn't fast enough. "Where's the goodberry bush? I'm starving again."

"Table," Veo pointed at the table with the bush and magebane plant, "Thoradin's been fixing everyone's items, too, so that's better." Jerry wasn't listening, she was already at the bush to toss down a berry.

------------------
"Beri, Shuffle, and I can hunt," Adran shrugged, "That's our gig. Emfa's got the axe."

Niudisa nodded. “And the kid hasn’t been crying, thanks to Erina, so that’s a plus.”

—————

“Joanne could provide additional protection as well.”

"That's good, " Jerry nodded, "How's the other one been doing?"

"Watching a show with Shuffle and Fia."

"Good." Jerry wandered over to Asta to see how he was doing.

---------------
"We shall need someone to pull the carcasses we collect," Beri agreed.

"We're gonna need the healing water to keep them from decaying before I can skin them, too." The flask bounced off of Adran's chest, thrown by Jerry. "Thank you."

Emil glanced over towards Asta’s corner. “Asta can most likely carry them. We might be able to tie them down with Erina’s rope.”

Asta was currently napping, though everyone talking was gradually waking him up.

"Hey, Asta," Jerry smiled at the chimera as he rose to consciousness. "Did you sleep well?"

"We can do that, yeah,' Adran nodded, "Erina, mind if we use your cart?"

Asta let out a yawn before looking at Jerry. “Mm, yes. Are you well?”

Erina glanced over. “Not at all. I’ll only need it when we move on as a group.”

"I'm fine," Jerry nodded. "I've got bones sticking out of my back, but other than that I'm fine."

"Thank you," Adran gave Erina a thumbs up. "So me, Beri, and Shuffle hunt, Emfa kills a bunch of trees, and Joanne stands around looking scary. Once we've got a massive pile of skins, we pile them on the cart and Asta can pull it back in. Did I miss anything?"

"I believe that is it," Joanne nodded.

"Good, I've got a mountain and a half of stuff to identify before we move on," Jerry called, "And I gotta teach Raine and Lyak Common."

Raine glanced over at the sound of her name, but it didn’t look like anyone was actually addressing her.

Asta got up and stretched out. “So, we’re to hunt then?”

Adran nodded at Asta's question. "Yeah, but don't destroy the skin, we need it to make leather out of." He walked over to Erina to retrieve the cart, taking off the Pact Chain bracelets and handing them to her. "Figured you might like these. It's a Pact Chain, they let you control animals, as long as they're properly used." The pact chain didn't look like Yidi's chain with how it appeared as Adran handed it over, so Lyak didn't pay much attention beyond looking up to see what was going on.

"Bag," Jerry walked over for the bag of holding and all the magic items they'd yet to ID. Adran handed it over and she went back into the soundproof tent to work without distraction.

"Alrighty," Adran gathered up everyone that was going out, "Shuffle, you know the rules. No blood. You too, Beri." Asta, he reasoned, was more than smart enough to know better.

Erina looked over and took the chain. “I see.” Since Adran was going hunting, she figured she’d get her lesson for using it properly afterward.

Shuffle nodded. “And aim for the head to kept the hide intact. And no fire or acid.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back