• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Count of Oglasa (set in 1824)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Victorian Era (1820-1914)
Reign of Victoria I (1837-1901)
Fall of Napoleon 1814/5
Death of Napoleon 1821

RP starts in April 1824

Our story begins with the arrival of the newly created Count of Oglasa, Lord of Elba, and his sister. Elba was the last residence of Napoleon I, where he was kept from 1814-15 (300 days). Island of Elba was made a part of the Duchy of Tuscany in 1814. In this alternate timeline a stranger, the Count of Oglasa, purchases the island from Tuscany. He has no nationality; owes allegiance to no one. His accent sounds vaguely American and he does speak English, but poorly at times. He speaks Italian, again poorly. He doesn’t speak French at all. Well, he knows a few words. (He knows other languages, but these are all he has demonstrated a skill in.)

His strange linguistic limitations, lack of allegiances (neutrality), and wealth gained him the ability to buy the Island of Elba - with the signing of a Treaty recognized by the Congress of Vienna. (He had bought the Island of Oglasa in 1821.) The Treaty calls for political neutrality.

The Count and his sister are young - in their mid 20’s.

Elba
The Island of Elba is located off the shore of Italy between Tuscany and Corsica. The primary languages spoken there will be Italian (Etruscan) and French.

Your Character(s)
I am leaving this very open. You are welcome to create more than one. The Count’s sister is also available to open liaisons with. I would just ask for a decent CS for each one. Keep in mind that my character is a Count. He won’t be easily accessible to peasants without good reason.

One type of commoner that might have access would be a translator between French, Italian and English. However, odds are this would be a man in those days. On the other hand, such a linguist might have a daughter.

Any sort of aristocrat would work. The Victorian era was a culture driven by social status. Part of high society was all about who you rubbed elbows with at social gatherings.

Posting
3rd person past tense
Modest content. (I typically manage a page+. But like most I would rather see quality over quantity.)
I intend to use PM’s - one thread for OOC; one for IC.

Other Stuff
Apply via PM.
Please be 18+. Site rules apply.
My weekday schedule is rough. Tues-Thursday are long days. Monday and Friday vary. Often I get extra duties that make them long as well. Long days may leave me too tired to post. The only time I have weekend issues is on Mon/Fri observed holidays. Then I may do the work for those days on Saturday, while getting those days off.

Note: I have Steampunk tagged. This is something my character may introduce sparingly. The Count and his sister have an unusual background.

The atmosphere I am working with something along the lines of the Count of Monte Cristo. However, this is not a revenge story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back