• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Villainy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[div class=mainBackground] [div class="header headerCustom"] [/div] [div class="info bottomBorder"] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Location:[/div] [div class=infoText] The doorway of boy's room [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Interaction:[/div] [div class=infoText] Nicolette, Leon, Santo, Jessie, Era [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Tags:[/div] [div class=infoText] AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Lost Lost Randomfella Randomfella Yatasal Yatasal Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 [/div] [/div] [/div] [div style="font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); white-space: pre-wrap;"] Last couple of months had been a bit of a blur. He'd been able catch the group before they left and found that the girl he'd encountered before was indeed the owner of the dog. While he didn't engage much with the group of his own volition, he was still cordial to those that chose to interact with him. This was mostly the girl whose dog he brought back, Jessie, and the eldest of the group, Era. Jessie, along with her pet, had been particularly attached to him for most of their travels and while he was amicable since Deryth knew they might end up traveling together for a while, he still kept a certain emotional distance from her and the group. Her inquisitive nature often reminded Deryth what was once his home, and the feeling of betrayal. Still, although the group was for the most part cordial, he was very much put off by their powers. While they chiefly shared his view on magic, with Era's insistence, he was starting to see the positive side of his abilities. His mentor's teachings still rang deep in his thoughts though, so as advantageous his power may be, he still disliked using it.
Deryth had never been to a city even close to the size of Arinzye before and while he felt a bit of excitement, his weariness from the long trek dulled the effect. Typically, Deryth wasn't one for staying in Inns, as he found them suffocating, unless he was forced by circumstance as he was now. As stuffy as the room was and Deryth's lack of fondness for straw padded cot that he was assigned, he quickly collapsed on the cot after covering it with his hammock and partially undressing. He was simply too worn out to uncomfortable and was quickly asleep. This state didn't last long, as a high-pitched scream shattered his slumber. Groggy from suddenly being woken, Deryth wondered if it had even been real. Remembering vaguely that the door locked, Deryth shifted a bit before trying to return to his slumber. This was foiled by the sound of the door to their room bursting open. An extended groan escaped his mouth as he realized it was now no longer safe to sleep now that once secure door that disallowed wandering too far was open. Sitting up, Deryth saw that those he'd shared the room with were already gone. "Great." Deryth mumbled to himself before shifting his legs off the cot and placing his feet on the floor. Reaching down, Deryth fumbled his hand around until he felt the familiar texture of rough leather and copper rivets of his belt. Putting on his belt as he shuffled towards the now open door, he could feel the weight of the weapons that were attached to it. His skinning knife was sheathed on his belt but the weight of the sword on the opposite side made it seem weightless by comparison. Using the door frame for balance, Deryth leaned out of room as tried to grasp what was going on. Since the door to the girl's room was open and almost everyone was crowded around the entrance, blocking his view, he could only listen in as he looked down both sides of the hall. This when he noticed the girl Nicolette standing aside in hallway, a little disheveled in overly large shirt holding her cat. "What's going on?" The words came out a little flat due to the grogginess, and while they mostly aimed at the girl, it was loud enough for everyone to hear. Before anyone responded, he could hear the woman, Era, talking angrily to someone in the girl's room. Among her words, Lich was not one Deryth recognized and given the circumstance, he wasn't sure he wanted to know what it meant. [div class="mainText" style="width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; font-size: 0.6em; text-align: center"]Like this code? Check out Lex's Codes to get your own![/div] [/div][/div] [class name=mainBackground] background: rgb(40, 40, 40); box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 10%; padding-right: 10%; padding-top: 5%; padding-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class name=header] display: block; postion: relative; box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 5px; font-family: 'Share', sansserif; font-size: 3em; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=headerCustom] background-color: #004200 ; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class] [class name=bottomBorder] margin-bottom: 10px; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); [/class] [class name=info] display: flex; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; padding-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class name="info" maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%;[/class] [class name=infoBox] display: flex; flex: 1 0 50%; width: auto; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=infoBox maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%; margin: 5px; [/class] [class name=infoLabel] max-width: 80px; flex: 1 0 auto; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 3px; margin-right: 3px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(40, 40, 40); [/class] [class name=infoText] width: auto; flex: 5 0 auto; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class]

[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
3131c352c60fa0d14a4ade8cdfd40f8a.jpg
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Fletchawk Fletchawk I Mentioned: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Yatasal Yatasal Randomfella Randomfella Eliasdagood Eliasdagood I Located: outside the girl's room
[div class="Lines"]
Using the door frame for balance, Deryth leaned out of room as tried to grasp what was going on. Since the door to the girl's room was open and almost everyone was crowded around the entrance, blocking his view, he could only listen in as he looked down both sides of the hall. This when he noticed the girl Nicolette standing aside in hallway, a little disheveled in overly large shirt holding her cat. "What's going on?" The words came out a little flat due to the grogginess, and while they mostly aimed at the girl, it was loud enough for everyone to hear. Before anyone responded, he could hear the woman, Era, talking angrily to someone in the girl's room. Among her words, Lich was not one Deryth recognized and given the circumstance, he wasn't sure he wanted to know what it meant.
She almost didn't hear the man speak to her as the spirit..er Lich as Era said, spoke through Anya. Rico was very curios about the whole spirit thing and asked many questions to Era. Trying not to bother Anya with to manny before but the girl couldn't help herself. Right now she had a lot of questions herself and hoped they were ok in that Room. Santo and Leon went in and Anya but not Anya spoke to Santo... family they said? But Santo and Anya weren't related. That..they did look alike... All of them were orphans after all, their parents back home not really their parents...hmmm

Oh wait Deryth needed to know what was going on. "Oh, Anya was screaming So Era came in and we all went out and now there's a Lich spirit thing talking through her cause it likes to be in Anya's body. And Santo went in because I think he worries about Anya a lot and I don't know why Leon went into the room and Jessie's dog is in there too and The rest of us are standing out here since its safer and Era can have more room to help Anya, I don't think there's much you can do Deryth." She said simply to him. "We better let Era do what she needs to." Ricolette had no idea what to do in the situation, she could write the spirit out but she wasn't that skilled with something that complicated and may have negative effects on Anya. No if they wanted Anya to go back to being Anya it was best to stay out the way. Words" [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Santo Guineth
The Road West​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
Shock soon turned to surprise as... Anya? Moved toward him. Santo's focus hadn't left the girl, the concern within him rising, though he still questioned exactly why. "Your hair?" He repeated her words, the words of this... Spirit. His eyes stared with confusion as Anya's hands twirled the strands. Her next words, however, were a club to the head.

What did this thing mean, familial!? Did it think itself related to him in some way!? Or was this some sick joke!? Santo's face began to scrunch in anger at it, his blood boiling at her words, not only metaphorically. Era's words rushed through his mind like a bullet train. "Lich!?" He had heard the word before, though he did not truly understand it, some sort of undead spirit, the kind of topic he would have read of for hours as a child, but now...

"You won't have her, I... Or any of them!" Santo's voice was low, gritty, and full of distaste, its volume barely rising. His own voice tore into his mind, whatever this thing was, he hated it, yet it was still Anya's body. Put her out of her misery, take whatever this was out before it spread its influence amongst them, the ridiculous notions continued to build, tempting him evermore. Fists clenched, tight enough for his nails to dig into his flesh, brought on by his anger, and his attempt of restraint. "Who do you think you are!?"

Interacts: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
Mentions: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101
and everyone near the girls room

The spirit turns her head to smirk at Era. “Do I know you from somewhere… your preaching sounds awefully familiar.” She mutters. “And any magic user should be used to sacrifice by now. If her mind is the price for my having a living body so suited to me, then I will pay it.” She says, flicking a hand dismissively.

She looks back to Santo, sighing softly. “To think that you would not recognize me… tch. Perhaps if these fools weren’t so afraid you’d follow in my legacy and your birth right, they could have taught you to use your gifts. Suppressing them certainly isn’t helping anyone.”

She tilts her head, stepping toward him. “I can still teach you to control them. Blood magic was not my specialty, but I can certainly do better than this hedge witch.” She says, flicking a hand toward Era. “What do you say, my boy?”

Yatasal Yatasal Randomfella Randomfella AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Lost Lost Fletchawk Fletchawk

Era

Suddenly and wordlessly, Era rushed over, picked Anya up--it was more difficult now without the adrenaline to help her out--and plunked her down again across the room, away from everyone, so that she could stand between them all. When she spoke now it was in a low, harsh whisper.
‘Look, it's been a while, but I'm having a hard time believing you don't remember being blasted across the room and knocked out in one spell, Inina.’ Behind her back, Era was searching blindly through her robes’ pockets for a chunk of charcoal, which she held in a white-knuckled fist when she found it. ‘Now, while you were busy being dead, I was busy continuing to study magic. So if I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss me.’
Era slammed one hand down on the floor and the possessed Anya began hovering several inches above it, thus unable to move around the room. With a flick of her fingers, the charcoal began scratching out a runed soul-trapping circle on the floor around her.
Era turned to the children behind her, sighed heavily and rubbed her eyes. Her jaw was clenched, but it was fairly obvious she was making an effort to relax.
‘Ri, I need… um… can somebody go get my bag from my room? Quickly, please.’ She then turned her focus to the ring that the charcoal stick was sketching. Era occasionally plucked it out of the air to edit the binding runes.

Interacting: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood AgWordSmith AgWordSmith
Mentioned: Everyone Else

Santo Guineth
The Road West​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
Cold winds tickled beneath his chin as they passed through the inn, the being's words echoing through what felt like his entire body. His emotions, with a mix of complete inability to understand what was happening, were clearly getting the better of the young man. Teeth audibly grit as she spoke of using Anya's body, sacrificing her mind, the mind of an innocent blind girl, one who had surely been through similar woes as himself... It sickened Santo to his core.

However... As she spoke, Santo's mood changed, if only for a short moment. A short gasp escaped the young man's lips as she mentioned suppressing his powers, his body jolting back slightly from her words. What did she mean of legacy? The others might have known Santo was reluctant to use his abilities... But to say he was suppressing them was a far more specific truth. The struggle against his own natural wishes, holding it deep within himself. Afraid.

As Anya's body stepped toward him, Santo stared into her eyes, attempting to compose himself. "You know nothing of this curse." He spat back with disgust, scowling once more, doing his best to ignore his words, and yet... To learn to control this, to truly remove the hold it had over him...

Deep blue eyes opened wide in surprise as their older companion jumped into action, forcefully taking Anya. His hand outstretched as she pulled her away, palm open toward the pair, loosely hanging there. Santo's mouth opened in disbelief as the girl's body floated in the air, Era's words even more difficult to take in. At that moment he felt useless, none of them could help her as she banished the spirit, his eyes gazing with a wobble at the girl's helpless body.

*Tick* A sudden drop of fluid hit the floorboards below, Santo's eyes moving down at the red substance, turning his hands to stare at the small cuts caused by his nails clenching into his fist. "I-... I have to go." The young man mumbled, an almost lifeless tone barely escaping through his short breaths as he closed his hand tightly. Santo looked toward Era, then Anya and the blood which spelt from her mouth, before turning his body toward the way out. He needed the fresh air, his mind seemingly at war with itself, he could barely focus on one question. Yet one thing Era had mentioned stood out through the calamity of voices. "Inina?"

Interacts: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101
Vicinity: All

Last edited:
The spirit screeches in fury as she’s pulled away from Santo. “Oh, curse it all!” She shrieks. She glares at Era, her teeth pulling back in a snarl that just doesn’t fit Anya’s face. “Oh, you really think you can bind me you wretched little-“ her next words sound wrong. Just so, so alien, and malicious, dark magic starting to gather around her, waiting to be unleashed.

And then she bites her tongue. Hard. Blood spills from her mouth, as she screams. One eye briefly goes back to blue as Anya fights back with all the strength she has, just enough to make sure Inina can’t pronounce those horrible words.

The magic is dispelled, and the spirit screams, both eyes going back to black. “Wretched child! How dare you harm your own-“ a scream bursts from her chest as her leg twists, causing her rather intense pain as Anya struggles to reclaim her body. Not a pleasant experience for either soul, to be sure.

Yatasal Yatasal Randomfella Randomfella AgWordSmith AgWordSmith @Spazzycat101 Lost Lost Fletchawk Fletchawk

Leon watched with something akin to awe as Era lifted Anya in the air. He had never heard of such magic, though that hardly surprised him. His village had been no fan of magic. As a result, many of the finer details of magic - namely, the many things it could actually do - were omitted from books and the like. He had never thought the omissions had been too important, but watching Era as he did now, he was reminded of how little he really did know.

The levitation wasn't the only thing Era did, it appeared. As Anya remained suspended, Leon noticed little pieces of charcoal begin to move along the floor under her. He couldn't make out the shape produced by the movements, not from that far away, but he doubted he would recognize the drawing even if he could.

The circle continued to form, and as it did, Leon saw Era turn out of the corner of his eye. It took a minute for him to realize she was speaking, distracted as he was, and he turned his attention back to the woman. "...get my bag from my room? Quickly, please," he heard say before she turned back to the charcoal drawing.

Leon cast a glance around and, upon spotting Era's open door, hobbled into her room. He was slower than he would have liked, thanks to his limp, but eventually, he found the bag and made his way back into the hallway and to the girl's quarters.

Nervously, he stepped back into the room. His eyes never left Anya as he made his way towards the pair. She may have been bound by magic, but Leon had seen her power first-hand. He couldn't help but be a little tentative in his actions.

Upon nearing Era, he held up the bag. "Is this the one you wer-" he started, before a deadly, black aura began to surround Anya. Leon stepped back almost unconsciously as his thoughts turned back to the man two months ago, killed by the very same magic. His stomach churned with dread, and for a brief moment, he thought he would share the man's fate.

And yet, the lethal blow never came. The aura dispelled as fast as it had appeared, Anya's eyes turning black, and Leon shook off his fear. More likely than not, Era still needed the bag to help the girl.

He moved forward once more, closing the distance, and held out the bag for the woman. "This is what I could find."

| Interacting: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Mentioned: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood |

Last edited:
[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 I Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Randomfella Randomfella Lost Lost Fletchawk Fletchawk I Located: outside the room.
[div class="Lines"]
Ri, I need… um… can somebody go get my bag from my room? Quickly, please.’
The winds rolled about the inn. Ri kept her shirt down, turning to the events in the room. She nodded at Era’s request but she couldn’t help but stare at what was happening. The movement of Santo turning away snapped her out of it. “Oh. Right. Bag.” She caught sight of Leon running back for it. Taking a few steps in that direction to help she was stopped by Nera. The cat wanted to wiggle and writhe. “no. Nera!” The feline wriggled out her grip and ran off. “Nera!!” It was no use she would find Nera later, The bag was more important and Leon had come back with one already. Guess she shouldn’t have gotten distracted by...by all this.

She stepped aside to let Leon through and looked back at Jessie and Dyreth, and then to Those in the room. Anya...er her body bound and in the air. The words spoken not her and she could see the fight in those eyes beofre they went back. There’s really wasn’t anything any of them could do....Seemed like Santo wanted to get right out of here too. Maybe it would be best if the rest of them went out too. Not even her own power would be if use, and they were doing nothing jist stasnjng and watching. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
Era

‘Yes, thank you. Ri, I need…’ Era gratefully took her bag from Leon, and removed one of a few very beaten-up, old, untitled books. And the pages, visible as Era flipped through them, weren't only very heavily annotated, but completely handwritten.
‘Can you summon me three dove feathers and… and some bay leaves and cedar kindling please? I think I don't necessarily… um…’ She began muttering words under her breath--it sounded like a list of spell components--and turned back to her bag. ‘Oh! And a hooded lantern? Just the lantern part, I don't need oil for it.’ Era retrieved a small mortar and a few candles from her bag.

The charcoal stick finished its circle scribbled around the floating Anya. Era picked it up and, with almost a bit to much enthusiasm, wrote in clear print around it, ‘ININA’
It marked that her soul should she be the only one to find the barrier impassable.

But Era wasn't a necromancer, and Inina was, so this circle alone probably wouldn't do more than prevent her from immediately possessing anyone else as soon as Anya was no longer an option.

Interacting: AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Lost Lost
Mentioned: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
Nearby: everyone else

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 I Mentioned: n/aI Located: in the room
[div class="Lines"]
‘Can you summon me three dove feathers and… and some bay leaves and cedar kindling please? I think I don't necessarily… um…’ She began muttering words under her breath--it sounded like a list of spell components--and turned back to her bag. ‘Oh! And a hooded lantern? Just the lantern part, I don't need oil for it.’
Ri liked over and nodded. She would need something to write with. Of course all this crazzyness with the wind and the possession and binding ans people. Her things wouldn’t just be in the same place she left it. Thankfully some one (feel free to volunteer to be the one who did) gave her the bright idea to write words on her before hand in case of emergencies. Today the word of the day on her ankle was “writing utensils” and with a touch and a glow pen and ink where in her hands.

She started to summon ea h thing Era asked for, writing on the floor to do so. Working quickly so the woman could do what she needed. “There...that’s all of it. Anything else? Will this all really help?” [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Jessie backed up against the bed as Anya's body was dragged back into the room via Era's magic. She froze as she watched her friend writhe and scream at Era, using Anya's voice but not at all behaving like Anya. Era asked for her bag, and Leon went to grab it. As soon as he returned, Jessie snapped out of her frozen state and made her way over to him.
A black aura exploded off of Anya, and in her high-strung state Jessie clung to Leon. He handed Era her bag, and Jessie didn't let go of him. She was cold and shaking, and her eyes were glued to Anya's black eyes. Anya bit her tongue, and blood escaped her mouth, making the entire scene even more horrific than it already was.

The innkeeper, a man called Fred Gabbin, was awoken from his sleep by a maid who said that there was a bar fight. It was past midnight, and he groaned as he nudged his husband. "I'm going to go deal with this, then come back, alright?"
His husband mumbled something in his sleep that had he been awake might've been "I love you" or "be safe" but in his sleep sounded more like "I love safe." Fred smiled and pulled on his trousers and a shirt. He tucked in his belt, and walked down the stairs to his main lobby. The poor bar maids and Baz, his manager, looked fairly done with the entire scene. Two men had locked together in some sort of drunken wrestling position, and Fred sighed. "Alright break it up, go home to your families, come on now," he stepped forward and pulled the men apart, and one of them threw a punch into Fred's face. The man was very drunk though, and the punch was fast but not fast enough that Fred couldn't duck. The bar maids then got into the action, and the two of them pulled the men apart, and Fred threw each of them outside.
He checked to make sure everyone was alright, nothing was broken, and then turned to back to bed. As he was walking through the northwest bedrooms (his own being in the tower) he heard some mumbled groans, followed by a blood-curdling scream. Again, Fred sighed as he headed back down the stairs to go to the lobby. When he got there, he had assumed that a bar maid had made the scream (despite his bar maids being as tough as nails), but they shook their heads. The lobby was still well stocked with drunk and partying customers, and so Fred wasn't surprised they hadn't heard anything.
Fred went back up the stairs, heading through the northwest bedrooms, when he saw several teenagers standing in the hallway. They all looked awake, but were dressed in their night-clothes and looked terrified, not to mention unkempt. He heard another scream, and walked calmly to the door that they were all staring in. The scene inside was straight out of a nightmare. And Fred, the ever diligent innkeeper, touched the shoulders of the girl and boy standing in front of the doorway, and noticed two more kids inside. "Come on dear, let's go up to my chambers, alright? You two, you as well. I don't know enough about magic to know what she's doing but I assume she won't want you guys hurt. I'll get you all some tea, that'll fix you up."
The girl who was floating in air with black eyes screamed again, and Fred felt chills run through his bones. This was why magic shouldn't be practiced; stuff like this happened. But he had some terrified teenagers to help, and this wasn't the first time some crazy magical nightmare had happened in his inn, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. He noticed a young man, around the same age as the others, also standing nearby, although he looked like he was trying to find a way out. "You as well, come on. We'll all go up to my chambers and get some tea."

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Lost Lost Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Randomfella Randomfella Fletchawk Fletchawk

Era

As soon as the materials were there, Era snatched them up. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the innkeeper she had met earlier begin ushering the children away to to someplace presumably safer than right before one of the most powerful and ruthless dark mages of her time. Struggling for concentration as she was, Era could only nod her thanks.
She gathered one feather in her hand and with a flick in the air ignited it and stuffed it into the empty lantern. Instead of the normal golden fire, it began to glare and spark a bright pure white. Era shut the lantern’s door. She stuffed the incenses into the mortar, set it just inside the circle, and lit it and all the candles with a sweep of her hand.
This wasn't a spell to banish Inina; it was a much smaller version of one she had designed herself many years ago. It would give Anya’s consciousness a boost just enough to dominate Inina, and expel the lich herself. The binding ring was to keep Inina trapped after that, so Anya could join the others somewhere away from the room. And with a foreign-sounding incantation, the smoldering contents of the mortal flared up suddenly, but for hardly half a second. As soon as it did, Era grabbed Anya’s hand and pulled her--she was still floating--out of the circle. She came back easily; that meant Inina was no longer possessing her.
Putting herself between the two of them, Era carefully nudged Anya, still floating, out the door into the hallway and closed the door, never taking her eyes off Inina. She didn't notice if Anya was still conscious or not. Exhaustion had began a loud ringing in her ears, and a sharp headache was coming on. Still, fury kept her awake. And now she could take it out without hurting Anya.
She all but screamed, ‘TÁ ‘CAILLEACH FÁlAITHE’ CEART!!’
Era opened the lantern’s shade and the burning feathers’ light shocked the room. Just barely visible was Inina’s pale, ghostly form, but only for a moment. Era grabbed the lantern and held it out into the circle, and despite her protests, Inina disappeared. The feathers sparked brighter.
For good measure, she gave it a strong static ‘zap!’
But the headache and the tinny ringing were intensifying until Era had difficulty hearing much else. Trying to heal it would only make it worse, given that it would just use more magic. She took a long piece of twine and tied it around the lantern, sealing its little window, picked it up, and pushed open the door. Though it had happened quickly, Era looked absolutely dreadful. The dark circles under her eyes, though they had been there for a while, were much more pronounced, and her posture was quite slack.
If Anya was unconscious, Era would have woken her with a little shake, then dispelled the levitation.
Her voice even sounded as rough as she looked.
‘Let's go follow the others downstairs, alright?’
If Anya replied, Era wouldn't have really been able to hear it. She continued down the stairs to where the innkeeper had rushed the others away to.

Interacting: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
Mentioned: everyone else at the end

Last edited:
Anya does what she can during the fight, trying to reject Inina, until she feels a surge of strength, and forces the invading spirit with a shriek of rage. She’s pulled out of the circle, her body shaking, as she tries to watch what happens.

The attacker is gone. Sealed inside some kind of weird box, it looks like. Anya sighs, and closes her eyes, carefully getting her feet under her as Era lets her go to the ground. “I’m sorry…” Anya whispers, starting to cry, and holding on to Era.

“It… it hasn’t happened in years, I didn’t think I could be possessed again. She was so strong… she didn’t manage to hurt anyone, right? She… she didn’t use me to…” she can’t finish the sentence. The poor girl will probably take some time to recover from that invasion, and what she knows now, from what Inina said in her mind… she has to talk to Santo.
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Fred hated to wake Eric, as Fred knew that Eric had work early in the morning, but he had several traumatized and unusual teenagers to wrangle, and he couldn't do it alone. Eric, being typical Eric, got up without complaint and made a large pot of his best tea, peach lemon. He also went downstairs to the kitchen to grab mugs and came back with small bread rolls as well. Fred couldn't help but smile.
"Now then," Fred said, after he had seated everyone on the floor with a cup of tea and a roll. They had moved the small two-person table out of the way, opting for the children to sit on the ground. They looked like they had been through worse. "Who would like to explain themselves first?"

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Lost Lost Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Randomfella Randomfella Fletchawk Fletchawk

Era

Not able to hear Anya begging for forgiveness, Era simply continued down the stairs, with a hand extended to help guide Anya, then went and knocked on the door of the innkeeper’s quarters. When she was let in, the first thing she did was hold up the lantern.
‘Nobody touch this at all, under any circumstances, ever. The ghost is trapped in it.’ After a heavy sigh, she continued. ‘Thank you so much, all of you, I'm really sorry. That… was… um…it was nobody’s fault, and nobody would have been able to see it coming. But,’ Era’s eyes scanned the room for a moment, then she slowly went to join the children in sitting on the floor. ‘It gave me an idea on how to figure everything out. Second, I, I really can't hear anything at all right now. And I'm very tired. So if it's all right,’ She addressed the innkeeper, ‘Can you take care of them for the rest of the night? I think I'll rent the rooms until tomorrow morning too.’

Interacting: everyone

It gave me an idea on how to figure everything out. Second, I, I really can't hear anything at all right now. And I'm very tired. So if it's all right,’ She addressed the innkeeper, ‘Can you take care of them for the rest of the night? I think I'll rent the rooms until tomorrow morning too.’
Fred nodded, and Eric shook his head. "Don't worry about the rooms, miss. You've had a rough night, and we'll make sure you ain't disturbed."
Fred smiled and nodded in agreement to this. "Get some sleep, miss...?"

Anya doesn’t get too close to the others, hugging herself. “I… I’m so sorry, everyone.” She whispers. “I tried to fight her off, but she was so much stronger than me.” She looks over at Santo, sighing softly. She doesn’t know what to say about what Inina has told her.

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood I Mentioned: Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 I Located: Sitting with everyone.
[div class="Lines"]
Come on dear, let's go up to my chambers, alright? You two, you as well. I don't know enough about magic to know what she's doing but I assume she won't want you guys hurt. I'll get you all some tea, that'll fix you up."
"Who would like to explain themselves first?"
Ri couldn't explain a thing, she barely knew what was up other than Anya was just exorcised. Plus it seemed like Era, the one to best would go to a room and immediately sleep. She was just going to stay quiet or once but then Anya spoke. "Oh no you don't! You don't apologized for some evil lady spirit thing taking over you! That's not your fault." Ri would simply not allow that poor girl feel bad and take the blame for all this. What a terrible thing to go through and then just to feel all bad about it? Uh uh. "You did awesome just being able to fight her off as much as you did. I don't think any of us would've been that strong." She spoke honestly. They all knew by now that Ri was one to always speak exactly what she thought, and tended to think what she thought was the truth till proven other wise. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

"Who would like to explain themselves first?"

From his position on the floor next to Jessie, Leon watched on warily, completely silent as the innkeeper spoke. He hadn't been surprised when the commotion they caused had attracted attention. In fact, it would have been strange if it hadn't. What had surprised him though was the fact that the man offered to take them someplace calmer. It took only one look at Jessie, shaking, for Leon to agree. Before they had left, however, Leon had grabbed a nearby blanket to wrap around Jessie. She was more than a little chilly, and on a night like that, it would be all too easy to catch a cold.

Now, seated in front of the innkeeper, unease had begun to set in. He had never been good at being honest or blunt. It stemmed from his time in Cynta, he supposed; it was hard to share when nobody would listen, hard to trust when no one else seemed to.

So naturally, when the man asked them a question, one Leon wasn't sure they should answer, his first instinct was to lie, to pass Anya's episode off as a nightmare. He had become all too accustomed to hiding his own power, so it almost felt natural to do so for others. He quelled that thought nearly as soon as he had it though; he wasn’t in Cynta anymore, nor was he traveling by himself. He’d need to learn to hold his tongue.

Might as well start learning now. Better not to draw attention, to you or your power. Leon turned his gaze away from the man, opting to fidget with the end of his tunic rather than respond.

|@All|

Last edited:
Era

Though she couldn’t hear them well, Era’s plan of action for herself was very similar to everyone else’s; nap time. She was almost asleep on her feet.
‘Thank you again, for taking care of them… I’m going to… I’m going to go sleep. Once I can hear clearly I’ll, uh, I’ll discuss and explain anything you think needs to be discussed or explained. I’ll also clean up the charcoal then.’ With a tired nod, Era took her leave back up to her room.

She cleared the books off of the bed and stacked them all by the foot and poured what little was left of the energy potion from the small ceramic bowl into a vial for later. And then practically passed out on the bed. Era didn’t even bother to undo her hair from its bun. Just sleep. Deal with that later. It didn’t really hit her until now how long she had spent awake.

@ Everyone

Last edited:
‘Thank you again, for taking care of them… I’m going to… I’m going to go sleep. Once I can hear clearly I’ll, uh, I’ll discuss and explain anything you think needs to be discussed or explained. I’ll also clean up the charcoal then.’
Eric nodded, and watched her leave. "When she'd last sleep, last winter?"
Fred cleared his throat, and turned to look at the children all quietly sitting on his floor. "Well. Can anyone else explain to me exactly what happened to this poor young lady? Fighting off who? Is the inn in any danger now?"

Lost Lost Eliasdagood Eliasdagood AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Randomfella Randomfella Fletchawk Fletchawk

Anya closes her eyes, letting out a long sigh. “Okay, so… this is gonna be really hard to explain. It’s like explaining color to a blind person... irony noted.” She sounds tired, and a bit more mature than usual. Then again she’s rarely this serious about anything. “So… let’s say the living world and afterlife are on two sides of a river, Okay? And swimming across the river is really hard, so sometimes spirits end up on our side of the river, either because they’re not strong enough to swim across, or don’t want to. But they’re still in the shallows. Their feet can’t touch land any more.”

She pauses, hoping they get it. “So, most living people will never touch the water till they die. Or occasionally in dreams they might get a toe wet. It’s really hard for even the spirits on our side to talk to them at all. Then you have people like me… who walk with one foot in the water at all times. I can’t help it, it’s just how I am. So a spirit can talk to me, interact with me… or try to grab me, and steal my body to walk on land again. That’s what just happened… does that make sense? I mean, it’s much more complicated, but I can’t explain it better right now.”
Yatasal Yatasal

Eric and Fred glanced at each other, and it was clear that Fred had doubts and Eric was ready to fight anyone who might harm these children. Fred coughed and folded his arms. "Is there any danger of this happening again? And, if it does, then could you... fight this spirit off a second time?"

Anya looks over at the lantern, where she can still see the black mass of a spirit trapped inside. “I mean… that one specifically shouldn’t be a problem again. Last time I had my body stolen I was… nine or ten. I’ve gotten better at keeping them out. That one was just… really powerful. In life and in death.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back