• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [Currently Closed] Looking for Long-Term RP Partner(s)

Friendly_Luker

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi Everyone!

You can call me K! I’ve been role playing on and off for over 10 years now. I currently have one long-term RP partner, but currently looking for one or a couple of more long-term RP partner(s). I do have one very loose medieval fantasy idea in mind, but before you reach out, please make sure to read the entire post to see if we'd be a good match.

Some about me:
  • One of my strict rules is that I will only RP with people who are 21+ as I’m currently in my late 20s.
  • Plots filled to the brim with OCs! These can be fully fleshed out OCs (even ones you've previously used and looking for another RP for them) or OCs that we’ll get to flesh out in our RP. Although I do not do fandom RPs, I do not mind setting our plot within the worlds of existing works, such as, Percy Jackson, The Shadowhunter Chronicles, etc.
  • I love doing supernatural, modernized mythology, creation of our own lore/mythos, fantasy, and slice of life* storylines. (*IF the storyline is right.)
  • I do not do any group and will not engage in RPs that are heavy on gore/violence.
  • I’m really big on romance and would prefer for the leading characters (and even the side characters) to have some romance to their character arcs!
  • I normally RP as a male character for my main, but will RP as female or LGBTQIA+ for my side characters. I’m currently leaning more towards a main MxF driven plot with a partner to play the female role. I'm also open to some poly romance plots - but only MxFxM.
  • I fall anywhere between semi-literate to literate – just depends how many mental resources I have at hand (currently in grad school and sometimes I’m depleted).
  • I strongly prefer paragraph length RPs. Please refer below for grammar and length. I feel like I’m pretty laxed but I’m definitely more interested in longer and manageable responses.
  • I normally only write in the third person and would prefer a partner who does as well.
  • I can get out a few responses throughout the week, sometimes even daily! It really depends on my workload for a given week.
  • I love having OOC chats and using Discord to keep track of that and plot brainstorming!

What I’m looking for in a partner:
  • Consistency – As mentioned above, I am fairly active and always near my laptop so you can expect regular response. Only caveat being my muse/life/workload etc. I would also like my partner to provide regular responses. If you can’t please let me know! I’m big on communicating and will let you know if I can’t either!
  • Length – Please give me a couple of paragraphs or more per response.
  • Grammar – We’re all human and the last thing you want is to constantly have someone on you about where a comma goes. So, as long its decent and I can understand what you wrote, then no problem on my end. I make plenty of mistakes myself and English isn’t my first language.
  • Involvement – Please be involved in the planning of the story we’re trying to come up with together. If I feel as though I’m the only one adding to the story, you’re only running with my ideas, or you expect me to run with all of your ideas I’ll probably become disinterested. This extends beyond the creation/planning stage. I am huge on side characters and will use them to help with the story. Please do also feel free to use your own! I feel like they also help prevent lag the story for whatever reason. I don’t expect us to be constantly plotting once we start, but I would like to have a strong foundation of what we’re getting into before we do.
  • Communication – I’ve lightly touched upon this previously, but just let me know if something isn’t working out, you’ll take long to respond, want to talk about where the story is going, au ideas for our OCs outside of the main plot when we’re feeling stuck, or just want to talk in general! I’m all about becoming friends along the way :). I usually use discord for this type of communication.

For any other questions, clarifications, or potential interests, please PM me! I will not be responding to any comments left on this thread. Thank you :)

I’m also Including a sample of one of my old starters (if you happen to be interested in this idea and developing it further, I’m up for that as well!):

Who knew that in death, in his non-living state, he would have experienced more of life than while he was alive? Maddox came to know fear, love, and pain so deeply, to intimately, that as a he human he knew he would have never even scratched the surface of them. The fear was all but gone, but the love and pain that plagued him even as he attempted to experience what his new non-life had to offer him, was always at the forefront of his mind.

It had taken years to finally give into them and break his promise of never returning to the states. The temptation to see her again, to open a wound that never fully closed, it suffocated him even when his body no longer asked for air. There was nothing else he could do to subdue it, no matter the countless of women he spent his time with or the amount of blood he intoxicated himself with, she remained deeply embedded in his mind. Her image haunted him but also comforted him in the night that he felt the most alone.

But she threw you away, the thought would echo in his head whenever he thought of her of returning to her. She only made you to entertain her before she settled down with someone else. Someone worth her. Yet, as he stood watching himself in the mirror, he had hoped they had all be lies she fabricated to push him away, drive him to a place where they wouldn’t be able to find and kill him after they found out what she had done. But that had been 45 years ago. Surely, things were different now. If not, at least he would afford himself to see her once more before he was finally taken from this world.

Maddox wasn’t sure how long he had been readjusting his burgundy suit jacket. The choice of an all burgundy suit for the black only dress code art gala tonight was purposeful. All he did was hid from others the last time he was here, but now wanted to garner attention. He had been fixing loose strands of his raven black hair back into place when the alarm on his phone finally rang. The perpetual dark eyes that were being reflected back at him in the mirror were pulled to the phone. It was time to head out and, if his informant was correct, she would be in attendance.

Without wasting another second, he grabbed the invitation and headed out.

The event hall the art gala was hosted in, much to his surprise, was filled with humans. Their differing scents of blood mixed in the air and on another other given night, would have thrilled him, but tonight it made him grow nauseous. What if his informant had be wrong, or lied to him to see his bank filled up with the enormous amount of money he had already sent to him? He supposed it didn’t matter.

With a glass of champagne that he would occasionally bring to his lips but never actually drink from, he began to make through the throngs of people. Never once missing the curious glances that were thrown his way or the whispers that always reached his ears. Who is he? I haven’t seen him before. A bit of a statement piece, must be full of himself. You do have to admit, he may look better without it. When he was just about sure that he had scoured every inch of the gala, he stopped in front of one art piece that caught his attention.

It was a monster of piece. Took up the entirety of one of the walls while others shared the space with three to five other pieces. Even so, there was something oddly comforting about the black, greys, and whites that were strung together. As he let his eyes take in every aspect of it, it seemed more and more to him that the colors were fighting with one another across the canvas. Far too often the black overpowered the others, at time it was the grey, and in very few instances the white. It was all too beautiful. If nothing else, he could always take this piece with him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back