• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ryan approaches the table where Quill and Ysandre are seated, and casually takes a seat of his own. "Hope I'm not interrupting something important friends, but I have some good news for the both of you."

"Greetings, mon chéri. Forgive me for approaching you like this, but I could not help overhearing you asking about the situation in Nalia earlier." he says with a polite, albeit shifty-looking smile.
Ailera nods. "Yes, indeed. I've been hearing rumors of a dozen different stories, and I'm just trying to sort out the truth of the matter there. I have kin in the city," she explains, "and I'm worried for them if chaos erupts in a battle for the throne."

"Ah, yes. Some await conflict with anticipation, thinking they can win money, glory, or both, while others have only dread." replies the shifty man with a theatrical shake of his head. "I am from Nalia myself, originally. And if you seek information about what is going on there, I know someone who would be willing to provide said information...for a price."

Ailera smiles. "Of course you do. Why should I pay any price for this information, when I'm able to gain the knowledge I seek with only a bit of legwork as I go to various places where travelers meet? What does this person supposedly know that I would be interested in?"

The shifty man chuckles. "You don't seem to have had much luck with that so far, correct?" he teases. "This is not Nexus. We do not often get travelers from as far away as Nalia or Alsein. Not to mention that some of the questions you're asking - namely how certain people here would feel about princess Ysandre taking her rightful throne - are ones for which it would take far more than 'a bit of legwork' for you to find answers for. You can try if you want, or you could save time and have whatever information you want provided for you, in exchange for a fee.

Ysandre looks up as the Dawn caste approaches and smiles at him as he takes a seat. "And what news is that?"

"I made some friends with an abundance of talent and resources that are willing to partner with me to help you out." Ryan said, intentionally being vague to throw off eaves droppers. "Ones excited to work with us despite knowing my... condition. Though, I had to make a hard sell that our mutual friend here was the key to it all." Ryan said with a nod toward Quill. "Truth of the matter is his knowledge is extremely valuable for amassing wealth legitimately. So, I didn't make any assertions outside of what I've already witnessed. Unfortunately, to test the waters I had to let on more than I'd like about your status, friend, but I gave them no name nor physical description of you, only an occupation. I am sorry for that, but it has gotten us an Exalted ship captain from the Cerulean River Dragons and another young lady who has all the makings of an excellent scout. More importantly, both of them seem trustworthy to me. Shall I invite them to camp to meet with you, my lady?" With all of that, Ryan concludes his debrief making effort to avoid names and the dreaded A-word.

Ailera looks at the man with a sour look. "How much are we talking about here? My coin purse is not overflowing with jade."

The shifty man shrugs his shoulders, before giving Ailera a figure that would almost completely deplete her coin purse if she were to pay it. But on the other hand, it wouldn't take too long for her to raise the money through thievery.

Ysandre raises an eyebrow at Ryan's words, "that sound remarkably fortuitous. Why do you believe them to be trustworthy?"

"I know of this Captain Mara by reputation in detail, she is known for putting down pirates and other brigands. Most notably, she has no notoriety to speak of, even with being as high profile as an Outcaste Dragon-Blood. When dealing with me, I did not detect any lies from either of them." He paused to make his voice somewhat quieter. "As for the other, Ailera, well... Something she said leads me to believe she may know of others like us or possibly be one herself. It may just have been a slip of the tongue, but I got a good impression from her as well. I do recommend we at least meet with them in person so you can judge for yourself."

Ailera will do her best to haggle the price down as much as possible before paying anything. "Its not like I can get any guarantees that the information you are giving me is going to be legit."

With Ailera...
The shifty man nods in understanding. "Oh, I'm not the one who'll be providing you with the information. That would be my boss. She's an information broker of sorts for this part of the Scavenger Lands, among her other...business interests within this city. If anything's happening in this area, no matter how much people try and keep it secret, odds are that she'll know of it."

Ailera looks at the shifty man, then sighs. "Alright then, lets go see your boss, and I'll see how much coin I'll be able to get out of this deal with still in my pocket."

"In that case, follow me." replies the shifty man, as he leads Ailera into another empty part of the dockyard area, close to the warehouse where she met with Ryan and Mara. He steps into a dark alleyway and stops in front of a door that is almost invisible in the shadows. Looking down the alley, Ailera sees no-one besides the shifty man, but she does notice a number of black, hand-sized spiders on the walls near the door, all of them seemingly watching her.

"My boss prefers to not spend too much time out among the public, or to wait in one place for too long." says the shifty man, as he eyes the spiders with slight distaste before indicating the door. "You go through there, take the stairs down, sit at the table, and she'll be along shortly."

Ailera is not very comfortable with the situation, but she does need information. I can probably fight my way out of any mortal trap that may be down there, but why not take a few precautions? Using her Essence, she expands her perceptions to be able to catch any small detail that might have otherwise slipped past her. With that done, she gives the man a nod and sets off to meet this information broker. I may just be paranoid, but if this does work out, I may be able to add her to my own contact list.
Spending 5m from Personal Essence to activate Sensory Acuity Prana for the scene, giving me double 9's on my rolls.

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 8
Peripheral: 33 (23)
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Even with her enhanced senses, Ailera is unable to perceive anything out of the ordinary.

Entering through the door, Ailera finds herself inside the front room of what appears to be an abandoned slum dwelling. A pair of candles in the walls barely manage to light the whole room, and there are yet more spiders crawling around in the shadows. There are doors to other rooms on this floor, but all of them are boarded up. In front of her and slightly to the left, Ailera sees a staircase leading down into a basement.

With her head held high, she heads for the stairs, and cautiously heads on down to whatever is awaiting her.

Using her Infinite Resplendence Amulet, she lengthens the sleeves enough to cover her hands, and then slips on her moonsilver gauntlets. No sense in not being prepared.

Last edited:
At the bottom of the stairs, Ailera sees a small circular table with two chairs positioned on opposite sides of it. Light comes from a set of wax candles on the table, but their light does not reach to the walls of the room, making it seem like the tables and chairs are surrounded by nothing but pure shadow. As well as the lack of light, the room is very much silent.

Looking at the table, Ailera sees yet another spider stood on it, but it soon scuttles off and disappears into the surrounding darkness.

Spiders and dim lighting? Going for the creepy look, are we? With a shrug, Ailera goes ahead and takes a seat, waiting patiently for this other person to arrive.
Sensory Acuity Prana active for the scene, giving me double 9's on my rolls.
6 banked Successes for Stealth or Larceny rolls from Living Shadow Preparedness

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 8
Peripheral: 33 (23)
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Last edited:
Roll coming up

With my double 9's, I got a total of 5 successes.

Ailera is left waiting for a few minutes, when all of a sudden she feels a presence right behind her. Looking around, she sees a tall and beautiful young woman with pale skin and long black hair, standing there as if she just formed out of the shadows. She is clad in a plain and wispy looking black robe that covers her entire body besides her hands and bare feet, and gives the impression of a lithe form beneath its dark cloth.

"Greetings, little one." she says in a soft, almost silk-like voice while smiling down at Ailera. "To what do I owe your presence in my parlour?"

[Dice roll was for her Stealth. Please make another Perception + Awareness check, Sherwood Sherwood ]

Last edited:
Trying to conceal her jump, Ailera replies, "I am seeking information, and was led here. I was told that, for the right price, I may be able to get details on the political unrest in Nalia."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back