• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Villainy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
3131c352c60fa0d14a4ade8cdfd40f8a.jpg
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 I Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal I Located: Same room as Era
[div class="Lines"]
‘HEY EVERYONE, CAN YOU ALL COME HERE FOR A MINUTE OR TWO PLEASE?’ And waited anxiously for a bit. As children came, she would conduct excited head counts every several seconds.
"Sounds like we'll need to be quick about it." A nonchalant tone filled Santo's words, before he turned back to face Ri, a look of ever so slight anticipation across his face. "I'm ready if you are."
"I guess exploring can wait..." She sighed a bit. It must be important but Ri realllly wanted to go out and have some fun. "Lets go see what she needs and then! then we can go back to exploring." Ri kept the smile on her face as they went to Era, a noise in the house, almost like a scream? "Should we check that out?" They had just arrived, within Era's sight and being counted from her excited head count. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Era

But nobody but two came from their rooms before Era heard shrieking—Jessie’s. She froze for several seconds, and then dashed down the hallway. Again, she did not leave the cloak-wrapped lamp behind. Just down the hall from the door, she suddenly doubled over, short of breath and suddenly pale, maybe even green in the face. She had to stop for several seconds to not keel over anyway. She felt a rush of emotions not belonging to her. As soon as the nausea had passed enough that she could stand, Era hurried into Jessie’s room to see her still screaming.

‘Je… Jessie, what’s wrong? What’s wrong? You’re safe, you’re alright. I promise. What’s wrong?’

My ma learned when she was little, but she forgot how. I think my Da never learned neither... No one in Braffield could, except for Ole Man Higgs. And Ma said he was a wizard, so none of us went near him." She shrugged. "Never needed to know how to read, I guess. What's so special about it?"
Leon couldn't keep a boyish, excited grin from spreading across his face. "Countless things! Reading opens up a whole new world of opportunities; there are countless books by countless authors, each telling an entirely different story, building an entirely new world that anyone can explore. And that's not even the half of it! Reading has tons of practical uses, too, such as-"
‘HEY EVERYONE, CAN YOU ALL COME HERE FOR A MINUTE OR TWO PLEASE?’
Leon fell silent as Era yelled down the hallway, and a faint blush colored his cheeks as he realized he had been rambling. "Sorry," he apologized, his grin turning sheepish. "I didn't mean to be so long-winded. "
"Guess we better see what--"

Leon nodded and began to head out of the doorway, oblivious to the fact the Jessie had suddenly cut off. "Yeah, I agree; probably best not to keep Era waiting. Who knows, maybe she's found an explanation for all of this."

He had hardly made it as far as the hall, however, when a scream rang out from behind him. Leon froze in place for but a second before bolting back into the room. "Jessie? Are you okay? What happened?" He looked around for something that could have scared her so badly, but nothing seemed different from a few seconds ago. Nothing he could see, at the very least.
As soon as the nausea had passed enough that she could stand, Era hurried into Jessie’s room to see her still screaming.

‘Je… Jessie, what’s wrong? What’s wrong? You’re safe, you’re alright. I promise. What’s wrong?’
As soon as Era entered the room, Leon reluctantly moved out of the way. For whatever reason, he wanted to stay by Jessie's side, but if this were something like what happened to Anya, some supernatural act of magic, he knew he would only be in the way.

Yatasal Yatasal Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Jessie was screaming, her hands in front of her face. She barely heard Leon's voice, and only just heard Era's. Tears were streaming down her face, and her cheeks and nose were bright red and stinging. Her voice was hoarse from screaming, and Jessie's breaths came in shocking gasps. "He killed her, he killed her..." she gasped between cries. When she saw Era in the room, next to her, Jessie scooted away, curling up. Though she couldn't see him anymore, she could feel him, as if he was a part of her. As if he always had been a part of her--and she didn't know what terrified her more. She was shaking, and she just held her knees.

Mumble came running into the room after Era, and Jessie wouldn't even let Mumble near. Mumble tried to lay next to Jessie, but Jessie shook her head, and started crying again. Mumble went and stood by Leon, making her mumbly growl. It sounded more worried then anything else.

Jessie stared at them all fearfully. "He killed her," she whispered.

Santo Guineth
Town​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
Santo gave a slightly bored shrug at Ri's response, his face seeming to turn stale once more. In truth, he was disappointing, though he couldn't blame the girl, many of them had learnt to rely on the older woman, for most this was their first time away from home after all.

As the scream came from inside, Santo's head snapped back like an owl's, peering in to see where it had come from. "Let's go." He stated bluntly, forcing the door open, and rushing toward what sounded like the young Jessie.

Before long they rushed into the room, the young man having to force his legs to a stop as he stared down at Jessie, who seemed to keep repeating the same words. "He killed her?" Santo's mind repeated her words, confused as to just what she could be talking about. It was as if the child had just awoken from a nightmare, and yet... Surely she hadn't been sleeping, not at this moment.

"Killed who? What's she talking about?" Santo wondered out-loud, looking over toward Era and Leon, though the looks on their faces seemed to resemble his own.

Yatasal Yatasal Lost Lost Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Yatasal Yatasal I Mentioned: Randomfella Randomfella Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 I Located:
[div class="Lines"]
Ri followed the others to Jessie.She seemed like she just came out of a bad dream. What was she talking about? Was it another magic thing or like, a personal thing? She stayed silent, wanting to know more about what was happening. Ri styaed out of Era's way and let her help Jessie. Her gaze landed on Mumble, the poor thing looked worried. She stepped towards Mumble and gave him a little pat, "It'll be ok boy." Ri spoke softly, looking around at the others. [div class="Lines"][/div] [/div]

"So what you're telling me is that you gathered a bunch of children, all with mystical magical powers, brought 'em here, and now one of them's hallucinating," The housekeeper, Samantha, summarized. She folded her arms, shaking her head. "Just when I thought this city couldn't get stranger..."

Jessie sat quietly in the corner. Era had managed to get her to say a few words of what had happened, but Jessie was still reeling from the dream or hallucination or whatever it was, and hadn't been able to fully say what exactly happened. Mumble's head was in her lap, and Jessie absentmindedly scratched Mumble's ears. She didn't want to think about it, much less talk about it, but she knew that it wouldn't do her or anyone else any good if she didn't try to figure out what it was she saw.

Samantha sighed. "You're all lucky Ms. Dee is deaf as a door nail. She'd have my hide if she knew that a bunch of kids were staying in her house. But she takes a lot of naps these days, so I don't imagine she'll be finding out anytime soon. Just try to keep the screaming down to a minimum, alright?"

With that, Samantha muttered a task to herself and left the room, closing the door behind her. They were all sitting in one of the main greeting rooms, with a small firepit in the center of it, specially enchanted to make the smoke go nowhere but straight up. Plenty of couches lined the walls, and the windows were tall and thin, and covered with yellow shade curtains, giving the room a pleasant light. On the tables between the couches Samantha had left some tea and small sandwiches filled with meat and cheese.

Jessie looked to Era. "Sorry, Era... I didn't mean to scream like that..."

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Lost Lost

The city was bustling with activity. Most of the shops were only partway open, and everyone was hanging banners and ribbons and all sorts of decorations. Signs that announced "Happy Anniversary!" were on every building that could hold them. In the village square was a couple of dancers, and to their left were some musicians who were happily providing their music. Occasionally a vendor would call out "Get some fresh bread here! Fresh bread, right outta oven!" or "Mackeral, straight from the shores!" But most people were getting ready for the festivals that would be happening in the next few days.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Randomfella Randomfella

Era

At Samantha’s comments, Era nodded coldly. When she left, the Mage turned to Jessie.

‘Hey, it’s okay. You were scared, and people tend to scream when they’re scared.’

In one of her many journals, Era had scribbled down messy notes of everything Jessie has said about her dream, though it wasn’t much. Right now she was rewriting them to try and neaten them up.

‘They’re just saying for future reference.’ Quietly, she closed the journal and lowered her voice just to Jessie.

‘If you want to talk about the dream again at any point, please don't hesitate to come to me. But if you don’t want to or can’t, that’s alright too okay? I promise you, we’ll figure this out.’

Yatasal Yatasal

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella I Mentioned: Yatasal Yatasal I Located: The city.
[div class="Lines"]
The city was bustling with activity. Most of the shops were only partway open, and everyone was hanging banners and ribbons and all sorts of decorations. Signs that announced "Happy Anniversary!" were on every building that could hold them. In the village square was a couple of dancers, and to their left were some musicians who were happily providing their music. Occasionally a vendor would call out "Get some fresh bread here! Fresh bread, right outta oven!" or "Mackeral, straight from the shores!" But most people were getting ready for the festivals that would be happening in the next few days. AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Randomfella Randomfella
Ri looked around. It was all so exciting! The people, the town, the sights, the smells. "Isn't it all fantastic!" she grinned at Santo. "You've got to admit this is pretty cool." Despite what;'s been happening, it was nice to get out and just breathe and explore. "Oh I wish we could bu everything!" Her head turned to see what every vendor had as they passed by. Her attention was everywhere, her grin wide and bright. This was fun!

Was it?

The cliff face again. Her...him he was there again, taking her away from it. This time Ri looked backed and there...a woman was. Who was she...what did she mean to Ri? Some one else was beside her. The woman waked towards her but Ri stepped back as she approached until her hand touched her cheek. "I'm so sorry, dear one." Ri opens her mouth to speak but the woman gasps at something behind her. Turning she could see it was a dark man in a suit...with a whip. His smile sours, raising the whip at Ri she held her hands up to block it. To her surprise the woman moves right through the girl as if she was a ghost. Catching the whip before it can touch Ri, the two struggle "I'll kill her for what she's done to you." a whisper barely heard by the girl as the woman is shoved aside. The whip raises, The woman's scream fades but Ri's scream echoes around, Stepping back she trips and falls, looking around widely.

"What....what was that..." Ri tried to catch her breath but the...vision? dream? It was all.. confusing. Where... this was the town...she was here walking with Santo...everything is ok... there's nothing wrong...She was.. alright wasn't she? Smile, and feel better.. Nothing is wrong. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

‘If you want to talk about the dream again at any point, please don't hesitate to come to me. But if you don’t want to or can’t, that’s alright too okay? I promise you, we’ll figure this out.’
Jessie nodded. "I guess... I want to know who he is. The man who..." she had trouble getting the words out, and she took a quick breath. She was fighting the impulses that this man was important to her, that he was a part of her somehow. The woman, too. But how could she have any connection to him? Or to the woman he killed? "I just want this to stop. But I also want to know who they are. I'm not crazy. I think..."

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Lost Lost Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Leon stood off to the side of the greeting room, troubled. The dreams had always come at night, for him at least, and none had been so horrible as what Jessie had described. What did it mean, that the mysterious voice's influence had breached the daytime as well, barring the minor blackouts they occasionally had? Could they be getting closer, or was the woman behind it all simply getting impatient? So many questions wrought by so many dreams, and yet no answers in sight.

With a sigh, he pushed off of the wall he was leaning against, his eyes on the plate of food Samantha had left. It would certainly be nice to have something other than dried meat, for a change. Maybe later, when the others are back, and the topic not quite so serious.

"I just want this to stop. But I also want to know who they are. I'm not crazy. I think..."

"You're not crazy, Jessie," Leon replied with an attempt at a reassuring smile. "None of us are." At least, I hope not, he added mentally.

Suddenly, the world lurched, and Leon found he was no longer in the greeting room. Rather, he was on a cliff, standing dangerously close to the edge. The place tugged at his memory, but he couldn't quite grasp why. It was like his head was stuffed with wool; everything was hazy, and what should have been, was not. He'd been here before, hadn't he? No, that wasn't right; he had barely traveled through a few towns, let alone climbed a mountain. So why did it feel so familiar? Leon tried to puzzle it out, tried to remember, but his head was too muddled. The ledge caught his eye, and he found himself stepping towards it, almost instinctively. Maybe it would help him, stepping off. He certainly wanted to, though he had no idea why. Everything was just so fuzzy. Burn me, why can't I remember this place?

Before he could take another, fatal step, Leon felt a tug on his arm. He turned with a frown to see Jessie trying to pull him away from the precipice. "I have to jump," he replied, then his frown deepened. That sounded wrong; why did he have to jump? Shaking his head in confusion, he let Jessie pull him away. She only continued onward for a few more feet, turning around. For a moment he thought she was going to continue back around to the cliff, but instead, she released his hand and simply watched. Leon slowly turned, too, and when he once again faced the edge, he stepped back in surprise.

A man and a woman stood where he once had, watching him. The man was well-dressed, in a military uniform with a long, billowing red cape. In contrast, the woman wore a simple white dress, nothing near as ornate as the man. When she noticed him looking, she smiled warmly, and Leon felt a pang in his heart, though he knew not why.

In a flash, the man was in front of the woman, pushing her off of the cliff. She didn't scream, didn't lash out, only watched the man with sad resignation in her gaze. Leon wanted to move - whether to run towards the woman or away from the man, he did not know - but his limbs wouldn't respond.

The man turned cold, hard eyes to Leon, and his breath caught in his throat. He was in Cynta again, eyeing the door drowsily. The sun had long since set over the mountains, the sky turned the telltale black of night, and yet the old man still wasn't home. His father often left the house - to get away from him, he was sure - but never so late, nor so long. If Leon didn't know any better, he might have been worried. But Cynta, for all of its many flaws, was not a place where men simply disappeared. As if to illustrate that point, the door swung open...

The man began to charge, his once-cold eyes now blazing with rage. Leon gasped as he was slammed against the wall, his breath knocked out of him. It took him a moment to shake off the shock, to breathe, but he only managed to catch a whiff of booze before his father's hands clamped down harder. Fear gripped him - He's going to kill me, Leon thought - and frantically he tried to kick the man off. His father's grip was like iron, however, steadfast amidst his struggling. Leon could do nothing, nothing but stare into his hateful blue eyes.

"You're no son of mine, you pathetic wretch!" his father spat.
"Pathetic wretch!" the strange man echoed as he lunged for Leon.

Leon stumbled back, wheezing, as the vision faded. His eyes darted around madly for a few seconds, searching for the man, or his father, or both, before he realized neither were in sight. Tentatively, he brought a shaking hand to his neck. No marks, no pain. Just a lingering memory. A memory, and something else.

Yatasal Yatasal Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Era

You’re not insane, Era was about to say. Leon, standing by the doorway, beat her to it, so she simply looked over and nodded her head in agreement. When she did, though, she noticed that he no longer seemed there.

Era looked over her shoulder at the cloak-wrapped lantern by her chair before she got up from it. To do so had, in the past many days, become instinctive habit.

Snatching up her journal under her arm again, Era hurried over to Leon. Soon, the fog seemed to leave his eyes.

‘Are you alright? Do you know where you are currently, right now? Do you know who I am?’

Lost Lost

"You're not crazy, Jessie," Leon replied with an attempt at a reassuring smile. "None of us are."
Jessie managed to give Leon a small smile. Leon was really smart--Jessie knew that for a fact. So if he said so, then it must be so. She scratched Mumble's ears, and swallowed hard. She wanted to get past this, wanted to know what it all meant. The desire to know caught in her chest, leaving a heavy weight that tangled up Jessie's heart. More than desire, she needed to know.
She looked at Leon, but his eyes had become unfocused. Almost in a trance, he started to move around the room, as if in a dazed dream. Or a hallucination... A thought confirmed when Leon said, out loud, "I have to jump."
Jessie got Mumble off of her, and watched Leon carefully. Was he seeing the same thing as she did? If so, what did that mean?

Leon stumbled back, wheezing, as the vision faded.
"Leon!" Jessie cried out, and rushed forward. Era also came forward, standing besides Leon. Jessie knelt in front of him, Mumble on Leon's other side. His eyes cleared, the trance-like vision gone. His breathing came out haggard at first, and he slowly got a handle on it.
‘Are you alright? Do you know where you are currently, right now? Do you know who I am?’
Jessie couldn't help her own questions pouring out of her mouth after Era's interrogation. "Did you see him? The... The man? Or the really weird lady? Or the cliff?"

Leon shut his eyes tight and forced himself to take a deep breath. He could still see the woman falling, could feel the man's cold, hateful gaze bearing into him. And the painful memories of his father, of that horrible night he had tried so hard to forget, brought to the surface in mere moments... No, he was far from all right. But there were bigger problems than his feelings, and he knew there was already enough worry to go around, between Anya's possession and Jessie's breakdown. He didn't need to add to that, not if he could help it.

"I'm fine. Memory's as good as usual, which isn't saying much," he added with a grin.
"Did you see him? The... The man? Or the really weird lady? Or the cliff?"
Leon nodded as he got to his feet, trying his best to sound lighthearted. "Yeah, I did. The man charged at me like a maniac. Screamed a few things, too, though I didn't quite catch what."
Yatasal Yatasal Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

"Yeah, I did. The man charged at me like a maniac. Screamed a few things, too, though I didn't quite catch what."
Jessie nodded. "Was he wearing a red cape, with a really big sword? Did you feel... like he was a part of ya?"

Jessie didn't know why, but she had a sneaking suspicion that Leon had seen the same man that she had. So many questions spun around in her mind, and she waited eagerly for Leon to answer them so she could ask more. Always at the back of her mind was the call west, and Jessie knew that she wouldn't be able to stay in the city for much longer. She needed to get west--she just hoped the others felt the same way.

Santo Guineth
Town​
Nodding, Santo continued his dead stare forward, pretending to listen. No matter what he seemed to do, he couldn't get his mind off of what was happening, with Anya, and now Jessie... Well, with all of them. "Yeah, it's..." He started another mundane response to the bubbling Ri, before noticing a strange occurrence... She had stopped, not just talking, but seemed to go completely blank. "R- Ri?" His gazed moved over to her, looking up and down as he attempted to figure out why she had stopped, but it didn't take long for her to speak up again, almost as if being snapped out of a trance.

"What was what?" He asked, confused, and somewhat concerned at the girl's sudden change in tone, not even the smile on her face could sway the obvious fact that something had gotten to her. "Are you alright?" Santo could only wonder, staring at her in confusion, though in truth he was not only worried, but intrigued. All that was happening with them, it was mysterious, to say the least, and the young man longed to know what it all meant, it was obvious on his face as he pierced into the girl's eyes.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

"Was he wearing a red cape, with a really big sword? Did you feel... like he was a part of ya?"
"He did have a red cape, yeah. A sword too, I think, though I didn't get a good enough look to be sure." At Jessie's second question Leon froze. He remembered the man's cold stare, so much like his father. He remembered the feeling of dread, of terror, as the man charged forward in a murderous rage And beneath it all, a prick of familiarity, like the man was-

"No, I didn't," Leon answered quickly with a nervous laugh. "Felt a whole lotta crazy coming off him, but not that."

Yatasal Yatasal

"No, I didn't. Felt a whole lotta crazy coming off him, but not that."
Jessie's eyes drooped. The same man, but not the same feeling. Maybe she really was going bonkers. She nodded vaguely, and looked at him earnestly. "You feeling alright now?"
Part of her wondered how he was able to recover so quickly. It took an hour before Era could calm her down, and another before Jessie felt okay enough to start talking again. Leon was older, which probably made him stronger, but still. Jessie envied his speedy recovery.

Anya has no idea what’s jappening, breathing deeply to try not to panic. Her friends are all getting worse visions. Seeing the same people again… a ghost gets her attention. “Perhaps I can help, little one.” She whispers, and Anya nods, following her. “Where are we going?” She asks, wincing as she hits a doorframe with her shoulder.

“The library. There’s something there that might help.” Anya furrows her brow. “Miss… I can’t read.” “Then bring the book to the woman that travels with you. She will find answers there.” Anya holds a hand out, letting the spirit guide her hand to a book, and takes it. “Thank you. I’ll bring this to her.”

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella I Mentioned: n/A I Located: out and about
[div class="Lines"]
"What was what?" He asked, confused, and somewhat concerned at the girl's sudden change in tone, not even the smile on her face could sway the obvious fact that something had gotten to her. "Are you alright?" Santo could only wonder, staring at her in confusion, though in truth he was not only worried, but intrigued. All that was happening with them, it was mysterious, to say the least, and the young man longed to know what it all meant, it was obvious on his face as he pierced into the girl's eyes.
"I..." Her smiled faded a second. She looked away. "I don't know. I think I am.. I saw a lady and a boy but another man and the boy and lady I've seen before. It's..confusing and the man.. he had a whip he was going to use it on me." Her hand went to grab her stmach, clenching her shirt. "I felt afraid.." She said softly. It was weird she never... felt like that before, not deeply and truly. "It just must be something weird with my powers, I get night mares all the time. Kick in my sleep, toss and turn. This must just be something like that. Maybe we should go back to the house..." She glanced back at him, obviously very worried but desperately trying to hide that look. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Santo Guineth
Town​
Santo stared toward Ri as she spoke, with a mix of intrigue and worry. The look in her eye, it was the same one that haunted the young man daily, fear, if only for a moment. Almost on its own, the young man's hand reached out, clenching softly onto the girl's forearm. "Just remember... It's not real." Santo stated, watching the girl, before looking down at his hand, pulling it back to his side. "It's not real..." He had continued to tell himself that same thing ever since the dream, and yet... It had felt just that, uncannily so, and now the children seemed to be suffering once more.

"Y-yeah, we should go back and make sure the others are okay." He added, a slight stutter to his tone as he removed his gaze from Ri, looking back to where they had come from. It had been close to an hour since they had left, and in truth, he couldn't help but wonder what had transpired since. As he began to walk, Santo attempted to remain quiet, yet couldn't help but ask... "This man... This lady... What did they look like?" He wondered out-loud, still looking toward their destination as he spoke, his mind begging to find any links that might give him some sort of clue to the similarities of their dreams. The young man's face turned toward her for a short moment, anticipating a response.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella I Mentioned: N/A I Located: On route back to the house.
[div class="Lines"]
"This man... This lady... What did they look like?" He wondered out-loud, still looking toward their destination as he spoke, his mind begging to find any links that might give him some sort of clue to the similarities of their dreams. The young man's face turned toward her for a short moment, anticipating a response.
She glanced at him, and glanced away, following beside him as her eyes stayed on her feet. "The man, had dark skin, dark hair... and a trim suit..he had a whip..and the woman..she was pale with long white hair..she tried to keep the man away.. there was a boy too.. he had hair like mine and spots on his face. There's a cliff he keeps taking me away from... I think I dreamed about the cliff before.." Ri sighed. This was just confusing. It was just another bad dream wasn't it?

"I don't think its all that important... I have night mares all the time, having them in broad daylight...Might just be from worry or something." She looked at him. "What do you make of it?" he seemed interested in it, maybe he had some thoughts that could help her out.

((Sorry this is late!!!!!)) [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Santo Guineth
Town​
"I..." Santo placed his hand to his chin in thought. Just what was all of this about? The dreams seemed so specific, the locations always the same, and yet the people seemed to differ. "I don't think these are just random dreams." He noted, a slightly worried tonality filling his breaths, his hand shaking ever so slightly as it moved back to his side. "Don't worry about it, I'm sure that..."

The young man's words seemed to suddenly stop, his mouth remaining agape, as his pupils seemed to vanish from their respective eyeballs. Yet to Santo himself, nothing of the such had happened, he was simply standing on the ledge, almost as if he had been for some time, staring toward a couple. While he knew little of history, from the brief descriptions he had read, two imaginations filled his gasping mind, the king, and his queen, of old.

Inina took the man into her arms, engaging with him a long, passionate kiss. Santo continued to stare, bewildered, just what was all of this about? Almost as soon as her lips left his, a grey, cancerous crawl of gray came over his body, emanating from his lips, his skin rapidly dehydrating, until his entire body appeared as a festering chapped lip. The king's body fell, hollow and decayed, toward the ground, not even a slight thud escaping as it collided beside Inina.

"W-Wh?" Santo began to question, both in his dream, and beside Ri, his real body falling to its knees without concern for its own well being. Still, it stared into the air, as the absence of colour which filled his eyes began to darken. Inina looked toward him, her talons stretching out, to beckon Santo closer. This was the one who had posses Anya? He had never physically seen her before and yet his minds image seemed so... Pure. Her white hair hung over her shoulders, staring dead into the boy's eyes.

She... Was evil. Santo surely knew that. From what he had heard, what she had done to that poor young woman... Yet... He wanted to know... He needed to know. The young man's entire body shook, eyes darting around her body, yet the woman continued to beckon, an almost peaceful expression donning her light face. As he began to step forward, his eyeballs rapidly turned, to a blood red. He would find out what was going on, it was his right, he could share such information with the others and!...

"I need to know!" Santo shouted as the woman's fist closed, clenching like a hawks upon its prey. His voice was audible to any nearby, as his pupils returned to his reddened eyes, frantically darting around reality. "It... Was another dream!?" He questioned himself, his hands reaching toward his eyes, rubbing them with discomfort. His blood pulsed around his body with immense pressure, his desire to unleash it rising rapidly. Removing them, he look up to see Ri once more, before quickly diverting his gaze back to the tavern. "W-We need to go!" He forced the words through his teeth, trying to hold back the feeling that began to overcome him. It was like before, after their encounter with the bandits, his body still shaking as he attempted to pull himself up.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Era

As Leon described his own dream-experience, Era skimmed over her journal.

‘You… you two saw each other in the cliff dream, right?’ She didn’t look up from making new notes.

‘Cliff Dream, same man, with a cape and… oh. OH!’

She dropped her charcoal pencil and her head fell onto her hand.

‘Idiot, idiot, idiot.’ Era snatched the pencil back up and scribbled something, then circled it several times and surrounded it with question marks. With a smack, she shut her journal again and looked up as if she had said nothing.

Yatasal Yatasal Lost Lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back