• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Court Of Secrets [Reboot]

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
1583113883122.png

The royal castle of Arovia seems to be straight out of a storybook. Fragrant gardens, halls lined with portraits of former kings and queens, and a glittering ballroom that rarely goes two nights without hosting a lavish party. It is seen as an idyllic paradise on earth. Even the woods surrounding the palace seem to be warm and welcoming. However, beneath the surface of the court, there are dark secrets and lies.

1583115977402.png

For the past sixteen years, Queen Almina has been holding the title of Regent, since the death of her husband, shortly after the birth of their youngest child. While the start of her regency started out with a strong grasp on the kingdom, it has weakened significantly over the years, and she's now hanging on by a thread, as her eldest son nears his twenty-third birthday, far past the age of majority, she feels her power slipping through her fingers. Her position isn't helped by the fact that more and more people dislike having a foreign princess continue to rule.

The royal family, and the royals that surround them put on the same facade as the castle does. Beneath the fine silks and polite smiles are attempts at power, whether for the gain of the people, or the gain of themselves. People competing to gain the ear of those with more power. Even some of the servants are bold and conniving enough to get the attention of one of the princes or princesses, or even the Queen herself. But the power of the nobles and servants ca backfire in an instant. Even the royal family might not be safe among all the snakes in their midst.

So, I tried this a while ago and it fell through, mostly due to personal reasons. But, I'm eager to start it again as I've missed roleplaying so much. Please let me know if you're interested, and ask if you'd like a specific role. This will be a detailed RP, so I would like responses to be at least five paragraphs (obviously, there are times when shorter responses are going to happen, but please just try to keep them to a minimum.

The Queen, Almina: SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful
The Oldest Child (22, almost 23): I.EVie I.EVie
The Second Child (19-21): Kimby Kimby
The Elder Twin (17-18) sprouhtt sprouhtt
The Younger Twin (17-18): Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
The Youngest Child: SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Last edited:
ooh, interested. I was in a group with a setting similar to this a while back and miss doing this kind of plot. I would be interested in taking the second child. If not, one of the twins if someone else wanted to work some kind of dynamic out.

ooh, interested. I was in a group with a setting similar to this a while back and miss doing this kind of plot. I would be interested in taking the second child. If not, one of the twins if someone else wanted to work some kind of dynamic out.
I'll put you down for the second child, and if someone else wants to be your twin, I can change it.

Very interested! I am still wondering is this like a drama rp, where people are fighting for the crown?

Also, I would be interested in one of the Twins, it can be either younger twin or older twin.

Also (again), SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful does that younger and elder twin just mean who was born first right?

Very interested! I am still wondering is this like a drama rp, where people are fighting for the crown?

Also, I would be interested in one of the Twins, it can be either younger twin or older twin.

Also (again), SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful does that younger and elder twin just mean who was born first right?

It's similar to fighting for the crown, more like whoever can gain control and favoritism over the person who wears the crown has power. Though I certainly wouldn't be opposed to characters who want to plan a coup of sorts against the royal family.

And yes, an age difference of a few minutes or so.

I'd be up for one of the twins! Also, good to see ya, SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful !
Hey, there!

I'll reserve the spot for you.

It's similar to fighting for the crown, more like whoever can gain control and favoritism over the person who wears the crown has power. Though I certainly wouldn't be opposed to characters who want to plan a coup of sorts against the royal family.

And yes, an age difference of a few minutes or so.

Hey, there!

I'll reserve the spot for you.

Awesome, I would like the spot of one of the twins please. :)

Would there be PC other than those in the family? aka servants, commoners, other nobles, etc.

Not yet. I'll probably make it tomorrow and have it up by tomorrow evening.
Do you have something in mind for the appearance of Queen Almina? I'm looking for faceclaims now for my character and want to match it up to the Queen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back