• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Crimson Streets (Still accepting! Looking for a male character)

Dragongal

Miss Medic
Looking for a male character to keep the genders even; this is an adventure, not a romance (though romance is allowed within the adventure). We are currently 2/7 male. We only have room for one more player.

"I know that what we ask of you is much; it is dangerous in many ways. however, for the good of the kingdom, for the safety of its people, to stop these murders, please, help your White Queen."

So, this is actually the third go at this RP, the last two died due to personal problems on the parts of the players and GMs. Credit goes to HighnessReign and RhythmWriter for the first two tries.

More detail will go out if there is enough interest; there is a whole culture and history to this RP.

STILL LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

OVERALL

Wunderheim is a kingdom known to the rest of the world as a "Wonderland", free from conflict, war, and poverty. Despite their glorious title, Wunderheim is anything but the peaceful kingdom others describe it as.

With the corrupt nobility, bustling black market, and the strictly enforced class system, the kingdom of Whunderheim has always been home to many notorious criminal organizations, as well as the growing black market.

Plot

"You may not believe what I shall come to explain, but I plead that you bear in mind that if you are to not cooperate those who have come to call our land Whunderheim home may not live to do so by the end of this coming month. Please, listen to the words of your Queen and search your hearts for your generosity."

I have requested each of your presences in hopes of earning assistance after being informed of both facts and rumors. Things speaking of your inhuman varying abilities that allow you do things many can barely fathom. Such abilities that take no physical form but are conjured within yourselves and you are incapable of being seperated from permanently."

I bring up such a topic aware that it very much likely has to do with the sudden rise in mortality that I am sure you all may have encountered in some form or another in these recent passing weeks. Peculiar deaths such as children seemingly drowned when they are but inside their homes and far from any of our water sources, mens skin ruined by excruciating third degree burns, though without any ash or other signs of fire near their bodies. Such growing oddities have concerned me farther and farther by each new dawn, fearful of falling asleep as I may awaken to be informed that another larger percentage of those I have sworn to protect have even planned to lay six feet under rather then under the cotton covers of their sheets."

Such announcements have begun to stress both myself and the civilians you live beside, and for many days those who are capable of doing so have inspected and conjured as much information as they may each cycle the sun travels from east to west. And with what evidence I now hold I must tell you something of great importance."

Throughout both the kingdom's streets and the alleyways I am aware statements having to do with the white rabbit's family treasure have been spread, predictions as to where they may be or of what jewels may be within that of my families wealth. Now children, yes, we do hold great riches as expected but they are hidden away within a secret chamber inside the depths of this castle, within the clocks in the chests of these great clockwork dolls a man once interacting with my family long ago placed together with withering hands. Within their once ticking hearts this man had slid a single jagged jewel or crystal in its designated home, a power which he had been oblivious to, his expirtise and tedious process capable of granting these mechanical beings great life close to that of a human."

But this fair man had been uninformed of what true abilities these beauties of nature held, for they each contained their own particular ability as powerful as your own, though unable to truly use it to their limits as they were but unorganic beings of scrap metal.

But the possessor, if human could use until the jewel to its full capacity and decrease their limitations the more they gathered; though once shattered or gotten rid of the power leaves as well.

Now such a secret has been passed throughout the generations of the white rabbit household and I tell you for the reason that such information pertains to why I originally called upon you."

Over these thousands of years these dolls have passed away from natural causes, may it be the rain seeping through their gears or short circuiting, the list goes on but no longer do any of them truly live as they should, instead now given the task of hiding the jewels within their chests. But recently the apparent number of these gems have been falling, and many if given the full picture can predict what is occurring. With solid evidence we can predict that someone of the 3rd Stein has begun sneaking into the castles corridors and retrieving the important wealth of my family no matter it's location and causing chaos throughout our land with their new powers."

I wished for you all in hopes that you may return what has been stolen back to your Queen, I both order and plead for your assistance. Further information will be given by my personal errand boy who if you choose to set out on this quest will be accompanying you as a guard and servant, informing you more about your target whom you most certainly have heard of. The Crimson Queen."

Your Characters

Your characters each have a specific ability. They can be two weaker ones, or one big one, or two weak-moderate ones tied together (such as healing and plants) but you must be able to justify the tie ( for example, fire and ice are not tie-able). NO OP. I will be very rough with the character sheets.

- NO DEMONIC/ANGELIC POWER

- YOUR CHARACTER CAN BE FROM ANY STEIN (BE CREATIVE!)

- NO COPYCATS (ACCIDENTAL OR ON PURPOSE, EACH POWER IS INDIVIDUAL. IF IT IS A MINOR OR TIED POWER, WE WILL USE JUDGMENT, BUT MAINS CANNOT BE THE SAME)

- WEAPONS ARE WELCOME. YOUR CHARACTERS WILL LIKELY CARRY SOME FORM OF WEAPON, DEPENDING ON THEIR CHARACTERIZATION.

- NOTHING CRAZY, OK?

-
It will be very likely that your characters will want to have kept their powers hidden, to avoid exploitation, kidnapping, murder by scared villagers, etc.

World

Wunderheim as a kingdom consists of Steins- or layers- of walls. These walls despite being very thin, are constructed of the most durable steel and casted with a large bundle of magic induced barriers. The center Stein holds the White Queen, along with a few guards/maids ect. It is currently the smallest and most guarded Stein, the inner Stein holds all the government officials/ select nobility. They live without much care for the scum of the outer Steins, with exceptions of those who partake in the black market deals. They are known to hold many lavish parties.

The outer Stein consists of two steins. The 2nd and 3rd. The 2nd is the larger of the two, where those who don't have the money or power to live in the inner Stein, but still hold the perquisite to live under the protection of the kingdoms guards. They make a working as bakers, florists, ect.

Those from the third Stein who seek an honest living are sometimes (rarely) able to sneak in and live the rest of their lives in content.

The third stein, also known as "The Heaven" is where many criminals are banished. The crime rate is the highest out of the Steins(because many from the inner Stein come here to indulge in what otherwise is deemed illegal.) It's famous for its diverse Black Market, featuring pets- such as unlicensed pegesi and dragons, as well as corrupted goods. The trafficking of persons are also common.

However, many of those who choose to be free from the law live quite fulfilling lives here.

The Third Stein is where the highest number of population lives.

White Queen

Ever since its creation, Wundeheim has been ruled by numbers of generations of White queens, pure and untouched by the world. Ever since birth, the White Queen is to be sheltered, protected, and taught only by those deemed legible. Because of how they are raised many come to believe the White Queen is oblivious but they are quite the opposite and Whunderheim's most recent young deity rules with a tender fist, un-touched by the corruption power tends to bring.

Crimson Queen

The anarchist leader, Crimson Queen, controls much of the third Stein. They've never been seen in public, however, a few of their most prized partners in crime have seen them in person. They control District 3 through alliances with organization leaders, though they are truly a demented bandit hidden behind a Robin Hood appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Amanda Cromwell]I would love to Join this looks so cool

[/QUOTE]
Yes, it always promises to be a very good RP, hopefully this time around, nothing bad will happen.

Cool~

I'll have to read the rest when I get on my computer, seeing as I'm on my itty bitty iPhone, but this seems really cool!

Ecvellent! You are welcome to ask me any questions if there are discrepancies: I know we made the culture quite... deep xD

What is this thing about the non-human? (Not planning on making a giant cow-man, but a tad confused nonetheless. (':3))

It is a good idea to have a few at hand in case of multiple people wanting one specific one :)

[QUOTE="The Doorman]What is this thing about the non-human? (Not planning on making a giant cow-man, but a tad confused nonetheless. (':3))

[/QUOTE]
Elvish or Dwarven, or possibly Fae (not sure on fae yet... fae are generally very, very powerful)

Last time around, we had a type or werewolf. Had to make adjustments, but he made it work.

Hm, if you have Fae, I would simply suggest a reason for them to be weakened by some aspect of the setting the story is set in.

A werewolf? I can see why adjustments were made~

Yes, I have seen many problems come from being OP, so I am very strict.

That is why if someone wishes to be fae they must speak to me.

Aye, sometimes being a little strict is what keeps the story alive.

It's a shame when a story dies by the hands of poor planning, and poor enforcement.

Yes, the last two times it died because the GM disappeared. Last time I was half-GM, and, well, the other half, who was the primary, well... he dropped RPN and I thought I could convince him to come back, but, well, by the time I tried to take the reigns entirely, it was over.

Mm, I see, once the main GM is gone, well, that's pretty much it.

Be the GM this roleplay deserves, because a good GM is what it needs right now.

I posted an unfinished character sheet with the ability and general idea of the character so hopefully my power is not overpowered, now I must go sleep but tomorrow I will finish the rest (Z_Z)Good night if we are in the same timezone. If not, good morning ( :) )

[QUOTE="Aristos Fortuna]I posted an unfinished character sheet with the ability and general idea of the character so hopefully my power is not overpowered, now I must go sleep but tomorrow I will finish the rest (Z_Z)Good night if we are in the same timezone. If not, good morning ( :) )

[/QUOTE]
I found it a unique power: I like it :)

Good night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back