• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Villainy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Yatasal

Currently on hiatus...
The wind blew across the stone plains, hissing as it went. A woman stood on the precipice, watching with a few of her... friends. "Perhaps they didn't hear my call. Perhaps they don't even exist." She whispered, watching the silent stone fields below.

Another voice answered. "They exist. I can feel them. And they are coming."

The woman smiled, and clapped her hands together. "I'm glad. I... We need them to come. You're getting worse."

"Eliss, you told me that this wasn't about me. You said--"

Eliss pressed her lips together, staring at the night sky. "It's not, Bepraffe. It's like I said. They need to know. Why... Why they're like how they are. They need to know."

Bepraffe shuffled closer. His leg brushed Eliss' skirt. "Eliss, you are a wonderful person. You'll still be a wonderful person, even after I go the way of this world."

Eliss turned towards him, and rested a hand on his head. "Thank you, my old friend."

She took a deep breath in, and let it out. She sang gently, her magic carrying her voice across the land, to the minds of certain children. They'd hear it in their dreams...

I hear your voice on the wind
And I here you call out my name
"Listen my child, " you say to me
"I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call and I'll set you free..."

((OOC: Bonus points if you know this song.))

Last edited:

Jessie felt the pull first as she was washing Mumble. The dog whined about it, not liking her beautiful fur to get wet, but it had to be done. "Quiet, ye big complainer. Lordy, it's only for a few minutes."

She ignored it at first, and after a few minutes, it went away. A woman's voice echoed in her mind, and Jessie found herself humming along to it. She was sure she had never heard it before in the waking world. Something out of her dreams, something that wouldn't go away. Mumble got dried, and she was quickly running through the fields, chasing down the sheep, the wind drying her even more. This made Jessie grin, and she climbed atop a fence, watching the edges of the field for wolves or coyotes. Probably wouldn't get any today. She hadn't seen hide nor hair of a coyote in a fortnight, and she didn't expect to see one today.

Answer my call and I'll set you free...

Jessie blinked, and found herself in the middle of the field. Lordy, how'd I do that? I was on the fence not a second ago!

She went back to the fence, and felt that same pull, that same woman's voice singing in her head. She managed to stay rooted to the spot, but the pull was undeniably there. Maybe I'm getting that travel itch. Pa told me about it, I'll ask him at dinner.

Jessie had dropped her apple, and she just let it stay in the dirt. Eventually, Mumble came back, and the two of them went to the shade of a nearby tree. Jessie scratched behind Mumble's ears, thinking. "It'd be real nice if I could just leave. And I feel I should, anyhow. What's left for me here but a couple of no-good kids and a town fulla gossip? I want a real adventure. Just one, and then I'll come back. You'll come with me, won't you Mumble?"

The dog made a sound in its throat, sounding a bit like a mumble; hence her name. "Yeah. Pa and Ma will miss me, I guess. But not that much, seeing as how Ma's already gonna get herself another babe. And she's got Jerry and little Tom. What does she need me fer?"

Jessie wiggled her fingers, and the shade of the tree shifted and twisted. It looked like there was a man standing atop the tree, waving at her. Jessie smiled and dropped her hand. The tips of her fingers felt cold, like they always did when she played around with her magic. She sighed, and got up. "Come on, Mumble. We best go inside and tell Ma and Pa what we's gonna do."

She went inside to dinner; rabbit stew, again. Jerry and Tom were being fed, and when Jessie piped up about leaving, all commotion stopped. Even Tom stared at her, and he was four.

Ma spoke first. "You're gonna what, honey? Leave? Now why would you leave? Lordy, we need you to help with the sheep and cattle!"

"Ma, I gotta," Jessie told her. "I just got this feeling. Besides, Jerry's old enough to watch the sheep."

The conversation quickly spiraled out of control, and it made Jessie want to shut her ears to it. With it like this all the time, Jessie didn't know why she didn't leave sooner.

Eventually, just before she went to bed, her Pa sat her down. "Jessie, I have to tell you something. You've heard of Roger Daveedi, haven't you?"

"Sure, Pa. Everyone's heard of him."

Her pa looked a bit shaken, but he coughed. "Well, good. Here's a travelling pack I prepared for you. It's got most things you'll need. Blankets, food, flint and steel, extra leather for your boots. And a comb. Your Ma put in the comb. A few knives..."

Jessie took the pack, grateful but a little confused. "What about Roger Daveedi? Where ye going to tell me something about him?"

Her Pa looked at her and shook his head, hesitating a bit. "No, no. You be careful out there, won't you?"

"Yes Pa. I'll start tomorrow."

The next morning she was on the road, excited, Mumble treading besides her. She didn't know where the pull was taking her, but she intended to find out.

A few weeks later she arrived at the tavern, Veronica's tavern, and despite having no money, she went inside the tavern and found a small table to sit at. The waitress noticed Mumble sitting besides her, but seemed to be too busy to notice. Dead tired, Jessie didn't even realize she was playing with the shadows that the candle on her table cast onto the wall. As far as she could tell, she was heading west. But where the woman was supposed to be taking her, she had no idea. Even now she felt the pull, the constant pull that had guided her for weeks. "Listen my child you say to me," Jessie sung quietly to herself. "I am the voice of your history... Oh Lordy, I wish she'd stop that singin'."

((OOC: It is very far from my best work but I'm exhausted and I want to use the sleeps. So here y'all go! Have fun :) ))

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Eliasdagood Eliasdagood redvelvethedgehog redvelvethedgehog Lost Lost Randomfella Randomfella Svisttt Svisttt Ufomi Ufomi

Silan Munroe (iT'S ALMOST 6 IN THE MORNING I NEED SLEEP I'M SORRY IF THIS IS KINDA BAD)

He didn't know where he was going, and even if he did, he didn't have a clue as to why he had decided to uproot everything he had ever known, only to receive sore feet and a hungry stomach.

Though he had set to a relatively rushed pace weeks ago when he had first begun walking to... where ever he was going, Silan had long since abandoned such hurried movements, taking to much more sluggish and sleepy steps the farther his feet carried him. He tried to stay positive despite the exhaustion and hunger that set in daily- he was beginning to regret not packing more food, or at least a bit of money to get him by. Part of him felt he deserved this though, knowing this was what he gets for walking out on his family. It was, is, selfish of me.

But doing this... it felt right.

"Be not afraid, come follow me~."

As he traveled, Silan often found himself humming an oddly familiar melody, recalling a voice, a song, he'd heard in dreams. He had grown fond of the tune, taking comfort in the music that appeared oh-so often in his sleep when all else around him felt foreign. Sometimes the damn bird that followed him around, the raven he'd saved years ago and grown to call Indy, tried singing along with Silan when he decided to show himself, albeit a bit poorly. He couldn't fault the poor thing for trying though, and clapped in a one man applause for Indy when their singalongs were over. He appreciated having Indy around, the bird made for surprisingly good company, and Silan made sure to heal up any scrapes the thing picked up. Sort of as a way to show thanks to it for staving off some of the loneliness he felt.

He passed through many towns and villages, always eager to see something other than the roads he trudged along. Of course, sight seeing wasn't the only reason he dropped by the little communities- the slim chance of getting a bit of food or some place to sleep that was a little warm and dry was too great to resist. Not even the strange compulsion to keep moving west could pull him away, at least for a little while. Silan knew he had to keep going forwards, whether he wanted to or not. At least until this need tugging at him was satisfied, which could very well either be when he'd walked around the whole world or simply carked it. Silan still wasn't sure what all of this would result in- was any of it even worth it?

Eventually, he found himself in a rather cozy little place called Gordell, and after eagerly chatting to a few of its residents to get some sense of where he was going, Silan wasted no time in finding the village's tavern. Though the building was packed with people and the noise was already getting to be a bit much for him, he still managed to breathe a sigh of relief as he slumped into a vacant seat without too many people around him, stretching his arms high above his head with a yawn. Silan wouldn't have put it past himself if he managed to fall asleep right where he was.

Picking at one of the bandages wrapped around his arm, he glanced out the window beside him to see Indy perched outside on the sill, gazing in a way Silan could only describe as judgingly at the tavern's patrons. He gave the bird a little wave before folding his arms on the table and cradling his head, fighting off the urge to take a nap as he studied the customers with the raven. Silan couldn't help but quietly hum the ever present melody he couldn't quite get out of his head, only briefly stopping to wonder, not for the first time, where he'd picked it up from.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Yatasal Yatasal Ufomi Ufomi Eliasdagood Eliasdagood redvelvethedgehog redvelvethedgehog Randomfella Randomfella Lost Lost (just gonna tag all of you for now tbh jgbarjsby)

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; //This is the line dividers in the code, the tiny ones.// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Above is the background color and main border// //below are the two borders around the image// [/class]
3131c352c60fa0d14a4ade8cdfd40f8a.jpg
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: I Mentioned: I Located:
[div class="Lines"]
Ri had gathered a few things, most importantly pens and ink. For weeks she's felt this calling, something taking her out west. While helping her father she would hum the haunting tune that seemed to come from her dreams. There wasn't much fondness in her heart for dreams. Most times they turned to nightmares and it bothered her greatly. However this song, the voice telling her to go. Seemed soothing. Seemed right. She had everything she needed and could just make anything else later. The glittering of metal shone in the corner of her eye, her father's old sword. He did say its better to defend yourself than depend on others. Quietly she slid it off its place on the wall. It was early morning then, it would be best not to disturb him. There was a small shing as the girl placed it into a sheath she secured on her belt.

"And what, pray tell, are you doing Ricollete?" An exasperated sigh followed. slowly the caught teenager turned around.

"Maaaayyyybe." She smiled sheepishly. "It's the dreams dad. I need to find out what it is." Ri sighed.

"I know.....I understand dear." He stepped towards her and held her close. Ri raised a brow and just hugged him back. "Break my sword though girl and I'll personally drag you home to make me a new one though. 1 He laughed and she chuckled.

"I won't break it. Promise."

"Riiiii" He gave her that 'I know you better' look.

"I swear, you'll get it back in one perfect piece Father." She chuckled and they let go of each other.

"Be careful ok? Don't let anyone see you use your abilities out there, they won't know you as the troublemaker of the town haha."

Ricollete rolled her eyes. "I know, I know."

"I love you Ricollete, come back when you've figured it out. I'll make sure you have a home to return to."

She smiled softly, "I love you too, thanks dad." A few steps to the door, a creak of it opening. He told her to wait, "Yeah?" Her head turned to look back at him.

"If this has something to do with you're mother, you be extra cautious. alright?"

"Alright, Bye Father...I’ll see you when I see you." They parted and she started heading west into the forest. He...He never mentioned her mother. Why, Why would this be about a woman she never knew? Some one she never gave more than a moments thought? In the end it was decided to just keep an eye out for mentions of her mom and not to worry about it now. The worries of the moment should be on the forest and getting out of it. Her mind turned to on the now and not the later but she couldn't help but think of the fun behind it all. The trees, the travel, the potential of meeting new people. It was all grand thoughts of presenting herself as the fearless adventurer she thought herself to be.

As the journey went on she mostly wrote food to life and occasionally a shelter from the rain. As long as there was something to write with and on she found it easy to track between the trees. Though the food was never as tasty as the home grown fruits and homemade bread. Her presence in the foliage attracted a rather unusual friend. An all black cat that was a little too curios. Ri started to feed her and they stayed together during the trek. Eventually Ricollete named her Nera and soon the cat became brave enough to climb on the girl and insist on a shoulder perch, despite Ri’s attempts to keep her from clambering onto her.

Often she found herself talking to the feline, when they found themselves out of the woods she held Nera up and twirled her around. The cat mewed crossly But Ricollete laughed and let the cat sit on her shoulders as thy made their way to a road. The road eventually led to a small town, a bit like her own. It was nice. The tavern seems to be really busy. Maybe she could grab real food, maybe some directions on what actually lies west of here, maybe she could find an inn and sleep in a real bed. Though honesty she was doing pretty good for herself with the traveling. There were times where climbing led to falling, jumping led to tumbling and many other thing that led to scrapes and bruises. So far, she was fine and with that Ri entered the tavern.

I was full of people. She looked around, who to ask, where to order. Hmmm. The girl waltz up to the bar bit something caught her eye. A bird, no...a raven. “Nera don’t you dare.” It was to late the feline in her arms jumped out and bounded for the bird. “Nera!”She shouted And chased her to the boy with the bird. He looked asleep, but he was humming a familiar tune, something she remembered dreaming about. He had a familiar mop of hair and the raven seems to dislike her, a lot. She poked him. “Hey.” To looked at him and scooped up Nera, who disliked being held at the moment and jumped back onto the table. “Nera no.” Ri chuckled as the cat circled the bird, stepping on the boy’s arms a bit. “Haha sorry, she’s wild, guessing she likes your Raven.” [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
Anya is getting pretty annoyed. She’s already had to stop and rest several times, and she’s shaking a bit. She is so scared, and she feels so alone. There aren’t any people around to give her directions, none living at least, and even if there were, she would have to trust her horse to follow the paths.

She lays down in the grass, only for her head to hit a rock. She groans, curling up on the ground. She wants to cry. She doesn’t know how much longer she can keep up the journey. All she knows is the direction. She doesn’t even know how much further.

She looks up, seeing a ghost kneeling beside her. She listens carefully, hearing the indistinct whispers, and focusing hard to make them make sense. He says that there’s an inn just a little further. She gets up, and mounts her horse again, thanking the spirit for his guidance, and asking if he wants to join her for a bit.

He smiles, and the rest of the journey is a lot easier, with him guiding her. His name is Thomas, and ironically, he died after getting lost in this region. Maybe she shouldn’t be letting him lead the way, but he seems genuine, and it isn’t long before she hears voices.

She ties her horse horse up in one of the stalls, and walks inside, immediately tripping over the threshold, and tumbling to the ground with a cry. Gods damn it, she’s going to be robbed again at this rate. Maybe Thomas will help her with that. She walks up toward the bar to take a seat with a sigh.

She turns her head, hearing a bit of a commotion going down. Two human souls, two animal souls, all living. She’s a little bit worried that the bird won’t remain that way very long. Well, this should be interesting.
AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Svisttt Svisttt Yatasal Yatasal

PAYTH
not all gifts are blessings ...
{OOC: Here's the revised, reviewed, and re-proofed intro. And I've marked the out-of-characterness, too! Just as a reminder, Payth's abilities allow those around him to feel his emotions; and to be extra explicit about which emotions, I'll be marking emotions in bold, just like I will dialogue.}
His day began with a pink sky.

It was a gentle color this time. Cloudless. The sun must've been setting, because he watched as the shades turned from brighter peaches to mellower lavenders, watched as the stars began to wink into existence. Not too many right now. Just a few of the brighter ones, little pinpricks that grew whiter against a slowly darkening backdrop. Peaceful. Content. Simple, level, unthinking enjoyment. He'd forgotten what it was like to stop and simply . . . watch. Watch like there was nothing in the world. Fuzzy happiness.

He blinked. He was looking at the sky, but he was on the ground. On his back.

Mild confusion. Slow, muggy wondering-puzzlement.

He was looking at the sky, but he couldn't recall when he'd began looking. His eyebrows drew down into a harder confusion. Why was he looking at the sky?

Hard-sharp question-worry. He sat up. Looked to the left. To the right. Rising-panic-scared spike. He didn't know where he was. He didn't recognize anything. There was something like a tavern next to him, and he couldn't remember how he'd got here.

Terror. Not again. Blunt, dread-understanding.

He'd been nightwalking again. And it was getting worse.

He heard an extra bawdy peal of laughter with the brittle sound of glass breaking come from within the tavern--which, from a quick look around, seemed like the only decent gathering place round about. He stared. Unwilling resent-accept. He'd have to ask someone for directions.

He rose to his feet, paused behind the entrance, then swung open the twin shuttered doors. The increased volume hit him--and along with it, the intoxicating smells and garish lights--but he only needed to look a moment before spotting a few kids roughly his age surrounding a table. Better them than the others. Resolve. Trepidation. Resolve.

And then a cat suddenly sprang at a raven.

Or maybe not.

... but I'd like to believe my thorns come with roses.

Svisttt Svisttt , AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Last edited:
Santo Guineth
Veronica's Tavern​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
On the Road
"How much further must I go?" Santo questioned himself as he continued west, at this rate he would past any town he knew of, yet the voice continued to rattle through his mind, infecting his every thought. He had run into little trouble on the way, yet his own mind still struck at him like a surplus of needles. Santo raised his right hand before his face, observing every crevice of it as he walked, following the veins that ran down his arm. He could hear the blood pump, feel it rush through each capillary, the desire to unleash it growing as if he were an addict within arms reach of his next fix. Shaking his head, Santo placed his arm back to his side, trying to throw the thoughts from his head, though they would never stop, and the same went for the incessant singing that longed for him.

Tavern
Santo had been sitting for a slight while before the others had arrived, though he kept to himself, often having more to worry about than the in and outflow of strangers through Veronica's doors. He didn't plan to stay long, whatever this song was, he wanted it to stop as soon as possible, and a part of him desired to discover what it all meant, if it wasn't simply his mind playing tricks on him. A notion he had long imagined, perhaps if he simply let loose once in a while... No. Not after what happened all those years ago.

Still, the song would not stop, would it not let him rest? "Listen my child you say to me, I am the voice of your history."
"Shut it!" Santo hushed to himself, lightly slamming his fist on the table before him, before his blue eyes suddenly opened in a bout of shock. This was not a thought in his mind. Slowly, his hooded head turned behind himself to observe where the silent song had come from, noticing a child sitting alone, bar her dog, a peculiar sight indeed, then again, he knew too well how even the young could end up alone in such a place.
"That song..." He spoke up, his somewhat deepened voice barely audible to those surrounding. "Where did you hear it?" He questioned, hardly able to hide the desperation in his voice, try as he might, his face scoured with bags that made it seem as if he had not slept in weeks, silver strands of hair hanging down from the hood that adorned his head.

Yatasal Yatasal

"That song... Where did you hear it?"
Jessie looked up, and pushed her hood back a bit. A younger guy was looking right at her in earnest. Mumble made a low sound in her throat, not a growl, though it might've sounded like one to a stranger. "Um... I didn't hear it anywhere. It's just in my head, all the time. Why? You know it?"

TRAVELLING

Mare had been walking for more than one day. She needed to get out of the house she was currently living in. Her relationship with her father was a toxic one. She could never explore her own abilities due to her father surpressing the magic.Hoping this journey would let her explore those abilities, she felt as though this was her best option to breathe. Each night was the same, staying up and left with her thoughts. The one song that she heard in her mind, the one thing she would keep from her father. The one memory she kept safe. She was growing weary after running out of the food and water she thought would last her at least of few days during her journey, that was until she found the Tavern.... Oh thank god, somewhere to rest, She also hoped this tavern would at least bring some comfort.

INSIDE THE TAVERN

When the door closed behind Mare, She could already see a few characters of interest already gathered at one of the booths. Her anxiety started to spike as she made her way over to the group. Would this group help her find what she was searching for? Refuge from a father she was barely even close to? After a sheltered childhood, it really affected her social interactions. Right as she made her final step she just listened to their conversations. She didn't want to intrude if everyone was busy.

Yatasal Yatasal Svisttt Svisttt Eliasdagood Eliasdagood AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Silan Munroe (i need to stop writing these posts at 6 in the morning running off nothing but tea and spite)

He had just about gotten accustomed to the tavern's noise, falling into a sense of calm he had missed having during his travels as he watched the steady flow of people wandering in and out of the building. Silan was a bit surprised to see a few kids who looked roughly his age, give or take a few years, walk into the tavern unaccompanied by anyone else. Frowning a little, he wondered where their parents were, or some sort of adult at least, and whether or not they lived here in this little village or if they were just passing through, like he was. And if they were travelers, wasn't it dangerous for them to be going off alone?

Bit hypocritical, aren'tcha Sil?

Chewing his lip, he looked down and studied the grain of the wood his arms rested on as though it were simply the most fascinating thing in the room. It wasn't. But it was something to focus on, something to distract himself from the younger patrons now strewn about the tavern. It was silly, and he knew it was, but seeing them for the briefest of moments reminded Silan of his family again. Of home, and the guilt he'd tried so hard to repress during his time by himself. He regretted simply leaving without even saying goodbye to his parents and explaining where he was going- although he wasn't even sure of that himself. He just hoped when all of this was over they'd understand, or at least didn't force him to clean animal dung til' he was 20.

His guilt was suddenly replaced with... a peculiar sense of dread. Silan glanced up a little, frowning as he tried to place a cause for the apprehension coursing through him. Humming softly again in an attempt to soothe himself, he was ready to assume after a few moments it was just him being a little paranoid, until he heard a girl yell-

And then a cat black as the night outside came bounding towards his table.

No, not the table-

The window. The bird. Indy.

Running off flashes of panic, Silan quickly stood, ready to either scare the damn thing away or somehow catch it, although much to his relief the girl, who he assumed was the cat's owner, scooped the furball into her arms. Indy sought out safety on Silan's shoulder, loudly cawing at the cat writhing in its owner's arms. Wincing a little at the sound, he felt his cheeks go hot as he noticed glances being thrown their way. Sliding back into his seat awkwardly, he watched cautiously as Indy defiantly hopped off of his shoulder and onto the wooden table, as though testing to see what the feline would do. It squirmed out of the girl's arms, landing on the table and circling the raven.

"Is- ah, uhm...-" Silan barely managed to get words out as he kept an eye on the two animals, praying to whatever was out there listening the cat didn't try to make its own dinner tonight. His eyes kept flickering up to the girl in front of him every now and then- he was unable to shake how eerily familiar she looked. Clearing his throat a little, Silan managed to get a few words out, although he found himself avoiding eye contact with her, "Cat. It's... cute? Yours?"

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; //This is the line dividers in the code, the tiny ones.// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Above is the background color and main border// //below are the two borders around the image// [/class]
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Svisttt Svisttt I Mentioned: Ufomi Ufomi I Located: Tavern; Introducing herself
[div class="Lines"]
"Is- ah, uhm...-" Silan barely managed to get words out as he kept an eye on the two animals, praying to whatever was out there listening the cat didn't try to make its own dinner tonight. His eyes kept flickering up to the girl in front of him every now and then- he was unable to shake how eerily familiar she looked. Clearing his throat a little, Silan managed to get a few words out, although he found himself avoiding eye contact with her, "Cat. It's... cute? Yours?"
Ri chuckled as he spoke, and suddenly felt...a sense of resolve? She looked back for a moment. Seemed like this raven was full of lore young people than drunkards. Odd... Anyways. Ricollete Turned back to the boy and Raven. ”More or less she’s mine. I’ve been calling her Nera for days...weeks? I don’t know. But she seems to be fond of your raven. I...I’ve only ever seen one this close once before...then an accident happen haha. “ A chuckle escaped her as Nera sniffed the raven and sat by it. Seeming content on her inspection .

“Anyways, I guess I’d like to ask if I can join you here?” Though already she sat down in front of him, petting Nera gently, though the raven seemed very...distrust full of Ri. “I don’t think it likes me, but it seems ok With Nera.” She chuckled, smiling at the guy. He seemed shy, “I’m Ri, short for Ricollete.” [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
Silan Munroe

Silan watched the cat, who's name was apparently Nera, relaxing a little now that the two animals seemed... at least a bit more tolerant of each other. He gave a quick nod when the girl asked to join him- even though she was already seated, but that was alright. Leaning back in his seat, Silan watched while Indy stared the girl in front of him down, spreading his wings out a bit and chittering softly. Silan gently stroked the back of the raven's head with a finger before folding his hands in his lap, picking at little hangnails as the girl commented on how Indy didn't seem too fond of her. "Ah... y-yeah! Not sure... what's gotten into him- Indy, that is. The bird. Raven." Granted, Indy usually stayed away from people, so Silan didn't really have much to go on.

"He, uhm, followed-" He quickly cut himself off, clearing his throat a little as he tried passing it off as a cough. He realized he couldn't really go into the story, not without leaving more than a few questionable plot holes, anyways. "Found him. I found him-" Silan sort of gestured at Indy's back, at the bare patch where feathers were missing, "I dunno what- what happened to him but ah, big gash. There. See? No feathers." He scratched his cheek a bit nervously, wondering if he was talking too much. Definitely.

"I took 'im home and, and kept him 'til he got better, and, uhm, he's just... kind of stuck around." Silan thought he was... definitely talking too much. Tugging at his ear, he was relieved when the girl introduced herself, nodding a bit in acknowledgment. Ri-co-lette. He tossed the name around in his head a few times, then finally met her gaze and smiled, "Oh! Nice ta meetcha Rico! I'm Silan." He said, fidgeting with his hands again under the table. Glancing around the tavern, Silan shrugged before saying quietly, "Lotsa- lotsa young people here, don'tcha think? Are you travelling or uhm, just- or do you live here in the village?"

Santo Guineth
Veronica's Tavern​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
"I thought I was going crazy." Santo mumbled as his body almost collapsed into his knees in a strange sign of relief, an elongated sigh releasing all the while. "Then again." He continued to mumble into his legs, before rising his body once more to face the girl. An eye crept down to observe what he thought to be a growl, though not for long, more than enough strays running around Heronsnest to know not to stare at the mutt.

"What does it mean?" He asked, in an almost desperate tone, staring straight toward the girl, almost as if he expected her to know the answer. "Why am I asking a young girl about some woman's voice harping through my mind?" Santo could only think to himself after he spoke. "I'm sure I could find out if I just... Let loose a little... Let a little bit out..." He continued in his head, before having a wide-eyed blink, in an attempt to clear the foolish idea.

Yatasal Yatasal

"I thought I was going crazy." Santo mumbled as his body almost collapsed into his knees in a strange sign of relief, an elongated sigh releasing all the while. "Then again. What does it mean?"
Jessie scratched Mumble's ears, and pushed her hood off her face. "Lordy, I don't know. I wish I did. It started at the last full moon. I know because my pa..." Her voice trailed off. She hadn't thought much of her family in the past few weeks, knowing it was hard enough, travelling alone. Lordy, at least she had Mumble. "My pa keeps track of the moons. He's a star scientist, or he wanted to be one. That was before he became a farmer. Anyway, that's when the dreams started. Every night. All I see is a stone column in the middle of a big stone field, and the lady's voice. Singing. All the time. I don't like to sleep now, because her voice is extra strong when the moon's at its peak. Oh, by the way, I'm Jessie. Jessie Smither. And this is Mumble. She's real friendly, so don't be shy."
Almost as soon as she said that, Mumble made her mumbly sound and slid past the young man, going straight towards another group of people. Jessie was exhausted, but she suddenly had a burst of energy as she chased her dog through the crowd of people. The dog had found a cat and a bird, which was just perfect. "Mumble, no!"
Jessie grabbed Mumble's collar. "Come back to the table, girl. Lordy, you'd think you were the one going crazy. I'm so sorry, she really likes other animals."

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Svisttt Svisttt Yatasal Yatasal I Mentioned: N/AI Located: tavern, petting the doggo
[div class="Lines"]
Silan Munroe Silan watched the cat, who's name was apparently Nera, relaxing a little now that the two animals seemed... at least a bit more tolerant of each other. He gave a quick nod when the girl asked to join him- even though she was already seated, but that was alright. Leaning back in his seat, Silan watched while Indy stared the girl in front of him down, spreading his wings out a bit and chittering softly. Silan gently stroked the back of the raven's head with a finger before folding his hands in his lap, picking at little hangnails as the girl commented on how Indy didn't seem too fond of her. "Ah... y-yeah! Not sure... what's gotten into him- Indy, that is. The bird. Raven." Granted, Indy usually stayed away from people, so Silan didn't really have much to go on. "He, uhm, followed-" He quickly cut himself off, clearing his throat a little as he tried passing it off as a cough. He realized he couldn't really go into the story, not without leaving more than a few questionable plot holes, anyways. "Found him. I found him-" Silan sort of gestured at Indy's back, at the bare patch where feathers were missing, "I dunno what- what happened to him but ah, big gash. There. See? No feathers." He scratched his cheek a bit nervously, wondering if he was talking too much. Definitely. "I took 'im home and, and kept him 'til he got better, and, uhm, he's just... kind of stuck around." Silan thought he was... definitely talking too much. Tugging at his ear, he was relieved when the girl introduced herself, nodding a bit in acknowledgment. Ri-co-lette. He tossed the name around in his head a few times, then finally met her gaze and smiled, "Oh! Nice ta meetcha Rico! I'm Silan." He said, fidgeting with his hands again under the table. Glancing around the tavern, Silan shrugged before saying quietly, "Lotsa- lotsa young people here, don'tcha think? Are you travelling or uhm, just- or do you live here in the village?"
Ricollete chuckled. “I prefer Ri but Rico is ok, and yeah. There’s a lot of people our age here. Odd isn’t it?” She was half tempted to stand on the table and just acknowledge them all but his story on Indy intrigued her. “Thats, an odd story honestly because my only other encounter with a raven...it was..” she paused. It was when she accidentally injured that raven in the fort long ago. It couldn’t e the same raven. Hahaha that wound Make him the same...boy....?

Almost as soon as she said that, Mumble made her mumbly sound and slid past the young man, going straight towards another group of people. Jessie was exhausted, but she suddenly had a burst of energy as she chased her dog through the crowd of people. The dog had found a cat and a bird, which was just perfect. "Mumble, no!" Jessie grabbed Mumble's collar. "Come back to the table, girl. Lordy, you'd think you were the one going crazy. I'm so sorry, she really likes other animals."
Though before she could finish her sentence a dog approached them. “Oh my god a pooch!” She smiled and pet the adorable thing as her apparent owner. ”oh don’t worry at all! She’s a beauty.” Ricollete grinned. ”What’s her name? That cats mine, she’s Nera, oh! and I’m Ricollete.” All these animals! And this other girl, it was like a tavern full of friendly surprises huh? All it needed was a proper drunken fight to make a harrowing escape and start an adventure with. Haha. In truth Ri just felt really happy seeing the dog, and Nera was too, peering down at it and mewing curiously the cat seems so adorable at the moment. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

“Oh my god a pooch!” She smiled and pet the adorable thing as her apparent owner. ”oh don’t worry at all! She’s a beauty.” Ricollete grinned. ”What’s her name? That cats mine, she’s Nera, oh! and I’m Ricollete.”
Jessie nodded. "Aye, but she's a handful. This here's Mumble, and I'm Jessie. Sorry about barging in, she's just real friendly and curious. Come on girl, back to our table." Jessie turned away, but Mumble refused to budge. She made her mumbly sound at the cat and bird, and Jessie groaned. Lordy, this was not what she needed tonight. "Mumble--"
I hear your voice on the wind. . .
And I hear you call out my name. . .

Jessie blinked, and found herself standing at the tavern door. Just standing there. She turned around, only a little confused. That had been happening a lot recently, especially when she tried to sleep. She'd settle down for the night somewhere, and by morning would be exhausted and find herself a few miles from where she had been sleeping. She'd have to retrace her steps, get her stuff (and hope that none of it had been stolen) and continue on the journey west. She started sleeping with all of her stuff packed up, and was so tired that she could fall asleep anywhere.
She made her way back to the table, and grabbed Mumble's collar. "Lordy, I'm so tired I'm sleepwalkin' while I'm awake. We better find a place to sleep, eh Mumble?"

Anya has been listening to everyone around her, hearing some people talking about the song in her head. That’s interesting. Maybe they know where she’s going, because she certainly doesn’t.

And then one of them starts walking to the door, the girl. Anya watches her realize where she is, and go back to the souls of the others. She gets up, and carefully makes her way over to them, not wanting to trip again.

“You do that too?” She asks, her voice soft and light. Her eyes are fixed on Jessie’s face, but it’s not that hard to tell that she can’t quite see her. Her body, anyway. Her soul is… quite pretty, actually.

“I mean, not that I normally see where I’m going, but sometimes I see where I’m going a lot less. I don’t even realize I’m going till I’m there.” She adds, in what is quite possibly the worst explanation for sleepwalking in history.

She waits for her answer patiently, smiling at her with a calm, curious light in her blind eyes.
Yatasal Yatasal AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Randomfella Randomfella Svisttt Svisttt

PAYTH
not all gifts are blessings ...
{OOC: Okay, scratch the written emotions. They were as painful to write as they were to read.}
How long had it been? How long had it been? The blackouts had been becoming more frequent, harder to resist, and he couldn't find the words to explain the fear he felt, the creeping horror that lingered during quieter moments. He couldn't explain it. He'd tried to explain it. His mother always listened with gentle concern, but not even she had the answer, and he was starting to wonder if it was something he would ever overcome. Maybe he wouldn't.

He couldn't help dread that blossomed in the pit of his stomach. The question he wouldn't think about directly, the question that danced around the edge of his consciousness, that had crept into his mind during the black hours of night and never left, had sunk its teeth with a coldness that seeped into his blood when he was supposed to be sleeping, supposed to be dreaming, but whispered call to come, come only just quiet enough to be deafening, with the only thing stronger than the call to come, come being his fear to follow--trailed by a paranoia he didn't know existed, a nagging worry that he would be swallowed up in dark magic he no longer had strength to resist, and he couldn't outrun the nightmare that followed him into his waking hours, and the question, he wasn't sure he could avoid the question--

What if he never woke up?

(There was a boy in a tavern, small for his age, and there were tears in his eyes.)

Be calm. Calm. Calm. Exhale.
You're awake. You're here. You're alive. Inhale.
You don't understand what's happening to you, and that's okay. It's all right to be afraid. Exhale.
It may get better, and it may not. You don't know. It's normal to worry. You're normal. It's normal right now. Normal again.
Nightwalking has always worried you, and of course it has; it worries you because you don't want to lose everything. It would be odd not to be concerned when you wake up in a strange place with no recollection of how you arrived.

He didn't know how to fix this, didn't know if it could be fixed; but it was go home and pretend like he wasn't dripping into insanity, or succumb to the infernal urge and give up; lose his mind or lose himself entirely. He didn't have a choice.

Oddly enough, repeating what he felt was true made it easier to bear. He was all right now. He wasn't perfect, but at least his emotions weren't running haywire. Keeping them in check was good. Doubly so since his emotions could very quickly upset other people. He wished he could feel frustrated with himself for slipping into panic so easily, but he knew panic was a normal (albeit unfortunate) reaction to waking up in a new environment resulting from a fear that had plagued him for months. Better to get it over with. At least now his emotions wouldn't lead him.

After another breath to gather some resolve--with a hope that (1) he hadn't affected the tavern's patrons too much, and (2) they hadn't noticed he'd been the cause--he approached the table with people of his same age. "Sorry." He was. He didn't want to draw more attention than needed, and he honestly didn't like interrupting whatever conversation they were having. "Where are we?" His own quiet voice sounded strange, even to himself, in stark contrast to the easygoing, talkative voices around him. "And, if I can ask, what day is it?"
{OOC: I really hadn't meant to write much. Curse it all. I'll keep 'em smaller in the future, my friends. Svisttt Svisttt , AgWordSmith AgWordSmith , and whoever else is near this table now.}

... but I'd like to believe my thorns come with roses.

Last edited:
Leon gave an involuntary sigh of relief as he crested the hill and Gordell entered his view. It was a small village, and while many might find it a rather unimpressive sight, he could barely contain his excitement as he hurried towards the settlement. After all, where there was a town, there was an inn, and a night in an inn was a night not spent on the cold, hard ground.

The thought made him laugh. Weeks ago, he never would have imagined he'd ever be camping in the forest, longing for a bed. He had rarely left his house at all back in Cynta, let alone for a whole night.

Then again, I wasn't hearing voices in my head back then, was I? The thought sobered his mood as his mind turned to the woman's call. He'd tried to avoid thinking about it, tried to pretend it wasn't there. Some nights- the ones where the voice felt distant- he almost could. Others, it was unbearable, like a constant, deafening waterfall, drowning out all but the draw westward. During those times, he could do little but follow the trail onward.

Many of the people along the way shot him perplexed glances, and a few had even asked what a young lad like him was doing, so far from home. He revealed little of his true purpose, his sudden desire to go west, at the beck and call of a voice yet unfamiliar to him. Instead, he stuck with a simple story; he was a mere traveler, looking for work. It was hardly the exciting answer most seemed to expect, let alone a satisfying one, but it worked well enough. Too elaborate a tale would only raise more questions, after all.

He tried to tell himself he lied because the voice was his problem alone, one only he could solve, but in truth, he was afraid; afraid they'd think him a fool, a madman. Afraid that they'd be right. Whatever the case, mad or not, he knew he had to follow the call. He wouldn't be free of it otherwise.

Shaking the thoughts away, Leon limped into the village. His gaze danced between the different buildings, dwelling only long enough to ascertain its purpose, before he spotted what he was looking for. It was a large, plain structure, with raucous laughter coming from within. A mediocre inn, to be sure, but it wasn't the worst he'd seen. Perhaps he could even find a gambling table to whittle away the time...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Leon tumbled out of the inn with a thud, mud splashing up as he landed. He lay there for a moment, dazed, before another, larger man stormed out of the building, face red with anger. "You cheated me, boy," he growled.

Briefly, Leon considered standing, perhaps even running, but he knew the thought to be a foolish one. Even if he could stand- which, with the way his limp ached, he wasn't sure he would be able to- the stranger would be quick to catch him. Leon had wounded his pride, in front of his peers no less, and such a thing was hard for a grown man to forget. No, he'd not be able to escape, not by a longshot. His only choice was to speak with the man, perhaps avoid losing what little gold the stranger hadn't already steal.

"I didn't cheat you," he replied, barely keeping the vexation he felt out of his voice. "We used your dice, the both of us. There's no way I could have switched them, not with all of those people watching."

The man sneered and turned away, walking into the building. "Best you find a new place to stay, boy," he called over his shoulder as he slammed the door, leaving Leon in the mud.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Leon pushed open the door to the tavern with a grunt. After being kicked out of the inn, he'd limped painfully around the town, looking for another place to stay. Needless to say, he had found none, and had settled for Veronica's Tavern instead. It was a popular place, well-favored by travelers, and while he doubted the owners would let him stay the night, it was a place he could sit and let the pain in his leg ease up.

Looking around, he spotted an empty table in the back of the room.

It'll do as well as any, I suppose. He limped over to it rather slowly, slumping into the chair with a sigh.

Jessie turned and nearly ran into another girl. The girl stared at her, but not quite... at her. More like in her general direction. Her eyes were unfocused, and she had the strangest hair Jessie had ever seen. Pure white, like she had just grabbed some snow to whittle into hair strands.
“You do that too? I mean, not that I normally see where I’m going, but sometimes I see where I’m going a lot less. I don’t even realize I’m going till I’m there.”
Maybe it was the girl's unfocused stare, maybe it was her direct question, but the strange white-haired girl made her nervous. Jessie usually liked strangers well enough. It was always interesting to hear their stories. But this girl? No, there was something wrong about her. Jessie put a hand on Mumble, scratching behind the dog's ears.
"Do what?" Jessie asked nervously. "I ain't doing nothing, I just... I just sleepwalk, sometimes. You... You look funny. You a foreigner or something?"
"Sorry. Where are we? And, if I can ask, what day is it?"
Jessie glanced at this newcomer, and suddenly felt on edge. Anxious even. She grabbed Mumble's collar with a new resolve and backed away from the table, moving back towards the one she had first claimed.
The young man from before was still there. She collapsed into her chair, and sighed as Mumble put her head in Jessie's lap. "Lordy, I'm so tired. I could sleep for a week."

Randomfella Randomfella

Last edited:
Silan Munroe (it's once again 6 in the morning!! can't really think straight atm so i'm sorry if a few bits are weird to read <3)

Silan perked up a little when a dog - Border collie? - came over to their table, and though he was a little apprehensive about petting it like Ricolette, he couldn't stop a small smile from spreading across his face. It was a little shocking to see so many animals in here... and even more shocking was how few people were commenting on it. He would've thought he'd get in trouble for even bringing a bird in here, much less a cat or a dog. Indy greeted the pretty dog with a low croak, retreating back towards Silan now that the cat was distracted by some other creature.

The owner of the dog, who introduced herself as Jessie, looked rather young, younger than most of the other patrons Silan was able to see. He couldn't help but feel another pang of worry, but did his best to push it back. He didn't know these people, didn't know what might've led them here and why. All of 'em are probably fine. Quit'cha worrying, Sil. Taking a deep breath, he hesitantly put another smile on and gave Jessie a wave, mumbling something quick about how cute her dog was before glancing down and picking at another bandage nervously. Then, briefly glancing up once more, he realized the girl was suddenly standing by the door without even uttering a goodbye. Which would've been fine, if she hadn't turned around looking about as confused as Silan felt.

She walked back towards their table, tugging at her dog Mumble's collar, "Lordy, I'm so tired I'm sleepwalkin' while I'm awake. We better find a place to sleep, eh Mumble?" Then she turned to walk away, he assumed back to her own table, although she nearly ran right into a girl with stark white hair. He frowned a little- I hadn't even noticed 'er.

He watched the two for a moment, not really registering what they were saying over the sounds of the busy tavern. Absentmindedly, Silan stroked one of Indy's feathers before suddenly tensing up, unable to help feeling very... anxious? He hugged his arms and glanced around nervously, feeling like people were watching him, feeling like eyes were on him, and-

Breathe.

He took in quick shallow breaths and buried his head in his arms, trying to force the panic rising in him down to make sure he didn't have a breakdown in a tavern, for goodness' sake. He was glad when the feeling faded a little, replaced with another peculiar sense of resolve- although it was still tinged with a sick anxious feeling. Rubbing at his eyes, Silan looked up to find another new person at the table, and he wondered for a moment if it'd be socially unacceptable to just walk out the door to avoid talking to more people today. Even if it meant sleeping outside again without a bite to eat.

But he didn't, instead giving another little wave and somehow managing to choke out a reply to his questions, "Gordell. We're in Gordell- that's- that's the village. What it's called," He awkwardly cleared his throat, realizing how stupid he probably sounded clarifying and repeating himself, "Uhm, well, here, here is Veronica's Tavern, I think it's called." Silan wished he could disappear, but tried to laugh at himself a little as he finished, "And, ah, I don't think I can answer that last bit. Lost track."

Anya sighs sadly, seeing a flicker of fear in Jessie’s soul. She thought she would get used to it at first, seeing the fear when she talks to people. She’ll probably never know why they’re so nervous around her. It makes her sad. How is she ever supposed to have friends when everyone she talks to immediately knows something is wrong with her?

She sighs, and makes her way over to where Jessie is sitting. “Me too. The sleepwalking, I mean.” She says softly. “Do you hear the music too? I can’t figure out if that’s normal or not.”

She looks to the boy’s soul as it gets close enough to talk to them. Also alive. She tilts her head. “I’ve never sleepwalked that bad, though. Do you think he needs help?” She can’t do it herself, she knows that. No way she can read a map to get him home.
Yatasal Yatasal

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Svisttt Svisttt Ufomi Ufomi Lost Lost I Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Randomfella Randomfella I Located: the Tacern, offering to pay for food.
[div class="Lines"]
Jessie blinked, and found herself standing at the tavern door. Just standing there. She turned around, only a little confused. That had been happening a lot recently, especially when she tried to sleep. She'd settle down for the night somewhere, and by morning would be exhausted and find herself a few miles from where she had been sleeping. She'd have to retrace her steps, get her stuff (and hope that none of it had been stolen) and continue on the journey west. She started sleeping with all of her stuff packed up, and was so tired that she could fall asleep anywhere. She made her way back to the table, and grabbed Mumble's collar. "Lordy, I'm so tired I'm sleepwalkin' while I'm awake. We better find a place to sleep, eh Mumble?"
“You do that too?” She asks, her voice soft and light. Her eyes are fixed on Jessie’s face, but it’s not that hard to tell that she can’t quite see her. Her body, anyway. Her soul is… quite pretty, actually. “I mean, not that I normally see where I’m going, but sometimes I see where I’m going a lot less. I don’t even realize I’m going till I’m there.” She adds, in what is quite possibly the worst explanation for sleepwalking in history. She waits for her answer patiently, smiling at her with a calm, curious light in her blind eyes.
Ricollete raised a brow as Jessie just stood and went to the door. It was like she was sleep walking or something. Another girl joined in saying it happens to her too. Ri looked back at the boy and his raven, almost asking if he was going to say ‘me three.’ She herself never sleepwalked before. It was just all bad dreams lately and it was nothing she couldn’t handle. The other girl seemed a bit off, maybe she was shy? Her eyes seemed..intriguing.
After another breath to gather some resolve--with a hope that (1) he hadn't affected the tavern's patrons too much, and (2) they hadn't noticed he'd been the cause--he approached the table with people of his same age. "Sorry." He was. He didn't want to draw more attention than needed, and he honestly didn't like interrupting whatever conversation they were having. "Where are we?" His own quiet voice sounded strange, even to himself, in stark contrast to the easygoing, talkative voices around him. "And, if I can ask, what day is it?
Looking around, he spotted an empty table in the back of the room. It'll do as well as any, I suppose. He limped over to it rather slowly, slumping into the chair with a sigh.
Ricollete was about to speak when anxiousness fell over her. Her chest tightened and her words stayed right in her head. What... what hell? She looked around wondering if it was just.....and it was gone. Replaced by resolve Ri felt like that was more like it. She smiled and looked back over at the two girls, noticing some one limping into Tavern. It was some one young as well. She hardly noticed Jessica retreating to her own table As the kid limped to a chair. She couldn’t help but wonder if he was ok. It was odd to see him not even attempt to get help. Then agian, her attention was easily stolen again.
But he didn't, instead giving another little wave and somehow managing to choke out a reply to his questions, "Gordell. We're in Gordell- that's- that's the village. What it's called," He awkwardly cleared his throat, realizing how stupid he probably sounded clarifying and repeating himself, "Uhm, well, here, here is Veronica's Tavern, I think it's called." Silan wished he could disappear, but tried to laugh at himself a little as he finished, "And, ah, I don't think I can answer that last bit. Lost track."
Ri listened to the two boys talking. “Oh that’s easy!” She finally chimes in and told them the date. “Heh, sorry there’s so many things going on I just want to talk to everybody. But I honestly...may just have to keep heading west. Or stay some where to rest a bit. Though, when I travel. I travel in style.” well this was her first time traveling st all haha. Ri chuckles, her eyes flicking back to Jessica and her table, then to the limping boy and back to Silan and the other shorter boy. “Why don’t you sit down with us, I can pay for food if you guys want.” She looked at the shorter boy, having keept a scrap of paper in her pocket with the words ‘just enough gold for purchase’ through out the journey just in case. Hopefully it would work this time around. what do you guys say?” [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

“Me too. The sleepwalking, I mean.” She says softly. “Do you hear the music too? I can’t figure out if that’s normal or not. I’ve never sleepwalked that bad, though. Do you think he needs help?”
Why is she talking to me again? Lordy she's so weird, Jessie thought before she thought better of herself. Why shouldn't the girl talk to her? Especially if she said she sleepwalked too. Maybe she could give some advice--
Music. Did she say music?
"You mean... You hear it too? Listen my child you say to me, I am the voice of your history..." Jessie sang, wondering if this strange girl could complete the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back