• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern { CLOSED } Euphoria-Inspired High School RP

mikaluvkitties

Professional Unicorn Lover

MIDDLE CLASS CHILDHOOD
IN AN AMERICAN SUBURB

"I feel like high school is super fucking suffocating."
INTRO
Unreliable narrators, a mixture of unreality and realism. Tough topics, compassionate storytelling. Beautiful visuals and a million layers of meaning beneath them. There's a lot of reasons to like Euphoria. So why not try to make an rp based on it?

RULES
1. This rp is 18+.

2. Don’t godmod, don’t use ooc information in ic posts, don’t ruin plots. If you want to have something happen with someone else, discuss it ooc before implementing it.

3. For post length, write what makes sense to you. Make sure to not only respond to what you’re being given, but give enough for whoever you’re writing with to respond right back. As this is a written response to a very visual media, I’d love to discuss how we could carry that crucial element on in prose.

4. You’re expected to handle sensitive topics with the sensitivity and compassion they deserve. I really do want us to explore with each other what we’re writing and do expect an amount of research. If you need help or suggestions, feel free to ask in the research category! A general tip I’ve found useful is looking for firsthand accounts from Reddit. If folks want, a general thread can be put together and pinned in one of the research channels for general tips and tricks for it.

5. Make sure to use content and trigger warnings and in-text spoilers when appropriate. Additionally, don’t be gratuitous with what you’re writing. If you’re not sure, feel free to message me and ask! We can brainstorm what always needs to be tagged and place it in this channel. New warnings are always welcome as well.

6. I would like to come to an accord of what an acceptable regular post frequency would be. A simple out of character message in the discord tagging me if you would be unable to meet it, either far ahead of time or the day it’s due, is enough to keep me happy. What I care about here is that we’re communicating and keeping an eye on making characters.

7. Every so often, there will be a role call. In this event, I will tag everyone in announcements with a link to the thread where the role call is being measured. I will expect a response with either a “here” or an emoji or literally anything within a week unless an absence has been discussed prior. If you do not respond, you will be considered to have dropped and kicked from the thread, your characters archived and current scenes dropped. I want to be clear: Your characters will not be killed and you are not banned. I will send you a message on RPNation with a link back to the server that you can click to join again at any time within the rp’s run time, your characters attached though you do not have to use them when you rejoin.

Finally, this is a living document. As new rules are necessary, they will be added. They will be open to discussion and your opinions are valued in what this ends up looking like.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Hello! Thank you so much for checking out the interest check.

Basically this is a Euphoria-inspired group rp! It's going to be character and relationship-heavy with (hopefully) tons of drama and a grittier look at high school life.

This rp uses a Discord for out of character which I'll link you in a pm once you express interest. Right now we're in the early stages though once we get a few more people, we'll set some more concrete deadlines!!
“But fuck it, she'd save it for the memoirs.”
coded by kaninchen

NO DONT DO THIS TO ME. IVE BEEN BINGE WATCHING EUPHORIA THE LAST WEEK CAUSE I WAS SICK
god dammit. i love angst way too much

I'm interested, but I've never seen Euphoria. We don't need to know anything about the show's plot, right?
You need to know absolutely nothing, yep! Though there's definitely discussion of the show and we even have a couple channels dedicated to it!!

So sad I found this after it's been closed! :et me know if you ever decide to open it again, I'd for sure be interested!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back