• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Cryptid Roleplays

Hey all! I'm WhimsicalWriter, but feel free to call me Whimsy or Em. I have a mighty need for some cryptid content, and who doesn’t love campy fun? Apologies in advance if this thread is messy—I’m writing it all on my phone.

For these roleplays I want to focus on a group of adult humans. We would play 2-3 characters each. That being said, please be willing to play multiple characters and genders. As for romance, we can incorporate that however we like, or we can keep things platonic.

On to some rules/important notes!
1. You must be 18+ years old, as I am twenty-four myself.
2. No incest or pedophilia.
3. Don't write one-liners. I do 2-5 paragraphs on average, but this heavily depends on the scene and how many characters are involved.
4. Have decent grammar and spelling.
5. Be LGBTQA+ friendly.
6. Be understanding about my schedule. Sometimes I can write multiple responses a day, and other times I can only do a couple a week.
7. Be willing to roleplay on RPnation or Discord.

PLOTS

1. Let’s Discover Some Cryptids, Gang!
A group of people travel the world to investigate cryptid legends. They post everything to their popular YouTube channel, and they recently even started selling merchandise. However, as charismatic and passionate as they seem on camera, the truth is they’re all deniers. They don’t actually believe cryptids exist for a second. Then one day, after finishing filming, they head to the unkempt hotel they plan to stay the night. There begins a series of odd experiences that makes them question everything they know…

2. Your Tricks Are Getting Old, Mothman.
For an unknown reason, cryptid activity seems to follow a tired college student. They couldn’t care less about the unholy screeches at night or the little creatures watching with unblinking eyes—it’s been happening for so long that the novelty has long since worn off. One day a classmate, who is an excitable cryptid enthusiast, notices the strange events, and they make it their mission to stay glued to the tired student’s side in order to record everything. Eventually others join the wild ride that is their monster-riddled college experience.

Hi Whimsy. Fun idea you have here and plot one has some similarities to a story I'm trying to recruit for.

If you're interested shoot me a PM and we could maybe do some brainstorming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back