• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (CLOSED) —INHERIT THE EARTH.

This is an awesome concept, I'm very interested in this RP. I especially enjoyed the details about how magerot is affecting the infrastructure... What a clever premise.

sdks sdks
Hello! We're excited to hear and see the ideas you have :) Feel free to use the ooc thread if you want to chat (link in previous page)

small bump while the cs is being prepared-

persephonelied persephonelied
you can find more info on post length and frequency in the rules section (second tab, rule 4 and rule prime) <3 the basics are 1-2 paragraph minimums, one-liners discouraged, but this is fluid depending on situation. Post frequency is two posts per week, but if situations arise we can accommodate as long as you notify us in advance.

you can find more info on post length and frequency in the rules section (second tab, rule 4 and rule prime) <3 the basics are 1-2 paragraph minimums, one-liners discouraged, but this is fluid depending on situation. Post frequency is two posts per week, but if situations arise we can accommodate as long as you notify us in advance.
Oh my god you have no idea how long it took me to realize that there are tabs in the OP, even after you replied with that.

- when a caster of an enchantment, spell, or other magical working is afflicted with magerot, the magical working ceases immediately. this does not apply to ongoing magical workings or magical artifacts made by those long dead or made by natural means.

Can you expand on this, specifically how it applies to a warlock's pact?

I was thinking they'd have lost their magic entirely, but this bit makes me unsure.

Last edited:
:'D sorry for the confusion with the code! I'm glad you found the tabs <3

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
this is just talking about enchantments, in which an item is imbued with magic. Basically, if you enchanted an object in the past, and you got magerot afterward, the enchanted objects stop being enchanted as well. Faust might correct me on this, but since the warlock's magic comes from their patron, then when the patron gets magerot, the warlock loses their magic too.

However, if the enchantment was naturally occurring, or made by a deceased person, then it doesn't apply.

yes what ray said is correct! and i would also like to add when a warlock gets magerot, their side of the magical pact they made is null (+ their ability to receive & use magic would have been impaired due to the magerot so the pact is moot in the 1st place) so therefore they can lose their magic that way as well.

the lore u are referring to just makes sure that the adventurers aren't traversing through pure rubble/ruins! long-standing structures (church in a town square, govt buildings) whose architects have long since died are still standing, though may have fallen into slight or heavy disrepair as current enchantments reinforcing or repairing any wear and tear cease completely.

So if a sword was enchanted to be on fire it would continue burning, but if a sword was enchanted to ignite on command would it still work? Or if an item let you cast X, would that still work?

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
That'll depend on who enchanted the sword. If the enchanter gets magerot, then the sword's enchantment (whatever it is) won't work.

also would like to add that no one would have these enchanted items this early in the adventure (just as a general warning) ! these items are rare and have been squirreled away, long been snatched up by the highest bidder, or hoarded by the Imperial Collective. (; though later on is quite a different story.

Damn, there goes my warlock having to use a very magical very fragile and now very useless Staff of Power as a quarterstaff.

bump for the afternoon

This looks super cool! Very creative premise. Def interested
Link in case you missed it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back