• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
jaydude jaydude would you like us to wait until the potential fighting and rolls have stopped for the fort scene until we spend xp?

Yes please. Though I assume that shouldn't be long, if none of you can find the Dragon-blooded archer.

jaydude jaydude

I was reviewing my CS and realized I made a pretty grave error. I have four charms that have a required essence over what I am supposed to have. I must have completely neglected to look at essence requirement.

My apologies. I'll rectify that ASAP and switch them for something more appropriate.

What Ability are they in? You're allowed to disregard Essence requirements for your Supernal ability.

Its medicine. I think that's my supernal. That might be why they were there and I just forgot.
According to your character sheet, Medicine is your Supernal. So those Charms are valid, assuming they're all in Medicine and you meet the other requirements.

According to your character sheet, Medicine is your Supernal. So those Charms are valid, assuming they're all in Medicine and you meet the other requirements.
I do. And am full in in the medicine ability.

Panic mode abatated. Apologies at the false alarm! My memory is crud. I'm getting old.

I do. And am full in in the medicine ability.

Panic mode abatated. Apologies at the false alarm! My memory is crud. I'm getting old.

Hey, you're only four years older than me. And I made the same kinda mistake myself a while ago.

Hey, you're only four years older than me. And I made the same kinda mistake myself a while ago.
Them four years are when everything starts breaking down.

Lol then I suppose it happens to the best of us. Makes me feel a bit better.

Now, I get to reread the books to see if I want charms or to start buffing up abilities.

The answer to that is 'yes'.
Yes indeedy. I'm leaning towards abilities first. That way Zed can stop thinking around like an old man. Get that Athletics up. And try to act a but nicer. Up the socialize. Both those are pretty cheap as low as they currently are.

How does one get a familiar? For example, if I wanted Zedradon to get a therapy dog to help his patients.

I think in the past I've allowed people to buy such Merits with xp. Alternatively you could have Zed look for something IC.

I think in the past I've allowed people to buy such Merits with xp. Alternatively you could have Zed look for something IC.
Cool beans. I'll look into the merits too.

When the opportunity permits, I was going to look around the fort to see if there was any suitable dramatic longcoat or artifact jacket Zed might use in place of the non artifact one he took from the abyssal that might be better.

Might as well keep my eyes peeled for a friendly doggo or potential familiar.

As well as, naturally, looking for other fun artifacts on the bodies of the fallen dragon blooded or within the keep.

Cool beans. I'll look into the merits too.

When the opportunity permits, I was going to look around the fort to see if there was any suitable dramatic longcoat or artifact jacket Zed might use in place of the non artifact one he took from the abyssal that might be better.

Might as well keep my eyes peeled for a friendly doggo or potential familiar.

As well as, naturally, looking for other fun artifacts on the bodies of the fallen dragon blooded or within the keep.

Yeah, thinking of providing some artifacts for you lot. Most likely stuff confiscated from passing scoundrels by the fortress staff.

jaydude jaydude

In times when I need to roll to convince someone. Is it possible to use presence instead of socialize? Or is that difference dictated by the context?

jaydude jaydude

In times when I need to roll to convince someone. Is it possible to use presence instead of socialize? Or is that difference dictated by the context?
Looking at the player's handbook, I'd say it depends on context, and how you want to convince someone. Socialize can be used in formal situations and/or when using wordplay/language, while Presence can be used when using force of personality.

Looking at the player's handbook, I'd say it depends on context, and how you want to convince someone. Socialize can be used in formal situations and/or when using wordplay/language, while Presence can be used when using force of personality.
What's generally defined as force of personality?

What's generally defined as force of personality?
I don't think I could explain it well enough to do it justice, but I'd say it's not using things like flattery, but instead being blunt and trying to impress upon the other person that they should do as you say, simply because you say so.

I don't think I could explain it well enough to do it justice, but I'd say it's not using things like flattery, but instead being blunt and trying to impress upon the other person that they should do as you say, simply because you say so.
Definitely fits the bill for Zedradon. Will try to keep that in mind next time I try to persuade.

I am getting a fan club! How sweet is that!

If by "fan club" you mean "very pissed off Sworn Kinship of Lookshy-trained Dragon-bloods who now want to kill you", I don't know if I'd use the word "sweet"...

Potato, potato. Can't we all just get along?

And the answer is a resounding 'no'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back