• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern (Closed) Dark Magic Girl (+other!) RP [Magik Hero U]

Juju

PREY-FOR-US
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗RP Overview˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗

aesthetic-star-guardian.gif

This rp is inspired by the dark magical girl genre, such as Star Guardians, Madoka, and MGRP. There may be some similarities to these stories, but in essence this RP is original and not a fandom rp. All characters will be original, so no importing pre-existing characters from any series, please! This RP has been going since early September 2022 and is made of a group of wonderful RPers! We have reached a part in the story where new Magik Heroes will be introduced! Your character will be one of them!

Type of RP:Casual + GM guided

Post expectation: 1-2 paragraphs minimum. Updates every 1-2 weeks.
OOC: held on Discord. Its free and easy to use if you don't have it!
How many characters per player?: 1 (not counting the familiars)

RULES
Absolutely no toxic behavior towards other players in the RP. Respect each other. Any issues with other players should be brought up with me.

Your characters will be put in dangerous situations where injury and death are very real outcomes. They can be heavily wounded, but the only way your character can die or worse is:
A) you leave the rp
B) you set it up with me as part of the story.
There are times when I will decide the outcome of a player's actions, such as an attack made against a strong opponent. There will be times when your characters will be unable to act, but these are rare, brief and obviously for significant parts of the story.

Links to stuff
Lore

Character Sheets
In Character

˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗About Magik Hero U˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗
Magik Hero U is a new app that is taking the world by storm. The game dropped out of nowhere, made by a developer nobody has heard of. The app allows users to create their magikal alter ego, with 100,000+ different customization options and counting. Using this character, users can live out their dream as a Magik Hero, defeating evil and saving the world. The game is praised for its endless array of randomly generated events and AI-powered NPC dialog that really make the game feel like a unique adventure.

What makes it even better is that it is completely free. No ads, not even a store for purchases. It has game reviewers scratching their heads, as to why and how a new developer could afford to create the complex game and sustain the millions of players playing on the online server every day. Rumor has it that it is a billionaire's passion project or a publicity stunt made by one of the world's top game developers. Others claim the game runs on stealing user information. Regardless, the game has already been nominated for several awards at the end of the year

˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗What is a Magik Hero˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗
A magik hero is a more inclusive and visually diverse take on a traditional Magic Girl. Each teen will gain the ability to transform into their Alter EGO, a physically enhanced persona each with a unique magical power. They may look similar to their 'human' form or completely outlandish with animal ears, or even a totally different gender than their human counterpart. They will be blurred in pictures taken of them, and even their loved ones wont be able to recognize them.

Magik heroes are capable of manifesting a familiar (sometimes two) which act as companions, their link to the realm of Light, and most importantly transform into weapons capable of killing the creatures of darkness, Monsters. Familiars are manifested from their hero's greatest virtues, and are powered by these bright emotions. When out of combat they appear as small creatures, usually animalistic in some way.

Magik Heros are only able to use their magic when transformed, and any non fatal injuries will be slowly healed over time when they return to their normal human form. A fatal injury when transformed will force the Hero to return to human and be unconscious. This can be deadly, as they are helpless to defend themselves against any other attacks that may come immediately after the 'fatal' hit.
4578c9caf35ef9590f8d3330a61f24acfe3f2d7d.gifv

˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗Premise of the Story + Recap˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗

"Have you tried the new game?"
"It's like your very own reality…"
"Completely free? Not even microtransactions? That's impossible!"
"I read that it's a billionaire's passion project."

Chances are you've heard something similar in the buzzing hallways of Northside High. Enter the newest craze among the youth and online gaming community; Magik Hero U. On the surface, it would seem like just another cross-platform RPG game, but in reality it is far from it. A seemingly boundless uniquely generated map, stylish graphics, event-driven storyline, and practically unlimited character customization. Most importantly, it is completely free. There isn't even a payment option built into the game.

The only cost there seems to be is time and dedication, both of which have been given in ample supply. Millions of players have joined the game worldwide… and you are one of them. Whether you be casual or fanatical (perhaps even financial), you received a game alert that would forever change the course of your life:

Congratulations! You've been chosen to become a Magik Hero! Accept?

*touch the screen* (prompt for new players)

You could feel it the moment you clicked or tapped the screen, like droplets of water falling down every inch of your skin. The mind couldn't sense anything different, but the body did.

It was the evening, just before bedtime, and a good thing too. For after the message faded and the chiptune jingle ended, an explosion of light burst from your device. Something jumped up from this light, which was certainly impossible considering the thing was about the size of a cat. You could see white and purple fur, soft like a plush doll, and two long ears.

A creature now took up the space between you and your device, sitting poised like a sphinx statue. There was a star-like marking on its head, though it seemed more like a window into a pocket of brilliant cosmos. Its rabbit-like ears twitched and two large eyes, swirling with stars, gazed up expectantly at you.

As if that was not bizarre enough, the creature spoke, "Hello, and congratulations on becoming the newest Magik Hero! My name is Moki, your new guide on all things Magickal! You should have many questions, but Moki must be brief! Tomorrow you can ask all the questions you like, but in the meantime Moki will update your MHU app with all additional info.”

[your character is able to know all the info listed in the Lore section of the RP!]​

“For now, Moki is here to test your E.G.O.! Please excuse Moki for a moment, this can feel strange to humans!"

Moki's eyes glowed, casting a bluish-purple light across the room, like a cheap planetarium projector. You could feel a gripping sensation in your chest, spreading outwards like a jolt of electricity. It held you in place as a circle of ornate symbols appeared below you, cloaking your body in blinding light. When it was finished you no longer felt a strange sensation. You also no longer looked like yourself. This was most prominent in a change of height, body shape, and outfit.

"How do you like it, hero? Familiar? It should be! It's just like how you imagined yourself as a Magik Hero in the game! You can now transform into this when needed. In your world, this form is called your Alter E.G.O., or EGO for short -- think of it as a transformation into your soul's energy. Unlike your human body, you are physically superior and capable of harnessing your own magik. Go on, give it a try! Moki will watch you."

Somehow, you instinctively sense something powerful sleeping inside you and call it forth to manifest… a small and pathetic example of your magik power. Even talking to fish seems more useful.

"Do not worry, Magik powers must set in before growing to their full potential! It is dangerous to absorb it all at once, you see. Wait a full day, Moki will show you. Tomorrow afternoon, meet in front of Gentle Breeze Retirement Home for your first day of training! Do not worry about transportation. Moki shall take care of it! Just click the message on your mobile device and Moki will do the rest!"

Moki walked towards you, tail swishing from side to side. They gave a small purr of delight and waved a paw lightly. “Oh and of course, you will need your familiar! It’s the most important part of being a Magik Hero, afterall!”

Before you could even react, a terrible ripping sensation spread throughout your chest. It felt like something had dug its fingers into your heart and was pulling it out. Yet instead of blood and beating muscle, a beautiful bubble of light emerged from your chest. The pain vanished instantly and very soon the bubble began to change shape, eventually becoming a cute and fantastical creature. Perhaps even a set.

“Please welcome your very own familiar, the manifestations of your Virtue! They will become your closest companions and act as your weapons against the forces of evil. The only weapon that will work, in fact. Though your magic is strong, only virtue can truly destroy darkness. Take care of them, and they will take care of you! Please give them a name and grow acquainted with one another. The bond between Hero and Familiar is the most important strength of a hero."

“For now please get some rest. Moki has some further preparations and will talk to you tomorrow. Farewell, Hero!."
with that said, the creature promptly dove back into the screen and disappeared, leaving you with fantastic powers, questions, and a new companion.

Correction on my part: DEFINITELY interested, but I’m not sure which of my characters would be the best to adapt for this.

Last edited:
I'm super interested in this as well! Never done the magical girl genre before, but maybe I can all that time spent reading the star guardian stories to use finally XD

Correction on my part: DEFINITELY interested, but I’m not sure which of my characters would be the best to adapt for this.

I'm super interested in this as well! Never done the magical girl genre before, but maybe I can all that time spent reading the star guardian stories to use finally XD

i think i can add something to this, count me in!
Welcome! I'll send you the discord links shortly!

This sounds interesting! Though I noticed the IC is still active, so how will new characters be introduced?

super interested !! unsure of tha logistics / how getting accepted works , i see a character sheets thread but i also see people being added to discord . is this full ? id be down to start working on a CS if theres still room !! :3 💖🌈🍀

This sounds interesting! Though I noticed the IC is still active, so how will new characters be introduced?
As mentioned in the overview and the prompt, we have reached a point in the story where new characters can be introduced! Moki has recruited a few new heroes after the most recent events!
Seems interesting.

super interested !! unsure of tha logistics / how getting accepted works , i see a character sheets thread but i also see people being added to discord . is this full ? id be down to start working on a CS if theres still room !! :3 💖🌈🍀
Welcome I'll send you all links!

[UPDATE] as of the newest posts here, the thread is now closed! Anyone who has expressed interest via post is included!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back