• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Children of Villainy

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Fred frowned, and Eric was about to ask another question but Fred gave him a look. "Alright, well, hm. Well, at any rate, you're free to stay here for the night. You got lucky, the lobby's full of drunk and fighting customers who didn't notice the screaming. And the inn's relatively empty on this side of it, so the rest of the tenants probably didn't notice either. But we're about to start the Anniversary Festival, which means that lots of tourists will start coming to the city. That's probably what you kids are here for... But, if you're going to have screamin' nightmares you can't stay at my inn. I'm sorry, but I can't be losing business this time of year."

Eric opened his mouth, but shut it again with a small nod in agreement. He didn't like it anymore than Fred did, but they needed the Anniversary Festival profits to last them through the winter, when there weren't very many travelers on the road. Still, Eric couldn't help but wonder if there was some other place he could put them, just until they needed to move on. They were kids, after all.

And that's when he remembered Deaf Dee. Deaf Dee was an ancient woman, almost certainly in her late nineties, and she was completely and totally deaf. Not only that, but she lived in a large house given to her by members of the Anniversary Festival Committee. People thought of her as a symbol that the times never really changed, not while Deaf Dee was alive. No one Eric or Fred knew actually thought of her this way, but once a year everyone visited her house, and brought her food or flowers or other things. Some people visited more often, hoping to rely on her wisdom, but she always said nonsensical things and wasn't taken seriously by anyone who actually knew her.

And, she just happened to be Eric's great-great-aunt.

In the morning, Eric helped the kids clean up their things (they left Era to sleep), the rooms, and led them all to Deaf Dee's house, where he showed them all to an entire wing of guest rooms. There were five guest rooms, and he allowed them to split off however they liked. "The festival's in a week, but she won't mind the company, promise. There's also Samantha, she's the housekeeper and cook, and Margo, the gardener, and Myrna, the maid, and Myrna's brother, Martin. Martin does everything. Just keep things clean, and I'm sure you can stay here as long as you like!"

Eventually, Eric went and collected Era. By then she had slept for a full day and a half, and he guided her to the house and explained everything on the way. "Hope you enjoy your stay! The library's on the second street to the right. Happy Anniversary!"

Era

When she was woken up--damn, a whole day? And a half? Been a while since I’ve done magic like that. Almost the whole way to Deaf Dee’s house, Era thanked the innkeeper repeatedly. Every other few words seemed to be ‘thank you so much, I'm so sorry,’ it was almost irritating. She did not mention that the spirit trapped in the lantern--the one she kept an unrelenting deathgrip on--was the Inina Falconspeare. As soon as she had dropped her belongings off (except the lantern, she kept that at her side), Era made sure all the children were well and uninjured before heading off to--pardon, sprinting off to--the library to return and borrow some more books. Of course, the inspiration that had struck her required information beyond that which a little library could supply; one she wasn't sure was possible to get a look at. But it was crucial that they… well, she, try. But there was also the kids’ inexplicable pull towards the west that would need to be investigated as well. She decided they would parcel out the options of where to take the group later, after she got a bit more research done. At the moment, she was in a small corner of the large living room area, reading closely but available if any of the children should need something.
If they asked for an explanation, she wouldn't be telling them that their friend had been possessed by Inina. Not now. Not yet.

The lantern was set on a small table next to the chair she sat in, always in her peripheral vision.

@ everyone

Anya stays pretty quiet unless asked questions. She hasn’t felt this insecure in her ability in a very long time. She’s glad to be here, with the others, where they should be safe. For now, though… she has to talk to Era.

Anya sits down quietly next to her, swallowing nervously. “Ah… Era?” She asks softly. “I need to talk to you about that spirit… I know you know who she is, since you used her name… but she’s…” she grits her teeth. “She said, anyway, that she’s my mother. Santo’s too. It’s how she was able to take my body so easily, it’s similar to hers.”
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Era

Looking up from her reading, she answered Anya.
‘... Well, she was a very, very powerful magus, and I knew her a little bit in life. Not well. We didn't like each other at all.’ Era chuckled. ‘But she’s contained now. And don't worry, I'm looking into how… well, sometimes, if a person is very inclined toward magics, like she was in life, then that magic can manifest itself in their offspring. I think that’s what happened to you and Santo. And since you and everyone else all are affected by sleepwalking, magical abilities of inexplicable origins, I'm trying to figure out what other mages the others could even be descended from. But don't worry,’ Era gestured to the lantern, ‘I will not let her out of this any time soon. We had a fight once, and she did not come out on top.’ The last sentence came out through gritted teeth.
‘Sorry, I… was there anything else you needed answers about?’

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Anya looks at the lantern, sighing. “What did she look like? She said I look like her when she was younger… but I don’t even know what I look like anymore.”

She huffs. “I do wish she’d be quiet, though. She can’t reach me, but she can still talk to me from in there. She seems to think threatening me will make me let her out. Yes, I can hear you, not sure why you kept screaming if you didn’t know that.” She leans back into the couch, anger obvious on her features.

Jessie stayed close to Anya, knowing full well that she was just as scared as the rest of them about what had happened. She couldn't stop the nightmares though, the ones where she would dream of Possessed Anya killing Mumble or hurting another one of her friends. Anya would always wake up, say she was sorry, and then Jessie would also wake up in a cold sweat, breathing hard like she had just got done running. Mumble was also wary of Anya now, and she went nowhere near Era with the lamp. Jessie wondered if Mumble could sense the lamp's evil spirit, which made sense, because evil spirits had been the only thing Mumble would run away from.

Jessie walked down the long hallway, staring at the various objects and paintings that lined the hallways. Mumble wasn't by her side, but she passed Rico's room and saw Nera and Mumble curled up by each other, sleeping in the sun. Jessie smiled at the site, glad the two had decided to become friends. She passed the open door, and continued walking till she found one of the boy's rooms. She peeked inside, and saw Leon. She pressed her lips together, trying to best decide how to ask a question that had been on her mind ever since she met him. Had he seen her in his dream? Did he also feel the strange similarities? It was weird, really weird, but when he had stepped into the room that night that Anya got possessed, Jessie's instinctual reaction was to run to him, that he would protect her. She didn't know Leon all that well, and yet the feelings remained.

She knocked on his door. "Leon? Um... Could I talk to you? I just, well, Lordy, the other night..." She couldn't seem to get the right words out. "Thanks for... you know. Letting me hug you like that."

Lost Lost AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Era

‘Well she I heard she was quite beautiful before SHE SOLD HER SOUL IN EXCHANGE FOR DARK MAGIC. LIKE AN IDIOT.’ Era directed the last half of the sentence at the lantern, raising her voice. She leaned back in her chair before she continued. ‘Of course, I never met her before then, so I only ever knew the sour, soulless version of her that was morally twisted and rotting. Anyway,’ She turned back to Anya, ‘I guess you do look a bit like her, but without the ‘studied-dark-and-cursed-magic’ part. Your hair is quite a bit lighter too. Do you--do you want me to, uh, cover the lantern up with a, a cloth or something? To try and mute her a bit?’

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Last edited:
Anya sighs. “Please Do… she makes it really hard for me to sleep.” She says, hugging herself. “I mean… I studied a little… but nothing that dark. I wasn’t always blind, you know.” She says sadly.

She misses her sight terribly. She doesn’t regret what she did, but she wishes she hadn’t rendered herself so helpless in the accident. She can’t even read any more, and that used to be one of her favorite things to do.
Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

As he sat in his room, looking into his flute case, Leon couldn't help but grimace. The case itself was fine; he wouldn't have cared much if it had been broken, shabby as it was. No, it was not the box that was the problem, it was his flute - or rather, the two pieces of wood that used to be his flute. The thing laid snapped roughly in half, hanging together by only a few wooden splinters.

He could have sworn that when he shut the box a few nights ago, the instrument had been secure. Then again, there had been screaming, and darkness, and evil spirits, so perhaps it was no surprise that he hadn't cared enough to be cautious. A shame, he thought somberly. He couldn't help but feel a little pang at the loss of the wooden instrument, but he wasn't particularly shocked. It was an old flute, cheaply made and cheaply priced; it had only been a matter of time before it broke.

Ah well, I'm sure I can find something else in the market. He doubted it would be too hard, especially since the Anniversary Festival was coming up. Not that he knew what that was, but he was sure any festival would be a good festival.

She knocked on his door. "Leon? Um... Could I talk to you? I just, well, Lordy, the other night..." She couldn't seem to get the right words out. "Thanks for... you know. Letting me hug you like that."

Leon set the box down as he heard a knock, turning his attention to the door. He was surprised, though not displeased, to see Jessie standing in the doorway, and when she asked to talk, his thoughts instinctively wandered to the dream he had had weeks ago, mere seconds before he had first met her. Was that what she wanted to talk about? Had she had the same dream as him? He found that hard to believe; it would be way too coincidental, too much so to be believed. And yet, he couldn’t help but wonder. Maybe she had shared his dream. Maybe he wasn't the only one who felt an odd sense of familiarity, even though he knew next to nothing about her. He could only hope that was the case, could only hope it had something to do with the voice and their newfound powers. That would be better than the alternative, that he was acting the part of a fool for no reason.

Such hopes were dashed, however, when she went on to mention the incident with Anya. "Oh, no problem; I was happy to help, even if it was something small like that." he replied quickly, forcing a smile. What did you expect, Leon? That your dream was more than a dream?

Yatasal Yatasal

Last edited:
[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
3131c352c60fa0d14a4ade8cdfd40f8a.jpg
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella Fletchawk Fletchawk I Mentioned: N/AI Located: the house
[div class="Lines"]
She sat and watched Nera and Mumble sleep beside each other. She had spent the day here at Deaf Dee's place exploring mostly. Right now she simply sat and thought on the events of the past few days, she felt,useful if not slightly worried. Though never fearful. Maybe, a little fearful if she was honest. It was weird, being a bit scared. That spirit lady man. That was crazy... and they lost some people along the way.. At least she still had Nera, and she's gotten along with everyone else. It was nice, to be apart of a group.

She stood up from the bed, No use dwelling to much. She wanted to know more on this festival going and maybe, looking around the place more. Ri walked out her room and went to look for those that didn't seem busy. Seemed like Santo and Deryth weren't doing anything. Seemed that way to her. "Hey! Either of you wanna, explore or do something?" [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
"Oh, no problem; I was happy to help, even if it was something small like that."
Jessie nodded, and stepped more in the room. "I... Yeah. Thanks. Again. Um... What are you doing?"

How in the skies above was she supposed to ask this properly? Lordy, she never thought talking would be difficult... But this was definitely hard. In her mind's eye she saw the dream, clear as day, even though it had been several months since she'd had it. Him, pulling her back from the edge, and there was something there. Something familiar. Like she was holding one of her little brothers back from the edge. Her youngest brother popped into her head then, and she remembered when he could barely speak, that her other two brothers kept saying, "Spit it out! Spit it out!"

She waited a moment, didn't even listen to his reply, and spat out the words. "Did you see my dream?"

Lost Lost

Santo Guineth
Town​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
Santo stood just outside the inn, his mind still plagued from the thoughts of the spirit that invaded Anya's body. While he was glad that she was okay, the words which she spoke while under that thing's control... They continued to course through his mind.

Looking up as Ri approached, Santo's tired eyes looked up toward her, his skin seemed almost pale, perhaps from the fear of it all. In the past, the thought of exploring the festival wouldn't have even been a question, who knew what you could discover in the different towns that littered the country? But now, even being near the others worried him. "No, I..." The response seemed almost programmed, through the last few years of any stranger even noticing him. Santo paused, turning her gaze toward the streets, before back at Ri, an emotionless expression stretched upon his face. Perhaps it would be good, anything to try to get his mind off of all of this. "Actually, sure, anything to get out of here..." He noted, his voice almost a monotone mumble, attempting to hide his own concern from it.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Fletchawk Fletchawk

Jessie nodded, and stepped more in the room. "I... Yeah. Thanks. Again. Um... What are you doing?"
"Just settling in, I guess," he replied, his gaze absently moving to his flute case. "We might be here for a while, after all. At least until the festival." Or so he hoped. Era hadn't told them otherwise, and Leon figured his leg could use a break. Traveling with a limp had been difficult, more so than he had expected it would be. It had never been a problem in Cynta, seeing as how he rarely had left the house, so he had just assumed that it wouldn't be a problem on the road, either. He had never realized the extent to which it slowed him down, or how little stamina he had as a result of his homebound lifestyle. No use dwelling on what you can't change, I suppose.

Pushing the thoughts of his limp aside, he turned his attention back to Jessie. "Anyway, was there something else you-"

She waited a moment, didn't even listen to his reply, and spat out the words. "Did you see my dream?"

Leon drew silent at her words. Her dream? Could she mean... It seemed unlikely, very unlikely, and yet what else could she be referring to? He could think of no reason for her approach him about anything she might have dreamt, not unless it involved him.

"You mean the one with the cliff, and the voice?" He asked at length, voice hesitant. "Yes, I saw it. I have no idea what it means, if anything, but I saw it."

Yatasal Yatasal

"You mean the one with the cliff, and the voice?" He asked at length, voice hesitant. "Yes, I saw it. I have no idea what it means, if anything, but I saw it."
Jessie came in, and sat cross-legged on the ground. "Lordy, I thought I was crazy. Well, until I met everyone here. Still. I still hear her voice, y'know? I probably sing that song in my sleep. But... why you? Like... do we know each other? Have you ever been to my village, maybe? Braffield?"

((OOC: Will be posting the dream sequence soonish.))

Have you ever been to my village, maybe? Braffield?"

"Can't say that I have," Leon replied with a shake of his head. "I was a rather sickly child; could hardly go a week without coming down with something. My father rarely let me leave the house because of it." He grimaced as he remembered all of the long days spent in bed, poked and prodded by the village doctor. At the time, he had thought the man was a demon; no human would ever force a child to drink that foul-tasting liquid he had called 'medicine', or so young Leon believed.

"As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be an explanation, not one that makes sense. Our villages are miles apart, we've never met; really, the only common thread is that we both hear the woman's call, though that could be said for just about all of the members of our group.

"Maybe there isn't a reason for it," he suggested at last, shrugging. "There doesn't seem to be one for why we got our powers, or why the voice calls out to us. Perhaps this isn't any different."

Yatasal Yatasal

Last edited:
[class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; [/class]
3131c352c60fa0d14a4ade8cdfd40f8a.jpg
Ricollete Salida I Interacting: Randomfella Randomfella Fletchawk Fletchawk I Mentioned: N/A I Located: at the house, ready to roll
[div class="Lines"]
No, I..." The response seemed almost programmed, through the last few years of any stranger even noticing him. Santo paused, turning her gaze toward the streets, before back at Ri, an emotionless expression stretched upon his face. Perhaps it would be good, anything to try to get his mind off of all of this. "Actually, sure, anything to get out of here..." He noted, his voice almost a monotone mumble, attempting to hide his own concern
She smiled. "That's the spirit! Get your mind off the crushing wait of the spirit lady's words. Perfect! Though if you do need to talk about it I can lend my ears or Nera will be glad to listen as well. Plus her ears are soft." RI chuckled, noticing his paleness and worried expression. "Though a godo distraction always helped me, then you can look at things in a new way later. Either way, haha, Shall we get rolling? Coming along Deryth?" She grinned. Seemingly unfazed and ready to go. [div class="Lines"][/div]
[/div]

"Maybe there isn't a reason for it," he suggested at last, shrugging. "There doesn't seem to be one for why we got our powers, or why the voice calls out to us. Perhaps this isn't any different."
Jessie frowned, and wondered if he was right. After all, they all had heard the lady's voice. And she might feel some sort of something with Leon, but it was like her ma said. "My ma said that some spirits are closer together 'cause they were made closer together. Maybe that's how our spirits are! Maybe that's why all of us hear the lady's voice, too. I don't know, it sounds dumb. I wish Era would figure it all out faster. Or that I could help, somehow. I don't even know how to read."

Jessie frowned, and wondered if he was right. After all, they all had heard the lady's voice. And she might feel some sort of something with Leon, but it was like her ma said. "My ma said that some spirits are closer together 'cause they were made closer together. Maybe that's how our spirits are! Maybe that's why all of us hear the lady's voice, too. I don't know, it sounds dumb. I wish Era would figure it all out faster. Or that I could help, somehow. I don't even know how to read."

"Er... what?" Leon said, voice laced with disbelief. "Hold on; you can't read? At all? Your parents never taught you?" He knew he was asking way too many questions at once, but surprised as he was, he couldn't help it. He had been bedridden for almost half of his life, with little more than his boredom to keep him company. Books had been the only things that had driven away monotony, and brought spots of color to his dull routine. To live without that just seemed so empty, so wrong.

Last edited:
Era

‘Well, she’d be a few--several I think, actually--several years older than me. She had blonde hair, not as light as yours, though. Yours or Santo’s’ As she spoke, Era stood up, took her cloak, and wrapped it around the lantern to muffle it, at least a little.
As Anya mentioned not always having been blind, a though hit Era. She immediately dismissed it and sat down. Too dangerous. Not yet, at least.
Anyway…
‘Wait,’ Era’s tone suddenly sharpened. ‘A while ago, didn’t you mention you saw Santo in your dream about the cliff?’

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Last edited:
Anya nods. “Yes… I love the dreams. I can see clearly… and I always see him. At least, the others agree that the description sounds like him.” She says, sounding almost mournful. “Why do you ask? It seems like everyone saw someone else.”

Era

‘Santo said he saw you too, right?’ Era began flipping through the pages of the book she had been reading. There was no index; older tomes didn’t always have them.
As soon as Anya replied to her, Era hopped up out of her chair—making sure to grab the cloak-wrapped lantern—and beckoned.
‘Come on, I wanna get the others real quick. I don’t know but I have an idea and it maybe will mean something.’ Era’s words were beginning to rush that she nearly tripped over them. She called down the hallway, ‘HEY EVERYONE, CAN YOU ALL COME HERE FOR A MINUTE OR TWO PLEASE?’ And waited anxiously for a bit. As children came, she would conduct excited head counts every several seconds.

@ everyone

Last edited:
[div class=mainBackground] [div class="header headerCustom"] [/div] [div class="info bottomBorder"] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Location:[/div] [div class=infoText] Deaf Dee's Abode ---> Outside The City [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Interaction:[/div] [div class=infoText] Ricolette, Santo [/div] [/div] [div class=infoBox] [div class=infoLabel]Tags:[/div] [div class=infoText] AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Randomfella Randomfella Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Yatasal Yatasal Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Lost Lost [/div] [/div] [/div] [div style="font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); white-space: pre-wrap;"] "No, I think I'll stay here for now. I'm not particularly fond of this city." Deryth replied to Ricolette before waiting for them to leave. Deryth was tired. Most of the exhaustion came from the mental drain of always keeping his guard up around the group. It wasn't that he disliked those in the group, but Deryth still distrusted their abilities. The group had changed location to a place a little less cramped, but it made little difference to him as Deryth's mind had been made up. The spirit possession incident was the deciding factor on Deryth's decision to part ways from the group. He had been mulling over on whether to stay with the group or not once they reached Arinzye, but Deryth was sure that the potential danger staying with the group now outweighed any reason he had to stay. Returning to the room that his pack and equipment stowed away, Deryth made his brief preparations to leave the city, and those that he'd spent the last two months with, behind. Not wanting to deal with saying goodbye, especially to Jessie, the girl that seemed to shadow him constantly during the trek, Deryth left a short note.
Must go west. ~D
With the note written, Deryth put on his belt and was about to pick up his pack to drop it out the window, his choice of exit, when he noticed a tuft of fur sticking out of it. Taking a moment open the flap of his pack, Deryth knew the fur was part of the mittens that he'd been working on part of way here. The mittens were mainly made from the lynx that he'd killed just prior joining the group. They were a bit rough from being made on the road, and they were a bit small on him, but they'd be warm and likely hold together for a winter or two. Deryth stared at his creation for few seconds before placing them beside the note, closed the flap on his pack, and continued his departure. Once he was out the window, Deryth quickly made his way through the city and towards the opposite side of the city that he'd entered. He made only brief stop to pick up some supplies before he continued to follow the road west. Unsure what exactly awaited him, Deryth had a feeling that he was going to find the source of this 'Voice' that was calling to him, and hopefully, a cure to his affliction. [div class="mainText" style="width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; font-size: 0.6em; text-align: center"]Like this code? Check out Lex's Codes to get your own![/div] [/div][/div] [class name=mainBackground] background: rgb(40, 40, 40); box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 10%; padding-right: 10%; padding-top: 5%; padding-bottom: 5px; [/class] [class name=header] display: block; postion: relative; box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 5px; font-family: 'Share', sansserif; font-size: 3em; text-align: left; [/class] [class name=headerCustom] background-color: #004200 ; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class] [class name=bottomBorder] margin-bottom: 10px; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5); [/class] [class name=info] display: flex; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; padding-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; font-family: 'Raleway', sansserif; font-size: 0.9em; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: justify; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class name="info" maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%;[/class] [class name=infoBox] display: flex; flex: 1 0 50%; width: auto; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=infoBox maxWidth=1000px] display: block; width: 100%; margin: 5px; [/class] [class name=infoLabel] max-width: 80px; flex: 1 0 auto; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 3px; margin-right: 3px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(40, 40, 40); [/class] [class name=infoText] width: auto; flex: 5 0 auto; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); [/class]

A few tears escaped Eliss' eyes, and she quickly dashed them away. The infants hadn't survived their birth, and she carefully wrapped up the remains of their nest and set it outside the door. She closed her eyes, her chin quivering. Death, death, death. She heard a raspy voice in the main room, and she hurried to her other charge. "Eliss? I thought... I saw danger... I see... So many things..."

"Shh..." Eliss grabbed a rag and dabbed his oozing wounds. "It's alright, I'm here. You'll be alright, Bepraffe, you'll see."

His voice became garbled, full of small clicks and screechy noises. Eliss dropped the rag in a bucket besides him, and walked away. He didn't have long. He had reverted to his native tongue, and that was never a good sign. Some smaller creatures fell into her hair, and their digging gave her some small comfort. Bepraffe needed aid, and fast.

She closed her eyes, and shot her arms out. All of her grief at the possible loss of her friend--her only friend--was too much, and she released her next verse.

I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future
Bring me your peace
Bring me your peace and his wounds, they will heal!​

Eliss stumbled back as the spell exploded off of her, and she fell. She breathed out slowly, and heard Bepraffe behind her. "Eliss? Did your student make another mistake?"

Eliss sighed, and watched the effects of the spell fade away. She felt weak and tired, and knew that she needed to conserve her strength. "No, Bepraffe. She's long dead now."

"Always making mistakes, that one..." Bepraffe mumbled, before descending back into his native tongue. Eliss laid on the floor of the cave. Come soon, children, Eliss begged. Come soon.

((OOC: Okay! This'll be fun. Y'all are hallucinating. Except, not all at once. The spell hits you all (Including you, Spazzy) and anyone else with enough magical practice. Spazzy, you notice it and feel the intense grief, need, desperation, but not much other than that. Same with anyone else of a magical background.))

((OOC: Jessie will hallucinate first. After that, you guys can choose when you experience the hallucinations. Right away, or up to an hour later, your choice. You can't wait more than an hour though. You also won't feel the effects of the spell (the intense grief) until during and after you hallucinate.))

((OOC: Your hallucination is this: You're back on the cliff face. Same thing as before, you're about to step off, your sibling(s) pull you away from the edge, and you turn back towards the cliff. Standing on the edge of the cliff is your villain parent. Standing next to them is your other biological parent, and you watch as the villain parent....

Roger Daveedi: Pushes the woman off the cliff. He then turns and stares at you, throwing aside an empty gin bottle. He rushes towards you, and that's when you snap out of it.

Inina Falconspeare: Kisses the man, and as she pulls away the man's skin becomes gray and dried out, and his lifeless body falls besides her. She then reaches out to you, beckoning you closer. You choose your reaction, and she closes her fist, and you snap out of it.

Jaela Corsovo: Looks up at you with stone cold eyes, and walks towards you. She touches your cheek, and whispers, "I'm so sorry, dear one." She then looks past you, gasps, and smiles. You turn to see what she's looking at, and see a black man dressed in a trim suit. He smiles, and you can see a strange whip at his hip. His smile turns foul, and he tries to use the whip on you. Jaela moves through you and has two knives, catching the whip before it can strike. The man struggles against the whip, and Jaela whispers, "I'll kill her for what she's done to you." The man struggles against her, and then shoves her aside. He again tries to throw the whip against you, and Jaela's scream is the last thing you hear before you snap out of it.

Bihaal Dyrone: Is writing a message, and a bird comes along and takes it out of his hands. He smiles and nods to the bird, who flies straight at you, snapping you out of it just before the bird collides with your face.))

((OOC: No changes to your powers.))

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Lost Lost

"Hold on; you can't read? At all? Your parents never taught you?"
Jessie furrowed her brow. "My ma learned when she was little, but she forgot how. I think my Da never learned neither... No one in Braffield could, except for Ole Man Higgs. And Ma said he was a wizard, so none of us went near him." She shrugged. "Never needed to know how to read, I guess. What's so special about it?"
‘HEY EVERYONE, CAN YOU ALL COME HERE FOR A MINUTE OR TWO PLEASE?’
Jessie turned towards Era's voice. "Guess we better see what--"

Jessie suddenly found herself standing. She was back on the cliff, and found herself wanting to take a step off. No, that was wrong. This was wrong. Jessie stared at the sunset in front of her, and found its golden light terrifying. A hand on her arm pulled her back away from the cliff, and when she turned to see who it was, she saw it was Leon. Some of her fear melted away, and she held onto him. He looked back towards the cliff, and Jessie looked with him, letting go of Leon.

She saw a tall man, standing right on the edge of the cliff. He was dressed in a military uniform, with a bright red cape flowing in the wind. He was standing next to a woman who was dressed in very little clothing, her body covered in glittery paint. She had bright, exaggerated makeup, and a smirk lit up her face. She waved to Jessie sassily, and Jessie couldn't help but stare at her.

Her attention was suddenly turned back to the man, who took the woman roughly by the shoulders. Her smirk never died, not until he suddenly threw her off the cliff. Jessie cried out, and the man turned to look back towards Jessie. His cold, murderous stare froze Jessie's insides. Tears sprang to her eyes, and she backed away. Leon was gone, it was just her and the strange man. His red cape billowed out behind him, and he shouted a strange war cry and rushed towards her. Jessie screamed and fell back on the ground, shielding her face.

She was still screaming when she came out of the hallucination...

Lost Lost

Santo Guineth
Town​
yvell_by_las_t-d67dgjd.jpg
Giving a light shrug to her words, Santo began to pick himself up, preparing to leave. Looking toward Deryth, he simply nodded in response, before a sudden... Shouting caught his attention. The young man's face slanted a bit, a length breath extending from his nostrils. Era had helped the others a lot during their travels, and after what happened to Anya, he knew better than to not show gratitude, but still... She could be a bit much.

"Sounds like we'll need to be quick about it." A nonchalant tone filled Santo's words, before he turned back to face Ri, a look of ever so slight anticipation across his face. "I'm ready if you are." He added, eyes hovering back toward the building once more, as if to see if any besides Deryth had spotted them, before back toward the girl. If this little meeting was anything like most the woman attempted to have with them, Santo definitely wished to avoid it, especially now. Still, it was clear he intended to leave the decision to Ri, awaiting her response curiously, a single eyebrow barely raised.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back