• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 🌙 ‧₊˚✧ 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐃𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐄 ;; 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡. 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝.

summermoon

( 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳. )
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
1602159063501.gif

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Intro ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

As of 3/12/23, this thread is closed.

Hello!! Welcome to my search thread! I'm Moon, she/her, 21 years old. I love watching anime, reading, and writing (ofc). I've been roleplaying since 2012!!

I've been on a roleplaying hiatus since 2021. Lately, I've been picking up old hobbies— and RPing has been one of them ^ _ ^ I'm incredibly excited to dip my feet into the RP world again!

Right now, I'm looking to write plots centered around fantasy and the supernatural! I love romance, but it isn't required— I've honestly gotten a lot more fond of platonic relationships in the past two years. Tone-wise, I enjoy dramatic and angsty plots. I'm not looking to write a purely fluffy slice-of-life story, although I'd love to include some moments like that in the RP. I'd also prefer to write college-aged characters. I love writing teenagers, but I can't fully relate to them anymore ^^;; If I do write a teen, they'd have to be at least 18.

That's the basics! If that strikes your fancy, here's more about me and what I'm looking for in a partner :]

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ OOC ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

About Me

• I'll only RP with people who are 18+.
  • Right now, I can guarantee replies two times a week, with once a week being my minimum. This may increase as I get used to roleplaying again. Similarly, I think my average reply length will be around 600 words.
    • I tend to match my partner's length as the roleplay goes on. I've included a writing sample further down. I have no person or tense preference. All I ask is that we write in the same person and tense for continuity ^^
  • It doesn't take me as long to reply to OOC plotting or chit-chat, though! I love making new friends c:
  • I roleplay on RPN on either PMs or forum threads.
  • I like to be flexible with plot development. I'll discuss some worldbuilding for the beginning, but after that, I'll let the RP develop organically.
    • On that note: I like RP surprises as long as they don't violate any of my squicks C:
  • I refuse to RP any of the following: heavy gore, rape, pedophilia, incest, smut, and abuse (sexual, physical, and emotional). I'm fine with mentioning any of that as part of a character's backstory, but I won't RP them in detail.
  • Characters of any gender, sexuality, ethnicity, and religion will be welcome and loved ^ _ ^
  • I prefer to play males, though I will also play females and nonbinary characters ^^
  • For romance, I will do any pairing! This includes MxM, MxF, FxF, MxNB, FxNB, and NBxNB ^^
  • For faceclaims, I typically match the style that my partner uses. I use both animanga and realistic faceclaims.
  • I'm ditch friendly! If you'd like to drop our roleplay, just send me a PM and we can drop it, no questions asked. If later on, you realize that you want to continue our RP, feel free to shoot me a message ^^ I don't hold grudges about that sort of thing, honestly.
  • I'm ghost friendly as well. Interests change and life sometimes gets in the way, which I completely understand. [/font]

What I Would Like in a Partner
  • One-liners are a hard no for me. I have nothing against people who write one-liners; I just find that I lose motivation quickly if I write a lot for an RP only to receive very little in return.
    • With that being said—I understand that there are times in an RP where inspiration runs dry and we can't write as much as we normally do. That's perfectly fine with me! ^^
    • As for a minimum reply length— three paragraphs would be good to start out with.
  • Please reply at least two times a week.
    • However, I do want this to be a fun, relaxing experience, not something that we both stress over. If something happens and you need to take a hiatus for a few weeks—or even a few months—please feel free to let me know! Real life always comes before RP.
  • Contribute to plotting. I love suggesting ideas for character relations and world-building, but I want to hear my partner's ideas, too! So don't be afraid of bringing any ideas you might have to the table. ^^
  • Be open to bringing in multiple characters :] I like to worldbuild and explore character relations, which may at times involve bringing in side characters. It can make the RP so much more interesting! :0
  • OOC chatter isn't required, but it is appreciated! I love to make playlists, arrange moodboards, write small drabbles, and create all sorts of art for my RPs. I also like to gush about the characters C: At the very least, please be courteous and kind ^^
Thank you for reading through all of this! If you're still interested and believe that we can be compatible partners, scroll down to see the RP ideas I have in mind.

original.gif

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Roleplaying ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Writing Samples

(An example starter I wrote on 2/13/23. ~800 words.)

The glade where his brother disappeared was painfully beautiful.

Hitori knew he had no right to be so dazed. Curling into himself now, in the middle of the mountain, would only make it harder to keep his promise to Hibiki – to set everything right. Indulging himself would make him utterly, utterly… selfish. Not even the gods could curse the endless march of life. Summer after summer, cedars always grew on the mountainside, and cicadas always dug out of the ground to sing on them. Even his brother would snort at his hesitance.

“It’d be good if the world kept turning,” he’d muse, reaching up to snap off a cedar needle. “There’re five billion others like me on this planet, you know.”

So Hitori dug his toes into the grass, and straightened his shoulders, and shook himself awake. And for Hibiki, he breathed in the bittersweet smell of one of the last twilights of summer.

The forest air was still moist with the last hour’s rain. Loamy soil, too, which was good for growing. For rot. In this sweat-slicking humidity, it was hard to imagine that anyone would want to do anything else. Holding his head high, he walked slowly over the mossy, fern-covered ground where – it -- had all happened.

Really… it wasn’t awful, being there. And he wasn’t blind to beauty. He forced his shoulders to… relax. Wisps of orange sun melted through the cedars and the pines, weaving their fingers through the dusk that was settling on the underbrush. Evening cicadas cried high above his head… In school, he had once read an article by a scientist who claimed human life was the most valuable in the world. That person must have never stopped to watch a dove glide silently through the evening sky.

Pure arrogance. Hitori blew out a breath. How strange… the things some people wanted to believe. He brushed back his fringe, then planted himself in the center of the clearing. His fingers slid to his cotton shorts, slipped over the edge of his pocket – and he withdrew his hand just before he touched the place where his omamori had been. This time, he really did snort. Yes… that scientist must have never stood in the mountains during the opening of the boundary hour. If he did, he would have surely known that humans were not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the beautiful beings that comprised the world of spirits.

For once, he was glad Minako rifled through his belongings – she must have dropped the amulet when she was trying on his shorts. He was also glad, then, that the deity protected him. Months had passed since he’d sensed any of them – no shadows in his peripheral, no laughter in the breeze. He would be lying if he said he didn’t enjoy the sleep. As the clearing grew darker and darker, and as the wind blew stronger and stronger… he shuddered. Seeking out spirits was foolhardy at best. If that was true… then praying for evil spirits was death itself.

There was a chance that he could die.

After two years of planning, he thought that he’d come to peace with that. In the moment, he started shaking. His cotton shirt felt so, so flimsy in the shade of the great cedar trees. And his chest – he sucked in a breath. Right. Now. Before he lost his nerve. Before he lost Hibiki again.

He snaked his hand into his other pocket. The bells jingled in the wind that swept through, the wind that made him think of his cat at home– he rang the bells, dropped them into his pocket. He bowed two times, clapped two times, and then bowed again as he and Hibiki had always done at the shrine. And he parted his lips to speak – to them.

“…My name is Fujioka Hitori. I live in the village… at the base of the mountain.”

The wind was picking up, harsher this time. It blew his fringe across his face, but he kept his hands together. The dark was blacker than a hole.

“And I humbly pray – for your assistance – in finding my brother, Fujioka Hibiki, in whatever state he may be. I—” His eyes stung. He shut them.

“Please. We would like him to come home.”

Basics

• Angst and drama are what I live for. Give me the pain and suffering, the blood, sweat, and tears—it'll make the good things so much more sweeter. In short: I'm comfortable with dark themes.
  • That being said—I love fluffy slice-of-life, too, just not on its own. Generally, I need juicy drama to add some ~spice~.
  • In general, I prefer for my RPs to take place in the 1800s onwards. I've tended to set them in the United States and in Japan, but I'm open to other settings, too!
  • Age-wise, I prefer for my primary characters to be teenagers or young adults simply because that's my age range. I can and will write younger or older characters as side characters, though!
  • Favorite genres and tropes: romance, low fantasy, magic/supernatural, school, royalty.
  • Least favorite genres and tropes: apocalypse/dystopian, high fantasy, action (I do like to write the occasional fight scene, but I don't want them to be a large part of the RP).
  • I prefer slow burn when it comes to romance.
  • I love to write characters with all sorts of personalities and backgrounds. However, the one thing all of them have in common is that they have some sort of baggage. I like them to work through their problems slowly throughout the course of the RP. They won't completely change overnight because of one scene with their love interest. These character are human, and they need time to grow.
The roles I'd prefer are in bold. Anything striked out is currently closed.

If you don't see anything that interests you, feel free to suggest something! I'd be happy to hear you out.

Any of the pairings, dynamics, prompts, word bank words, song lyrics, plots, and characters can be combined with each other.

✧ Pairings

• Demon slayer x Demon
    • Think along the lines of Mononoke or Demon Slayer!
  • Immortal x Human
    • Maybe the human is one of the immortal's reincarnated lovers? :0
  • Immortal x Immortal
  • Deity x Human
    • One of my favorite pairings!!!
    • Maybe the human is a devotee of the deity...? :00
  • Kitsune x Human
    • This is another one of my favorite pairings ;w;;
  • Ghost x Human
  • Demon x Human
  • Any type of supernatural being x Human, really
  • Popular x Unpopular
  • Witch x Familiar
  • Bodyguard x Protectee
  • Country kid x City slicker
  • Class president x Delinquent
  • Tsundere x Himedere
Dynamics
  • Calm and collected x Energetic and clumsy
  • Chaotic mess x Worrywart
  • Quiet x Talks too much
  • Naive x Jaded
  • Hothead x Calm and collected
  • Artist x STEM person
  • Flirtatious x Easily flustered
  • Eccentric x Straight-laced
  • Two characters who have the same exact personality
  • Outcast x Outcast <3
  • Rivals
  • Exes
    • Alternatively: exes who still love each other but are afraid of getting back together
  • Childhood friends
    • Especially if they were childhood friends but drifted apart after some time
  • Friends to enemies to lovers
  • Neighbors
  • Coworkers
    • A variation of this (that can also be applied to any other pairings!): Experienced x Inexperienced (what the experience is in is up to discussion :0
  • Character's families hate each other, but they're in love... <3 (alternatively: the characters' families love each other, but the characters hate each other)
Prompts

Feel free to go as wild as possible with your interpretations!
  • "Nanami is a poor homeless high school girl until she accepts an offer to live at an old shrine - making her the new local god!"
    • Based off of the anime Kamisama Kiss c:
    • I finished watching this anime a few weeks ago, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since!! If you haven't watched it (which I highly suggest you do :00), the general premise is that Nanami tries to adjust to her new role as the local land god with the help of Tomoe, her kitsune familiar. Over time, they fall in love with each other, but they're unable to be together because love between humans and yokai is forbidden. I would love to play around with that same concept!!
    • Of course, we don't have to strictly follow the show! We can change up a lot. The only aspect I'd like to keep the same is the god x familiar dynamic :>
  • After being held up at work/school, you catch a train ride home far later than usual. Halfway through the journey, you realize that the train hasn't made any of its usual stops. You're the only person on the train. You start to worry. Another hour passes, and the train suddenly grinds to a halt at an unfamiliar station. Thirty minutes pass. It still doesn't move. You decide to go into the station to see if you can find another train. But when you get out... the station is completely empty. The clocks have stopped moving, and the railroad maps are covered in scribbles that hide any identifying information. Freaked out, you head back to the train— when you feel a cool breeze brush your cheek. You turn. There's a figure standing at the opposite end of the station, and they're grinning at you.
    • Based on the story Kisaragi Station
  • You're a downtrodden person, one who has been suffering for some time. One day, you encounter a demon. The demon claims that they can help you— that after you receive their aid, you shall never suffer again. The catch? The demon wants your hand in marriage.
  • During a test of courage, you and your friend sneak into the abandoned building your parents told you to never go into. In the heart of the building, your friend finds a boarded up room. They break the boards, then tell you to wait outside while they investigate. Thirty minutes pass. They still haven't come out.
  • They say that if you fold one thousand origami cranes, your greatest wish will come true. You spend a year folding cranes in the hospital. The morning after you've made your one thousandth crane, you wake up and find a boy sleeping next to you. This boy claims to be the Crane Prince, and he says that he will grant your wish.
  • My parents dragged me out of the city to spend the summer in our vacation house in the countryside. I had unfinished business in the city—but then I met you, the cute exchange student who's staying with us. And suddenly, I forgot all about everything else...
  • You open your door and find your friend standing on the porch. Your friend died two years ago.
    • Alternatively: You buried your friend two years ago.
  • You're a wanderer who only comes to my town once a year. This year, you tell me that this may be the last time we'll ever see each other.
    • Inspired by Snufkin and Moomintroll from the Moomins :'^)c
    • I'm imagining a low fantasy setting for this prompt!
  • Upon waking up from a coma, an amnesiac finds someone sobbing by their bedside. That person claims to be their lover. But if that's true, why does the amnesiac have no photos or texts from them on their phone?
  • We became friends online. You want to meet me, and I want to meet you too, but I'm scared because I'm a totally different person in real life.
  • You're my best friend. You forget that I exist.
  • You showed up on my doorstep and told me that we need to run.
  • The Castle on a Cloud comes to town.
    • Vaguely inspired by Howl's Moving Castle!
    • Could go with a low-fantasy setting for this one.
  • You love me in private. You entwine your fingers with mine, press kisses to my neck, call me your loveliest of lovelies with a voice as sweet as honey. So why won't you look me in the eyes in public?
  • The moon is weeping blood. The people expect you to do something about it. And normally, you would— if your best friend wasn’t behind all of it.
    • I could see both a low-fantasy or a modern day setting for this!
  • The person in your bed is not the person you love.
  • Five years later, they're back.
  • In middle school, you told your friend that you would sell your soul to them for a cheese stick. They accept the offer. You get the cheese stick. At the end of the school year, they move away, and you never see them again. Cut to your high school graduation. You're walking down to receive your diploma when you black out. When you wake up, you're sitting in a blindingly white room, and your middle school friend is there with you. They hold out their hand. They say they've come to collect your soul.
  • The demon is screaming again. You tell it to shut the fuck up.
  • There's no way you're stuck with this idiot.
  • Death falls in love with a human.
  • As you're walking down the street, a man bumps into you. He grabs you by the shoulders and tells you to wake up. When you blink, you find yourself in a completely different place.
  • The person you see in your dreams passes you on the street.
Word Bank

Cafes. Slowburn. Small towns. Big cities! The one that got away. Nostalgia. Dreams. Healing. Quests. Hidden relationships. Opposites attract. Pining. Summer romance. Acceptance. Quiet. An almost. Stargazing. Flowers. Reluctant love. Amnesia. Coping. Sparks fly. Running away. Libraries. Late nights. Seaside. New beginnings. Penpals. Bookstores. Lovesick. Complication. Secret identity. Return. Friend for hire. High school. Gobbledygook! Ordinary magic. The tortoise and the hare. Revenge. Enemies.

Song Lyrics

"It repeats again / A flashback, the buzzing cicadas... / And you, who will never come back. / Our matching keychains / are being torn apart for all eternity. / The girl with her pale white skin / that the summer got rid of / I find myself wanting to be possessed by her so much it brings me to tears." - Shoujorei by MikitoP

"Festival abating now I'm waiting for reality / Yes, in the end, every night is the same old thing / Breaking through it all, you were bright, standing tall / How could I only see this now? / Couldn't do a thing but stare without a sound." - Ikanaide by Sohta, English translation and cover by JubyPhonic

Plots

aesthetic-anime-coffee-azzh1rhqrxhglwgl.gif

Supernatural Café [Supernatural x Human / Any setting / Low Fantasy ] - Muse A's family runs a café for supernatural beings. Spelled to be invisible to humans, the café provides a safe haven for all creatures, from ghosts to goblins to gashadokuro, to enjoy a warm cup of coffee away from the troublesome human world. Muse A has always loved spending time in the café with their fellow creatures. But their idyllic days of eating pastries and serving drinks suddenly end when the owners die in a mysterious accident. A few weeks after the funeral, Muse A, the new owner of the café, has just barely returned to normal life—until one rainy summer night. Five minutes before closing time, the doorbell chimes. Muse A looks up—and screams.

There's a human standing in the doorway!

Muse B is lost, literally and figuratively. After an incident left them desperate to escape their hometown, they decide to relocate to completely reinvent themselves. They step into the city with no money, no connections, and no doubt that everything will be okay—only to get lost as they're looking for their new apartment. Storm clouds are brewing overhead, and if they don't find cover soon, they're screwed. Cursing, Muse B stumbles into the first open building they see—and screams.

There's a monster standing behind the counter!!

Muse A is confounded. No human should be able to enter the café—unless there are more supernatural forces at play. To keep an eye on this potential threat, Muse A offers a job to Muse B, which Muse B accepts. Muse B has no choice. They're terrified, but they need the money. And now that they know that mythical creatures really do exist, they're determined to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

As the two work together to run the café and uncover the secret behind Muse B's ability, they form an unlikely bond. But their friendship is tested when mysterious forces target the building. Objects vanish without a trace, and several customers leave injured. Muse A suspects it has something to do with Muse B; Muse B suspects it has something to do with Muse A. Tensions flare as the two cast doubt on the other's origins and intentions. Will Muse A and Muse B get to the bottom of these mysteries? Or are their worlds too different to ever reconcile?

———

This plot is inspired by the anime Natsume's Book of Friends. If you're interested in Japanese folktales and the supernatural, I would highly suggest checking it out!

I left this plot deliberately vague. I'm open to all sorts of twists and supernatural creatures from any culture, so feel free to be as imaginative as you'd like!

I could see this plot working really well with an enemies-to-lovers sort of dynamic, but it's not required c:

I'd like this plot to have a good mix of fluffy slice-of-life and high stakes drama. I'd like to try doubling with this plot, too!

original.gif

The Hottest Summer in the World [Mermaid or Kitsune x Human / Japan / Low Fantasy] -

• Alternate setting detailed below!
Muse A is a fisherman's child. They've been fishing and swimming since birth, and they know the water better than they know themselves. One summer day, they take a small boat out to sea to fish by themselves -- and get the shock of their life while pulling in the nets. Not only have they caught fish, they've caught something else they never thought they would catch - a person!

Muse B is a mermaid, one of many that inhabit the waters of that small coastal town. Only, there's one small problem: when Muse A caught them, they lost their tail and became human. Muse B is freaked out, but they're also injured and bleeding. Out of pure necessity, they agree to go back to Muse A's house to be bandaged up. When Muse B escapes back to the ocean, they discover something horrifying: they can't return to mermaid form. Muse B is forced to room with Muse A until they find a way to transform back while simultaneously hiding their secret and adopting to human life. Muse A is more than willing to help. There's one catch: Muse A's family doesn't like Muse B. And Muse A doesn't know why.

That's not the only odd thing happening in town. New people are coming in from seemingly out of nowhere, and supernatural things are happening all over the place! It can't be random. In fact, Muse A is pretty sure it has something to do with Muse B's appearance.

___

This plot is based off of the song Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu by Princess Princess.

Any romance here is gonna be really, really slow burn. There's going to be a lot of Japanese folklore involved, so doubling might happen sooner or later. There's honestly no end to what we can do with this plot. Want to make a swarm of supernatural creatures come because technology is slowly killing them? Sure! Want to have Muse A's seafood market threatened by a big name one up the street? Fine by me! Interested in bringing in Muse B's mermaid relatives to frick things up? Hell yeah! Heck, we can even make Muse A half mermaid if we want, it's all okay with me. I was thinking Muse A's family has had some tie to the supernatural in the past - maybe they hunted them or something?

I'm flexible with Muse B, too. The only things I ask stay constant with Muse B are:

1. Their age - keep it around Muse A's age, please.
  2. Their mermaidness
That's it! :^D

Alternate setting: The plot is the exact same as the first, only the setting is different. Instead of being fishermen, Muse A's family are the caretakers of their town's Inari shrine and instead of being a mermaid, Muse B is a kitsune.

Characters

These are characters that I created and thought "hey, you're pretty cool!" I love them all—and what I'd love even more is the chance to write them with you! :^D

Each character has a bio. I've written a drabble for each one so you can get a feel for their voice. After that, there are blurbs about their backstory and personality, as well as pairings and genres that they're best-suited for. I can give more information about the characters if needed. As with the pairings/prompts/etc., characters whose names are striked out are closed.

If you like the pairings but not the character, don't be discouraged. If I've listed that pairing under the pairing section, I'd be willing to create a new character for it. If not, then it is something I would like to write only if I can use that specific character.

If you like the character but not the pairings, feel free to suggest any others that fit the character's criteria! I'm open to talking about anything, really ^^

Feel free to use your own pre-made characters as well if you'd like!

Note (2/19/23): Hitori's bio is a maaajor work in progress. He's an old OC who's getting a fresh revamp, so please bear with me as I sort him out!
I will also say that Hitori was expressly made for a previous iteration of The Hottest Summer in the World, so I'd be totally down to bring him back again for that plot! :0

001. Kuroda Hachirou | Hachirou Kuroda
Kuroda Hachirou / Hachirou Kuroda | Young adult | He/Him
Faceclaim: Ken Shibasaki from Confession Executive Committee

“When looking back on your choices, do you feel as if you made the right ones in life?”

Immediately, Hachirou smiled. There were just enough teeth to make it look one hundred percent real. Which it was, seriously! He leaned back on the couch — that was a good, relaxed pose, right? — and sipped some water before answering. “Mm, yeah! I think I’ve definitely made the right choices… Practicing the shamisen was good. Uploading my music was good. Finally finishing up floating world was the best… I’m grateful, really, for everything, because now I’ve met all my fans! And now my music can make them happy. Seriously."

After he finished, he... hesitated. That was what he felt like for the most part. But when he thought about his gap year, or his decision to tour constantly… he smiled again, quick. He was… speaking to a friend, right? It was probably alright to say what was on his mind... for a little bit. “But, I mean… I guess I didn’t think of it as right or wrong at the time, you know? I just lived. And… I think the same thing sometimes. You can’t really… look at your past self and say, you were right or you were wrong. They were just living.” Hachirou laughed. That was okay, right? His eyes locked onto the other person's face. As long as they thought it was okay, it would be okay. “My life now is great! I love it.”

Personality: Hachirou is an easygoing, friendly guy who tries to live life to the fullest. Though he's a little shy around new people, he refuses to let it stop him from doing what he loves most: connecting with others. Talking is his favorite hobby, second only to music. However, he's not obnoxiously energetic. He's just naturally mellow and gentle, preferring to move through life at a slow, calm pace. Hachirou is thoughtful in that regard. He thinks thoroughly about every decision before he makes it. His thoughtfulness shines through most in the way that he treats others. He'll do anything he can to make others happy, even if it comes at his own expense. Part of it is because he wants to be a good person, and part of it is because he wants people to like him. This leads him to be a bit of a pushover at times, albeit a well-meaning one. At his core, Hachirou is an emotional person who cares deeply for the people around him. He rarely lets himself get overwhelmed with emotion. When his emotions do take over, they're a tidal wave that he can't hold back.
Etc. -
  • Hachirou speaks in a casual register.
Bio: Only his closest friends and family know the real Kuroda Hachirou. The rest of the world only knows Hachi— the always-smiling idol who rose to the top of Japan's pop music charts overnight. As a child, Hachirou's parents enrolled him in instrument and singing lessons, where his love for music gave him the dedication to become a top student. It was only when he was making music that he could shed his shyness and express himself without fear. He continued to compose throughout his teen years, though he never seriously considered pursuing it as a career. His family couldn't afford for him to pursue such an instable dream. Besides, trying to break into the music industry was a total crapshoot.

At least, that's what Hachirou thought until the spring of his third year. After making abysmally low marks in his university entrance exams, he had resigned himself to taking a gap year to study to retake the exams the following year. After that... well, the drudgery of university would be the end of his youthful happiness. It was then that he finally decided to bite the bullet and release the project he had been working on for a year— floating world, an album he uploaded online under the stage name Hachi.

floating world was an overnight success. Before he knew it, Hachirou's greatest dreams were coming true. Music agencies called him day and night to ask if he would consider working with them. Hachirou was overwhelmed— yes, he liked entertaining others... but did he like it enough to become a full-time idol? He didn't know. But there were so many people who loved him — and his friends were happy for him — and his parents were so overjoyed that their directionless son finally had a path in front of them — that he didn't see any other way forward. Besides... he thought it would be fun, maybe. On the first day of summer, Kuroda Hachirou walked into STAR Records as a shy high-schooler failure who had no future in front of him. At the end of the day, he exited as the new darling of the pop music scene— STAR Records's always-smiling idol, Hachi.

Shipping preferences: Any gender. All Hachirou cares about is if the person has a good heart < 3
Genres: Hachirou is best-suited to modern day stories. He'd also thrive in plots that focus more on fluffy, light-hearted elements, like romcoms, slice-of-life, or coming-of-age.

Pairings: Hachirou's so tender-hearted that I like writing him in either super fluffy ships or super bittersweet ones. He falls in love with just about everyone who smiles at him, so there'll be a lot of pining on his end. His relationships might progress quickly— but it'll take way longer for them to become healthy because of how complaisant he is. He often neglects his own needs to take care of his partner's.

I'd love to write him in childhood friends, friends to lovers/friends to enemies to lovers (he'd hurt sooo much with this one, and I'd love it), Idol x Fan, Idol x Idol, Idol x Bodyguard... but I'm not limited to just those pairings. In general, I like putting Hachirou in forbidden love type scenarios, or scenarios where he has to repress his true personality/hide the relationship to keep his fame. He's a people-pleaser to the core, so I'd like to see him struggle to balance staying true to himself while appeasing the people who depend on him. Also... to be honest, I'm curious about what would happen if he was in a toxic relationship, so that's on the table, too.

Limits: No fantasy settings or anything pre-1900.

002. Fujioka Hitori | Hitori Fujioka
Fujioka Hitori / Hitori Fujioka | Young adult | He/him
Faceclaim: Haku from Spirited Away

"How well do you sleep?"

Sleep? Hitori huffed out a laugh. It was easier for him to think about all the times he couldn't sleep then all the times he could. And when he tried, he furrowed his brow. It was so cruel to make him choose which memory he loved best— especially when it had to be a memory without them... After a long pause, he decided to open his mouth and deal with whatever came out of it. "Not very well," he said simply. "Every night, there's something new to look at. I look out the window, and there's the light of the moon. I turn on my side, and the shadows are dancing on the walls. Even the ceiling forms a new crack now and again. It's hard to sleep like that. When I try, I think about how it feels to have drooping eyelids, and how my eyes always close when I don't want them to. Strange." It did feel very, very strange. "It's pleasant to know that you're close to sleep, but frustrating because your brain wants something else," he mused. "You can't help but wonder if that will be the last time you blink or not."

There was a strange, strange expression on his friend's face. A frown. Another human scared of death— of course. It made sense, but Hitori still brushed his fringe back to hide his disappointment. It would happen to everyone sooner or later. The only thing that changed was the timing. "If you're living your life to the fullest, it won't be something you're scared of," he said. And that was all he would say— at least, that was all he would say to them. Standing up, he glanced over his shoulder at the road leading far into the mountains. "It'll be night soon. Do you want to walk home together? Your house is on the way to mine." That, at least, was true. What he didn't mention was that the shrine was in between— and after he dropped them off, he would stop by the shrine where he could finally, finally breathe.

Personality: Hitori is a calm and free-spirited young man with a sensitive heart. Growing up in the mountains encouraged his innate curiosity about the natural world, so he's always searching for things to study. Everything in the world is beautiful to him. Alongside beauty, his years of exploration and ability to communicate with spirits showed him that he can survive anything that comes his way, so he approaches life with a relaxed, even-tempered attitude. He isn't phased much by anything. As such, he's unabashedly himself no matter what. He'll share whatever opinions he has, and he'll do whatever he wants to do when he wants to do it. Ultimately, he's happiest when he's independent. Hitori doesn't form attachments easily, and he's reserved when he's talking to others, though he's still friendly in a moderate way. It takes a long time of careful observation for him to truly trust new people. [A little morbid. It's not that he tries to be, it's just that he's so desensitized to death and weird things that he just has an unnervingly realistic view of the transience of life. Impulsive. He tries not to be, and he thinks that he's doing a good job, but he's the most stubborn person on the entire planet. Incredibly stubborn. If you tell him to not do something, he'll listen to you— if only to find ways to make his original idea better. Similarly, he's competitive and he hates to lose.]
Etc. -

• Hitori speaks in a semi-formal register.
  • Hitori can sense spirits. Essentially, he can sense when spirits are present and he can communicate with them.
Bio: Eldest son of an old family. Three siblings: his older sister Minako and his twin brother Hibiki. Hitori had a frail disposition that left him chronically sick when he was younger, so he spent most of his time inside or around the family house. At age 7, he had a near-death experience that led him to come face-to-face with a spirit. After that incident, he lost his fear of death and gained the ability to communicate with spirits. He's always felt disconnected from his peers because of his isolation from them and because they don't see spirits. Hibiki is by far the more sociable and popular Fujioka twin. Because Hibiki is better than him in (most) ways, Hitori feels a little self-conscious around his brother, and he occasionally gets quite jealous of him. Nonetheless, he tries to support Hibiki as best he can. When dealing with human society is too much, Hitori either retreats to the forest or to the run-down shrine that was abandoned years ago, where he contents himself with idle chatter with the resident spirits.

Shipping preferences: Any gender < 3
Genres: Hitori is an OC that I can see in any setting, honestly. I've written him mostly in historical settings (the early 90s, late 1800s, etc.), but he can also work in the modern day. His reservation makes him much more suited to dramatic, angsty, emotionally turbulent plots.

Pairings: Hitori is similar to Hachirou in that I like writing him in relationships of longing and bittersweetness. Hitori, though, is not an OC I can see in a super fluffy relationship— not at first. He's slowburn. He rarely gets crushes, but when he does they are very, very intense. He's prone to jealousy.

Because of his family's connection to the shrine, I love writing Hitori in pairings with the supernatural. Deity x Devotee, Immortal x Human, and Human x Supernatural are my favorite pairings for him. I particularly like Deity x Devotee because his reservation breaks down when he finds out the deity's identity. I usually play him at the human in these scenarios, but I'd be willing to try playing him as the supernatural :0 Hitori also holds serious grudges, so putting him in Rival x Rival or enemies/rivals to lovers dynamics is always fun. In general, I tend to put him in pairings where he pines begrudgingly or from a distance.

Limits: I strongly prefer writing Hitori in fantasy/supernatural settings. Communicating with spirits is such an integral part of his person that it feels wrong to completely cut it off. Completely realistic settings are a hard sell for me.
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ End ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

30daychallenge day 1 | Studio Ghibli Amino

That's the end of this interest check! Thank you so much for reading.

If you're interested in RPing, please send me a PM so that we can discuss things! If you can't PM, comment here and I'll send you one instead~

I hope we can create an amazing roleplay together!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back